Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=180 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:49:33 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
Panama_Pete
post Apr 10 2006, 01:49 PM
Post #181

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 522

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Apr 10 2006, 12:44 PM) [snapback]126041[/snapback]

He does not mention her by name; the allusions he makes to the circumstances surrounding her replacement cannot be construed by any reasonable person as 'speaking well of her'

In His service,
Mr. J

That's true,

There are hidden messages that reach people who are sensitized to them, but they pass over the heads of the other good people. They are messages that have "deniability." The speaker can always say he meant something totally different, and it's just the listener's own imagination.

When 3ABN's "recent problems" were mentioned, I heard this oblique phrase:

"We shall counteract the counterfeit, not BE the counterfeit."

And when they spoke of the future of 3ABN after the storm passes, I heard this one:

"And the gates of HELL shall not prevail against it."

There was verbal emphasis on the words in CAPITALS.

That's why I think some posters are picking up on the slams and some are hearing absolutely nothing. Each group of listeners thinks the other group is mistaken. Each group is telling the truth, because we all filter language and feelings differently - just like we filter our e-mail.

It amazing the the Lord made each one of us as a unique human being.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 10 2006, 01:52 PM
Post #182

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Apr 10 2006, 03:49 PM) [snapback]126061[/snapback]

There are hidden messages that reach people who are sensitized to them, but they pass over the heads of the other good people. They are messages that have "deniability." The speaker can always say he meant something totally different, and it's just the listener's own imagination.

We get a lot of that around here... mebbe it's an Adventist thing fa sho....

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Apr 10 2006, 02:22 PM
Post #183

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 10 2006, 10:44 AM) [snapback]126008[/snapback]

I wonder too Sarah what people know or are we just fueling the flames of idle gossip. Danny has been accused here of dragging Linda’s name through the mud, embarrassing her, etc. My wife has 3ABN on for 12 hours a day on Sabbath. I and my wife have never heard Dan address this publicly either. Even in his personal email to me that I published here he never lambasted Linda.

It appears that Linda and Danny have put this behind them and moved on with their lives, good for them.

I agree... yes.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 10 2006, 02:55 PM
Post #184

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

If he continues to refer to that period of his life with veiled language, or suggest that he has recently overcome a "great trial" then he has not moved on....

When a child of the Creator mistreats another child of the Creator, is it possible for the child who has done the mistreating to go on with their lives without any attempt to right that wrong?

Amo 5:20-24
(20) The day when the LORD judges will be dark, very dark, without a ray of light.
(21) I, the LORD, hate and despise your religious celebrations and your times of worship.
(22) I won't accept your offerings or animal sacrifices-- not even your very best.

(23) No more of your noisy songs! I won't listen when you play your harps.
(24) But let justice and fairness flow like a river that never runs dry.

Now why did God say that? Because of this:

Amo 5:10-13
(10) Israel, you hate anyone who speaks out against injustice. You are disgusted by anyone who speaks the truth.
(11) You trample on the poor and take their wheat from them for taxes. That is why you build houses from hand-cut stones, but you will not live in them. You plant beautiful vineyards, but you will not drink their wine.
(12) I know that your crimes are numerous and your sins are many. You oppress the righteous by taking bribes. You deny the needy access to the courts.
(13) That is why a wise person remains silent at such times, because those times are so evil.

God's chosen people were taking advantage of the poor, they were not being fair or just and God said I cannot STAND your worship, your sacrifices, or your music... instead show justice, fairness, and mercy.....

This post has been edited by Clay: Apr 10 2006, 03:01 PM

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 10 2006, 03:16 PM
Post #185

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Go on and Preach!!!! Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!!!!
QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 10 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]126079[/snapback]

If he continues to refer to that period of his life with veiled language, or suggest that he has recently overcome a "great trial" then he has not moved on....

When a child of the Creator mistreats another child of the Creator, is it possible for the child who has done the mistreating to go on with their lives without any attempt to right that wrong?

