Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=195 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:49:37 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
Prisca
post Apr 11 2006, 08:39 AM
Post #196

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

I just thought about a saying from the 'old folks'. My mom would say, scaffolds! You know some people are going to be used by God, but not saved....nodding significantly. These remarks were usually reserved for those who were pronounced 'unsaved' but effective evangelists. But really, why do we lump the two together? Their private lives and their public lives, thinking or concluding that one supports the other or can not live independently of the other.

BTW I wonder if GC is still giving 3ABN the stipend since they now have HopeTV.

Priscilla
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 11 2006, 08:56 AM
Post #197

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Prisca @ Apr 11 2006, 10:39 AM) [snapback]126178[/snapback]

I just thought about a saying from the 'old folks'. My mom would say, scaffolds! You know some people are going to be used by God, but not saved....nodding significantly. These remarks were usually reserved for those who were pronounced 'unsaved' but effective evangelists. But really, why do we lump the two together? Their private lives and their public lives, thinking or concluding that one supports the other or can not live independently of the other.

BTW I wonder if GC is still giving 3ABN the stipend since they now have HopeTV.

Priscilla

"Pronounced 'unsaved'"? By whom? Do they happen to have a copy of the Lamb's book of life?

There is a reason why scripture admonishes each of us to work out *our own* salvation with fear and trembling...remember the parable of the wheat and the tares; it is not our place to 'pronounce' anyone saved or unsaved because we are not discerning enough to do so without getting as many wrong as we get right... at best.

As for people and their 'private' versus their 'public' lives... there is no such thing. If it as artifical a delineation as 'sacred' versus 'secular'Some are just better at not allowing the things they keep private from manifesting publicly... whether it's bad habits, problems in their marriage, problems with their children or what have you. The world says 'leave my private life private'; God says 'be sure your sin will find you out'. A lot of addicts keep their addiction 'private' for a long time... but sooner or later, it will manifest itself publicly whether it's an overdose, a car accident, an arrest for possession, or the revealing of what they may be doing to maintain their habit.

We, as Christians, are a 'city on a hill'. Our lives are lived under a magnifying glass. As Christ's ambassadors, we are always under scrutiny from the moment people learn we are Christians.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Apr 11 2006, 09:08 AM
Post #198

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 339

I agree that this is messy, but it has happened, the man has remarried, and Linda is still requesting that all walk in love...what more can be done...it's time to move on!

This post has been edited by HUGGINS130: Apr 11 2006, 09:17 AM

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 11 2006, 09:30 AM
Post #199

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Apr 11 2006, 09:56 AM) [snapback]126179[/snapback]

"Pronounced 'unsaved'"? By whom? Do they happen to have a copy of the Lamb's book of life?

There is a reason why scripture admonishes each of us to work out *our own* salvation with fear and trembling...remember the parable of the wheat and the tares; it is not our place to 'pronounce' anyone saved or unsaved because we are not discerning enough to do so without getting as many wrong as we get right... at best.

As for people and their 'private' versus their 'public' lives... there is no such thing. If it as artifical a delineation as 'sacred' versus 'secular'Some are just better at not allowing the things they keep private from manifesting publicly... whether it's bad habits, problems in their marriage, problems with their children or what have you. The world says 'leave my private life private'; God says 'be sure your sin will find you out'. A lot of addicts keep their addiction 'private' for a long time... but sooner or later, it will manifest itself publicly whether it's an overdose, a car accident, an arrest for possession, or the revealing of what they may be doing to maintain their habit.

We, as Christians, are a 'city on a hill'. Our lives are lived under a magnifying glass. As Christ's ambassadors, we are always under scrutiny from the moment people learn we are Christians.

In His service,
Mr. J

I agree, "it is not our place to 'pronounce' anyone saved or unsaved because we are not discerning enough to do so without getting as many wrong as we get right... at best." But we are told that we will recognize a tree by the fruit it bears. You can fool some of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. Maybe for Danny Shelton "the time" is running out.

