Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19171&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 11:49:43 AM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton, Please Come Home!, It's time to stop running
justice4jesus
post Jan 12 2008, 10:29 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,268

Danny Shelton, this post is directed specifically at you. Please accept it in the spirit in which it is presented, and please seriously consider the message inside.

Back in the 1980s, God placed upon you a massive and extremely important responsibility with worldwide impact. Heaven rejoiced when this responsibility was realized and Three Angels Broadcasting Network hit the airwaves. It was one of the most exciting moments in your life, as well as the lives of countless millions who have been blessed in so many ways by 3ABN over the years. God was blessing, and at the same time, Satan was declaring all-out war. Why was Satan declaring war? Because 3ABN was a powerful force for the Kingdom of God, and a definite threat to evil.

Somewhere along the line, however, Satan has gotten the upper hand. As a result, millions of lives and spiritual futures are at stake. Satan has pulled off one of his "best" scams....and he is having one big time of it!

Danny, there is no shame in admitting that you have fallen into Satan's trap. It happens to all of us. We're human. There is plenty of shame, however, in remaining in this trap. The fact is, it really isn't a "trap" at all. You are not trapped. 3ABN is not trapped. You can get out, and thereby bring Satan's celebration to a screeching halt!

I call upon you, Danny, to return to the loving Lord from Whom you have strayed. He WILL welcome you back, as will all of your Christian brothers and sisters.

Danny Shelton, please come home!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 12 2008, 10:41 PM
Post #2

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Danny Shelton does not have that much power..... while I understand what you are saying I take exception to the idea that God would allow the spiritual future of millions to rest upon one man.... God is and has always been stronger than Mr. Shelton and Satan..... have you forgotten, God sets them up and takes them down.... He has always been in control.... believe it....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Jan 12 2008, 11:08 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 12 2008, 10:41 PM) *
Danny Shelton does not have that much power..... while I understand what you are saying I take exception to the idea that God would allow the spiritual future of millions to rest upon one man.... God is and has always been stronger than Mr. Shelton and Satan..... have you forgotten, God sets them up and takes them down.... He has always been in control.... believe it....

While I expected it to be understood that Danny was merely the shepherd leading the sheep, you make a valid point. God is still the Great Shepherd Who can lead Danny back to where he belongs!

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 12 2008, 11:10 PM
Post #4

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Jan 12 2008, 11:08 PM) *
While I expected it to be understood that Danny was merely the shepherd leading the sheep, you make a valid point. God is still the Great Shepherd Who can lead Danny back to where he belongs!

Danny was never the shepherd... he might be a hired hand, or an under-shepherd, but God has always been in control.... maybe this has happened to show people that their trust should be in God and not in Mr. Shelton....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jan 13 2008, 12:53 AM
Post #5

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 12 2008, 10:10 PM) *
Maybe this has happened to show people that their trust should be in God and not in Mr. Shelton....

People keep having to learn the same lesson over and over again.

Adventists look at Robert Tilton and Jimmy Swaggart and think, "We're too smart to fall for crooks like that." We've got a problem with arrogance in our denomination, maybe this is a comeuppance. It'll happen as many times as it has to ...

"I have a vision ... I have a vision ... television! Television! Television!"

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Jan 13 2008, 03:21 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Jan 12 2008, 11:29 PM) *
Danny Shelton, this post is directed specifically at you. Please accept it in the spirit in which it is presented, and please seriously consider the message inside.

Back in the 1980s, God placed upon you a massive and extremely important responsibility with worldwide impact. Heaven rejoiced when this responsibility was realized and Three Angels Broadcasting Network hit the airwaves. It was one of the most exciting moments in your life, as well as the lives of countless millions who have been blessed in so many ways by 3ABN over the years. God was blessing, and at the same time, Satan was declaring all-out war. Why was Satan declaring war? Because 3ABN was a powerful force for the Kingdom of God, and a definite threat to evil.

Somewhere along the line, however, Satan has gotten the upper hand. As a result, millions of lives and spiritual futures are at stake. Satan has pulled off one of his "best" scams....and he is having one big time of it!

Danny, there is no shame in admitting that you have fallen into Satan's trap. It happens to all of us. We're human. There is plenty of shame, however, in remaining in this trap. The fact is, it really isn't a "trap" at all. You are not trapped. 3ABN is not trapped. You can get out, and thereby bring Satan's celebration to a screeching halt!

I call upon you, Danny, to return to the loving Lord from Whom you have strayed. He WILL welcome you back, as will all of your Christian brothers and sisters.

Danny Shelton, please come home!

First, if you'd like to talk to Danny Shelton, please email him, instead of posting to the members here, or pick up your phone and call him, it's not long distance...

Second, I have little patience with accusations like this and public demands for confessions and repentance. Regardless of what spirit it is claimed to be in, it always reminds me of

the spirit of the inquisitions.

sadwalk.gif

This post has been edited by Ian: Jan 13 2008, 06:17 AM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 13 2008, 08:01 AM
Post #7

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

If the sin was public, as was Danny's divorce of Linda on unbiblical grounds, then what's the problem with a public call for confession and repentance?

1Ti 5:20 "Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear."

Was Paul wrong in this counsel to Timothy?

