Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18959&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:32:23 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Factually Challenged?, Has Walt Thompson got the inside track or outside dilusion?
calvin
post Jan 8 2008, 01:24 PM
Post #31

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Jan 8 2008, 10:22 AM) *
Since I see you as part of the problem with honesty on this thread with your warnings, I'll simply get back to increasing the multi-millionaire status of my wife. I'll put you on ignore from henceforth to let you freely issue your warnings so that the avoidance of evil can be continued freely!

30 years ago in 1978, Henry Ford II then chairperson of Ford Motor Company fired his president Lee Iacocca (who later when on to be chairperson of Chrysler). When Mr. Ford was asked why he fired Mr. Iacocca. His reply was “I just didn’t like the guy”.

CPAATTY I have banned you, don’t bother coming back. Mr. Ford summed up my sentiments best.

This post has been edited by calvin: Jan 8 2008, 01:41 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Jan 8 2008, 02:17 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(calvin @ Jan 8 2008, 01:24 PM) *
30 years ago in 1978, Henry Ford II then chairperson of Ford Motor Company fired his president Lee Iacocca (who later when on to be chairperson of Chrysler). When Mr. Ford was asked why he fired Mr. Iacocca. His reply was "I just didn't like the guy".

CPAATTY I have banned you, don't bother coming back. Mr. Ford summed up my sentiments best.

Shoot! I was so hoping to learn more of Mrs. CPAATTY.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jan 8 2008, 07:23 PM
Post #33

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

Yeah, I need to have more multimillionaires in my five.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 8 2008, 07:56 PM
Post #34

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Jes' heathens I tell ya'

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Brenda
post Jan 8 2008, 09:03 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,814

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jan 9 2008, 12:56 PM) *
Jes' heathens I tell ya'

Are the heathens the banned or the brethren/sis-ren left??? biggrin.gif

That guy with the multimillionaire wife has intrigued me - does he honestly believe there is point or virtue in perpetually convoluted communication? And now I guess we will never know.

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Jan 8 2008, 09:27 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(Brenda @ Jan 8 2008, 10:03 PM) *

That guy with the multimillionaire wife has intrigued me - does he honestly believe there is point or virtue in perpetually convoluted communication? And now I guess we will never know.

I'm not suggesting anything about CPATTY, but his posts sounded just like a psychiatrist I once encountered who, because of his condition, spoke in a language that could only be described as Schizophrenese. The first time I saw him he was still employed. I saw him a few years later and he was very significantly deteriorated. For clarification, I didn't "see" him as his patient, but in other circumstances. (Not that there is anything wrong in seeing a psychiatrist as a patient.)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 8 2008, 10:10 PM
Post #37

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Brenda @ Jan 8 2008, 07:03 PM) *

The "left" ones are the heathens.

Apparently the freshly banned fellow believed in his manner of communication. I imagine he could understand it well, unlike many of the rest of us.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 8 2008, 10:20 PM
Post #38

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Jan 8 2008, 07:27 PM) *
I'm not suggesting anything about CPATTY, but his posts sounded just like a psychiatrist I once encountered who, because of his condition, spoke in a language that could only be described as Schizophrenese. The first time I saw him he was still employed. I saw him a few years later and he was very significantly deteriorated. For clarification, I didn't "see" him as his patient, but in other circumstances. (Not that there is anything wrong in seeing a psychiatrist as a patient.)

Quite illuminating, Skyhook... I hope that CPATTY will be okay as time progresses and that Mrs. CPAATTY either understands him, has the patience to try or is so wealthy she can hire folks to listen to him for her.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 8 2008, 10:43 PM
Post #39

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jan 8 2008, 03:17 PM) *
Shoot! I was so hoping to learn more of Mrs. CPAATTY.

-bear

One may... I'm a firm believer that these folks are like roaches. You can't nuke em and stepping on them would be to messy.