For a Christian ours lives should be transparant, but that is seldom the case for those who have the seat of power in high profile ministries. It is like an actor in a long running TV program, when they are so often on the screen in people's living rooms, people feel that they know them, that the character portrayed on the screen is the same as the person in their private life. When they are told otherwise they just can not believe it can be true...they "know" that person, they "see" them every day. That is just what someone who lives a very different "private life" counts upon. He says, "You know me, what you see is the real me, what others say are all lies, they are just trying to tear down what GOD has ordained." It can be a very convincing statement, it appeals to the emotions and that is just what it is intended to do...like a magician your attention is misdirected you that you will subconsciencely believe that when Danny is being "lied about" they are actually persecuting GOD. A good trick, but not a very honest one.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 11 2006, 09:47 AM
Post #200

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

what is this "first miracle" some have referred to that started 3ABN? What have I missed?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Apr 11 2006, 12:16 PM
Post #201

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 11 2006, 09:47 AM) [snapback]126185[/snapback]

what is this "first miracle" some have referred to that started 3ABN? What have I missed?

I understand that one book or historical account lists a "first miracle" for 3ABN.

It has been alleged by another poster on another board that the "first miracle" involved the donation of $100,000 worth of television equipment.

Apparently, when the 3ABN blueprint was presented to a Pentecostal minister, the minister supposedly offered to donate the equipment, helping to make 3ABN a reality.

However, the poster has stated the possibility that this donation was on paper only, and that only a broken microphone was ever donated by that Pentecostal minister.

It was also mentioned that the first, good television equipment may have come from Joe Crews at Amazing Facts. It was supposedly a barter arrangement, where Joe gave TV equipment in return for air time on the network.

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Apr 11 2006, 12:26 PM
Post #202

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 11 2006, 03:47 PM) [snapback]126185[/snapback]

I didn't hear about the 'first miracle',but from the first I've heard of 3ABN it was promoted as God directed and that Danny was specifically chosen to do it. From poor carpenter, child of migrant workers, to an around the world ministry. What other explanation could there be?
(Except for the old folks who knew who the scaffolds were smile.gif This is perhaps why some people subconsciously believe that he is an 'anointed' and shouldn't be 'touched'. You know that goes back to the story of Saul and David. Even when Saul was trying to murder David, he wouldn't 'touch' him. So we rationalize almost every spiritual project in this way.

Priscilla

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 11 2006, 05:38 PM
Post #203

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Apr 11 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]126222[/snapback]

I understand that one book or historical account lists a "first miracle" for 3ABN.

It has been alleged by another poster on another board that the "first miracle" involved the donation of $100,000 worth of television equipment.

Apparently, when the 3ABN blueprint was presented to a Pentecostal minister, the minister supposedly offered to donate the equipment, helping to make 3ABN a reality.

However, the poster has stated the possibility that this donation was on paper only, and that only a broken microphone was ever donated by that Pentecostal minister.

It was also mentioned that the first, good television equipment may have come from Joe Crews at Amazing Facts. It was supposedly a barter arrangement, where Joe gave TV equipment in return for air time on the network.

Panama Pete,

Earlier in this thread I posted the following about "the first miracle"and it is true, it is neither alleged or a supposition:

"As long as we are on the topic of the miracle story, that Danny goes around telling, even that is not what we have been lead to believe:

Before 3ABN started, Danny met with the Steensons when they were charismatic pastors and they offered to put on paper that they were donating around $100,000.00 worth of television equipment to him. That was the first "miracle" story that started the money rolling in. No equipment was ever donated by the Steensons, other than an SM-58 microphone that didn't work. To this day that story is told as the miracle that started 3ABN, but it is false. The first camera equipment at 3ABN came from Joe Crews at Amazing Facts and was purchased on a barter deal for air time.

It is one thing being called by God and surrender self and allowing God to use us for his purposes. It is quite another "creating miracles" ourselves.

Now 22 years later, Hal Steenson is in the 3ABN pastoral department and Molly Steenson is the general manager of 3ABN and a member of the board. The only one above Molly in the chain of command at 3ABN is Danny Shelton. After Molly Steenson became a SDA she said that the reason she became an Adventist was not because of the Sabbath or Sister White, but because 3ABN is THE cutting edge ministry. She was Danny's secretary, his right hand, for a number of years before she made this choice to become an Adventist.

Interesting, the more you know of the story..."

Panama Pete, in an earlier post from you on this thread, you mentioned being in Doug Garcia's office. Since you claim to know Doug. You can easily check on this information with him, he can confirm the truth of it. And of course if you know Doug, you know that he is currently working for Amazing Facts. At one time I had asked him about "the miracle story" and he confirmed the above information that I have stated. The understanding at the time, was that this story would be changed to conform with the facts when the 3ABN story was written...obiviously the "first miracle story" was far more confirming of God's calling to Danny, than was the truth...

