Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20029&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:48:44 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where Is Brenda?, Will Brenda not be the main witness against Linda?
Johann
post Feb 8 2008, 05:07 PM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 8 2008, 08:01 PM) *
is that what He said, or how you are interpreting what you believe he said?

1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Matt 6:14-15 "If you forgive the failures of others, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. (15) But if you don't forgive others, your Father will not forgive your failures.

- - -

You are so right, also in the emphasis you are making. Don't forget that you did state, "if we confess". When there is not the least trace of confession to what has been announced publicly to the whole world, but to the contrary there is a continued empasis that nothing wrong was done, then there is something wrong.

Confession does not mean sweeping things under the rug.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 8 2008, 05:32 PM
Post #17

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Now Johann, I might have to disagree here. People may very well confess to God, but not make things right as they should. Especially in the most complicated cases, like 3ABN. Imagine what DAnny would have to actuallys tand up to admit......and repair.........

QUOTE(Johann @ Feb 8 2008, 03:07 PM) *
You are so right, also in the emphasis you are making. Don't forget that you did state, "if we confess". When there is not the least trace of confession to what has been announced publicly to the whole world, but to the contrary there is a continued empasis that nothing wrong was done, then there is something wrong.

Confession does not mean sweeping things under the rug.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 8 2008, 05:54 PM
Post #18

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(princessdi @ Feb 8 2008, 11:32 PM) *
Now Johann, I might have to disagree here. People may very well confess to God, but not make things right as they should. Especially in the most complicated cases, like 3ABN. Imagine what DAnny would have to actuallys tand up to admit......and repair.........

So it is wrong of a Christian to repair the damage he has made?

A couple of days ago a car backed into mine. We both looked and saw no damage. But if there had been damage, I should have told him, that since he is a Christian he does not have to repair? Even if my car had been a total wreck? Yes, you may have a point there. It should not bother us what others do to us.

I suppose I am learning a lesson. If I accidently destroy something that belongs to others, I should just go into my secret chamber and ask for forgiveness. Then I do not have to pay for the damage? Is this the Christianity you are teaching in Sabbath School? I admire your courage!

Especially of you are a Christian leader, I suppose you are completely excempt from doing any repairs, because it may take some of your time and means which could be used to proclaim how to mend boken people. Yes, I am slowly getting your point - and your Christian teachings.

Somehow I just see your face as you were typing. . . biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Johann: Feb 8 2008, 06:04 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 8 2008, 06:18 PM
Post #19

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

No, it is a HUGE problem that Danny has not made those repairs to his fellow man/woman. He may very well have repented, though, and God maybe stillw orking iwth his pride about those things which he needs to do to repair some of the damage done by his actions. They dont' always come simultaneously......is what I am saying....work out pride is something else, is it not?

QUOTE(Johann @ Feb 8 2008, 03:54 PM) *

A couple of days ago a car backed into mine. We both looked and saw no damage. But if there had been damage, I should have told him, that since he is a Christian he does not have to repair? Even if my car had been a total wreck? Yes, you may have a point there. It should not bother us what others do to us.

I suppose I am learning a lesson. If I accidently destroy something that belongs to others, I should just go into my secret chamber and ask for forgiveness. Then I do not have to pay for the damage? Is this the Christianity you are teaching in Sabbath School? I admire your courage!

Especially of you are a Christian leader, I suppose you are completely excempt from doing any repairs, because it may take some of your time and means which could be used to proclaim how to mend boken people. Yes, I am slowly getting your point - and your Christian teachings.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 8 2008, 06:35 PM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

My favorite vegetarian swear is, "it's not worth a tinkers dam" or "others don't give a tinkers dam". You still get the d word but with an entirely different meaning. And to those that don't know what a tinkers dam is will just assume the worse.

QUOTE(Johann @ Feb 8 2008, 03:34 AM) *
There are those who care if truth is vindicated. Others don't give a . . .

I was lookiing for a good *vegetarian* term here, but it slipped my mind. Can you help me out?

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 8 2008, 06:38 PM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Sin is sin, true, but some sins have greater consequences.

QUOTE(missthg @ Feb 8 2008, 04:39 PM) *
um....God said sin is sin - period - no sin is greater than the other....Now how we may feel about it is a lot different than what God said sin is....

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 8 2008, 06:48 PM
Post #22

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Feb 8 2008, 06:38 PM) *
Sin is sin, true, but some sins have greater consequences.

there is something worse than death?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 8 2008, 06:50 PM
Post #23

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Artiste @ Feb 8 2008, 03:08 PM) *
Clay, there is a huge difference between the sin of an inappropriate divorce/remarriage and the sin of orchestrating the slandering of the reputation of a well-known SDA woman on national SDA media with lies and insinuations as well as kicking her out of her position and turning as many people against her as possible. All that in addition to divorcing her.

Are you saying that the minister who gets up to preach on Sabbath having committed a sin on the friday before of speaking hastily and irritably to a member of his family is as reprehensible as a person who has done the above?

There is a difference in the level of guilt of various wrongdoing. That is the reason some individuals are put in prison for their misdeeds and others are not.

as others have pointed out... sin is sin.... there are no degrees of sin.... except in adventism where we seem to think that sexual sins are worse than others.... they are not.....

we are not talking about prison, we are discussing sin..... and yes if there is sin, they are all in the same category....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 8 2008, 06:53 PM
Post #24

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Feb 8 2008, 05:54 PM) *

And the lesson you want us to learn is what? all who sin should not lead or proclaim the truth? are you telling us that in all the years that you ministered you did not sin and so you were able to stand before your members week after week sinless? Is that what you would have us believe? Interesting indeed...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 8 2008, 06:58 PM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

I was talking about the consequence of sin on our present life. The sin of murder has a worse consequence (if you don't believe me ask the victim) than the sin of telling your wife you were working when you were really playing around, that is a round, as in golf biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 8 2008, 07:48 PM) *

This post has been edited by Richard Sherwin: Feb 8 2008, 07:00 PM

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Feb 8 2008, 07:02 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 8 2008, 07:53 PM) *
And the lesson you want us to learn is what? all who sin should not lead or proclaim the truth? are you telling us that in all the years that you ministered you did not sin and so you were able to stand before your members week after week sinless? Is that what you would have us believe? Interesting indeed...

uhm.gif Oh, comeon Clay, you know that Johann does not have any idea that he is perfect on any day of the week, let alone get into the pulpit with that kind of an attitude. Lighten up, Man!! dry.gif

GrammieTana

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 8 2008, 07:19 PM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 9 2008, 12:53 AM) *

How did you manage to get that impression? Apples and oranges! Or spinach and poison ivy?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 8 2008, 07:20 PM
Post #28

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(GrammieTana @ Feb 8 2008, 07:02 PM) *
uhm.gif Oh, comeon Clay, you know that Johann does not have any idea that he is perfect on any day of the week, let alone get into the pulpit with that kind of an attitude. Lighten up, Man!! dry.gif

GrammieTana

He is suggesting that we don't take sin seriously, or that there are some sins are worse than others.... so let's explore that idea..... Johann would like us to believe its an either/or issue.... so I presented the other extreme... and I am being light.... so far...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 8 2008, 07:21 PM
Post #29

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Feb 8 2008, 07:19 PM) *
How did you manage to get that impression? Apples and oranges! Or spinach and poison ivy?

by what you posted....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 8 2008, 07:22 PM
Post #30

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 9 2008, 12:48 AM) *

Yes, the second death.

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:48 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church