Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=225 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:49:41 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
shaddo
post Apr 14 2006, 12:05 PM
Post #226

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 783

Just goes to show that the game is up on SDA "leadership" better than average "joe". Humanity at every level needs The TRUTH as it is in Jesus to change hearts and lives. The details are just that...details. "He that is without sin....cast the first stone...please! rolleyes.gif wacko.gif

--------------------
Ex.14:20 "Be of good cheer I have overcome the world." Jesus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_silsbee_bee_*
post Apr 14 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #227

Guests

QUOTE(sister @ Apr 14 2006, 09:31 AM) [snapback]126547[/snapback]

Interesting you brought that up, I spoke with the treasuer of the Illinois Conference and asked about 3ABN and tithe, I asked what was the proceedure. He said that if 3ABN knowingly received tithe money, as a self-supporting ministry of the SDA church, they would send any tithe money on to the Conference. I asked if that ever occured, the answer was no. He asked me why, I said I just wanted to know what the understanding was between them.

I know for a fact that 3ABN knowingly accepts tithe money from SDAs as well as anyone else who wants to send it there. I know of someone in the pastoral department who was working on the prayerline when someone called and asked about giving their tithe to 3ABN, the answer given was no, 3ABN takes offerings, not tithe.and their tithe sould be given at their local church. The person called again and wanted to ask Danny personally, instead the call went to Molly Steenson. She told them that of course 3ABN takes tithe. She then instructed the people from the pastoral department that 3ABN takes tithe and NEVER give any other answer again.

Does 3ABN knowingly take tithe. Yes, in fact they encourage it. Is any of it ever turned over to the official church, as per agreement---NO. Just a little more information to chew on.

My, but aren't you the busy body.

DB

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 14 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #228

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(silsbee_bee @ Apr 14 2006, 04:21 PM) [snapback]126578[/snapback]

DB

The truth must be told and questions must be answered and the facts should be given to those who ask. We are all sinners, but we all must be about the Father's business. We need to try to relieve the hurting and look for answers to the questions of those who seek for the truth. Instead of throwing stones, let us pray that the guilty will find their way back to God. That should be the reason that we are all here.

QUOTE(silsbee_bee @ Apr 14 2006, 04:21 PM) [snapback]126578[/snapback]

DB

+Quote Post
lurker
post Apr 14 2006, 04:49 PM
Post #229

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Follow the money. Follow the money. flirt.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Apr 14 2006, 05:15 PM
Post #230

Guests

Everyman has the right to keep money that people are generous enough to send to him.

This post has been edited by statrei: Apr 14 2006, 05:25 PM

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 14 2006, 07:06 PM
Post #231

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(statrei @ Apr 14 2006, 06:15 PM) [snapback]126582[/snapback]

Everyman has the right to keep money that people are generous enough to send to him.

...and stupid.....

*ah-hem*

'cuse me....

Carry On!

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 14 2006, 07:18 PM
Post #232

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(statrei @ Apr 14 2006, 06:15 PM) [snapback]126582[/snapback]

But everyman also has the responsibility to use it for the purpose it was given.

An example: A lady gave money with the committment from Danny that it was to be used for a Sanctuary exhibition, actually for the building to house the exhibit. She would come quite often to visit, attending the Thompsonville SDA church (the 3ABN church) and to check on the progress of the project. She was really excited to think that she was able to help with this project. A SDA church in southern California donated it's life size portable Sanctuary exhibit to 3ABN to be housed in the building the lady had donated the money to construct. Well, the Sanctuary exhibit articles sat in the trailer (the size that had to be hauled ba an 18 wheeler) for years. With the humidity in southern Illinois, I can just imagine the damage that might have dome to it. Meanwhile, the shell of a huge building was constructed, the outside finished. Inside nothing much was done. There was no floor, only dirt, water and mud. Some insulation was hung up on the inside, but after a few years with nothing more done, it starting peeling off the inside walls. The lady that donated the money came less and less often. No further progress was made and the building remained in that condition for a number of years.

