Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=240 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:49:43 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
Seraphim7
post Apr 17 2006, 05:03 PM
Post #241

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Zephyr @ Apr 17 2006, 11:56 AM) [snapback]126720[/snapback]

Sister thanks for the intelligence on this SDA mafia operation aka 3ABN. Please continue to open the eyes of the people. Of course watch your back too because they might be trying to figure out who you are with all this stuff you know you have to have or have had really good access to people and places and things...

I would not be surprised if Mr Calvin starts getting threatening letters soon...very soon.

Threatening letters are not a new thing to online board administrators. It's to be expected when you have various people with varied temperaments giving their 2 cents worth. It would not be the first time, nor will it be the last that Calvin will experience. It is, some would say, "the nature of the beast".
yes.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 17 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #242

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Apr 17 2006, 05:32 PM) [snapback]126812[/snapback]

Not necessarily...libel includes truth used to hurt someone on purpose or to damage their ability to do what they do, which is why gag orders and yes even separation agreements from employment often can include language preventing a person from "speaking negatively" about the company they are leaving...even if it is factual...yes.gif

All I ever heard is libel being "lies"... if what is being said is truth - and they cannot disprove it???

dunno.gif

Definition for Libel - DICTIONARY.COM

Definition for Libel - Free Legal Dictionary Online

This post has been edited by PrincessDrRe: Apr 17 2006, 08:54 PM

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post Apr 17 2006, 09:49 PM
Post #243

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,556

I am not a lawyer but truth is an absolute defense in defamation cases. Also keep in mind 3ABN and danny are public figures and if you live by taking money from the public you have to put up with a certain amount of scrutiny and endless chit chat.

Apart from whatever legal issues may arise, more importantly Sister is serving the goodof SDA viewers of 3ABN with her info. It is up to each of us to attach whatever level of credibility we want. I for one believe "Sister" 100% and very little of what "she" says surprises me because I have felt for a while that 3ABN will become a millstone around the neck of the SDA church.

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Apr 18 2006, 04:45 AM
Post #244

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

QUOTE(Zephyr @ Apr 18 2006, 03:49 AM) [snapback]126887[/snapback]

I am not a lawyer but truth is an absolute defense in defamation cases. Also keep in mind 3ABN and danny are public figures and if you live by taking money from the public you have to put up with a certain amount of scrutiny and endless chit chat.

Apart from whatever legal issues may arise, more importantly Sister is serving the goodof SDA viewers of 3ABN with her info. It is up to each of us to attach whatever level of credibility we want. I for one believe "Sister" 100% and very little of what "she" says surprises me because I have felt for a while that 3ABN will become a millstone around the neck of the SDA church.

What tipped you off? was it the little twitch and sniff that accompanies his conversation when he speaks? blink.gif Seriously though, does truth really make a difference in the defense if the person is entitled by law to do the things they do, but not in the minds of certain people? For example, we might not be satisified with what is done, because we expect more from him? dunno.gif

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 18 2006, 08:25 AM
Post #245

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Prisca @ Apr 18 2006, 05:45 AM) [snapback]126907[/snapback]

What tipped you off? was it the little twitch and sniff that accompanies his conversation when he speaks? blink.gif Seriously though, does truth really make a difference in the defense if the person is entitled by law to do the things they do, but not in the minds of certain people? For example, we might not be satisified with what is done, because we expect more from him? dunno.gif

I do not personally know Sister, but from what I have read of Sister's postings on this forum and on others, and from what I have heard from others, he/she is speaking the truth. Why else, unless they have something to hide, would they have put such a seal on Linda's lips with the divorce settlement they asked her to sign.? I personally wonder how much of the donor's dollars were spent for lawyers to prepare and legalize that contract. How much of the donor's dollars do you imagine was spent for Danny to fly his new family in the personal company jet to Disney Land in Florida for four days.? From what I gather, and this is a personal opinion, the wedding and honeymoon were planned at a time when I believe that Danny spoke soon after at a rally in Florida. And I surmise, that the rally was also a fund raising experience. I do not want to hurt the Adventist three angel's message, folks, ---the message must be told because it is the message from heaven, but, perhaps we could have more honest and less self serving messengers.

From his/her writings, I believe that Sister must have a lot of first hand experience--otherwise he/she would not write the way that he/she does. I will pray for this poster---that wherever he may be, that the Lord will use him/ her in a way that will prove beneficial to His cause. Sister is, in my way of knowing, telling the truth. Sister has asked for prayers while he/she exposes the truth.

Clay, I have not forgotten our conversation about reading the 'urls' concerning the way that you feel about tithe. I am preparing for serious foot surgery, but I am studying what you have said. I ask all your prayers that the surgeons will be lead by God while they do their work. Thank you all for letting me ask this of you. Clay, in due time, I want to write more to you about the 'tithe' queston when I feel better qualified to do so.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 18 2006, 08:28 AM
Post #246

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

The bible says that the 3 angels deliver their own messages... perhaps thats where the problem began.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
happyness
post Apr 18 2006, 08:42 AM
Post #247

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 1,687

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 4 2006, 09:16 AM) [snapback]125173[/snapback]

There are a lot of really good people at 3ABN, but there are things that need to be changed and we who are incapable of controlling the board can only decide, after much prayer, where our offerings should go. From what I have read on other forums Danny and his new family made their way, after the wedding, to Disney land in Florida for a 4 day honeymoon.--donor paid? Or since there was going to be a 3ABN rally held in Florida--scheduled undoubtably by convenience, perhaps he had to take his family that direction on 3ABN's new jet-powered personal plane. The point of all this is that we need to have our eyes open but also our hearts open to God and pray that not one soul will be lost because of this example. We need tp pray for Danny, Linda, and Danny's new family. I guess that most people know that Danny's daughter, Melody is not doing much traveling now because she has remarried---also without grounds of adultry for the divorce from her other children's father. We need to have prayers for one another--don't let Satan win in this battle.
Michael English is now again singing with the Gaither Group.

