Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20348&st=330 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 11:44:23 AM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

31 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rumors, Lies, & False Accusations Travel With Joy, Confronting AT and Gailon with Truth
Pickle
post Mar 9 2008, 09:40 AM
Post #331

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Ian @ Mar 7 2008, 08:24 PM) *
"I feel persecuted therefore I am righteous" ?

Don't count on self-justification getting you into heaven either,

Reminds me of that Aug. 10, 2006, broadcast where Linda's daughter's signed statement was likened to persecution. Claims of persecution don't really mean anything, do they?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dona
post Mar 9 2008, 10:14 AM
Post #332

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,296

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 9 2008, 01:46 AM) *
See that what happens when you come late to the party. Actually, I find it very strange that from the beginning, Johann's involvement was never in question by either side...In fact that is how he got here......his name being tossed aorund as being Linda's friend and actually part and party to whatever she and Dr, had going on. They disagree with his version of things, but not his involvement. DS, WT, and KK. Please! Don't get me started! Is she even a Dr.? Didn't soembody look up her credentials when she came here? I thought she was some kind of counselor or something....anyway, she is extremely unprofessional. She came here psting confidential information about someone she claimed to have "counseled" Sorry we have enough members who actually work in this field that it was spotted almost immediately. Her crediblity is zero here..........You already know the deal with Danny. He came here lying through his teeth, without us even asking him anything. Credibility.....zero........WT....I beleive honestly at first he had good intentions. However, I think he made some serious judgement errors and did not stand up for right, and now he feels basically stuck. i don't believe him to be a bad man, just caught between and rock and a hard place. As a result present credbility is zero because of the ompany he keeps....birds of a feather, ya' know!

It is not until some of you Johnny come latelys, who admit to not being anywhere around any of the incidents in question. that Johann's involvement has been questioned. I just can't understnad that from people who we know weren't there. So, if your sources are telling you this, then they arde putting you at a great disadvantage as this is a fact that they themselves never questioned. To be honest, and I admit, I might have missed something, the closest person on your side got to any of these situation was someone admitting to being across the auditorium when the confrontation happend with Johann and the Dr. at that fateful campmeeting, not even close enough to read lips. Now you are talking and you were not even there......at all. How does that work?

There may be others, who like me, may not know Johann or Dr. Thompson in person. I have mainly gotten to know them through their demeanor and character in the things they wrote, or continue to write as in Johann's case. I have also seen Dr. Thompson on 3ABN. I have never seen one time where Dr. Thompson did not speak or write without wisdom, love and compassion. Never once have I seen where he spoke or wrote in an unkind way. In fact it seemed that when he did have to speak in truth about a situation that it hurt him to have to do so. Maybe you want to believe that I base my opinions on what others have told me, but it is not so. There has been no one to say anything different from what I have been shone about Dr. Thompson except Johann and now your doubts about him. I would count it a blessing to have one such as Dr. Thompson as my friend or counselor. His credibility rates very high with me.

I cannot say the same about Johann. In the beginning and still today I believed him to be sincere but a very confused man who had been duped. Why, because he wrote and continues to write things that just don't fit into the picture. I continue to be amazed that their are some who believe all that he says, seemingly without question, when there is so much to be questioned. Would I want him to be my friend or counselor, no because I believe he would condone my wrongs instead of telling me the truth so I could do better. I would also not want anyone to come to my defense who would go about spewing venimous things to and about our fellowman. It is not a true and loving friend who would do that and it is not a true and loving friend who would allow anyone to do that for them. I have continued to hope that Johann could and would see. Until then, his credibility does not rate at all with me.

Dona

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 9 2008, 11:58 AM
Post #333

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

..and, Dona, it is your prerogative to see things as youw wish. We all make the choice of whom we will believe, and those choices are colored by our life experiences and teaching, environment, etc. IOW, you know how there is one accident and yet several versions of what was seen, depending on one's vantage point. I know I it would take a whole lot of prayer for me to face such consequences. However, in the meantime, it means upholding and encouraging the wrongs done.

One thing I want to make clear. I DO NOT get the impression that WT is a bad man, or even slightly crooked man. I just think of serious of bad choices has him in the predicament he is in now. I think it is one of those situations where to get out, things will get much worse for him before they get better, with some lifetime consequences involved. Mainly, I took this from actually seeing him one night on 3ABN. He did not have the same look as the other's and also looked abit uncomfortable often looking down at papers in his hand, etc. The rest had thier war clothes on and were out there on the front line to let everyone know that Danny was annoited an appointed by God, and ifyou disagreed with him, you were diagreeing with God, as rebllious as the COI to Danny Moses leadership. each one went on to compare Danny to John the Baptist and other prophets, etc. I also get this impression of WT from the things said about him here, by both sides.

