Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1873&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:58:03 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dr. Kuzma's Response..., her response to my letter
Clay
post Aug 26 2004, 08:46 AM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Exactly Darius... that is it... I couldn't put my finger on it, but you have captured in words what I was feeling..... who are the people I should check with? How do I reach them? She still did not address her judgement in sharing information given she has years of experience as a counselor, and that her sharing has not helped the situation......

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mema
post Aug 26 2004, 08:59 AM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 505

And you won't. I don't think that she was expecting for someone to address this to her. I believe that she thought it would be directed to 3ABN. I think you caught her off guard and Kay didn't know how to handle it.

--------------------
"When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say,"Jesus, could you get that for me?"
Always allow yourself to learn something new each day, wisdom will grow that way.

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 8 2006, 01:02 AM
Post #18

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

remember this???

--------------------

+Quote Post
4reneyonly
post May 8 2006, 01:55 AM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,162

Interesting. I did some questioning about this myself. I contacted Sacramento Central church via e-mail to check Pastor Batchelor's views on the 3ABN matter.

Date: Sat, May 06, 2006 12:12 am
To: <office@saccentral.org>

Message for: Pastoral Staff

Contact Me by: Email

Subject: Connection with 3ABN

Is Pastor Doug still affiliated with 3ABN programing? I am concerned that such might not be a good thing due to all the current confusion going on there. What is Pastor's feelings about this? Does he have a published statement? I am sure I am not the first to ask this question

Hello ******,

Actually you are the first. I am not sure what confusion you are talking about. I am unaware of any confusion going on at 3ABN. If you are referring to Danny Shelton getting remarried, you can check out the 3ABN website for any details surrounding that topic.

Pastor Doug has never had any direct connection to 3ABN other than a genuine and wonderful friendship with Danny Shelton; and 3ABN carries Amazing Facts programs all the time. I am sure that whatever is going on, Satan is behind it. The devil is always trying to mess up things that the Lord has ordained as His. 3ABN is a God centered station and carried the 3 Angels Message around the world to those in need. This always make the devil angry.

I hope this answers your questions and we pray that the Lord will truly bless you. May you feel the presence of Jesus as you study and pray.

In His service,
Melissa Martin
Sacramento Central SDA Church
Secretary / Clerk

I guess she assumed that all the confusion was just about his marriage. hmmm...
When one is on 3ABN day in/out and actually hosts several sessions of this commandment gig, how disconnected are you?

By the way, online you can no longer get the program info or any of the other on-line stuff you used to get, including history, old radio, tv and on-line shows to play at one's leisure. If they aren't broke, then they definitely have some cutbacks.

And the devil thing...In the end will all these folks say the devil made them do it? Even Flip knew that was a lie when he said it! uhm.gif

This post has been edited by 4reneyonly: May 8 2006, 02:33 AM

--------------------
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:26-28 KJV

+Quote Post
watchbird
post May 8 2006, 06:40 AM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(4reneyonly @ May 8 2006, 01:55 AM) [snapback]129701[/snapback]

Interesting. I did some questioning about this myself. I contacted Sacramento Central church via e-mail to check Pastor Batchelor's views on the 3ABN matter.

Date: Sat, May 06, 2006 12:12 am
To: <office@saccentral.org>

Message for: Pastoral Staff

Contact Me by: Email

Subject: Connection with 3ABN

Is Pastor Doug still affiliated with 3ABN programing? I am concerned that such might not be a good thing due to all the current confusion going on there. What is Pastor's feelings about this? Does he have a published statement? I am sure I am not the first to ask this question
Hello ******,

Actually you are the first. I am not sure what confusion you are talking about. I am unaware of any confusion going on at 3ABN. If you are referring to Danny Shelton getting remarried, you can check out the 3ABN website for any details surrounding that topic.

Pastor Doug has never had any direct connection to 3ABN other than a genuine and wonderful friendship with Danny Shelton; and 3ABN carries Amazing Facts programs all the time. I am sure that whatever is going on, Satan is behind it. The devil is always trying to mess up things that the Lord has ordained as His. 3ABN is a God centered station and carried the 3 Angels Message around the world to those in need. This always make the devil angry.

I hope this answers your questions and we pray that the Lord will truly bless you. May you feel the presence of Jesus as you study and pray.

In His service,
Melissa Martin
Sacramento Central SDA Church
Secretary / Clerk

Looks like a form letter to me. I simply can't believe that you are really the "first". Interesting that she would connect your question to Danny's remarriage rather than to the satellite problems or any other problems past or present.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post May 8 2006, 06:54 AM
Post #21

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(watchbird @ May 8 2006, 07:40 AM) [snapback]129725[/snapback]

Looks like a form letter to me. I simply can't believe that you are really the "first". Interesting that she would connect your question to Danny's remarriage rather than to the satellite problems or any other problems past or present.

