Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16134&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:02:30 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Would Your Church Host Danny Shelton For A Rally/fundraiser?, Would you donate?
awesumtenor
post Oct 8 2007, 08:11 AM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(lowender @ Oct 8 2007, 09:59 AM) *
I left "3ABN" out of the question for that purpose...

Exactly; but therein lies the rub... the people who have insisted 3ABN is more than Danny Shelton chose to presume that the question of hosting Danny Shelton is the question of hosting 3ABN... which, in essence, refutes what they say that 3ABN is more than DS...

Some may say they are not the same but at some level they equate them... either consciously or subconsciously; otherwise they would not have responded as they did...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Oct 8 2007, 08:21 AM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

I know from specifically asking my pastor that my church would not host Danny Shelton. They also would not allow Linda Shelton to speak or even sing. They would, and did, welcome her into worship with us when she was out here in July. I would imagine that they would similarly welcome Danny Shelton into worship as well.

The reason stated by my pastor was that the local church leadership are working diligently to have a strong, united and active congregation and don't want to bring in controversies that might have a divisive influence.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 8 2007, 09:30 AM
Post #18

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I also should have said, but I was in a hurry at the time that the most important reason why my church would never host 3ABN is becuase most folks there have not even heard of it or Danny. Besides being Adventist, we are not a part of the 3ABN demographic audience. Now some churches who are not a part of that demogrpahic will latch on they are Adventist(or so we thought).

Now, if miraculously, my church would even consider such a thing, I am afriad I woiuld have to protest. 3ABN IS bigger than Danny also in the respect that there are too many questions, and Danny is not acting alone in these actions. I just don't believe that the Adventist church should be affilaited with them until those questions are answered. Number#! for me being a declaration of their religious affiliation. Are you Adventist, as you seem to be by doctrine, programming and affiliation, or are you non denominational as you claim legally? Just give me alittle truth here.

Also, on a another personal note, I am just sorry, but Danny is a redneck as they come. Racist to his po lil' Southern IL heart. He can't help it, neither is he trying. Anytime you tell a story about not knowing if a man can sing, and then making the determiantion that he can by the fact that he was black in the 2007, you are cluless about your own racism, and most dangerous of being hurtful and offensive, and in the wrong crownd being hurt yourself. I don't know what those folks in Chicago were thinking when he told that story, but at that point I would have to have left the building. This is not the only politically incoorect remarks he's made either.

The presence of JL, Whintley Phipps, etc. not withstanding. Not maning any of the blacks who are affiliated with 3ABN any slight or harm, but racist folks have always surround themselves with a certain amount of black folks. Doesn/t keep them from referring to blacks as the "n" word or the "c" word when those blacks are not around. I am sure some are doing what God is telling them to do, inspite of the environment. If it wasn't for some folks who endured some things and open those doors., my people would not have made the strides we have so far. Then some are of the type who helped to sell their brothers and siters into slavery, or helped to turn in those who were trying to escape....there is a name or two for them, but as a christian I don't use them. Ia m sure they are rpresented at 3ABN also. A good way to know them is that the statement can be made, "You know you are different than "other" blacks" or some such comment, and they not only are not affended, but fee special.

Our own church history is that the whites who established the Adventist church did believe that they shoiuld evangelize blacks as EGW mandated in "Southern Work", however, they established regional conferences when they realized this would mean they would have to sit in church next to us. Then heaven forbid some of us might actually want to lead, not sit in the back, etc. We are still an environment in which racism is bred and festers.

I know this is a round about and long answer, but just wanted to give a good undstanding. Sorry if this is a bit hard to take for some,b ut it is the truth anyhow.

QUOTE(lowender @ Oct 8 2007, 06:59 AM) *
I left "3ABN" out of the question for that purpose...

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Oct 8 2007, 09:53 AM
Post #19

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Amen, Di. He that has an ear, let him hear.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Oct 8 2007, 10:06 AM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Didn't I read somewhere that the Shelton gang had something against the KKK?

