Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=255 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:49:44 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
Peachesevie
post Apr 18 2006, 11:00 AM
Post #256

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,117

QUOTE(statrei @ Apr 18 2006, 11:38 AM) [snapback]126959[/snapback]

Aren't you overstating things a bit?

I thought that the whole issue wasn't the actually divorcing some one, but remarrying someone else when one didn't have the proper grounds(adultery/widower) for the above divorce. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

--------------------
"Don't cry me a river, but a seven mile beach."

"Some say go for it; I say make it come to you."

"If you were to drop your heart into me, you would never hear it touch the bottom."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 18 2006, 11:13 AM
Post #257

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Peachesevie @ Apr 18 2006, 11:00 AM) [snapback]126970[/snapback]

I thought that the whole issue wasn't the actually divorcing some one, but remarrying someone else when one didn't have the proper grounds(adultery/widower) for the above divorce. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

that is correct....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Chez
post Apr 18 2006, 12:16 PM
Post #258

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

Yeah, I thought the issue was remarrying. Isn't interesting that people seemingly are quick to remarry? That seems to further complicate things. Hopefully, old baggage has been discarded and proper healing has taken place.

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 18 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #259

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(happyness @ Apr 18 2006, 09:38 AM) [snapback]126957[/snapback]

Well, that's beause ya'll don't know him either, but I don't think I should air his dirty laudry publically, either. Thank you for the compliments about my children. I appreciate it.

My pregnancy is coming along o.k. I think I'm a little too old, though. Yes. He will be early. My due date is June 11, but I doubt I'll make it 'till then. Justin was three weeks early & Noah was two weeks early.
So I see....

Well, I have always thought that all babies were meant to be loved. I am sure that everyone on this forum wish for God's blessing on your new baby.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 18 2006, 01:36 PM
Post #260

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 18 2006, 09:09 AM) [snapback]126948[/snapback]

Melody, I am glad to hear that you are doing well. Your 4 older children's father is very well spoken of by this forum. They are beautiful children and I look for them On 'Tots for Jesus'. Your little daughter is very beautiful---just like her Mother. How is your pregnancy with this child coming along? A little early coming, isn't it?

Melody you are Danny's daughter? Who is the 4 older children's father? We know him? What have I missed?

--------------------

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Apr 18 2006, 01:39 PM
Post #261

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 18 2006, 01:36 PM) [snapback]127006[/snapback]

Melody you are Danny's daughter? Who is the 4 older children's father? We know him? What have I missed?

She said it earlier...

QUOTE(happyness @ Apr 18 2006, 08:42 AM) [snapback]126944[/snapback]

I find it very hurtful that you would accuse me of such a thing. You don't know me or what happened in my marriage. Just because I don't speak publically about my personal life, doesn't mean that I didn't have grounds for divorce. I did have grounds (over & over again). I feel that is in the best interest of my children, not to speak publically about their father.

Melody Shelton Firestone

Glad you are here, Lady! happydance.gif welcome.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 18 2006, 01:43 PM
Post #262

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Apr 18 2006, 01:39 PM) [snapback]127007[/snapback]

She said it earlier...

Glad you are here, Lady! happydance.gif welcome.gif

no... you did not read the questions I asked, in context of the other comment i.e. the father of the older children are well spoken of on this forum... who is that person... so allow her to answer the questions I asked her... thank you....

This post has been edited by Clay: Apr 18 2006, 01:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 18 2006, 01:54 PM
Post #263

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Ok, I think I missed something.......who is this man we speak very well of?

Welcome to BSDA Melody!! I hope you stay and enjoy participation in the rest of our forums.

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 18 2006, 08:09 AM) [snapback]126948[/snapback]

Melody, I am glad to hear that you are doing well. Your 4 older children's father is very well spoken of by this forum. They are beautiful children and I look for them On 'Tots for Jesus'. Your little daughter is very beautiful---just like her Mother. How is your pregnancy with this child coming along? A little early coming, isn't it?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Apr 18 2006, 02:03 PM
Post #264

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 18 2006, 01:43 PM) [snapback]127009[/snapback]

no... you did not read the questions I asked, in context of the other comment i.e. the father of the older children are well spoken of on this forum... who is that person... so allow her to answer the questions I asked her... thank you....

She will.... smile.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 18 2006, 02:17 PM
Post #265

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Ok so why are you answering for her? There are plenty of posts to which you can respond, let this response(post #264) be your last on Steve's questions(post #260) that were posed "directly" to Melody.

If you have any concerns about this post, PM me.

