Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16407&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:08:47 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Barbara Kerr
Uncle Sam
post Oct 15 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,650

Has anyone heard how she is doing?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
msraccoon
post Oct 16 2007, 03:42 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,887

I too, wonder how Barbara is doing and am puzzled as to why she has not updated us. Her last post was from Norway in April, in which she stated she would keep us posted. The last time she accessed BlackSDA was August 2007. Does somebody on this site have access to her or her close friends? Barb, I hope you are healthy and happy. Miss you on BlackSDA.

msraccoon

+Quote Post
jodi
post Oct 16 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 552

QUOTE(msraccoon @ Oct 16 2007, 04:42 AM) *
I too, wonder how Barbara is doing and am puzzled as to why she has not updated us. Her last post was from Norway in April, in which she stated she would keep us posted. The last time she accessed BlackSDA was August 2007. Does somebody on this site have access to her or her close friends? Barb, I hope you are healthy and happy. Miss you on BlackSDA.

msraccoon

I have also missed hearing from Barbara! I talked with her today and she does plan to write eventually, but she has felt like she wasn't welcome on the 3ABN thread since she had been moved off of it. Please continue to pray for her and her family! She loves you all dearly and misses chatting and sharing with you.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Oct 16 2007, 08:18 PM
Post #4

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

You can find the Barbara Kerr thread in the Praise and Testimony section.
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...=12409&st=0

+Quote Post
Brick Step
post Oct 16 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,624

Praying for you, Barbara.

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Oct 16 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

I am praying that you will come back to BSDA and continue giving us your healing stories.
Remember you were moved within BSDA not re-moved. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Oct 16 2007, 10:52 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Oct 17 2007, 08:05 AM
Post #7

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Oct 15 2007, 12:29 PM) *
Has anyone heard how she is doing?

http://www.tasteofhealth.net/gallery.htm

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
SandyColorado
post Oct 17 2007, 12:27 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 599

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Oct 17 2007, 08:05 AM) *

Thanks for posting that. She looks great in her picture. I am sure that we have all missed her and were wondering how things were going.

+Quote Post
sister
post Oct 21 2007, 07:15 PM
Post #9

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(jodi @ Oct 16 2007, 08:50 PM) *
I have also missed hearing from Barbara! I talked with her today and she does plan to write eventually, but she has felt like she wasn't welcome on the 3ABN thread since she had been moved off of it. Please continue to pray for her and her family! She loves you all dearly and misses chatting and sharing with you.

I will preface this comment with the following: I have nothing against Barbara Kerr, but she does seem like a bit of an opportunist in desiring a thread about her personal health condition riding on the coat tails of the 3ABN saga, which is a widely read area of BSDA.

Now most of you reading this are familiar with the many posts I have made regarding 3ABN, but if I started a thread in the section about 3ABN, which had nothing to do with 3ABN but concerned another topic and the administrators moved it to a more appropriate section, that should not cause me to be offended. If in the midst of what I was posting, I promoted a personal project, and you all know "sister", you just might want to send me some funds. If that were the case and I was moved to a less trafficed area I would probably be offended.

If what Jodi said is true about Barbara, "She loves you all dearly and misses chatting and sharing with you.", there has been nothing that has stoped her from continuing in her thread once it was moved to another area. The reason for moving it was lack of relevance to the 3ABN saga, nothing personal toward Barbara---which I believe was made quite clear. So why did she stop? BSDA is not just the threads about 3ABN, that is just a small part of it. Of course Barbara's comments posted in another area probably do not get the traffic that it got in the 3abn forum.

We are all grownups here, Barbara received a much greater blessing through her association with Linda Shelton and 3ABN, of infinitely greater value than the masters of the tapes that 3ABN produced and own featuring her cooking. Barbara was given the opportunity of being part of a cancer treatment program, in the early experimental phase, that saved her from disfiguring surgery and additionally her very life. I am sure there are many details concerning her time in Norway that she would choose not to share, but I believe many of the members of BSDA opened their hearts, encouraged and lifted Barbara in prayer during a difficult time in her life. Considering all of that, it is difficult to see how she could feel unwelcome here... Unless she has another agenda.

I am sure some of my comments may seem a bit harsh, but that was not my intention. Sometimes people just need a reality check... I am sure Barbara would understand my comments.