But I think that was because the KKK wanted to shut down the liquor traffic and the Sheltons were part of the folks doing the trafficing.

So how did the Shelton gang in the bloody Williamson years relate to racial issues? Just curious. Anyone know?

+Quote Post
PANTHERKITTY
post Oct 8 2007, 12:25 PM
Post #21

Welcome Newbie

Group: Banned
Member No.: 4,401

QUOTE(Pickle @ Oct 8 2007, 11:06 AM) *
Didn't I read somewhere that the Shelton gang had something against the KKK?

But I think that was because the KKK wanted to shut down the liquor traffic and the Sheltons were part of the folks doing the trafficing.

So how did the Shelton gang in the bloody Williamson years relate to racial issues? Just curious. Anyone know?

WOW--Pickle, this is the BEST yet! If this isn't the craziest thing for you to say on a public forum. Have you forgotten the rules? You know, the part about "not lying..." Perhaps you ought to go read them again and refresh your memory. Oh yes, it is against the ten commandments too--you know, not "bearing false witness" against people.

You are doing nothing but trying to rile up everyone more against 3ABN. May God have mercy on your soul because you will need it.

Lee

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Oct 8 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(princessdi @ Oct 8 2007, 11:30 AM) *
(snip)
Also, on a another personal note, I am just sorry, but Danny is a redneck as they come. Racist to his po lil' Southern IL heart. He can't help it, neither is he trying. Anytime you tell a story about not knowing if a man can sing, and then making the determiantion that he can by the fact that he was black in the 2007, you are cluless about your own racism, and most dangerous of being hurtful and offensive, and in the wrong crownd being hurt yourself. I don't know what those folks in Chicago were thinking when he told that story, but at that point I would have to have left the building. This is not the only politically incoorect remarks he's made either.

The presence of JL, Whintley Phipps, etc. not withstanding. Not maning any of the blacks who are affiliated with 3ABN any slight or harm, but racist folks have always surround themselves with a certain amount of black folks. Doesn/t keep them from referring to blacks as the "n" word or the "c" word when those blacks are not around. I am sure some are doing what God is telling them to do, inspite of the environment. If it wasn't for some folks who endured some things and open those doors., my people would not have made the strides we have so far. Then some are of the type who helped to sell their brothers and siters into slavery, or helped to turn in those who were trying to escape....there is a name or two for them, but as a christian I don't use them. Ia m sure they are rpresented at 3ABN also. A good way to know them is that the statement can be made, "You know you are different than "other" blacks" or some such comment, and they not only are not affended, but fee special.
(snip)
I know this is a round about and long answer, but just wanted to give a good undstanding. Sorry if this is a bit hard to take for some,b ut it is the truth anyhow.

I find it interesting that you used a term to descibe DS that many would consider a pejorative term.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pejorative
Please clarify your intended meaning.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Oct 8 2007, 02:15 PM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(PANTHERKITTY @ Oct 8 2007, 01:25 PM) *
WOW--Pickle, this is the BEST yet! If this isn't the craziest thing for you to say on a public forum. Have you forgotten the rules? You know, the part about "not lying..." Perhaps you ought to go read them again and refresh your memory. Oh yes, it is against the ten commandments too--you know, not "bearing false witness" against people.

You are doing nothing but trying to rile up everyone more against 3ABN. May God have mercy on your soul because you will need it.

Lee

Try http://www.google.com/search?q=shelton+gang+kkk and then click on the first link, "Rivalry," and you'll see that I wrote the truth.

Now what harm is it to 3ABN today to show that the Shelton Gang of yesteryear were bitter foes of the KKK? What harm?

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 8 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Oct 8 2007, 03:01 PM) *
I find it interesting that you used a term to descibe DS that many would consider a pejorative term.