One never knows... a new "law" person did join, as it happens, just today. dunno.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Eduard
post Jan 9 2008, 04:30 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 3,727

QUOTE(calvin @ Jan 8 2008, 01:24 PM) *
30 years ago in 1978, Henry Ford II then chairperson of Ford Motor Company fired his president Lee Iacocca (who later when on to be chairperson of Chrysler). When Mr. Ford was asked why he fired Mr. Iacocca. His reply was “I just didn’t like the guy”.

CPAATTY I have banned you, don’t bother coming back. Mr. Ford summed up my sentiments best.

Calvin,

I am just curious: Was the fact that CPAATTY spoke unintelligibly enough reason for you to ban him from the site? I find this approach quite common in SDA circles - all those who express opposing viewpoints or "cause trouble" are driven away and shunned. Do you think this is a healthy way to deal with different points of view and with those who express them?

Eduard

This post has been edited by Eduard: Jan 9 2008, 04:31 PM

+Quote Post
Statrei
post Jan 9 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #41

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,919

QUOTE(Eduard @ Jan 9 2008, 05:30 PM) *
Calvin,

I am just curious: Was the fact that CPAATTY spoke unintelligibly enough reason for you to ban him from the site? I find this approach quite common in SDA circles - all those who express opposing viewpoints or "cause trouble" are driven away and shunned. Do you think this is a healthy way to deal with different points of view and with those who express them?

Eduard

If his posts were unintelligible then it is not possible that he could have been banned for expressing opposing viewpoints or causing trouble.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 9 2008, 05:28 PM
Post #42

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jan 8 2008, 08:23 PM) *
Yeah, I need to have more multimillionaires in my five.

You could always try being a danny clone...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 9 2008, 05:32 PM
Post #43

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Eduard @ Jan 9 2008, 05:30 PM) *
Calvin,

Eduard

Suffice it to say that membership here is a privilege, not a right. It is not a stretch to say that CPAATTY lost sight of this fact... which is why he is out in the place of great wailing and gnashing of teeth.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 9 2008, 05:36 PM
Post #44

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Eduard,

Please go back and carefully read page 2 of this thread. If you have already done so, what about CPAATTY's nasty behavior do you find not worthy of causing him to be banned.

If you have been reading here at all, you will know that the member was given an entire thread and lots of latitude before he was given his marching orders. The fellow broke the rules. He was nasty to an Admin. He was warned to play by the rules. As an attorney, he certainly must know that rules are important, no matter how many millions he is making for his wife.

What I have noticed in my brief exposure to Forum life here on BSDA and some other venues that don't have near the class and community as Calvin's BlackSDA.com, there are just some folks who seem to join just to be cantankerous and mean. I, personally, find that quite a waste of time when such a fine opportunity for discussion and friendship is offered. But, to each his own.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 9 2008, 05:57 PM
Post #45

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Jan 9 2008, 11:36 PM) *
Eduard,

Please go back and carefully read page 2 of this thread. If you have already done so, what about CPAATTY's nasty behavior do you find not worthy of causing him to be banned.

If you have been reading here at all, you will know that the member was given an entire thread and lots of latitude before he was given his marching orders. The fellow broke the rules. He was nasty to an Admin. He was warned to play by the rules. As an attorney, he certainly must know that rules are important, no matter how many millions he is making for his wife.

What I have noticed in my brief exposure to Forum life here on BSDA and some other venues that don't have near the class and community as Calvin's BlackSDA.com, there are just some folks who seem to join just to be cantankerous and mean. I, personally, find that quite a waste of time when such a fine opportunity for discussion and friendship is offered. But, to each his own.

PB

I see quite a distinction between diagreeing with an administrator and finding fault with his administrative decisions. The first is tolerated, to say the least, the second is taboo and sufficident for expulsion. You can hardly have any better rules, and firmness is essential.

This post has been edited by Johann: Jan 10 2008, 06:29 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:32 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church