Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16134&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:09:03 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Would Your Church Host Danny Shelton For A Rally/fundraiser?, Would you donate?
lowender
post Oct 7 2007, 04:04 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,696

Tell us what you think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Oct 7 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #2

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(lowender @ Oct 7 2007, 06:04 PM) *
Tell us what you think?

no, and no.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 7 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #3

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Mercy, they tryin' to make me cuss up in here ta'day! No and no.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Oct 7 2007, 05:21 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,305

I don't have the power to stop it if my church decided to host but I sure would be very vocal against it. We have a member who is doing a program on 3ABN so I guess it could happen. Hope not! no.gif

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Oct 7 2007, 06:13 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

In contemplating an answer for this question, there came to mind a little saying that goes something like this....

No, no....a thousand times, NO!

Yes, Regis, that is my final answer!

smile.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post Oct 7 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #6

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

slow news day I suppose?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
4reneyonly
post Oct 7 2007, 07:30 PM
Post #7

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,162

Sure, along with Bushman, Chain-EE and Con-gurrilla-Rice, as guest speakers on world love and peace. 2guns.gif

It could happen.

--------------------
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:26-28 KJV

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Oct 7 2007, 07:46 PM
Post #8

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Oct 7 2007, 06:11 PM) *
no, and no

What he said.....

...but skrongah....
snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
calvin
post Oct 7 2007, 08:14 PM
Post #9

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

My church probably would...and I would probably give a donation. My church initiated a city-wide Adventist letter campaign in the city 2 years ago to bring 3ABN to Cox Cable. I led out in the effort as the Personal Ministry leader in my church. I have 3ABN in my home, enjoy much of the programs (my wife watches much more than I do). 3ABN is much more that Danny Shelton.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Oct 7 2007, 10:57 PM
Post #10

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(calvin @ Oct 7 2007, 08:14 PM) *
My church probably would...and I would probably give a donation. My church initiated a city-wide Adventist letter campaign in the city 2 years ago to bring 3ABN to Cox Cable. I led out in the effort as the Personal Ministry leader in my church. I have 3ABN in my home, enjoy much of the programs (my wife watches much more than I do). 3ABN is much more that Danny Shelton.

... and God is in fact still using the ministry, because it is bigger than Danny.

Danny doesn't know that, though. And for that reason, for my part, no, and no. When it hits the media, some of us will be embarrassed that we supported them to the extent that we did.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Oct 7 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #11

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Yes ( for the church)...and (for Sarah) it depends on what God tells me to do (which I can't predict today). I can say that I would be open to it, but would be more inclined to support a specific ministry at 3ABN rather than make a general donation (that's just me).

I would have to agree that the ministry of a channel is not just limited to one person. I would never think of boycotting The Word Network or TBN because of a person. no.gif I support what I believe God has for me to, and turn the channel off for the rest.

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Oct 7 2007, 11:09 PM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Brick Step
post Oct 8 2007, 01:44 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,624

QUOTE(calvin @ Oct 7 2007, 08:14 PM) *

The churches around where I live probably would, too. 3ABN IS much bigger than Danny Shelton.

Today, already, even the name "Christian" is hard to wear in some contexts. My understanding of Bible prophecy is that the world will pressure "Seventh-day Adventists” to go quiet on their name. It's happening already. But some names are bigger than anybody's misrepresentation of them.

Our home feels very wrenched by the issues. The magnitude of this 3ABN crisis! But there is opportunity here for all the King’s horses and all the king’s men, with all their varying ideas on how to put Humpty together again, to realize anew the enormity of the limitations under which even the greatest of their number labour, - and let the King be King. The nursery rhyme doesn’t go that far, but we have a Creator-King who could even by a word put Humpty together again, without waiting for the court case way down in 2009. Praying every day.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Oct 8 2007, 04:17 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(lowender @ Oct 7 2007, 04:04 PM) *
Tell us what you think?

Sorry but No...... Just could not go there, do that, or support them at this time.

Yes, 3abn is more than Danny Shelton but right now I have not seen a major clean-up crew at work yet. For me the alleged cover up of abuse with no acknowledgement to the victims, the apparent misuse of donated funds, the law suit, the lies, and the rest of the story makes it impossible for me to lend my support to DS or 3abn.

I just read the latest on save3abn about the station sales, the book sales with alleged profits lining pockets, and more. Guess the jet plane was given up and now we have a jet car racing to raise funds....sorry but cannot support any of it.

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Oct 8 2007, 05:00 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(lowender @ Oct 8 2007, 08:04 AM) *
Tell us what you think?

No and a thousand times NO. After thorough 'house-cleaning' and restoration to victoms, then I would possibly re-consider.

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
lowender
post Oct 8 2007, 07:59 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(calvin @ Oct 7 2007, 09:14 PM) *

I left "3ABN" out of the question for that purpose...

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:09 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church