Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20348&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 11:43:48 AM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

31 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rumors, Lies, & False Accusations Travel With Joy, Confronting AT and Gailon with Truth
Ian
post Feb 22 2008, 10:19 AM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 22 2008, 07:48 AM) *
SP:

Thank your for your postings.

I find the quotation below to be of interest:

Okaay, and you think transfers of property in relation to, or in conflict with eviromental concerns or laws are a big problem in downtown Thompsonville?? wink.gif

just curious....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
appletree
post Feb 22 2008, 10:31 AM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Feb 22 2008, 12:34 AM) *
"Time is short—we need to maximize our efforts to reach lost souls." -Danny Shelton, 3ABN LIVE

PUZZLE HINT: time is short, but buy a house when they can no longer work...so price is calculated unto death.
Is something wrong with this picture?

There isn't a thing wrong with that picture. The word tell us to "occupy" until He comes. That means that though we think time is short we still have to lay future plans in case our time table is not God's time table. This is nitpicking to the nth degree.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Feb 22 2008, 10:38 AM
Post #63

Advanced Member

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Feb 22 2008, 01:34 AM) *
Here's a little puzzle for you....
No quote, and no comment either? What are we suppose to know? That JJ asked the same basic question as Pickle and the only response from WT was that they did buy it indeed, but no mention of the price and turnover--which was specifically requested?
"When Danny and Linda decided they wanted to build a house and build up equity toward the day when they could no longer work, they requested the opportunity to purchase their lifetime interest in the property as determined by legal statistical tables calculated to determine the worth of the property at the statistical time of their death." -Walt Thompson, 7/18/07 in email to JJ

Laurence, no offense, but I think the point just wooshed right over your head.

Pickle claimed they bought the hoiuse for less than it's value, and than resold it and profited in a ilegal, or shady manner because of how it was done...

But that isn't true, and they didn't they already had a lifetime interest in the house they lived in according to what is legally called a Revocable or Living trust. Why? Because a donor had made one and specified this. To put it simply, and in laymen terms. All they did was purchase the balance... according to legal guidelines defining the amount based on expected and average lifespans and the value of the property. And it was all overseen and drafted by a lawyer.

They were then clear to sell it to whomover they chose, whenever they chose.

Nothing shady or illegal about it

This post has been edited by Ian: Feb 22 2008, 11:56 AM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Feb 22 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #64

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Feb 22 2008, 07:28 AM) *
Given your association with Linda, you can address my questions about Linda's contact or relationship with the doctor recently?

1. Is Linda still in communications with the Norwegian doctor? Just a Yes or a No will suffice.

2. When was the last time she saw him? Just a date, like January XX, 200X.

3. What is the current status of their friendship/relationship? Feel free to be expansive here.

Tokyo Rose: "Right now, soldier boy, you girl back in Illinois is with other man. Give up, soldier boy, you no win."

+Quote Post
Ian
post Feb 22 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #65

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Feb 22 2008, 11:40 AM) *
Tokyo Rose: "Right now, soldier boy, you girl back in Illinois is with other man. Give up, soldier boy, you no win."

So many who demand answers and bring up every little peice of minutia and dirt they can find or surmise about, when it comes to DS and 3ABN, and any related to or associated with them, and they are never offended by this or say a word about how it's nobody's business to any one doing this with them., but suddenly they become very offended, claim it's nobody's business, start issuing insults and personal criticisms,and reveal a strange allergy when there are any questions asked of them in direct relation to any issues being discussed.

I find this very strange and unexplainable behavior which I can see no justification for...

This post has been edited by Ian: Feb 22 2008, 10:52 AM

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Feb 22 2008, 10:55 AM
Post #66

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(appletree @ Feb 22 2008, 11:31 AM) *
There isn't a thing wrong with that picture. The word tell us to "occupy" until He comes. That means that though we think time is short we still have to lay future plans in case our time table is not God's time table. This is nitpicking to the nth degree.

Thanks for checking in occasionally to "correct" us with your personal opinions.

