Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18959&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 11:49:15 AM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Factually Challenged?, Has Walt Thompson got the inside track or outside dilusion?
sonshineonme
post Jan 6 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #1

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

So, we have seen in the save3abn thread ( go here - http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18789, particularly post #69) how DLS and Walt Thompson deal with things - SPIN them their way, or better yet, attempt to capitalize on something that has nothing to do with the truth of the matter, but to gain favor, empathy and dollars buy using situations (as usual) to draw attention to themselves, all the while, saying "God" did this or that. Here is an email that Walt Thompson wrote just last Thursday morning, the morning of "Live" where DLS did his own spin of delusion to the masses (left) watching this mess play out.

Keep in mind, WT is completly wrong - does he know he is wrong? Or just how does he get the information he has no problem sending out in emails? Well "Appletree"????

Here, someone has written him asking about the website - here is one reply he sent out that day to a writer (there are others):

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Jan 3, 2008 9:44 AM
Subject: Re: Good News
To: **********************

Dear *************,

The shutting down of the web site is a certain victory for 3abn. The judge
saw through the tactics of those who were sponsoring and writing on it, and
ruled in our favor. The suit is not yet over, but the prospects look good
for the cause of our Lord and 3abn.

And yes, we are pleased with this victory. Thank you for your prayers and
support.

Sincerely in Jesus' name,

Walter Thompson

edited for content...

This post has been edited by Clay: Jan 7 2008, 10:48 AM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jan 6 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #2

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

Joy must have indulged in not just a little humor in setting up that trap and letting his accusors jump right in with their sand-sifting divine exercises again--claiming victory etc--only this time seemingly stuck for words, not how to to get out of quick sink, but finding there is nothing left to spin once caught in that bottomless pit.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Jan 6 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jan 6 2008, 10:06 PM) *
So, we have seen in the save3abn thread ( go here - http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18789, particularly post #69) how DLS and Walt Thompson deal with things - SPIN them their way, or better yet, attempt to capitalize on something that has nothing to do with the truth of the matter, but to gain favor, empathy and dollars buy using situations (as usual) to draw attention to themselves, all the while, saying "God" did this or that. Here is an email that Walt Thompson wrote just last Thursday morning, the morning of "Live" where DLS did his own spin of delusion to the masses (left) watching this mess play out.

Keep in mind, WT is completly wrong - does he know he is wrong? Or just how does he get the information he has no problem sending out in emails? Well "Appletree"????

Here, someone has written him asking about the website - here is one reply he sent out that day to a writer (there are others):

Dear *************,

support.

Walter Thompson

Seems to me that someone said in post 19 of the "Save3ABN.com" thread that they would claim this as a victory. Anyone remember who it was that said this?
giggle.gif

This post has been edited by Clay: Jan 7 2008, 10:49 AM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 6 2008, 11:17 PM
Post #4

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

Several, and two of them members of the 3ABN board, stated almost at the beginning that it made no difference if it was Linda or Danny who was telling the truth. The only thing that counted for them was how 3ABN would survive and prosper. Therefore they cncluded Danny was a better choice because he could get the money.

And this is supposedly a Christian Ministry, and not a wrldly business!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Jan 7 2008, 12:42 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 7 2008, 01:17 AM) *
Several, and two of them members of the 3ABN board, stated almost at the beginning that it made no difference if it was Linda or Danny who was telling the truth. The only thing that counted for them was how 3ABN would survive and prosper. Therefore they cncluded Danny was a better choice because he could get the money.

And this is supposedly a Christian Ministry, and not a wrldly business!

Mr. Johann,

You do an awful lot of title dropping but offer no names . . . it would seem that by the standards prevalent here that would make you rather unreliable as a source of verifiable, substantiated information . . .always a title but never a name, and always at exactly the time you need it - wish I ran into people or heard from them so conveniently . . .

- FHB

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Jan 7 2008, 12:43 AM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
sister
post Jan 7 2008, 01:57 AM
Post #6

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Jan 7 2008, 01:42 AM) *
Mr. Johann,

You do an awful lot of title dropping but offer no names . . . it would seem that by the standards prevalent here that would make you rather unreliable as a source of verifiable, substantiated information . . .always a title but never a name, and always at exactly the time you need it - wish I ran into people or heard from them so conveniently . . .

- FHB

Fallible humanbeing, you claim to have the inside tract on information from 3ABN and never offer any names in regard to the source of your information. By the standards that you have cited as authoritative, in regard to Johann, you have branded yourself as "unreliable as a source of verifiable, substantiated information". Or do you uphold the reliability of yourself and your confederiates with a different standard than you apply to Johann or other members of BSDA?

edited for content.....

This post has been edited by Clay: Jan 7 2008, 09:25 AM

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Jan 7 2008, 02:03 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 7 2008, 03:57 AM) *
Fallible humanbeing, you claim to have the inside tract on information from 3ABN . . .

sister,

I do? I did? I present my POV, my opinion, and information that I have gathered from a variety of sources.