I find it very hurtful that you would accuse me of such a thing. You don't know me or what happened in my marriage. Just because I don't speak publically about my personal life, doesn't mean that I didn't have grounds for divorce. I did have grounds (over & over again). I feel that is in the best interest of my children, not to speak publically about their father.

Melody Shelton Firestone

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 18 2006, 08:50 AM
Post #248

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Prisca @ Apr 18 2006, 05:45 AM) [snapback]126907[/snapback]

Priscilla, truth does make a difference. Actually, the law of the land does not prevent me from lying to you, unless I am under oath by the courts, but it still matters to God and it is still written in the books of heaven. God's messengers should always speak the truth. If donor's dollars are being used improperly, then truth does matter to God. When a penniless carpenter becomes rich in horses and lands and worldly goods, then it does matter to God. WHen goods offered for the work of God are donated and then allowed to waste, then it does matter to God. Legal does not make it right. A lot of legal things have been a terrible example to the young folks who will eventually hear this story. Actually, it is a bad example to you and to me. Breaking the commandments of God is often legal in today's world but it is written in the books of heaven. We should not be satisfied when we can speak against wrong. In my mind, I am still ferreting out truth from fiction, and the fearful thing about this is that what I believe is right, will reflect on the example that I live for my children.

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 18 2006, 09:28 AM) [snapback]126938[/snapback]

The bible says that the 3 angels deliver their own messages... perhaps thats where the problem began.....

Clay, you are right---I believe that we have to do our share of work for God--even the disciples told the story of salvation. But it is true, angels will deliver their own messages and even, I believe, somewhere I have read that the rocks and the mountains can cry out--amazing, isn't it?

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 18 2006, 09:09 AM
Post #249

Advanced Member

QUOTE(happyness @ Apr 18 2006, 09:42 AM) [snapback]126944[/snapback]

I find it very hurtful that you would accuse me of such a thing. You don't know me or what happened in my marriage. Just because I don't speak publically about my personal life, doesn't mean that I didn't have grounds for divorce. I did have grounds (over & over again). I feel that is in the best interest of my children, not to speak publically about their father.

Melody Shelton Firestone

Melody, I am glad to hear that you are doing well. Your 4 older children's father is very well spoken of by this forum. They are beautiful children and I look for them On 'Tots for Jesus'. Your little daughter is very beautiful---just like her Mother. How is your pregnancy with this child coming along? A little early coming, isn't it?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 18 2006, 09:10 AM
Post #250

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(happyness @ Apr 18 2006, 09:42 AM) [snapback]126944[/snapback]

Melody Shelton Firestone

interesting indeed.... welcome to the forum, I see someone has mentioned to you that things were being said here that you might have a different view.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Apr 18 2006, 09:14 AM
Post #251

Guests

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 18 2006, 11:10 AM) [snapback]126949[/snapback]

interesting indeed.... welcome to the forum, I see someone has mentioned to you that things were being said here that you might have a different view.....

All I can say is that this is the happening place.

+Quote Post
Chez
post Apr 18 2006, 09:17 AM
Post #252

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

This is an interesting twist to the 3ABN saga.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 18 2006, 09:22 AM
Post #253

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Chez @ Apr 18 2006, 09:17 AM) [snapback]126954[/snapback]

This is an interesting twist to the 3ABN saga.

very.... can't wait for what will happen next...

--------------------

+Quote Post
happyness
post Apr 18 2006, 09:38 AM
Post #254

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 1,687

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 18 2006, 09:09 AM) [snapback]126948[/snapback]

Melody, I am glad to hear that you are doing well. Your 4 older children's father is very well spoken of by this forum. They are beautiful children and I look for them On 'Tots for Jesus'. Your little daughter is very beautiful---just like her Mother. How is your pregnancy with this child coming along? A little early coming, isn't it?

Well, that's beause ya'll don't know him either, but I don't think I should air his dirty laudry publically, either. Thank you for the compliments about my children. I appreciate it.

My pregnancy is coming along o.k. I think I'm a little too old, though. Yes. He will be early. My due date is June 11, but I doubt I'll make it 'till then. Justin was three weeks early & Noah was two weeks early.

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 18 2006, 09:10 AM) [snapback]126949[/snapback]

So I see....

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Apr 18 2006, 09:38 AM
Post #255

Guests

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 18 2006, 11:09 AM) [snapback]126948[/snapback]

Melody, I am glad to hear that you are doing well. Your 4 older children's father is very well spoken of by this forum.

Aren't you overstating things a bit?

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church