QUOTE(Dona @ Mar 9 2008, 09:14 AM) *
There may be others, who like me, may not know Johann or Dr. Thompson in person. I have mainly gotten to know them through their demeanor and character in the things they wrote, or continue to write as in Johann's case. I have also seen Dr. Thompson on 3ABN. I have never seen one time where Dr. Thompson did not speak or write without wisdom, love and compassion. Never once have I seen where he spoke or wrote in an unkind way. In fact it seemed that when he did have to speak in truth about a situation that it hurt him to have to do so. Maybe you want to believe that I base my opinions on what others have told me, but it is not so. There has been no one to say anything different from what I have been shone about Dr. Thompson except Johann and now your doubts about him. I would count it a blessing to have one such as Dr. Thompson as my friend or counselor. His credibility rates very high with me.

I cannot say the same about Johann. In the beginning and still today I believed him to be sincere but a very confused man who had been duped. Why, because he wrote and continues to write things that just don't fit into the picture. I continue to be amazed that their are some who believe all that he says, seemingly without question, when there is so much to be questioned. Would I want him to be my friend or counselor, no because I believe he would condone my wrongs instead of telling me the truth so I could do better. I would also not want anyone to come to my defense who would go about spewing venimous things to and about our fellowman. It is not a true and loving friend who would do that and it is not a true and loving friend who would allow anyone to do that for them. I have continued to hope that Johann could and would see. Until then, his credibility does not rate at all with me.

Dona

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 9 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #334

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dona @ Mar 9 2008, 10:14 AM) *
I have never seen one time where Dr. Thompson did not speak or write without wisdom, love and compassion. Never once have I seen where he spoke or wrote in an unkind way.

You forget. Aaron came across much more kind and loving than Moses after the golden calf incident, but if it hadn't have been for Moses' intercession, God would have slain Aaron. So just coming across kind and loving isn't enough, though it is required.

The problem is that Walt slanders and defames his opponents in such a kind way, he comes across more believable. But that doesn't make what he has said just, righteous, or true.

+Quote Post
Dona
post Mar 9 2008, 12:30 PM
Post #335

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 9 2008, 11:58 AM) *
..and, Dona, it is your prerogative to see things as youw wish. We all make the choice of whom we will believe, and those choices are colored by our life experiences and teaching, environment, etc. IOW, you know how there is one accident and yet several versions of what was seen, depending on one's vantage point. I know I it would take a whole lot of prayer for me to face such consequences. However, in the meantime, it means upholding and encouraging the wrongs done.

Wouldn't you agree that we should not let "our life experiences and teaching, environment, etc. " influence us as to what we believe as much as the teachings and example of our Lord Jesus Christ? No one of us would disagree as to His character.

+Quote Post
Dona
post Mar 9 2008, 12:34 PM
Post #336

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 9 2008, 12:16 PM) *
The problem is that Walt slanders and defames his opponents in such a kind way, he comes across more believable. But that doesn't make what he has said just, righteous, or true.

This is beneath even you.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 9 2008, 01:04 PM
Post #337

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Yes, I agree. However, it is only natural that those things are factors. They color how we think about everything, and I believe that is the way God made us, as individuals. therefore, it IS His Will that those things are a part of who we are. He gave us five senses and a brain, he didn't make us mindless servants. Therefore, there is a way in which He created our thought processes work. Now, He did throw in there free will, so often those processes are faulty. That is the reason why we need to turn that will over to Him. The truth is no one here on this earth but one Has done His Will perfectly. We all will make faulty judgement calls for which we will pay a wide range of consequences. None of us are immune from this.....ALL have sinned and come short.........even those involved in ministry...

QUOTE(Dona @ Mar 9 2008, 11:30 AM) *
Wouldn't you agree that we should not let "our life experiences and teaching, environment, etc. " influence us as to what we believe as much as the teachings and example of our Lord Jesus Christ? No one of us would disagree as to His character.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 9 2008, 01:43 PM
Post #338

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Whewww.....
snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 9 2008, 05:22 PM
Post #339

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Dona @ Mar 9 2008, 04:14 PM) *

Dona

Dona, who is your own pastor whom you trust? How many pastors with credentials from the Sevent-day Adventist Church do you really trust?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Ian
post Mar 9 2008, 05:44 PM
Post #340

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Johann @ Mar 9 2008, 06:22 PM) *
Dona, who is your own pastor whom you trust? How many pastors with credentials from the Sevent-day Adventist Church do you really trust?

blink.gif What does that have to do with the price of swisskriss?

