Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16134&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:02:32 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Would Your Church Host Danny Shelton For A Rally/fundraiser?, Would you donate?
PeacefulBe
post Oct 8 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Ian @ Oct 8 2007, 03:25 PM) *
I thought you meant it that way, but was hoping you didn't.

You don't even know him. Shame on you. What you are saying is absolutely false.

Don't take my word for it. Why not inquire of those in other countries Danny visits, or even John Dinzy, Dinzy's Father in law, or Moses Prime, John Lomacang, C.A. Murray, or even Calvin's own brother and sister in law, Curtis and Paula who do a cooking show on 3ABN, or a host of others. You might even question Calvin's Mom and Grandma, who I sat across from and met at Sabbath breakfast during the latest 3ABN campmeeting. The nicest ladies, and his Grandma had the sweetest smile,

I very much doubt from all that was said that any of those would agree with you.

Ian,

She doesn't even know him? Didn't you just recently speak about knowing others by their fruits?

I was watching the 10 Commandments Weekend programs this year and heard Danny laughingly tell the Chicago audience about the first time he and Melody were informed they were going to be singing a trio with CA Murray. He had never heard CA sing before and was worried about the result. He then told the crowd that he had gone with his concerns to Mollie and she reassured him in words to the effect of "He's Black, he can sing". He laughed. Others cringed. It is this insensitivity that speaks of problems in the cultural views of some in leadership.

There is a huge difference between finding common ground with those of different ethnicities and cultures and cluelessly exploiting stereotypes. It would be lovely if he would desire to learn the difference.

PeacefulBe

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 8 2007, 09:02 PM
Post #32

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Thank you PB, for your understanding! notworthy.gif

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Oct 8 2007, 05:41 PM) *
Ian,

She doesn't even know him? Didn't you just recently speak about knowing others by their fruits?

I was watching the 10 Commandments Weekend programs this year and heard Danny laughingly tell the Chicago audience about the first time he and Melody were informed they were going to be singing a trio with CA Murray. He had never heard CA sing before and was worried about the result. He then told the crowd that he had gone with his concerns to Mollie and she reassured him in words to the effect of "He's Black, he can sing". He laughed. Others cringed. It is this insensitivity that speaks of problems in the cultural views of some in leadership.

There is a huge difference between finding common ground with those of different ethnicities and cultures and cluelessly exploiting stereotypes. It would be lovely if he would desire to learn the difference.

PeacefulBe

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:02 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church