Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8215&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:59:39 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hezekiah Walker....., out of the closet?
Rating 5 V
Clay
post Feb 24 2006, 02:59 AM
Post #1

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

My brother called me and told me, but I didn't believe it... then I got an email with this info.....

Hezekiah Walker, a minister of the Pentecostal faith and one of the most renowned Black ministers in America, has left his cloth in dramatic fashion. Due to a controversial life of secret homosexuality, Walker has come out of the closet during an extremely bitter divorce from his longtime wife Monique Walker.

According to affiliates close to the family, Monique had long feared there was another side to her husbands sexuality and suspected that her thoughts were confirmed when her husband infected her with a sexually transmitted disease. After confronting Hezekiah about the disease, he fessed up and admitted to carrying on an affair with a man who lives as a transvestite. Sources also said that Walker forced his wife and children from their home so that he could live together with his gay lover.

Walker's Down-Low lifestyle even more unbelievable because he is one of the biggest Pastors that is totally against gay life. The Grammy Winning Pastor is expected to step down from his post officially next month.

SOURCE:

http://www.mediatakeout.com/exclusive8.html

Has anyone heard any different?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Feb 24 2006, 04:56 AM
Post #2

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 339

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 24 2006, 02:59 AM) *
My brother called me and told me, but I didn't believe it... then I got an email with this info.....

Hezekiah Walker, a minister of the Pentecostal faith and one of the most renowned Black ministers in America, has left his cloth in dramatic fashion. Due to a controversial life of secret homosexuality, Walker has come out of the closet during an extremely bitter divorce from his longtime wife Monique Walker.

According to affiliates close to the family, Monique had long feared there was another side to her husbands sexuality and suspected that her thoughts were confirmed when her husband infected her with a sexually transmitted disease. After confronting Hezekiah about the disease, he fessed up and admitted to carrying on an affair with a man who lives as a transvestite. Sources also said that Walker forced his wife and children from their home so that he could live together with his gay lover.

Walker's Down-Low lifestyle even more unbelievable because he is one of the biggest Pastors that is totally against gay life. The Grammy Winning Pastor is expected to step down from his post officially next month.

SOURCE:

Man these guys ought to be ashamed of themselves if this is true...Do they not believe the scripture where it says "HE WHO FINDS A WIFE FINDS A GOOD THING" anymore... sad.gif

+Quote Post
Denny
post Feb 24 2006, 05:40 AM
Post #3

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

If its untrue, he can sue if he doesn't ... well. I wondered why his wife was no longer his lead singer on his albums. Wow!

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 24 2006, 05:42 AM
Post #4

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Denny @ Feb 24 2006, 05:40 AM) *
If its untrue, he can sue if he doesn't ... well. I wondered why his wife was no longer his lead singer on his albums. Wow!

I was looking for some outside info to confirm it before I posted it.... apparently this news is making the rounds....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denny
post Feb 24 2006, 05:43 AM
Post #5

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ Feb 24 2006, 10:56 AM) *
Man these guys ought to be ashamed of themselves if this is true...Do they not believe the scripture where it says "HE WHO FINDS A WIFE FINDS A GOOD THING" anymore... sad.gif

If a man is attracted to only men it doesn't matter how good the wife is. sad.gif
Do you think if the black community/Black christian community was less homophobic it would make it easier for black gay men to come out of the closet and spare women and themselves the heartache of marriage?

--------------------
Queen Den

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 24 2006, 05:46 AM
Post #6

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Denny @ Feb 24 2006, 05:43 AM) *
If a man is attracted to only men it doesn't matter how good the wife is. sad.gif
Do you think if the black community/Black christian community was less homophobic it would make it easier for black gay men to come out of the closet and spare women and themselves the heartache of marriage?

perhaps.... remember though the black church (not the black sda church, but the black christian church) is guilty of exploiting the talents of homosexual men and then rejecting them when or if it is found out that they are gay....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denny
post Feb 24 2006, 05:49 AM
Post #7

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 24 2006, 11:46 AM) *
perhaps.... remember though the black church (not the black sda church, but the black christian church) is guilty of exploiting the talents of homosexual men and then rejecting them when or if it is found out that they are gay....