Amo 5:20-24
(20) The day when the LORD judges will be dark, very dark, without a ray of light.
(21) I, the LORD, hate and despise your religious celebrations and your times of worship.
(22) I won't accept your offerings or animal sacrifices-- not even your very best.

(23) No more of your noisy songs! I won't listen when you play your harps.
(24) But let justice and fairness flow like a river that never runs dry.

Now why did God say that? Because of this:

Amo 5:10-13
(10) Israel, you hate anyone who speaks out against injustice. You are disgusted by anyone who speaks the truth.
(11) You trample on the poor and take their wheat from them for taxes. That is why you build houses from hand-cut stones, but you will not live in them. You plant beautiful vineyards, but you will not drink their wine.
(12) I know that your crimes are numerous and your sins are many. You oppress the righteous by taking bribes. You deny the needy access to the courts.
(13) That is why a wise person remains silent at such times, because those times are so evil.
God's chosen people were taking advantage of the poor, they were not being fair or just and God said I cannot STAND your worship, your sacrifices, or your music... instead show justice, fairness, and mercy.....

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 10 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #186

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 10 2006, 02:36 PM) [snapback]126056[/snapback]

..... Allwe got is pastors and conference officials welcoming Brandi to the family. All of them are going to be crispy! Ooops!! Sorry that one slipped!! LOL!!!

This is the problem we face when we don't call as we see them. There is no justifying.....

Brandi was brought on stage at PMC and introduced as his "blessed" wife - {so I heard....}

dry.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
vcpa
post Apr 10 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #187

Advanced Member

Member No.: 580

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Apr 10 2006, 04:21 PM) [snapback]126087[/snapback]

Brandi was brought on stage at PMC and introduced as his "blessed" wife - {so I heard....}

dry.gif

Excuse my ignorance, but what's PMC??

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 10 2006, 04:51 PM
Post #188

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(vcpa @ Apr 10 2006, 05:05 PM) [snapback]126099[/snapback]

Excuse my ignorance, but what's PMC??

Pioneer Memorial Church, it is located on the grounds of Andrews University.

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Apr 11 2006, 04:35 AM
Post #189

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

I've noticed little things like that, all passed off as 'jokes'. My English teacher in school years ago said she wanted to come to the kitchen to hear us sing. It's still alive and well today, that 'good ole doctrine'.

Priscilla

The Bible says that we are neither Greek or Jew, slave or free, males or female (and may I add black or white) but we are all one in Christ Jesus. That makes it our responsibility, too. There may be more black faces on 3ABN, but it is not because Danny loves the race. He is still the same "good old boy from southern Illinois" that he has always been. He is just looking to expend his platform of financial supporters. I still remember when he had some of the young folks from our college on his show and told them that of course there are no black angels, everyone knows that all the angels are white.

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Apr 11 2006, 06:38 AM
Post #190

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

It appears that Linda and Danny have put this behind them and moved on with their lives, good for them.

I think it would be a good thing for many to do here also...btjm... scratchchin.gif

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 11 2006, 07:11 AM
Post #191

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ Apr 11 2006, 06:38 AM) [snapback]126164[/snapback]

I think it would be a good thing for many to do here also...btjm... scratchchin.gif

THe problem here is that according to Linda's letter, she has been trying to extend a hand of love and put it all behind her. But the Board Chairman, Dr. Thompson, released this letter condemning Linda in broadest terms when, according to the terms of her separation contract she can not reply in the same broadest terms. She cannot speak against 3ABN or its employees without losing her seperation monthly checks until next December. On the 5th of this month an open letter was written smearing her all over again. If you have not read it, look on Adventist Forum and the '3ABN topics' and go to 'Dr. Thompson's letter' and read it for yourselves. I do not know if you have posted it or not. They seem to be drudging up all the past accusations they have made against her--plus more. In my reasoning, this letter was written to defend Danny's recent marriage to Brandy. Please, again, Friends, do not blame Brandy for all this--Brandy and her children need our prayers--not our blame. Danny and his Board are responsible for all this latest 'drudging up' just when things were settling down and Linda was extending a hand of love.

