Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20348&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 11:43:50 AM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

31 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rumors, Lies, & False Accusations Travel With Joy, Confronting AT and Gailon with Truth
LaurenceD
post Feb 22 2008, 11:43 AM
Post #76

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,035

You may not be aware of it, appletree, but I quote the Bible so others can evaluate your shallow responses.

I can only imagine what Christ would have had to say about you folks and your crafty excuses and obvious hypocrisies...trying to play logical leapfrog with your educators...instead of taking the issues directly to heart.

And there seems to be no shame. Most revealing.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ian
post Feb 22 2008, 11:45 AM
Post #77

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(lurker @ Feb 22 2008, 12:37 PM) *
they already had a lifetime interest in the house they lived in according to what is legally called a Revocable or Living trust. Why? Because a donor had made one and specified this. To put it simply, and in laymen terms. All they did was purchase the balance... according to legal guidelines defining the amount based on expected and average lifespans and the value of the property. And it was all overseen and drafted by a lawyer.

They were then clear to sell it to whomover they chose, whenever they chose.

Nothing shady or illegal about it.

That might have been ok if 3ABN hadn't been involved but once 3ABN was involved it became illegal including and especially the gift of a lifetime interest. I doesn't matter that a donor had made this Revocable or Living and specified this. Selling it and the rest is camoflage or was meant to be

Did you notice that what Dr Thompson said was backed up by the very documents Pickle has published, or that you are giving your opinion that it was illegal and camoflage, and you have not cited anything to back that up, or even given a legitimate reason to disagree as you are doing?

Blank denial is usually not a good sign, nor are accusations without proof.

This post has been edited by Ian: Feb 22 2008, 11:54 AM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 22 2008, 11:57 AM
Post #78

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Uh, first of all, you gots the wrong Gurl, and you would want to check your attitude with me. So, save your venom for those who are actually scared of you.

Secondly, It is not that you have a negative opinion of Linda it is the tenor and nature of said opinion. It is not of one who has worked with, etc. but of some with a closer relationship.....jus tlike you don't croosed that thin line from love to hate.

Thirdly, you have not ever heard me show comtempt for Danny. I just state the facts,. I don't like or dislike Danny because Idont' know him, but I doo see some fruit of his deeds....some good....establishing 3ABN, etc. some not so good like tossing his wife of twenty years on a rouse to marry somebody younger. None of us are perfect. Remember it was I who caused everyone to stop and pray for Danny when he was ill? He is yet and still a child of God and my Brother in Christ. I do disservice to God by calling myself a Christian, yet hating His child. SP, is right about one thing when a person is public people will talk about their buisness......that I really dont' like. However, when someone who claims to represent the SDA church of which I am a part, and he puts his ungodly business in the street for the world to know.....then yes, I can have an opinion. I would not know anything about Danny or his business if this mess had not come out about their divorce. I would not know anymore than the simple fact that they got a divorce, if Danny himself had not come here telling lies about it and plastered statements all over the world wide web and TV. He forgot that when he called himself putting Linda's business in the street, his went right along with it.

QUOTE(appletree @ Feb 22 2008, 09:00 AM) *
This doesnt look right to you????? Let's see if I have this right. I have known Linda for years. Spent time around her. Watched her in the work place but I have no right to give my opinion of her character. But, you, on the other hand, can show contempt, disgust and share your accusations with the world concerning Danny whom you have never even met!!!!
Right this makes total sense. blink.gif Good old bsda double standards again.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Feb 22 2008, 11:58 AM
Post #79

500 + posts
Group Icon

You appear to be unfamiliar with the code Ian, and so in fear you keep expanding your responses--as noted above. Someone's keeping track.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 22 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #80

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

No, you didn't! nono.gif What have I said about either of you personally? The one and only thing that I maintain is that you share the IDs used here, and since we are now not moderating this forum for that, hey! That is not even a problem.