If you call Melissa back and make it known that Linda Shelton is available to speak at churches, I suspect there could be some awareness, especially with the Sky Angel problem at the moment.

Mention that Linda is available to speak in churches. Perhaps, the members of Sacramento Central Seventh-day Adventist Church would enjoy Linda's presentation and receive a blessing from it.

A moderator on a different forum said that Linda Shelton spoke at another location this past weekend. This time in Kansas.

People who want to avail themselves of this ministry can contact

Linda Shelton at her Website,

http://www.lindashelton.org

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: May 8 2006, 07:47 AM

+Quote Post
4reneyonly
post May 8 2006, 03:26 PM
Post #22

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,162

Once my finals are over (this week), I will do so. I don't live too far from the church, so I may drop in one Sabbath, or for a bible study/prayer meeting. I would not go to be disruptive or confrontive, I would just like to have a sense of the man away from the television lights. I enjoy his teachings, but I know that what one presents on television is not always the same as the everyday person. I'd like to get a sense of who he is with his church members. This might tell me more about him then any e-mail from the secretary/clerk. (I am a licensed professional that deals with people and their behaviors . I spent a number of years writings psychiatric holds, so I am trained to make assessments about people pretty quickly and efficiently. And usually over a long period of time I've found that the initial assessment rarely varied from their history, or their future behavior.) I'd just like to see for myself.

I've found that sometimes people don't really want to know what's going on with their associates when doing so may severely affect their level of comfort-money, status, glow of association, etc. It takes courage to say that even if all those 'perks' may suffer, I'm, going to disassociate myself from questionable behavior and a ministry that appears to have questionable practices. I'd have more respect for those who even do so until such time as things improve.

--------------------
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:26-28 KJV

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 8 2006, 09:28 PM
Post #23

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(4reneyonly @ May 8 2006, 04:26 PM) [snapback]129842[/snapback]

Once my finals are over (this week), I will do so. I don't live too far from the church, so I may drop in one Sabbath, or for a bible study/prayer meeting. I would not go to be disruptive or confrontive, I would just like to have a sense of the man away from the television lights. I enjoy his teachings, but I know that what one presents on television is not always the same as the everyday person. I'd like to get a sense of who he is with his church members. This might tell me more about him then any e-mail from the secretary/clerk. (I am a licensed professional that deals with people and their behaviors . I spent a number of years writings psychiatric holds, so I am trained to make assessments about people pretty quickly and efficiently. And usually over a long period of time I've found that the initial assessment rarely varied from their history, or their future behavior.) I'd just like to see for myself.

I've found that sometimes people don't really want to know what's going on with their associates when doing so may severely affect their level of comfort-money, status, glow of association, etc. It takes courage to say that even if all those 'perks' may suffer, I'm, going to disassociate myself from questionable behavior and a ministry that appears to have questionable practices. I'd have more respect for those who even do so until such time as things improve.

Wish you'd come to Thompsonville sometime. Some professional, onsite assesment would be helpful.

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 18 2006, 10:43 AM
Post #24

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

closed....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 5 2006, 05:21 PM
Post #25

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

ttt.... Kuzma in her response to me said her role was not that of counselor..... what do you make of that?

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 5 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #26

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

She can't be both - act as a counselor and "not" act as a counselor.

JMO

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 5 2006, 09:25 PM
Post #27

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 5 2006, 05:57 PM) [snapback]137725[/snapback]

She can't be both - act as a counselor and "not" act as a counselor.

JMO

a double minded man is unstable in all his ways..... thats in the bible...... lol.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 6 2006, 07:02 AM
Post #28

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 5 2006, 07:21 PM) [snapback]137721[/snapback]

ttt.... Kuzma in her response to me said her role was not that of counselor..... what do you make of that?

Apples and oranges...you are asking about her role in the Shelton v. Shelton saga specifically, based on Danny's statement that she and Mark Finley were involved as 'counselors', IIRC...it was his dropping her name in an attempt to show the lengths he allegedly went to to save his marriage that brought her up in the first place and most felt neither of them coulb be impartial because both were beholden to Danny by their receiving remuneration from 3ABN; she replied regarding why she receives the aforementioned checks...even though the role she plays on shows and in the columns and books she writes does make her one who offers counsel on family and marital matters and it is that role which made her name worth dropping so Danny's lie would have more credibility.