Then the big court case came with the state of Illinois investagating 3ABN right to claim property tax exemption came about and Danny had a large acreage parcel of land just down the road and across the street with only the 3ABN elementary school, some housing for guests, a nice area where he put in a double-wide trailer for his daughter, Melody, (but he did not allow any of the other workers to have their trailers there, and a pond where Danny like to take out his little boat and go fishing. Now there was a need quickly change the use of the property, so Danny took the shell of the Sanctuary Exhibit, added wings on two sides, beautifully finished the interior and there was the new worship center. Danny sold the exsisting Thompsonville church which was about a 8 minute drive away from 3ABN and a 5 minute drive from the West Franklin SDA church. Moved his congregation into the new worship center and could now prove that the land was used for ministry.

Now wait a minute, what about the Sanctuary exhibit and the elderly lady who had so lovingly donated enough money to construct the building where it could be housed? And what happened to all the articles for the exhibit that was donated by the church in California? Well, Danny Shelton, [i]while you are lurking here on this forum, why don't you just answer the questions for us?[/i] This is not the only example that I could give. Sadly, there are many more...how much ministry money has been used over the years to buy horses and how much money was spent on the huge parcel of land where the only use for it is a place for Danny's horses to run? What about the coporate jet? And the story goes on and on and on...

I agree with an earlier post by lurker, "Follow the money. Follow the money" It is probably the only trail that will lead to the truth behind the 3ABN story.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 15 2006, 02:00 AM
Post #233

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

interesting indeed.... scratchchin.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post Apr 17 2006, 08:56 AM
Post #234

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

Sister thanks for the intelligence on this SDA mafia operation aka 3ABN. Please continue to open the eyes of the people. Of course watch your back too because they might be trying to figure out who you are with all this stuff you know you have to have or have had really good access to people and places and things...

I would not be surprised if Mr Calvin starts getting threatening letters soon...very soon.

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 17 2006, 12:06 PM
Post #235

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zephyr @ Apr 17 2006, 09:56 AM) [snapback]126720[/snapback]

Sister thanks for the intelligence on this SDA mafia operation aka 3ABN. Please continue to open the eyes of the people. Of course watch your back too because they might be trying to figure out who you are with all this stuff you know you have to have or have had really good access to people and places and things...

I would not be surprised if Mr Calvin starts getting threatening letters soon...very soon.

Thanks for the advice, Zephyr, I do not take it lightly. The long arm of 3ABN has a reach that might surprise people, if they only realized it. I am sure that my identity will become a serious topic around the administration end of the building at 3ABN. Keep me in your prayers.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Apr 17 2006, 12:10 PM
Post #236

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

QUOTE(sister @ Apr 17 2006, 12:06 PM) [snapback]126745[/snapback]

Thanks for the advice, Zephyr, I do not take it lightly. The long arm of 3ABN has a reach that might surprise people, if they only realized it. I am sure that my identity will become a serious topic around the administration end of the building at 3ABN. Keep me in your prayers.

Not only that...but libel charges...let God handle whatever mess there is/is not... smile.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 17 2006, 01:55 PM
Post #237

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Apr 17 2006, 01:10 PM) [snapback]126746[/snapback]

Not only that...but libel charges...let God handle whatever mess there is/is not... smile.gif

As long as it is the truth, libel is not a valid question.

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Apr 17 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #238

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

I remember the sanctuary that was set up in California like an amusement park. I wondered what had become of it and the pastor. Oh boy! He sure LOVED the sanctuary. Probably had in mind that it would become something BIG in the right hands.

Priscilla

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Apr 17 2006, 03:32 PM
Post #239

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

QUOTE(sister @ Apr 17 2006, 01:55 PM) [snapback]126767[/snapback]

As long as it is the truth, libel is not a valid question.

Not necessarily...libel includes truth used to hurt someone on purpose or to damage their ability to do what they do, which is why gag orders and yes even separation agreements from employment often can include language preventing a person from "speaking negatively" about the company they are leaving...even if it is factual...yes.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 17 2006, 03:41 PM
Post #240

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Prisca @ Apr 17 2006, 04:27 PM) [snapback]126801[/snapback]

I remember the sanctuary that was set up in California like an amusement park. I wondered what had become of it and the pastor. Oh boy! He sure LOVED the sanctuary. Probably had in mind that it would become something BIG in the right hands.

Priscilla

It is a shame that it didn't, Priscilla. I think that it could have been a blessing to a lot of folks.

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church