Too true, there is another gospel artist, one of my favourites, that I suspect is gay, well He gets my gaydar going but I could be very wrong. What is the correlation between gospel music and gay black men? scratchchin.gif

--------------------
Queen Den

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Feb 24 2006, 07:58 AM
Post #8

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

QUOTE(Denny @ Feb 24 2006, 06:49 AM) *
Too true, there is another gospel artist, one of my favourites, that I suspect is gay, well He gets my gaydar going but I could be very wrong. What is the correlation between gospel music and gay black men? scratchchin.gif

Good question...but it's a sad one?

+Quote Post
remnantrob
post Feb 24 2006, 08:06 AM
Post #9

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,355

I heard he was "gay" in like 2001 along with a host of other gospel greats... Richard Smallwood, Donnie(used to be) Mcklurkin, Tonex, etc. I guess those stereotypes of gays being very artistic(musically) have some weight to it. flirt.gif

this post was edited for content by the moderating team...

This post has been edited by Clay: Feb 24 2006, 09:02 AM

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Feb 24 2006, 09:32 AM
Post #10

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

It is true! he has been on the DL for a few years at least (not a secret in the industry).... sadwalk.gif Apparently, Hezekiah has officially "come out" now as it was on a local radio station in Nashville yesterday--apparently this is news breaking because he was "actually caught" with another man....

I am praying for everyone involved....

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 24 2006, 02:59 AM) *

SOURCE:

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
mickid
post Feb 24 2006, 10:27 AM
Post #11

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 439

My thing is why bring other innocent people into it like a wife and kids. dunno.gif

This post has been edited by mickid: Feb 24 2006, 10:27 AM

--------------------
aka Michelle

Listen to the best Gospel Music on the internet at The Gospel Hot Spot

Difficult moments, SEEK GOD.
Quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.

+Quote Post
Denny
post Feb 24 2006, 10:29 AM
Post #12

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(mickid @ Feb 24 2006, 04:27 PM) *
My thing is why bring other innocent people into it like a wife and kids. dunno.gif

Fear factor? Being in denial?

--------------------
Queen Den

+Quote Post
MzUzuri
post Feb 24 2006, 10:31 AM
Post #13

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 211

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Feb 24 2006, 07:32 AM) *
It is true! he has been on the DL for a few years at least (not a secret in the industry).... sadwalk.gif Apparently, Hezekiah has officially "come out" now as it was on a local radio station in Nashville yesterday--apparently this is news breaking because he was "actually caught" with another man....

I am praying for everyone involved....

WOW, this is the first I've heard about this matter! Shocking to say the least.

Needless to say, this is the right thing to do. Now, the question is, will he continue making CD's?! Will the gospel community stand by him?

--------------------
"Walk in the Light...Jesus the Light of the world"

"Be ye ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh" (Matt. 24:44)

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Feb 24 2006, 10:45 AM
Post #14

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

They will stand by him as long as he acknowledges that it is sin and is seeking deliverance from this lifestyle...which at this time, does not seem likely... sadwalk.gif

We can only pray....

QUOTE(MzUzuri @ Feb 24 2006, 10:31 AM) *
WOW, this is the first I've heard about this matter! Shocking to say the least.
Needless to say, this is the right thing to do. Now, the question is, will he continue making CD's?! Will the gospel community stand by him?

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
missthg
post Feb 24 2006, 11:34 AM
Post #15

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 9

My aunt sent me the same link yesterday! It's just ridiculous that these men treat women and innocent children like this. The kids didn't asked to be brought up here. Why live the lie? I would think that it's easier to just be out there and let the world know - everyone else who's gay wants you to know it..... snack.gif

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 24 2006, 12:59 AM) *

SOURCE:

--------------------
life is too short to knit with ugly yarn....
www.knitfloozy.blogspot.com

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church