Remember, I was the one trying to get everyone to play nice during Christmas, and to encourage everyone to disagree with out being disagreeable. Plus, I have been the one posting that this whole entire mess and ALL involved are a mess right along with it....both sides. They are of little difference to me at this point. So that is for those who agree with me about Danny and his wrongs and those who don't. Also, if you both have read, I have never, ever maintianed innnocence of Linda at any time. I am merely of the opinion that her and Danny are playing this game. Danny thought he got the upper hand by shutting her down with that gag order, but shot himself in the foot in that people are now holding ONLY him responsible for the abususes and problems at 3ABN for the enitre 20+year period. If I were Linda I would keep silent, too. You two would know that had you even read ALL my posts. You and Appletree got me mixed up with somebody else...once again, you have the wrong Gurl......I am sorry if stating the simple truth cuts you to the bone and it feels like comtempt.

Now to tell you the turth, I don't dislike anyone on this board and really and truly hope that we can ALL get together at GC, I think it would be awesome. However, please don't take my kindness for weakness. I am really of a tmeperment that really doesn't need friends, but treasure the ones I have. I feel no need to make nice to get people to like me, and will only consider your opinion of me important if you are paying my bills. Since neither of you are doing that, you would want to save that breath about what you think about me, it will only get you in trouble, yet one more time with administration here, and I will get no fatter of skinnier worrying it.

QUOTE(Ian @ Feb 22 2008, 09:31 AM) *
And even show contempt, disgust, and share her accusations about you and others posting here who see things differently than herself, while finding fault with others for that? huh.gif

Does that look right? dunno.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Feb 22 2008, 12:19 PM
Post #81

500 + posts
Group Icon

The people here can pretend all they want that poor Linda didn't know or understand anything that went on around her. That could possibly be the biggest lie told here.

The rancor, malignity, and inveterate hate-talk seen and understood in your posts is not dissimilar from the words angry married couples use on each other the first few years of joint counseling sessions.

Get over it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 22 2008, 12:25 PM
Post #82

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

That's ALL I', sayin' LD!!!

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Feb 22 2008, 10:19 AM) *
The rancor, malignity, and inveterate hate-talk seen and understood in your posts is not dissimilar from the words angry married couples use on each other the first few years of joint counseling sessions.

Get over it.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
lurker
post Feb 22 2008, 01:40 PM
Post #83

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

QUOTE(Ian @ Feb 22 2008, 12:45 PM) *
That might have been ok if 3ABN hadn't been involved but once 3ABN was involved it became illegal including and especially the gift of a lifetime interest. I doesn't matter that a donor had made this Revocable or Living and specified this. Selling it and the rest is camoflage or was meant to be

Did you notice that what Dr Thompson said was backed up by the very documents Pickle has published, or that you are giving your opinion that it was illegal and camoflage, and you have not cited anything to back that up, or even given a legitimate reason to disagree as you are doing?

Blank denial is usually not a good sign, nor are accusations without proof.

Almost as soon as I had posted it, I edited my post to remove the sentance about camoflage because I realize that no one can read minds. Sorry.

I do not excuse Linda for what she may have done in the past. It is not for me to blame or excuse. I do not excuse myself for anything I have done in the past. Once sins are repented of, confessed and forgiven though, they are covered by the blood of Jesus. I do not like blaming one's sins on others. It sounds too much like Adam and Eve in the garden "The woman gave to me and I did eat". And "the serpent said"...

I and others have discussed the personal private inurement restrictions on 501C3's . This is what I was referring to when I said it was illegal. There may be difference of opinion among lawyers about what is legal and illegal. That is why we have courts. Some codes are written in black and white though and are really not open to interpretation. Even lawyers make mistakes. No one can be expected to know everything.

+Quote Post
daylily
post Feb 22 2008, 03:41 PM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

Something I don't understand is how appletree knows how many outfits Linda had in her closet, how she made people late by primping, who sat where on the jet, etc.