3ABN must survive to spread the word of God, but it may not if this kind of activity continues to spread. Many have stop paying their donations alreaady. The replacement of the heads of 3ABN is the thing which may put all of this behind us. Remember that God is in charge. For yourselves, pray about it and God will guide you in what you do.

+Quote Post
denisebyers
post Apr 11 2006, 07:33 AM
Post #192

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,654

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 11 2006, 08:11 AM) [snapback]126167[/snapback]

THe problem here is that according to Linda's letter, she has been trying to extend a hand of love and put it all behind her. But the Board Chairman, Dr. Thompson, released this letter condemning Linda in broadest terms when, according to the terms of her separation contract she can not reply in the same broadest terms. She cannot speak against 3ABN or its employees without losing her seperation monthly checks until next December. On the 5th of this month an open letter was written smearing her all over again. If you have not read it, look on Adventist Forum and the '3ABN topics' and go to 'Dr. Thompson's letter' and read it for yourselves. I do not know if you have posted it or not. They seem to be drudging up all the past accusations they have made against her--plus more. In my reasoning, this letter was written to defend Danny's recent marriage to Brandy. Please, again, Friends, do not blame Brandy for all this--Brandy and her children need our prayers--not our blame. Danny and his Board are responsible for all this latest 'drudging up' just when things were settling down and Linda was extending a hand of love.

3ABN must survive to spread the word of God, but it may not if this kind of activity continues to spread. Many have stop paying their donations alreaady. The replacement of the heads of 3ABN is the thing which may put all of this behind us. Remember that God is in charge. For yourselves, pray about it and God will guide you in what you do.

Very interesting.........I have read the letter myself at the forum, for I am also a member of Adventist Forum. I understand what your saying, Summertime.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 11 2006, 07:39 AM
Post #193

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ Apr 11 2006, 06:38 AM) [snapback]126164[/snapback]

when its resolved perhaps it will be... however it is seems that there is still some loose ends...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 11 2006, 08:05 AM
Post #194

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 11 2006, 08:39 AM) [snapback]126169[/snapback]

when its resolved perhaps it will be... however it is seems that there is still some loose ends...

I agree, but I think that there are probably still enough loose threads to knit a lovely thick sweater for a huge man.

The questions about Danny and Linda are only the tip of the iceberg. A small visible formation to warn us that there are alot of other issues about Danny Shelton and 3ABN that "lie" below the surface and that is where the real danger is located. Any man who begins his ministry founded on "a first miracle" that can be easily proven to be nothing more than a lie, should be suspect. When two of the current top people in his ministry are the ones, Molly and Hal Steenson, who suggested the "miracle" and were willing to forge documents to substanciate it and over the years both they and Danny have continued to sell it to the people---there is a lot more going on "in the name of God" at 3ABN than you can imagine.

There are those of us who were there over the years and know the truth, but for the sake of the ministry we have remained silent, believing the greater good was served. Hoping and praying that Danny would be able to humble himself before the Lord and allow Him to lift him up. But that has not happened and now the ministry is strong enough that the truth can be told and know that the ministry can easily survive the removable of Danny, Molly and Hal. I pray that a wind of truth directed by the Holy Spirit will sweep through 3ABN and that all the deceit and self-serving that has been allowed to go on will be revealed in the light of day. There are also other "players" at 3ABN, the first place to begin looking is the chariman of the board...

+Quote Post
Observer
post Apr 11 2006, 08:13 AM
Post #195

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 11 2006, 07:11 AM) [snapback]126167[/snapback]

God is in charge. God will accomplish His will. But, that does not mean that 3ABN is required to accomplish God's will. God can remove, and God can replace. Some people think that Hope TV is being positioned to be a replacement.

This post has been edited by Observer: Apr 11 2006, 08:14 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church