Towards the end, there were probably times when Paul had wished he'd taken your advice and not believed as he did so strongly. He knew well what he meant about the shortness of time...
1Cor 7:29-31 What I mean, brothers, is that the time is short. From now on those who have wives should live as if they had none; those who mourn, as if they did not; those who are happy, as if they were not; those who buy something, as if it were not theirs to keep; those who use the things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world in its present form is passing away.

...but not sure you do.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Feb 22 2008, 10:57 AM
Post #67

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Ian @ Feb 22 2008, 10:50 AM) *
So many who demand answers and bring up every little piece of minutia and dirt they can find or surmise about, when it comes to DS and 3ABN, and any related to or associated with them, and they are never offended by this or say a word about how it's nobody's business to any one doing this with them., but suddenly they become very offended, claim it's nobody's business, start issuing insults and personal criticisms,and reveal a strange allergy when there are any questions asked of them in direct relation to any issues being discussed.
I find this very strange and unexplainable behavior which I can see no justification for...

So sorry if I struck a nerve. smile.gif

+Quote Post
appletree
post Feb 22 2008, 11:00 AM
Post #68

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Feb 21 2008, 01:07 PM) *
I am sorry, I just think I am old school aobut such things, but this does not look right to me. There is no reason under the sun to me that you, Appletree, should have so much comtempt for Linda. This is truly inappropriate and gives the impresion of an inapprpriate relationship between you and Linda.

This doesnt look right to you????? Let's see if I have this right. I have known Linda for years. Spent time around her. Watched her in the work place but I have no right to give my opinion of her character. But, you, on the other hand, can show contempt, disgust and share your accusations with the world concerning Danny whom you have never even met!!!!
Right this makes total sense. blink.gif Good old bsda double standards again.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Feb 22 2008, 11:04 AM
Post #69

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ian @ Feb 22 2008, 11:38 AM) *
Laurence, no offense, but I think the point just wooshed right over your head.

And you're the one who said you'd not have any further dialogue w/moi?

And Shinny Penny is the one who said not to be shy about sharing sources of information (as in his reliable Joy/Pickle sources)?

What are we to think of you two? :wink:

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Feb 22 2008, 11:14 AM
Post #70

500 + posts
Group Icon

princessdi, one can only conclude AP loves his kind of circular logic...and if Linda were to have treated him the way he treated her? "Do unto others"...maybe he'd like to finish the rest and let it rest.

--------------------

+Quote Post
appletree
post Feb 22 2008, 11:21 AM
Post #71

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Feb 22 2008, 07:22 AM) *
The quote is of interest. However, does it relieve Linda of responsibility? She signed the documents. The transfer, I suspect, was discussed at a board meeting. She was board secretary and may have been taking minutes, but at least certainly she was awake. So I have a hard time buying the excuse that she was slipped some documents by Danny to sign and knew nothing of what she was signing.

And to carry the thought further, assuming that she was paying a slight bit of attention to what she was signing...what did she say or do at the time to point out that she thought there was something inappropriate or even illegal?

As you have obviously noticed, there are 2 sets of standards here. One is for Danny, the other (completely different) set for Linda. This subject is just one of several that has been dumped in Danny's lap as if Linda never existed. Do people actually think that attorney's didn't draw up the transaction for this house? Do people not realize that it was examined at the board meeting by people who have run businesses forever. In essence Danny (alone) did something illegal and not one person including the attorney involved didn't recognize it?

Similar to all the comments about Danny (alone) and the plane that 3abn had access to. Danny traveled in a private plane...Danny thought he was a star because of his mode of travel....Danny certainly must have no morals to be so self indulgent.

