Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16407&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:02:16 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Barbara Kerr
roxe
post Oct 30 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Oct 22 2007, 10:23 AM) *
Let's keep in mind that when a person is going through a health crisis, patience, tactfullness, attitude and outlook can suffer greatly. Just ask my husband about how I can get a little snappish after a week or two of migraines. Barbara was still in the midst of her treatment when the thread was moved to a more appropriate area of BSDA, so she may not have interpreted the move as would one who was in normal health.

That sure the truth!!

With my own health issues, it seems the words patience, tactfulness, attitude and outlook don't even exist...
and if they do, it is with extreme negativity.

However, I keep on trying, praying, giving it all to Jesus... 'cuz I sure can't handle it.

Praise His name!! He is the only One who gives me help and peace.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Oct 31 2007, 06:26 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(princessdi @ Oct 30 2007, 08:43 AM) *
SP, please read Post #3 duplicated here for your conveience:
She knew her thread had been moved. As Sera said it is then upon her to ask why this move was made, instead of sulking.

Perhaps it would have helped if there had a posting or some other announcement saying that her thread had been moved so the readers would know where to find it. Her friends at BSDA are/were on this forum and likely would have been looking for her here.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 31 2007, 07:22 AM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Oct 31 2007, 08:26 AM) *
Perhaps it would have helped if there had a posting or some other announcement saying that her thread had been moved so the readers would know where to find it. Her friends at BSDA are/were on this forum and likely would have been looking for her here.

SP, it would be REALLY nice if you would explain your fixation with this question.... AND if you would investigate enough so you would not demonstrate your ignorance so blatantly.

There are several facts that you are ignoring about this....

1) There WAS such an "announcement". The thread that was "moved" still remained accessible from the 3ABN forum.... in fact it is still accessible from that menu even today.... though obviously it has moved down a few pages in the menu listing.... and cannot be moved to the top in the 3ABN forum. So her "friends" who would have been looking for her on the 3ABN forum would have been able to see the thread and would have been taken automagically to where it was relocated as soon as they accessed it.

2) Barbara never did have very much direct interaction with her "friends" on BSDA.... if you would do a search on her name, you would find that the two main threads that she gave input to were not started directly by her, but by others (Calvin and Johann) who posted messages she sent to them privately for that purpose.

3) While it is not something you could know solely by searching on BSDA, there is also the fact that she did have much to say to her friends privately about what she thought about the kind of treatment she was getting.... not only from BSDA but from others who in one way or another had offended her.

While our sympathies and prayers are and should be with her... and the points duly noted that some have made about how ill health causes over-emotional and even negative reactions, thus excusing her from full responsibility for all she has said.... it is still a fact that however defensive and protective one might feel toward her, when one passes over the line where kindly protection of her becomes criticism of those who point out the facts that exist.... it has, IMO, gone way beyond what is appropriate in the situation. Barbara has never been reprimanded by any BSDA admin for anything, and she is fully free to come here and fellowship with any whom she considers her friends. That she does not choose to do so should not place any negative connotations on the admins... nor upon anyone else who has posted here in response to her.

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Oct 31 2007, 08:00 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 31 2007, 06:22 AM) *
SP, it would be REALLY nice if you would explain your fixation with this question.... AND if you would investigate enough so you would not demonstrate your ignorance so blatantly.

There are several facts that you are ignoring about this....

1) There WAS such an "announcement". The thread that was "moved" still remained accessible from the 3ABN forum.... in fact it is still accessible from that menu even today.... though obviously it has moved down a few pages in the menu listing.... and cannot be moved to the top in the 3ABN forum. So her "friends" who would have been looking for her on the 3ABN forum would have been able to see the thread and would have been taken automagically to where it was relocated as soon as they accessed it.

2) Barbara never did have very much direct interaction with her "friends" on BSDA.... if you would do a search on her name, you would find that the two main threads that she gave input to were not started directly by her, but by others (Calvin and Johann) who posted messages she sent to them privately for that purpose.

3) While it is not something you could know solely by searching on BSDA, there is also the fact that she did have much to say to her friends privately about what she thought about the kind of treatment she was getting.... not only from BSDA but from others who in one way or another had offended her.

While our sympathies and prayers are and should be with her... and the points duly noted that some have made about how ill health causes over-emotional and even negative reactions, thus excusing her from full responsibility for all she has said.... it is still a fact that however defensive and protective one might feel toward her, when one passes over the line where kindly protection of her becomes criticism of those who point out the facts that exist.... it has, IMO, gone way beyond what is appropriate in the situation. Barbara has never been reprimanded by any BSDA admin for anything, and she is fully free to come here and fellowship with any whom she considers her friends. That she does not choose to do so should not place any negative connotations on the admins... nor upon anyone else who has posted here in response to her.

My responses:

Intro Paragraph - a "fixation"? A query. If Barbara made her complaints in the background...why the criticism of her on the front page? (A thought, not a query).

#1 - I stand corrected. My apologies.
#2 - Threads shouldn't have to be initiated by Barbara to constitute interaction.
#3 - Lord have mercy, what you have said sheds new light. Yet I do so hate to think poorly of her.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 31 2007, 08:28 AM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Oct 31 2007, 10:00 AM) *
My responses:

Intro Paragraph - a "fixation"? A query. If Barbara made her complaints in the background...why the criticism of her on the front page? (A thought, not a query).

#1 - I stand corrected. My apologies.
#2 - Threads shouldn't have to be initiated by Barbara to constitute interaction.
#3 - Lord have mercy, what you have said sheds new light. Yet I do so hate to think poorly of her.

Questions were asked about where she was and why she was not here.... the facts that Sister posted were an attempt to answer that question... as kindly as possible.... as have been my comments as well.

#2... You are correct that threads with input from Barbara do not have to be initiated by Barbara. However when it comes to "interaction" ... that only happens if she reads and responds to those who read and respond to her.

#3... Then do not "think poorly of her"... if you have an abiding urgency to better understand the situation, there are those here who would likely respond openly to you privately. If you do not, then I'd suggest just letting the topic go .... and content yourself with thinking kindly of her.... for that can be done either with or without knowledge.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 31 2007, 09:41 AM
Post #36

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

There was at the time. You really need to let this one go especially since you probably were not here. Everyone knew why it was moved, This was not just done yesterday. You really have no right to question anything about this situation.

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Oct 31 2007, 05:26 AM) *

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:02 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church