This post has been edited by sister: Oct 21 2007, 07:28 PM

+Quote Post
Fran
post Oct 21 2007, 08:00 PM
Post #10

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

No comment. mad.gif thumbdown.gif

QUOTE(sister @ Oct 21 2007, 08:15 PM) *
I will preface this comment with the following: I have nothing against Barbara Kerr, but she does seem like a bit of an opportunist in desiring a thread about her personal health condition riding on the coat tails of the 3ABN saga, which is a widely read area of BSDA.

Now most of you reading this are familiar with the many posts I have made regarding 3ABN, but if I started a thread in the section about 3ABN, which had nothing to do with 3ABN but concerned another topic and the administrators moved it to a more appropriate section, that should not cause me to be offended. If in the midst of what I was posting, I promoted a personal project, and you all know "sister", you just might want to send me some funds. If that were the case and I was moved to a less trafficed area I would probably be offended.

If what Jodi said is true about Barbara, "She loves you all dearly and misses chatting and sharing with you.", there has been nothing that has stoped her from continuing in her thread once it was moved to another area. The reason for moving it was lack of relevance to the 3ABN saga, nothing personal toward Barbara---which I believe was made quite clear. So why did she stop? BSDA is not just the threads about 3ABN, that is just a small part of it. Of course Barbara's comments posted in another area probably do not get the traffic that it got in the 3abn forum.

We are all grownups here, Barbara received a much greater blessing through her association with Linda Shelton and 3ABN, of infinitely greater value than the masters of the tapes that 3ABN produced and own featuring her cooking. Barbara was given the opportunity of being part of a cancer treatment program, in the early experimental phase, that saved her from disfiguring surgery and additionally her very life. I am sure there are many details concerning her time in Norway that she would choose not to share, but I believe many of the members of BSDA opened their hearts, encouraged and lifted Barbara in prayer during a difficult time in her life. Considering all of that, it is difficult to see how she could feel unwelcome here... Unless she has another agenda.

I am sure some of my comments may seem a bit harsh, but that was not my intention. Sometimes people just need a reality check... I am sure Barbara would understand my comments.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
calvin
post Oct 21 2007, 08:23 PM
Post #11

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

spoton.gif Sister , that is my take on Barbara Kerr also. If she feels slighted because her thread was moved, then she has problems.

QUOTE(sister @ Oct 21 2007, 08:15 PM) *

+Quote Post
Johann
post Oct 21 2007, 09:57 PM
Post #12

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

In case you missed it, it is here:

QUOTE(calvin @ Oct 17 2007, 04:18 AM) *
You can find the Barbara Kerr thread in the Praise and Testimony section.
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...=12409&st=0

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 22 2007, 06:31 AM
Post #13

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

Thank you Sister, for saying so gently what others of us have wondered how to say. And I also appreciate that you have confined yourself to only the visible tip of the iceberg, leaving the bulk of the berg to remain hidden from public view.... as I believe that it should be, especially here in this forum with which it has little if anything to do. I'm sure all of us were surprised at Barbara taking offense at having her personal posts moved to another forum. But the astute reader who reads through Barbara's posts, will be able, I am sure, to realize that she perhaps told us more about herself than what she intended....

QUOTE(sister @ Oct 21 2007, 09:15 PM) *

+Quote Post
Fran
post Oct 22 2007, 08:54 AM
Post #14

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 22 2007, 07:31 AM) *
Thank you Sister, for saying so gently what others of us have wondered how to say. And I also appreciate that you have confined yourself to only the visible tip of the iceberg, leaving the bulk of the berg to remain hidden from public view.... as I believe that it should be, especially here in this forum with which it has little if anything to do. I'm sure all of us were surprised at Barbara taking offense at having her personal posts moved to another forum. But the astute reader who reads through Barbara's posts, will be able, I am sure, to realize that she perhaps told us more about herself than what she intended....

thumbdown.gif I've been informed about the "rest of the iceberg". I still say this is so not necessary. It is totally uncalled for. I now question the motives of the people saying these things! Sorry, just my opinion.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 22 2007, 09:39 AM
Post #15

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Then Fran, you probably should try and get permission to share the "rest of the iceberg". Because the facts, as they stand, show that Barbara is no longer interested in posting to her own thread, BTW, after it was moved from the 3ABN Forum. Or, Barbara is still a member, maybe she can just post an update herself. As we see people are still eager to hear about her progress and have been faithfully praying for her. To me it does look at the very least a tad ungrateful. dunno.gif

QUOTE(Fran @ Oct 22 2007, 07:54 AM) *
thumbdown.gif I've been informed about the "rest of the iceberg". I still say this is so not necessary. It is totally uncalled for. I now question the motives of the people saying these things! Sorry, just my opinion.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:08 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church