The reality is that Linda was in that plane just as much as Danny. Danny wasn't the one who made sure an extra seat was left vacant in case he wanted to "stretch out". In fact, Danny usually set up front on a hard bench seat so others could sit in the more comfortable seats. Danny wasn't the one who continually caused delays in leaving for their 3abn trips and he wasn't the one that always came into the churches late because of primping. Danny wasn't the one who had over 300 outfits in his closet not counting the casual stuff.
Now let's address these taxes and whatnot that Pickle likes to make a mountain out of. Linda handled the finances. She picked up both of their checks every week (actually she had her secretary bring them to her.) She cashed them, gave Danny a very small "allowance" then she paid the bills and/or spent the rest. Most of the time, he never knew where it went. That explains the shock when he helped her move and saw the amount of clothes and shoes. Linda has denied having anything to do with the finances...everything she signed, she did it because she was told to. According to her, Danny handled all the finances. Yet, it has been easy to prove differently with thousands of cancelled checks written by her for all their monthly bills as well as her own purchases.

The people here can pretend all they want that poor Linda didn't know or understand anything that went on around her. That could possibly be the biggest lie told here.

This post has been edited by appletree: Feb 22 2008, 11:22 AM

+Quote Post
Ian
post Feb 22 2008, 11:26 AM
Post #72

Advanced Member

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Feb 22 2008, 12:04 PM) *
And you're the one who said you'd not have any further dialogue w/moi?

Paraphrase? but no I did not say that. I said not to expect more replies from me in another thread, and told you good-bye, because I considered the type of arguments being made, ( like this is turning into) a waste of my time...

And Shinny Penny is the one who said not to be shy about sharing sources of information (as in his reliable Joy/Pickle sources)? What are we to think of you two? :wink:

You appear to be mixing us up, and even what we each have said. Considering how we have both corrected you and you persist with no legitimate reason given.... a better question you might ask yourself is what are we (and others) to think of you?

I, myself, don't find your winking or your replies cute.

Moving on..

This post has been edited by Ian: Feb 22 2008, 11:28 AM

+Quote Post
appletree
post Feb 22 2008, 11:26 AM
Post #73

Advanced Member

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Feb 22 2008, 10:55 AM) *
Thanks for checking in occasionally to "correct" us with your personal opinions.

Towards the end, there were probably times when Paul had wished he'd taken your advice and not believed as he did so strongly. He knew well what he meant about the shortness of time...
1Cor 7:29-31 What I mean, brothers, is that the time is short. From now on those who have wives should live as if they had none; those who mourn, as if they did not; those who are happy, as if they were not; those who buy something, as if it were not theirs to keep; those who use the things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world in its present form is passing away.

...but not sure you do.

So, I am assuming you made no preparation toward retirement?? Housing situations?? Pensions??? In fact do you pay your bills? If so why? Time is short, so don't worry about it. You will be translated before they can send you to jail.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Feb 22 2008, 11:31 AM
Post #74

Advanced Member

QUOTE(appletree @ Feb 22 2008, 12:00 PM) *
This doesnt look right to you????? Let's see if I have this right. I have known Linda for years. Spent time around her. Watched her in the work place but I have no right to give my opinion of her character. But, you, on the other hand, can show contempt, disgust and share your accusations with the world concerning Danny whom you have never even met!!!!

And even show contempt, disgust, and share her accusations about you and others posting here who see things differently than herself, while finding fault with others for that? huh.gif

Does that look right? dunno.gif

This post has been edited by Ian: Feb 22 2008, 11:34 AM

+Quote Post
lurker
post Feb 22 2008, 11:37 AM
Post #75

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

[/quote] they already had a lifetime interest in the house they lived in according to what is legally called a Revocable or Living trust. Why? Because a donor had made one and specified this. To put it simply, and in laymen terms. All they did was purchase the balance... according to legal guidelines defining the amount based on expected and average lifespans and the value of the property. And it was all overseen and drafted by a lawyer.

They were then clear to sell it to whomover they chose, whenever they chose.

Nothing shady or illegal about it
[/quote]

That might have been ok if 3ABN hadn't been involved but once 3ABN was involved it became illegal especially the gift to them of a lifetime interest. It doesn't matter that a donor had made this Revocable or Living Trust and specified this.

This post has been edited by lurker: Feb 22 2008, 11:48 AM

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 10:43 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church