I am white. I consider redneck both a descriptive term.... and one that is used widely both by rednecks themselves and those who are not... and it is also a pergorative term for those of us who do not agree with their value system or their way of going about spredding it.

But all that is just background for me to say that I think Di used the term correctly and accurately.... given who she was describing.

Thanks for your comments Di....

................TVsnack.gif.................

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Oct 8 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #25

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

I do not believe contributing to his private "ministry" would be a wise use of the funds I have been made a stewad over. nono.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Oct 8 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #26

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Pickle)
Now what harm is it to 3ABN today to show that the Shelton Gang of yesteryear were bitter foes of the KKK?

This excerpt almost sounds prophetic:
"Eventually, nothing was left of the Shelton empire but legend."
http://www.thezephyr.com/monson/sheltons.htm

Hey, didn't the Shelton Gang ran with the Cuckoos--of One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest fame?
http://www.crimelibrary.com/gangsters_outl...cs/louis/5.html

(now, back to your regular programming)

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 8 2007, 04:13 PM
Post #27

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

LOL!!! Ok Well, I sure don't mean Jeff Foxworthy and his Rednecks of Comedy( I actually like them they are pretty funny. And from this we have become pretty desensitize to the term and it's original meaning. I meant it to mean he was quite racist, and just not to blacks. I mean int he sense that he is intolerant of other cultures, etc. Besides Adventist doctrine, the rest of 3ABN is not tolerant or even geared to attract ethnic groups of any kind. It is not diverse, really in that the minorities they do have to two the line with the ataus quo.

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Oct 8 2007, 12:01 PM) *

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Ian
post Oct 8 2007, 04:25 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(princessdi @ Oct 8 2007, 04:13 PM) *
I meant it to mean he was quite racist, and just not to blacks. I mean int he sense that he is intolerant of other cultures, etc..

I thought you meant it that way, but was hoping you didn't.

You don't even know him. Shame on you. What you are saying is absolutely false.

Don't take my word for it. Why not inquire of those in other countries Danny visits, or even John Dinzy, Dinzy's Father in law, or Moses Prime, John Lomacang, C.A. Murray, or even Calvin's own brother and sister in law, Curtis and Paula who do a cooking show on 3ABN, or a host of others. You might even question Calvin's Mom and Grandma, who I sat across from and met at Sabbath breakfast during the latest 3ABN campmeeting. The nicest ladies, and his Grandma had the sweetest smile,

I very much doubt from all that was said that any of those would agree with you.

This post has been edited by Ian: Oct 8 2007, 04:35 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 8 2007, 04:51 PM
Post #29

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Re read my first post, Ian. that explains all of that. It is something like, "Some of my best friends are black". Please

However, there is another interesting point in your post.. Youare not the one who asked for the clarirification. !

QUOTE(Ian @ Oct 8 2007, 03:25 PM) *
I thought you meant it that way, but was hoping you didn't.

You don't even know him. Shame on you. What you are saying is absolutely false.

Don't take my word for it. Why not inquire of those in other countries Danny visits, or even John Dinzy, Dinzy's Father in law, or Moses Prime, John Lomacang, C.A. Murray, or even Calvin's own brother and sister in law, Curtis and Paula who do a cooking show on 3ABN, or a host of others. You might even question Calvin's Mom and Grandma, who I sat across from and met at Sabbath breakfast during the latest 3ABN campmeeting. The nicest ladies, and his Grandma had the sweetest smile,

I very much doubt from all that was said that any of those would agree with you.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Oct 8 2007, 05:16 PM
Post #30

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(princessdi @ Oct 8 2007, 06:51 PM) *
Re read my first post, Ian. that explains all of that. It is something like, "Some of my best friends are black". Please

However, there is another interesting point in your post.. Youare not the one who asked for the clarirification. !

Gurl he's doing DS a favor with the 'I/he knows black people" and even work/eat with them therefor what you say is patently untrue...

Please pull the other one while you are down there, danke blink.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:02 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church