- FHB

edited for content...

Edited to remove content that no longer is relevant.

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Jan 7 2008, 10:09 AM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 7 2008, 05:26 AM
Post #8

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Jan 7 2008, 01:42 AM) *
Mr. Johann,

- FHB

Pot. Kettle. Black.

You are the king of the unattributed 'fact' and you have the audacity to try to hold Johann to a standard you yourself refuse to meet?

Lead by example; start naming names as to who your sources are. Anything short of that makes you a hypocrite for even attempting to make it an issue with Johann when you do it more than he does.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 7 2008, 05:41 AM
Post #9

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Jan 7 2008, 03:03 AM) *
sister,

I do? I did? I present my POV, my opinion, and information that I have gathered from a variety of sources.

You present more than your opinions; you present things you purport as fact... and you have been even less forthcoming about your sources than Johann has been. Since, by and large you have been an eyewitness to nothing, your credibility is tied to the credibility of your sources... and since you are not forthcoming on the identities of said sources, their credibility cannot be ascertained.

If you want to criticize any for not naming names, start with the man in the mirror.

Walking a fine line there aren't you?

- FHB

Not from where I sit; it was you who opened this particular tangent... now that it is going in a direction you don't like all of a sudden you're looking for cover from forum admins. As was noted to you earlier... your having been allowed to cultivate the illusion of anonymity doesn't mean no one knows who you are... and once you call yourself taking another to task for not naming names, you put yourself squarely in the spotlight for the same reason...because "with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again"

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 7 2008, 08:38 AM
Post #10

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jan 7 2008, 06:41 AM) *
. . . . it was you who opened this particular tangent... now that it is going in a direction you don't like all of a sudden you're looking for cover from forum admins. As was noted to you earlier... your having been allowed to cultivate the illusion of anonymity doesn't mean no one knows who you are... and once you call yourself taking another to task for not naming names, you put yourself squarely in the spotlight for the same reason...because "with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again"

In His service,
Mr. J

lol.gif What an elegant way of expressing it... or perhaps I should say "awesome".... At any rate, I have to laugh every time fallible posts to this issue.... for it is no secret who he is... and hasn't been for a long time... and he knows this is so.... yet he still pretends that he doesn't know that probably 90% of the "oldtimers" here know exactly who he is.... and still allow him to maintain his public anonymity. And I have no objection to him doing so... nor am I urging him to give out either his name or the names of his sources..... but he would have a lot more credibility than what he has now if he would simply refrain from challenging others when they withhold information on either their own public identity or the identities of their sources.

mad.gif Especially annoying though, are his accusations against Johann.... which even go so far as to claim disbelief that Johann is exactly who he says he is.... and that he has lived his life in such a way that for thousands all around the globe, his name alone is enough to give him credibility in whatever he says.

Only by one relatively tiny group of individuals has he been castigated, called a liar, incompetent, blind, ignorant, senile and even afflicted with Altzheimer's disease. Against all of this abuse he has stood firm and taken the blows without flinching.... OTOH, through all of this, his church family.... which includes not only his local churches but the conference leaders in his whole Division and right up to General Conference level..... have affirmed his honesty and competence and expressed their appreciation... not only for his services in the line of duty during his many years of active denominational employment in at least three different world Divisions, but also specifically for his services rendered since retirement which has resulted in the exposure of things done at 3abn, not only in the last three years, but for many years preceding.

While on all levels, men and women have fallen under, escaped, or hidden from the blows they have received from 3abn personnel... Johann has stood tall and firm as an oak... giving comfort, stability, and encouragement to those in need of help........ or as a granite headland... impervious to the dashing waves at its base making their mighty efforts to undercut and weaken him.

I could say much more.... but I will close with this one other observation.... that those closest to him... his own family.... "rise up and call him blessed". That, IMO, is... next to the approbation of God himself, one of the highest accolades that a man can have.

Be it noted.... fallible human beings do not stand a chance of being judged as credible when they attack such a man.... and the more they try, the more they harm themselves.

And now... back to our regular programming....

....TVsnack.gif.........

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 7 2008, 09:30 AM
Post #11

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

ADMIN HAT ON:

Just because some of you know who FHB is does not mean you need to constantly remind him and us that you know.... This tactic is not acceptable, please discontinue its use. There will NOT be another warning about this issue.

ADMIN HAT OFF:

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 7 2008, 09:51 AM
Post #12

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Jan 7 2008, 06:42 AM) *
Mr. Johann,

- FHB

In some of the posts from the Danny fans they try to discrredit me from having been anywhere. Then here I have been too many places. Have you ever been to a place where they taught you some reasoning abilities? - You are, of course, under no obligation to answer this question.

I am giving you an honest report of what I have experienced. But one of those who said that to me right at the beginning, has later told me he does not remember having said that - when I pressed him. Actually his first remark, when I reminded him of his former statement, was,

- You cannot prove that I have said that (because there were no witnesses present and not in writing.)