Clay, I hope this answers your question fully about what was the "first miracle" of 3ABN.

This post has been edited by sister: Apr 11 2006, 05:41 PM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Apr 11 2006, 08:07 PM
Post #204

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(sister @ Apr 11 2006, 05:38 PM) [snapback]126260[/snapback]

Panama Pete,

Earlier in this thread I posted the following about "the first miracle"and it is true, it is neither alleged or a supposition.

Dear Sister,

Thank you very much for the correction and the update. I wasn't sure where that information originated and where I first came across it, so I couched it in the word "allegedly." It has much more to do with my foggy memory uhm.gif than with your previous posting.

Yes, I heard that Doug received a call to Amazing Facts in California. I met him on a tour of the facility, some time back, before he left Illinois.

God Bless,

Panama Pete

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 11 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #205

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ Apr 11 2006, 11:08 AM) [snapback]126180[/snapback]

I agree that this is messy, but it has happened, the man has remarried, and Linda is still requesting that all walk in love...what more can be done...it's time to move on!

It ain't ovah till the fat lady sangs and she ain't even irked out a yodel......

Nor peeped a la-la-la-la-la.....

JMO

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 11 2006, 08:33 PM
Post #206

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Apr 11 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]126268[/snapback]

Dear Sister,

Thank you very much for the correction and the update. I wasn't sure where that information originated and where I first came across it, so I couched it in the word "allegedly." It has much more to do with my foggy memory uhm.gif than with your previous posting.

Yes, I heard that Doug received a call to Amazing Facts in California. I met him on a tour of the facility, some time back, before he left Illinois.

God Bless,

Panama Pete

Panama Pete, no problem. We all get foggy memories at times. But I think that it is important that people know the truth.

May the Lord bless you, too, brother.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 12 2006, 09:38 AM
Post #207

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(sister @ Apr 11 2006, 05:38 PM) [snapback]126260[/snapback]

Clay, I hope this answers your question fully about what was the "first miracle" of 3ABN.

Thanks Sister for giving me the history.... basically the 1st miracle wasn't a miracle at all... it was a con.... now that con turned into a ministry... Can God bless mess, yes he can and does, but its interesting to see people attribute things to God that he had no part in....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
missthg
post Apr 12 2006, 11:32 AM
Post #208

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 9

rofl1.gif rofl1.gif you are a fool! and right at the same time!

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Apr 11 2006, 06:28 PM) [snapback]126270[/snapback]

It ain't ovah till the fat lady sangs and she ain't even irked out a yodel......

Nor peeped a la-la-la-la-la.....

JMO

--------------------
life is too short to knit with ugly yarn....
www.knitfloozy.blogspot.com

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 12 2006, 11:45 AM
Post #209

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

dunno.gif
QUOTE(missthg @ Apr 12 2006, 12:32 PM) [snapback]126333[/snapback]

rofl1.gif rofl1.gif you are a fool! and right at the same time!

I'm jes saying...you know?

giggle.gif

This post has been edited by PrincessDrRe: Apr 12 2006, 11:45 AM

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 12 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #210

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 12 2006, 09:38 AM) [snapback]126313[/snapback]

Thanks Sister for giving me the history.... basically the 1st miracle wasn't a miracle at all... it was a con.... now that con turned into a ministry... Can God bless mess, yes he can and does, but its interesting to see people attribute things to God that he had no part in....

Yes,Clay, God can bless a mess. But God will not take a dishonest lying man and bless him because he went the wrong direction from where God would have led. You can not take a fradulant transaction and make it an honest one. Right now, perhaps 3ABN is serving a purpose for the official denomination. If the Word is being spread by 3ABN then perhaps God will let the message be told. Perhaps one man should not and can not think that he can do it all. If many souls are being saved by 3ABN that is wonderful. But it still does not make a lie the truth and it does not make a fraudulant act an honest one. The Word of God needs to be separated from the 'make believe' story of a miracle that was not a miracle at all. If the leaders of 3ABN would make the miracle story accurate, then the judge in heaven would acknowledge and forgive the charade that has been told for 20 years. Think then of how God could use 3ABN. The THird Angels Message will be told even if it is told by the rocks and the mountains.

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church