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Apr 18 2006, 12:03 PM) [snapback]127018[/snapback]

She will.... smile.gif

This post has been edited by princessdi: Apr 18 2006, 02:28 PM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Apr 18 2006, 09:06 PM
Post #266

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

I wish Melody and Greg all the best in their new marriage, and I hope that they can grow old together, and live out their lives in contentment. Greg is a good man, and he, Melody, and I all deserve happiness. Someday, I hope to also find happiness with another wife, and I don't doubt that Melody will wish me the best in that pursuit. When Melody and Greg were baptized, I went to their baptism to demonstrate to them, and to the world, my support for their desire to live out a good Christian marriage. Every one of us has a past, and that past should be allowed to be a past. They made a respectable decision in choosing to start their marriage with reconsecration in baptism. Melody is pregnant with a new little person who deserves a good start in life and a mother to be proud of. My children and their mother love each other as they should, and my children and I love each other as we should.

I am stating publicly that although there is a vast chasm of difference between us, and there are some fundamental things on which I doubt we will ever agree, I respect Melody as a woman and the mother of my four children, and she will always have a special place in my heart. We have been through terrible pain, and many long, sleepless nights through our divorces, and we know that the kids have endured alot of misery. None of us need any more. We will appreciate your prayers for us and the kids.

Sincerely,

Derrell Mundall

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 18 2006, 09:22 PM
Post #267

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Welcome to BSDA Derrell! I also hope you stay and enjoy discussion in our other forums.

QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 18 2006, 08:06 PM) [snapback]127064[/snapback]

I wish Melody and Greg all the best in their new marriage, and I hope that they can grow old together, and live out their lives in contentment. Greg is a good man, and he, Melody, and I all deserve happiness. Someday, I hope to also find happiness with another wife, and I don't doubt that Melody will wish me the best in that pursuit. When Melody and Greg were baptized, I went to their baptism to demonstrate to them, and to the world, my support for their desire to live out a good Christian marriage. Every one of us has a past, and that past should be allowed to be a past. They made a respectable decision in choosing to start their marriage with reconsecration in baptism. Melody is pregnant with a new little person who deserves a good start in life and a mother to be proud of. My children and their mother love each other as they should, and my children and I love each other as we should.

I am stating publicly that although there is a vast chasm of difference between us, and there are some fundamental things on which I doubt we will ever agree, I respect Melody as a woman and the mother of my four children, and she will always have a special place in my heart. We have been through terrible pain, and many long, sleepless nights through our divorces, and we know that the kids have endured alot of misery. None of us need any more. We will appreciate your prayers for us and the kids.

Sincerely,

Derrell Mundall

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Apr 19 2006, 04:40 AM
Post #268

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

I have noticed that those who do not have anyone to marry don't necessarily want a divorce. It is unnecessary, unless that person just wants a type of closure or if there are financial benefits.etc. Separation is what most of the older folk had...had it until they died. No remarriage. No dating, no nothing. IF the husband or wife was found in a compromising position THEN it was possible they would consider it, but only to someone who'd lost their mate to death was considered the safest situation and only if the persons involved were 'young'. Older people were also looked down upon when they remarried unless they could say sadly...it's just for companionship, ya know. Folk are really judgemental in this area.

priscilla

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Apr 19 2006, 04:51 AM
Post #269

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

[quote name='summertime' date='Apr 18 2006, 02:50 PM' post='126945']
Priscilla, truth does make a difference. Actually, the law of the land does not prevent me from lying to you, unless I am under oath by the courts, but it still matters to God and it is still written in the books of heaven. God's messengers should always speak the truth. If donor's dollars are being used improperly, then truth does matter to God. When a penniless carpenter becomes rich in horses and lands and worldly goods, then it does matter to God. WHen goods offered for the work of God are donated and then allowed to waste, then it does matter to God. Legal does not make it right. A lot of legal things have been a terrible example to the young folks who will eventually hear this story. Actually, it is a bad example to you and to me. Breaking the commandments of God is often legal in today's world but it is written in the books of heaven. We should not be satisfied when we can speak against wrong. In my mind, I am still ferreting out truth from fiction, and the fearful thing about this is that what I believe is right, will reflect on the example that I live for my children.
As I read your post I kept thinking...do radio programs have this much drama? I've been an SDA for a long time and perhaps have become accustomed to things not going right in the $$$ department because of greed. Should we be surprised? What direction would Jesus' ministry have taken had Judas been allowed to 'have his way'? Some good and some bad.
And you are sooo right, legal doesn't make it right. We have some of the best legal minds in the administration of our church and yet we still have to maintain a Christian example to be seen by the world. But I have a question... Rich in horses you say... I wondered why Linda began to dress the way she did. I mentioned it to hubby. Long dresses were replaced by pants.... I have never seen a disclosure statement from 3ABN as to what they do with the money. Do they really say that they give ALL the donations to the 'work of the gospel'? If not, and he is using his 'salary' for the horses, is that OK?

Priscilla

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 19 2006, 06:07 AM
Post #270

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Prisca @ Apr 19 2006, 05:40 AM) [snapback]127086[/snapback]

...I have never seen a disclosure statement from 3ABN as to what they do with the money...

priscilla

Priscilla, I think alot of people would be interested to see a disclosure statement from 3ABN. I do not believe that one exists, but it would certainly answer alot of questions.

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church