This post has been edited by Ian: Mar 9 2008, 05:46 PM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 9 2008, 05:50 PM
Post #341

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Ian @ Mar 9 2008, 11:44 PM) *
blink.gif What does that have to do with the price of swisskriss?

Nothing. Read Dana's post and you will know why I asked those questions. Very easy answers.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Ian
post Mar 9 2008, 06:02 PM
Post #342

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 9 2008, 01:16 PM) *
You forget. Aaron came across much more kind and loving than Moses after the golden calf incident, but if it hadn't have been for Moses' intercession, God would have slain Aaron. So just coming across kind and loving isn't enough, though it is required.

Last time I read that story it was about a lack of faith and the sin of idolotry not who came across as the most kind and loving... Which btw was not Asron! who led and encouraged others to commit spiritual adultery and to justify it, just as he did , all being less than faithful!

Bob that is absolutely not true. Shame on you! Dr Thompson is the furthest from a slanderer that I could imagine. Upt till Johann started in on him you couldn't find a person who had anything bad to say about him, and apart from those who have bought into Johanns misrepresentations you still can't. his words and actions have always been above reproach from all I can find and have heard. He comes across the same way in person as he does on broadcasts and in emails, as patient, thoughtful and wise. He is a deeply caring man who is slow to speak and slow to anger, unlike other people who are always less then discreet and constantly defame and malign because they can't ever bother to prove what they choose to think, believe and repeat...

(here's your shoe)

This post has been edited by Ian: Mar 9 2008, 06:10 PM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 9 2008, 07:22 PM
Post #343

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ian @ Mar 9 2008, 06:02 PM) *
Bob that is absolutely not true.

Yes, it is sadly true.

+Quote Post
Dona
post Mar 9 2008, 08:02 PM
Post #344

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Johann @ Mar 9 2008, 05:22 PM) *

I really cannot see that these questions are any of your business. I also fail to see the relevance of your questions. If you are wondering who I trust, whether they be a pastor or my fellowman, it is those who are true Christians. What I mean by true Christians is that they do not take our Lord Jesus Christ's name in vain, calling themselves Christians, and then speak and live contrary to His teachings and life example. In other words they walk the talk in every area of their lives. Don't get me wrong, they are not perfect and are the first to admit that, seek forgivess, prayers of others on their behalf, and keep their faith in the One whose faith saved us and is perfecting them.

Dona

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Mar 9 2008, 09:46 PM
Post #345

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Johann @ Mar 9 2008, 05:28 AM) *
Do you really think I'm catching up with you in this area?

Just for you information, FHB's information is not correct. Can't blame him, since he was not even born at that time he is describing so vividly, and how immaculate is his source? His ability to remember things in the right sequence has been questioned, and can be documented.

Have you considered the possibility that, at times, I paid more attention to Walt than he to me? Why would I rremember him so clearly when we met again 50 years later?

People's memories of events and people are different. When I met Ralph Thompson, former secretary of the General Conference, again at a 3ABN board meeting, I had almost forgotten him, but he remembered us being together in classes. When he told me incidents my memory was refreshed. And he also told me he had met my wife on a trip to Poland where she had concerts at that time. He has a special ability to remember and follow people he has met.

That freshmen were seperated from other students in the dorm at EMC is news to me. But how would FHB know? Was he there? First floor in Burman Hall was supposed to be for seniors only, but then they put certain freshmen in between. I had special friends who lived closer to Walter. One reason why I paid attention to him.

Johann,

Let's clear up some of your nonsense here. My source of information was not Dr. Thompson. - simply check your yearbooks and they will support my information. I also see nothing here that offers anything at all to refute the details I supplied to the readers here. My being born or not is probably the weakest statement you have uttered. One need not be born and live in a specific time to be able to gather accurate information about that time.

Why don't you offer something of substance if you are going to claim that someone is not correct - your simply saying is nothing more than wind in the willows. I have no way to substantiate that you would "remember him so clearly" after ten years, much less 50.

Again, you offer nothing to disprove or contradict the facts of my earlier post - this leads one to believe that you can't. Your words to the contrary are hollow.

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 10:44 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church