It just shows me how these so-called Christian men operate. One day they tell you what they are doing, and when they have discovered I should not have known, then they deny, claim they have forgotten, or that it cannot be proven. How do you fellowship with such people? How can you depend on them being truthful?

I have discovered, through my experiences, that the 3ABN is being ruled by the greatest liar I have met in my whole 50-year ministry in the Seventh-day Adventist Church, and it looks like he makes some of his friends help him cover his tracks when needed.

I will give you a hint, since you want me to identify people. The last time I saw Dr. Walt Thompson we had prayer together. In my prayer I asked the Lord to help him be truthful in his dealings, and stop using deceptions in covering up. . .

I have also asked John Lomacang to look at himself in a mirror prayerfully to find out if he there faces an honest man who tells the truth. John responded that he would not communicate with me any more. I thought of the apostle Paul before king Agrippa who did not want to talk any more because his conscience bothered him.

The lies revealed by Danny Shelton regarding one of the "counselors" seems cleared up by now. That was another title I dropped, and that turned out to be just another proof that Danny has not been telling the truth.

I have made mistakes in some utterances, but so help me God, if I don't rectify a mistake when I discover it.

Yesterday somebody disturbed me while I was counting together the months since the great problems started at 3ABN, so I wrote the wrong number. If you see other mistakes I have made, I will correct them, but I will stick to what I know is the truth.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 7 2008, 04:45 PM
Post #13

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 7 2008, 10:51 AM) *
In some of the posts from the Danny fans they try to discrredit me from having been anywhere. Then here I have been too many places. Have you ever been to a place where they taught you some reasoning abilities? - You are, of course, under no obligation to answer this question.

I have made mistakes in some utterances, but so help me God, if I don't rectify a mistake when I discover it.

Yesterday somebody disturbed me while I was counting together the months since the great problems started at 3ABN, so I wrote the wrong number. If you see other mistakes I have made, I will correct them, but I will stick to what I know is the truth.

I commend you bro. Johann for having the strength, through Christ Jesus, to speak the truth and the courage to identify your bad choices or mistakes and correct them. May the Lord bless you and those like you.

Peace

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Jan 7 2008, 05:18 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jan 6 2008, 11:06 PM) *

Dear *************,

support.

Walter Thompson

edited for content...

The problem here is that two different things are being discussed. Danny Shelton and Dr Walter Thompson were referring to the court and what's happenning, and will be happening, and you are talking about the jack in the box games Gailon Joy is playing.

I am quite sure I read where Appletree already tried to tell you this several times.

This post has been edited by Ian: Jan 7 2008, 05:20 PM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 8 2008, 03:09 AM
Post #15

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jan 7 2008, 02:38 PM) *
lol.gif What an elegant way of expressing it... or perhaps I should say "awesome".... At any rate, I have to laugh every time fallible posts to this issue.... for it is no secret who he is... and hasn't been for a long time... and he knows this is so.... yet he still pretends that he doesn't know that probably 90% of the "oldtimers" here know exactly who he is.... and still allow him to maintain his public anonymity. And I have no objection to him doing so... nor am I urging him to give out either his name or the names of his sources..... but he would have a lot more credibility than what he has now if he would simply refrain from challenging others when they withhold information on either their own public identity or the identities of their sources.

mad.gif Especially annoying though, are his accusations against Johann.... which even go so far as to claim disbelief that Johann is exactly who he says he is.... and that he has lived his life in such a way that for thousands all around the globe, his name alone is enough to give him credibility in whatever he says.

Only by one relatively tiny group of individuals has he been castigated, called a liar, incompetent, blind, ignorant, senile and even afflicted with Altzheimer's disease. Against all of this abuse he has stood firm and taken the blows without flinching.... OTOH, through all of this, his church family.... which includes not only his local churches but the conference leaders in his whole Division and right up to General Conference level..... have affirmed his honesty and competence and expressed their appreciation... not only for his services in the line of duty during his many years of active denominational employment in at least three different world Divisions, but also specifically for his services rendered since retirement which has resulted in the exposure of things done at 3abn, not only in the last three years, but for many years preceding.

While on all levels, men and women have fallen under, escaped, or hidden from the blows they have received from 3abn personnel... Johann has stood tall and firm as an oak... giving comfort, stability, and encouragement to those in need of help........ or as a granite headland... impervious to the dashing waves at its base making their mighty efforts to undercut and weaken him.

I could say much more.... but I will close with this one other observation.... that those closest to him... his own family.... "rise up and call him blessed". That, IMO, is... next to the approbation of God himself, one of the highest accolades that a man can have.

Be it noted.... fallible human beings do not stand a chance of being judged as credible when they attack such a man.... and the more they try, the more they harm themselves.

And now... back to our regular programming....

.... TVsnack.gif .........

You rather embarrass me, Watchbird. You are drawing too nice a picture of me. But thank you! In this context I have to refrain from praising you for your usual throroughness and objectivity. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 10:49 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church