Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19171&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:53:01 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton, Please Come Home!, It's time to stop running
LaurenceD
post Jan 28 2008, 03:11 PM
Post #106

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(appletree)
You say Danny hasn't produced the evidence. Has it every occurred to you (evidently not) that for reasons that have not been revealed, his hands are tied.

QUOTE(Pickle)
Why? Because if he produces that recording people will know that he violated the laws of the state of Illinois? Or if he produces hundreds of hours of phone card phone records without evidence that he obtained a court order first, he'll be in real hot water?

What exactly is tying his hands, and how would you know?

When I suggested above that the "evidence" had already been shared with leaders at the GC, it may have been from reading Walt Thompson's famous letter of explanation...his take on this whole affair:
Linda has said that she was not censured by her church. The fact is, her church did meet and confidentially went over all of the evidence they had, and wrote an 8 page letter outlining the reason they had to conclude that she was wrong. Rather than drop her from membership, out of concern for her, they agreed do a letter of censure.

It was our conclusion based upon the information we have, only some of which I have shared here, that Danny was morally free to re-marry if he wished. We were all concerned about the timing, but did not feel that was a just reason for condemning the action. Those of Church leadership with whom we have shared these things agree with our decision.

In all of the Bible, I have not been able to find a single instance where God had a prophet condemn any one for anything that was not either illegal or immoral. As our board, and leaders of the church, have carefully examined the evidence, we find nothing for which to condemn Danny either.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 29 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #107

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 577

Right on, PrincessDi!! smile.gif

With all the spin going on here, a summary like yours below is a helpful sober reminder. thumbsup.gif

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jan 28 2008, 02:48 PM) *
What I remember is Danny first claiming "spiritual adultery" and that he believed that Linda was on the phone too long with the Dr., phone records from a prepaid phone( yeah right!) to prove it. and some warning about that leading to something else....more of an ailenation of affection type of thing. I remember JL consenting to show those records to Bob or somebody and then reneging on it. I remmber the actualy adultery not coming up until this line of Danny's supporters came here, then we got to talking about trips and clandestine meetings in Europe, etc. Oh yeah and many promises that there was also evidence of this. I do also remember some eluding to presenting evidence to satisfy the church's concerns. However, I just added things to the list of lies.

Also, Appletree, there is a movie and an even older song/saying on which the movie is based, call, "It's a thin Line betwee Love and Hate". Danny may have loved Linda, while he thought he "controlled" her. However when he lost that control, then it turned to hate. Anytime people who becan watching 3ABN post Linda, don't even know he was married after his first wife died, there is a problem. Anytime you take you time and somebody else's money to erase a person's memory from not only your life, but the ministry she helped to build, there is a rpoblem. Danny has been extremmly mean and sptieful through this entire situation. Once again, I tell you that I make my determinations on Danny's own actions and who he claims to be and Who he claims to represent. They don't add up. You all keep on saying that it is lInda who is behind her supporters here, but you can't prove thqt either. However, it is a matter of public record that Danny has many time on 3ABN and tie visitng churches trashed Linda, along with the whole of 3ABN leadship. That we have heard for ourselves. Not to mention you supporters who have come here with no proof, but lots of attempted character assassination of Linda and those who support her. Once, onagain it is the actions and owrds of DAnny and his supporters that consfemn him, not Linda.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jan 30 2008, 11:39 PM
Post #108

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jan 28 2008, 02:25 PM) *
I understand that our consuming interest with the Shelton divorce is not so much about the divorce as about other agendas. I still think it's kind of sad to keep dragging it up and shaking it every few weeks for years.

The following quote from a site that referenced a new Barna survey caught my eye.

"A recent study by the Barna Research Group throws extreme doubt on these estimates. Barna released the results of their poll about divorce on 1999-DEC-21. 1 They had interviewed 3,854 adults from the 48 contiguous states. The margin of error is ±2 percentage points. The survey found:

11% of the adult population is currently divorced. 25% of adults have had at least one divorce during their lifetime. Divorce rates among conservative Christians were significantly higher than for other faith groups, and much higher than Atheists and Agnostics experience."

You can read the full article here: Barna

-bear

What, pray tell, do these statistic have to do with the Shelton's or 3ABN? NOTHING!

These stats do not make an unbiblical divorce right in God's eye. But, we aren't God, so we just overlook the stupid standard of our Bible and beloved church, right?

I could care less what the world's standards are. Their standards do not come close to biblical standards. Danny dumped his wife, so what! So what if he destroyed her reputation for something she did NOT do! Forget that many people have been broken! Who cares about them any old way?

Forget that 3ABN's financial data is corrupt. Each for his own right! More power to him! If those ignorant members in the pews want to give Danny their money for him to spend as he pleases, so be it!

So what if ASI has already taken over 3ABN! Leave Danny alone so ASI can promote ASI members on global TV! It is all a means to an end right? I have been watching the programming of 3ABN. Less productions and more ASI Ministries, some are horrible productions too! Yes, I am watching more than the McNeilus hour! (Maranatha)

It is OK that Danny is going to sue more people. Yeah, he is suing his Christian brothers that are telling the truth! God forbid that something should change the status quot! I am tired of glazing over and making serious errors out to be OK! The whole world is doing it, so what is the big deal.

I wish Danny and Brandy the best. They deserve each other. I do not expect him to divorce her to make things right. Leave them alone. However, he should have to answer for his sin against God & Linda. Restitution's needs to be given to ALL of the abused. Restitution should be made to Linda for firing her. Danny should also be totally 100% removed from 3ABN, period!

I guess you feel that all should be OK since so much time has past, and nothing has happened. That is OK for you, but not for me and I am sure not for God. My God is a God of Justice. I full well not only expect God to take care of the small problem with Danny Shelton and the millions of dollars in question, but I expect Him to clean up this ASI mess which is much larger than little old Danny and 3ABN! It is beginning to look like 3ABN is only a drop in the bucket! It looks as if the perpetrator has become the victim! Does that make sense to anyone?

I am not bitter, I am just tire of hearing everything get glazed over. The more we are exposed to sin, it seem somehow less of a sin. Maybe we do need an ASI Forum. What we need are more men who are not afraid of being sued for the sake of truth.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jan 30 2008, 11:43 PM
Post #109

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Jan 28 2008, 03:07 PM) *
Aren't quite a number of conservative Christians notoriously shame-based? I honestly don't know the statistics on that, or how they compare to atheists/agnostics, or other humans in general. But if so, it could make for some rocky relationships.

Who really cares?

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:53 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church