Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18789&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:55:55 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Save3abn.com
Clay
post Jan 1 2008, 09:33 AM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jan 1 2008, 09:24 AM) *
Clay,

Do you, therefore, think the Internet Service Provider for save3abn.com was forced to shut it down as a result of litigation pressure?

Gregory says it was voluntary.... who knows what motivates people to do things voluntarily...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jan 1 2008, 09:35 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,851

I read that and since asked another question, this time to Observer. smile.gif

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jan 1 2008, 09:36 AM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jan 1 2008, 08:24 AM) *
Clay,

Do you, therefore, think the Internet Service Provider for save3abn.com was forced to shut it down as a result of litigation pressure?

No. The Internet Service Provider was not forced to shut it down.

It was a voluntary shutdown.

Again: It is unlikely that further comment will be made in the immediate future.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Jan 1 2008, 10:05 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(Observer @ Jan 1 2008, 09:22 AM) *
As a New Year's gesture of good will, Gailon Joy has voluntarly shut down both save3abn.org and save3abn.com
It was not hacked.

This shutdown has not come as a result of any pressure from 3-ABN, their attornies, or any order of the court.

It is simply a voluntary shutdown on his part to begin the New Year.

No further definative comment on this matter is likely to be made in the immediate future.

I'd almost guarantee you, though, that Danny and the Dannyettes will lay claim to this as a "victory" for themselves. Don't be surprised if and when the gloatfest begins.

....and by the way, Happy New Year to all, regardless of which side of the 3ABN issue you are on!

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Jan 1 2008, 11:33 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Observer @ Jan 1 2008, 11:22 AM) *
As a New Year's gesture of good will, Gailon Joy has voluntarly shut down both save3abn.org and save3abn.com
It was not hacked.

This shutdown has not come as a result of any pressure from 3-ABN, their attornies, or any order of the court.

It is simply a voluntary shutdown on his part to begin the New Year.

No further definative comment on this matter is likely to be made in the immediate future.

Or simply the fact that he knew he had lost control of the site (or was going to very soon) and is trying to circumvent the legal process in an attempt to create some form of "positive" PR for himself. There hasn't been a post there in over a month, why? Because they did not have control of the site.

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jan 1 2008, 12:30 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Not that there aren't new possibly illegal activities happening even now that could have been reported.

+Quote Post
Brenda
post Jan 1 2008, 12:46 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,814

I will change my original intention in this post to echo j4J

Happy new year to all

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jan 1 2008, 02:12 PM
Post #23

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

Changes happen all the time on the net when people get new plans and better ideas. Servers, URLs, home addresses, email addresses, etc. Some web pages even get shut down for a time. And sometimes even user names get changed in places like this. :wink: Doesn't mean anything is lost or won't appear, or reappear, again under another name.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 1 2008, 03:36 PM
Post #24

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Jan 1 2008, 12:33 PM) *
Or simply the fact that he knew he had lost control of the site (or was going to very soon) and is trying to circumvent the legal process in an attempt to create some form of "positive" PR for himself. There hasn't been a post there in over a month, why? Because they did not have control of the site.

- FHB

If he no longer had control of the site, he would not have been able to shut it down... and again, as I noted before nothing would stop the content of the site from reappearing at some point in the future on another website.

I know you like to believe that your camp has "won" this round... but to quote Sportin' Life, it aint necessarily so...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Jan 2 2008, 12:19 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Jan 1 2008, 11:33 AM) *

- FHB

Did I call it?!

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 2 2008, 08:02 AM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Jan 1 2008, 08:12 PM) *
Changes happen all the time on the net when people get new plans and better ideas. Servers, URLs, home addresses, email addresses, etc. Some web pages even get shut down for a time. And sometimes even user names get changed in places like this. :wink: Doesn't mean anything is lost or won't appear, or reappear, again under another name.

Some of us are sufficiently ancient to remember how the Nazis overwhelmed the world with their "Blitzkrieg" attacks developed by a former German military strategist Adolf Hitler made the divided four lane highways called "Autobahn" already in the 1930-ies, many years before such higways were made elsewhere in the world. Hitler made these in preparation for the war almost 20 years in the future. The idea was to move troops quickly from one front to the other on the opposite side. Withdrawal meant an attack elsewhere. . .

United States changed the fate of the world by joinning the Allied Forces, overwhelming the Nazis. They would also strike at one place, withdraw, and then strike somewhere else where it was unexpected.

The Allied often succeeded in diverting the attention of the Nazis, and vice versa. Mr. Fallible makes certain attempts at doing the same. How successful is he at it?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jan 2 2008, 05:03 PM
Post #27

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Jan 2 2008, 01:19 AM) *
Did I call it?!

Yep. Amazing clairvoyance J4J. But, can you honestly tell me that gloating has been limited to the 3abn side only?

nw

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Jan 2 2008, 05:47 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 2 2008, 05:24 PM
Post #28

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Yeah Dude, you are scary! LOL!!! rofl1.gif
They are nothing if not predictaable! Just sad! no.gif

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Jan 1 2008, 10:19 PM) *
Did I call it?!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Jan 2 2008, 11:29 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Jan 2 2008, 05:03 PM) *
Yep. Amazing clairvoyance J4J. But, can you honestly tell me that gloating has been limited to the 3abn side only?

nw

No, I cannot tell you that, and I'm not going to try. Sad but true that it does happen.

Hopefully, I am not the one who gave you that impression. My "did I call it" post was not intended to say, "Man, I'm good", but rather it was more of an "I knew they'd do that" approach. In any case, I'm not finding any delight in this.

BTW, major kudos to you for being so open-minded in regard to both sides of the 3ABN issue.

This post has been edited by justice4jesus: Jan 2 2008, 11:31 PM

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Jan 3 2008, 04:02 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(Brenda @ Jan 2 2008, 05:46 AM) *
I will change my original intention in this post to echo j4J
Happy new year to all

ohmy.gif sleazy.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church