Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19670&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:48:40 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is The Cure Worse, than the sickness?
runner4him
post Feb 2 2008, 01:22 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Feb 2 2008, 11:30 AM) *
I thought I would add the following comments from a blog I read and have mentioned here before.

"I’ve been thinking for a while that the hyperpartisanship on both sides was beginning to resemble the Protestant/Catholic sectarian troubles in Northern Ireland. Hate and malice are being extended by both sides to those “others” over there. The “other side.”

Nothing else matters but that they don’t believe the same things “we” believe (whoever “we” are, Conservative or Liberal). Because they don’t believe the same things “we” believe, they are bad, undesirable people and we shun them and will not have them in our midst.

It’s downright unAmerican, if you ask me. And the tenacity with which both sides cling to their beliefs makes one wonder if the political extremes are not misplacing their faith - putting it not in God, but in “the party” and “the movement.”

http://theanchoressonline.com/

soapzip.gif

nw

nw,

I agree that it is not only unAmerican but most of all unChristian to hold onto bitter feelings about anyone. It is something we all must think about daily in how we live our lives. Shunning anyone and not including them in our midst makes us lonely people and in the end an outcast ourselves for how can we enter the Gates with Jesus if we cannot embrace our brother or sister?

I think long ago I posted that saying on the web site you just referred to us - "Having resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die". Science backs this up - the body manufactures a poison within us when we live with bitterness, anger, resentment, and any other negative emotion. It will kill us in more ways than one.

NW, It is okay to be on a soap box sometimes...We can really see the political arena for what it is but we somehow do not see ourselves polarizing or becoming part of a mob mentality. We need His grace and mercy and His eyes to really see.

R4H
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Feb 3 2008, 11:17 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,536

My prayer....

"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of the time, because the days are evil." Ephesians 4:15,16.

I came in to BSDA looking for truth. I found the truth because I asked Jesus to give it to me. Back about 3 years ago I didn't like what I was seeing and hearing from Danny Shelton and his cohorts on world wide television and hearing "rumors" against Linda from letters and email. After joining and reading in BSDA I found a lot of other allegations against Danny Shelton, family and friends. Apparently the situation with Linda was only the tip of the iceburg.

Now that Danny Shelton is no longer president of 3ABN I want to say that there are many people who want to support Jim Gilley for trying to do a task that is very difficult to do at this time. This man of God is working hard to get 3ABN back on track so that it can be what the vision is supposed to be about, NOT what Danny Shelton wants it to be... "look at me Danny Shelton, I built this great ministry with my own two hands and with your money, my personal piggy bank." We need to move on. Time is short. We need to either maintain or start our personal relationship with Jesus Christ our Lord.

Bickering and fighting who is right and who is wrong hasen't done anyone any good. I plan on working on 'making the most of the time' given to me to work on my relationship with Jesus instead of fanning the flames of bickering. It is not my job to cleanse the sanctuary. It is Jesus' job.

Jim Gilley my hat off to you for your hard work you will be continually doing until you have the 3ABN house the way Jesus want's it to be. Don't give up. We all want 3ABN to be a shining light to the world to show everyone the path to Jesus.

JMHO
Rosyroi

ps. I have found that other posts in BSDA are great places to get aquainted with other posters. Thank you to the Admin and owner for your puttng up with this 3ABN saga.

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Feb 3 2008, 11:29 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 23 2008, 10:54 AM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Seraphim7 @ Jan 30 2008, 09:06 AM) *
OK, so omebody here thinks that the 3A's issue is "prophetic" and thus will affect the Adventist church worldwide?

Amen

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:48 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church