But then he didn't actually say it was Linda, just implied it.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Feb 22 2008, 03:44 PM
Post #85

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Ian @ Feb 22 2008, 10:38 AM) *
Pickle claimed they bought the hoiuse for less than it's value, and than resold it and profited in a ilegal, or shady manner because of how it was done...

No. 3ABN claimed on its 1998 Form 990 that they sold the house for far less than its value. They claimed it, not me.

QUOTE(Ian @ Feb 22 2008, 10:38 AM) *
But that isn't true, and they didn't they already had a lifetime interest in the house they lived in according to what is legally called a Revocable or Living trust. Why? Because a donor had made one and specified this.

So if I give money to 3ABN I can put strongs on it and tell them to give me a life estate in a certain property? And a life estate in the same property to a couple of friends of mine? Who happen to be officers and directors of 3ABN? I don't think so.

I do not beleive that the property was orignally in May Chung's name. I believe she put up the money and 3ABN bought it.

Now, did she treat that donation as fully tax deductible?

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Feb 22 2008, 03:44 PM
Post #86

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Ian @ Feb 22 2008, 11:45 AM) *
Did you notice that what Dr Thompson said was backed up by the very documents Pickle has published ....?

Huh?

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 22 2008, 04:11 PM
Post #87

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Naw, daylily, he has more than implied all of that. That is the exact inappropriateness I am talking about. commenting on ones actions form the outside is one thing, but the level of "intimacy" in his posts are quite another. Knowing her for years and seeing her at work, just doesnt' cut it.......

QUOTE(daylily @ Feb 22 2008, 01:41 PM) *
Something I don't understand is how appletree knows how many outfits Linda had in her closet, how she made people late by primping, who sat where on the jet, etc.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Feb 22 2008, 04:58 PM
Post #88

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(Pickle @ Feb 22 2008, 02:44 PM) *
No. 3ABN claimed on its 1998 Form 990 that they sold the house for far less than its value. They claimed it, not me.

So if I give money to 3ABN I can put strongs on it and tell them to give me a life estate in a certain property? And a life estate in the same property to a couple of friends of mine? Who happen to be officers and directors of 3ABN? I don't think so.

No need to "think" in this instance. 3ABN nor any other party need worry that you will be giving a few dollars, much less hundreds or thousands of dollars anytime soon for you to putting strings on. So it is a meaningless question.

I do not beleive that the property was orignally in May Chung's name. I believe she put up the money and 3ABN bought it.

Now, did she treat that donation as fully tax deductible?

Come now! Surely you must believe that Danny slipped May Chung those papers and she signed them without paying any attention and would, according to your reasoning, be just as innocent of any wrong doing as Linda.

Does it ever occur to you, Pickle, that it is impossible for everyone to be in the wrong except for Linda? But for goodness sakes' ... we are a little bit smart around here. This may not be Sabbath School, but it's not Kindergarten either.

This post has been edited by Shiny Penny: Feb 22 2008, 05:00 PM

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Feb 22 2008, 05:12 PM
Post #89

Advanced Member

QUOTE(daylily @ Feb 22 2008, 02:41 PM) *

I don't know how AT knew she had 300 outfits, who knows, maybe he/she helped the Shelton's move them all from the $6,000 house to the new one. All things considered though, she was a TV personality and you can hardly imagine a woman who was on TV all the time wearing the same outfit twice hardly, much less all the time. I'm surprised it was only 300!

Pickle needs to report back to us on what Linda is saying about her handling the family budget and paying all the bills, as AT has indicated.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Feb 22 2008, 05:46 PM
Post #90

Advanced Member

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Feb 22 2008, 10:43 AM) *
I can only imagine what Christ would have had to say about you folks and your crafty excuses and obvious hypocrisies...trying to play logical leapfrog with your educators...instead of taking the issues directly to heart.

Truly the pot is calling the kettle black. yawn.gif

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 10:43 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church