In His Service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 6 2006, 08:05 AM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jul 6 2006, 07:02 AM) [snapback]137823[/snapback]

Apples and oranges...you are asking about her role in the Shelton v. Shelton saga specifically, based on Danny's statement that she and Mark Finley were involved as 'counselors', IIRC...it was his dropping her name in an attempt to show the lengths he allegedly went to to save his marriage that brought her up in the first place and most felt neither of them coulb be impartial because both were beholden to Danny by their receiving remuneration from 3ABN; she replied regarding why she receives the aforementioned checks...even though the role she plays on shows and in the columns and books she writes does make her one who offers counsel on family and marital matters and it is that role which made her name worth dropping so Danny's lie would have more credibility.

In His Service,
Mr. J

Very much agreed. Last night when I should have been sleeping, I read through the old letters from Danny and Kay that Clay was relating to. And it seemed to me that he, like I think most of us did, put our own concept of what a "counselor" would be and do on what Danny said--and what was said by the Chairman of the Board. In our world a "counselor" first listens, then probes to learn what lies behind the "presenting problems", and only then makes a professional assessment of what is best (and/or possible) in that particular situation and begins gently working the client around to facing and figuring out how to deal with the problem.

But we've had two years now to watch and listen as the stories have developed and even the wording of the Chairman of the Board's letters have become more specific, so it is obvious that this was NOT the interpretation of "counseling" that Danny or the Board Committee put on the word. They have been quite explicit in recent statements that their use of that word was in the sense of giving directives rather than in "counseling" as we understand the term.

Notice the context of the use of the word "counseling" as well as the descriptions of the actions of the Committee in the most recent letter from Thompson that is being sent out to inquirers.
During this time I and a small committee of the board had a number of sessions with Linda, encouraging her to break off the relationship that was ruining her home and putting a serious strain on the ministry. Pastor John L. was one of the first to counsel Linda. From the start, before meeting with Danny and Linda together he warned Linda that what she was doing was wrong, and must stop. He then spent hours counseling the two of them together.

And also notice the way this same letter describes the reason for including Kay.
Our committee of the board invited a lady friend of Linda's to sit with us, thinking that, being a woman, she would be able to make Linda comfortable. As soon as she heard Linda's story, she confided to Linda that she was wrong, and needed to correct the problem.

So I think what we should maybe take from Kay Kuzma's statement that "her role was not that of counselor". is that she was at least professional enough to recognize that the role she had played was that of "messenger" working at the direction of the board, and truly was not in a role which is normally designated as "counselor".

So I think we should give her some plus marks for honesty. Of course, we could also observe that her columns of "advice" also do not sound like they were based on sound counseling principles. So whether she actually ever does take a real "counselor" role, or whether she is only seminar and column stuff---that is still an open question, at least to me.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jul 6 2006, 12:18 PM
Post #30

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 6 2006, 09:05 AM) [snapback]137826[/snapback]

Very much agreed. Last night when I should have been sleeping, I read through the old letters from Danny and Kay that Clay was relating to. And it seemed to me that he, like I think most of us did, put our own concept of what a "counselor" would be and do on what Danny said--and what was said by the Chairman of the Board. In our world a "counselor" first listens, then probes to learn what lies behind the "presenting problems", and only then makes a professional assessment of what is best (and/or possible) in that particular situation and begins gently working the client around to facing and figuring out how to deal with the problem.

But we've had two years now to watch and listen as the stories have developed and even the wording of the Chairman of the Board's letters have become more specific, so it is obvious that this was NOT the interpretation of "counseling" that Danny or the Board Committee put on the word. They have been quite explicit in recent statements that their use of that word was in the sense of giving directives rather than in "counseling" as we understand the term.

Notice the context of the use of the word "counseling" as well as the descriptions of the actions of the Committee in the most recent letter from Thompson that is being sent out to inquirers.

And also notice the way this same letter describes the reason for including Kay.

So I think what we should maybe take from Kay Kuzma's statement that "her role was not that of counselor". is that she was at least professional enough to recognize that the role she had played was that of "messenger" working at the direction of the board, and truly was not in a role which is normally designated as "counselor".

So I think we should give her some plus marks for honesty. Of course, we could also observe that her columns of "advice" also do not sound like they were based on sound counseling principles. So whether she actually ever does take a real "counselor" role, or whether she is only seminar and column stuff---that is still an open question, at least to me.

My memory may be a bit foggy here, since it was so long ago, but I seem to recall that when Loma Linda University Medical Center was having their "baboon-baby-heart" media crisis, some of the phone calls to the Medical Center were channeled to Kay Kuzma's extension. I seem to recall a Loma Linda press release with Kay Kuzma's phone number on it. You can correct me if I'm wrong. As I said, Baby Faye and the baboon heart crisis was quite some time ago.

In a more recent case elsewhere, I suspect it was a defective condom, not a defective heart, that precipitated a crisis.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:58 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church