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Jan 13 2008, 08:55 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ian @ Jan 13 2008, 03:21 AM) *
First, if you'd like to talk to Danny Shelton, please email him, instead of posting to the members here, or pick up your phone and call him, it's not long distance...

Second, I have little patience with accusations like this and public demands for confessions and repentance. Regardless of what spirit it is claimed to be in, it always reminds me of

sadwalk.gif

I didn't expect you to understand, Ian. You just simply don't WANT to understand, and that's your problem.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 13 2008, 10:00 AM
Post #9

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 13 2008, 12:10 AM) *
Danny was never the shepherd... he might be a hired hand, or an under-shepherd, but God has always been in control.... maybe this has happened to show people that their trust should be in God and not in Mr. Shelton....

I forget this sometimes...I can't look to man because man will fail....
QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Jan 13 2008, 09:55 AM) *
I didn't expect you to understand, Ian. You just simply don't WANT to understand, and that's your problem.

I'm glad you understand that Justice. ...and I thought that the note was "nice" - but it probably won't get an answer. You can rest assured that you tried....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Jan 13 2008, 10:22 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 12 2008, 11:10 PM) *

Can't argue with that one, Clay! We all need to be reminded of this every now and then.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 13 2008, 10:33 AM
Post #11

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Ian @ Jan 13 2008, 09:21 AM) *

sadwalk.gif

As you thus expose more and more of your attitude, I start understanding the meaning of your utterances. Your pharisaic religion has no room for confession and repentance of public sins.

As I have just written in another thread, I discovered right at the beginning through disussions with a certain 3ABN administrator that one of the reasons they had to get rid of Linda was because of the songs she wrote. There was too much of the love of Christ and His mercy in them for the kind of religion 3ABN wanted to promote. So Danny had to send someone together with Linda to Europe to see if they could not make up some kind of reason for Danny to divorce her and get her trashed.

Danny wrote me to try to convince me of some of the things that had happened there. I knew for certain some of it was things they made up. Then, on the other hand, you would not understand those posts, because you were not there. Danny just knew that it was easy for him to get rid of Linda, because everybody would believe him, whether true or not.

Danny even figured he had the power to get the first elder of the local church, Dr. Arild Abrahamsen, excommunicated. That would have been some butter on Danny's malicious bread, to prove that he was right by having that man disciplined. But Danny cannot deceive all people all the time. The pastor sensed his dishonesty the way he talked. An honest pastor will often detect the dishonesty in people pretending. Not the least when they have no proofs of the claims they make.

Obviously I did not hear that phone conversation myself. The pastor told me, and I know him as an honest man.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jan 13 2008, 11:08 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

And this last post came from the typing fingers of a person who really, really knows, therefore, I believe what he posted here.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jan 13 2008, 11:16 AM
Post #13

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Ian @ Jan 13 2008, 01:21 AM) *

sadwalk.gif

Ian, how it it that you think it's not a long distance call?

And, how is it you think DS would EVER reply to an email or phone call honestly? Why would he?
The day he is repentant (in any honest fashion) it will be a miracle day, and if he had the least bit of humility or conscience, it would have shown long long ago.

I think it's interesting how you look at J4J plea - as a "public demand for confession". That alone tells volumes. Apparently, to someone who is never wrong, can't be wrong, and won't be wrong, there would never be a reason for any kind of confession, right? I mean, even Swaggart publicly confessed, because he had a public to confess to! Like it or not, real or not, at least he understood that principal.

It's too bad that DS is so busy being 'right' no matter the means, the people he drags into it, the manner of which he degrades and minipulates others to attempt a particular outcome, that he can't even see that people do still care about his soul. He should stop and appreciate that - but then, I tend to wonder if he is not capable of even understanding that kind of love and compassion in the truest sense, that he can't even see the "chistian" in real christians who have the love of Jesus for all mankind, no matter what their sins. Isn't that what Jesus wants from us? Maybe you can explain it to him.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 13 2008, 12:08 PM
Post #14

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 13 2008, 06:01 AM) *
If the sin was public, as was Danny's divorce of Linda on unbiblical grounds, then what's the problem with a public call for confession and repentance?

1Ti 5:20 "Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear."

Was Paul wrong in this counsel to Timothy?

I decided to go and read the whole chapter of 1Timothy5. I found Paul counseling Timothy on how to manage the widows and elders in the early church. The counsel you quoted was in regards to elders, not regular members.

17 The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching. 18 For the Scripture says, "Do not muzzle the ox while it is treading out the grain," and "The worker deserves his wages." 19 Do not entertain an accusation against an elder unless it is brought by two or three witnesses. 20 Those who sin are to be rebuked publicly, so that the others may take warning.

All things must be taken in context rather than words being lifted out and becoming meaningless proof texts. In the KJV, just a little further down in this chapter, one could make an argument that Paul was advocating ceasing drinking water and replacing it with wine.

23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

If we take your use of 1Timothy 5:20 as an edict to publically rebuke every brother or sister who sins, we are misapplying it, IMO. It's for church elders... And even then, if you find a likely sinful elder to rebuke, just make sure you have two or three true witnesses before the public rebuking begins.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jan 13 2008, 12:21 PM
Post #15

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

Well, "elder" refers to church leaders. Doesn't Danny fall into that category?

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 10:49 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church