Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=630 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:50:34 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 41 42 43 44 45 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
Guest_statrei_*
post May 12 2006, 10:04 AM
Post #631

Guests

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 12 2006, 11:39 AM) [snapback]130457[/snapback]
True. However, as I see it, theology in its entirety is theoretical, and it would logically follow that any form of adherence to any form of theology would by neccessity be based on an assumed premise.

That is absolutely true. All theology is based on the assumed premise that theology is a valid science.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 12 2006, 10:54 AM
Post #632

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ok, so, I read the manual section and the referenced text. However, if we are defining an unbeliever to mean nonSDA, then we are not consistent with the Bible. There were no SDAs at the time, only christians, so the text must refer to non christians. Just an observation.

QUOTE(Denny @ May 12 2006, 07:52 AM) [snapback]130441[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 12 2006, 11:25 AM
Post #633

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(princessdi @ May 12 2006, 10:54 AM) [snapback]130467[/snapback]

Ok, so, I read the manual section and the referenced text. However, if we are defining an unbeliever to mean nonSDA, then we are not consistent with the Bible. There were no SDAs at the time, only christians, so the text must refer to non christians. Just an observation.

what does consistency have to do with anything... the powers that be were attempting to give another out for someone.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 12 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #634

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Ok so, does this mean "spiritual adultery" will be added to the list next GC?
QUOTE(Clay @ May 12 2006, 09:25 AM) [snapback]130470[/snapback]

what does consistency have to do with anything... the powers that be were attempting to give another out for someone.....

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 12 2006, 11:51 AM
Post #635

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(princessdi @ May 12 2006, 11:48 AM) [snapback]130471[/snapback]

Ok so, does this mean "spiritual adultery" will be added to the list next GC?

probably.... at the next session... unless ummm someone persuades them to have an emergency session....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
seeshell
post May 12 2006, 12:47 PM
Post #636

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,679

Well, I guess we'll all have a "legal" out if we want one. How many times in the past could I have used that???? scratchchin.gif Will it be retroactive, I wonder?

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

"It is not my first object in life to make people like me." Elizabeth Prentiss

"Níor dhún Dia doras riamh nar oscail Sé ceann eile."

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 12 2006, 02:14 PM
Post #637

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

Now Seeshell, when you build your own church, hire half a pastor, and have most of the church members on your payroll; when you build an organization that makes many of the top church leaders beholden to you in their various ways, and can cause them to do as you please; when you have much of the Adventist world wondering after you, and you are able to speak great things that place you on a level with the Most High, then, perhaps, you can have your legal out and make it retroactive. Until then, you are simply another Samaritan.

When, at 39,000 feet, peals of laughter ring out as people like you and me are being made fun of, and when the laughter dies down, and thanks goes up to God that "I am not as these others," remember to breath a prayer of gratitude for God's amazing grace, and ask his blessing and strength for all of us... we need it.

This post has been edited by beartrap: May 12 2006, 02:24 PM

+Quote Post
seeshell
post May 12 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #638

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 12 2006, 03:14 PM) [snapback]130483[/snapback]

Now Seeshell, when you build your own church, hire half a pastor, and have most of the church members on your payroll; when you build an organization that makes many of the top church leaders beholden to you in their various ways, and can cause them to do as you please; when you have much of the Adventist world wondering after you, and you are able to speak great things that place you on a level with the Most High, then, perhaps, you can have your legal out and make it retroactive. Until then, you are simply another Samaritan.

When, at 39,000 feet, peals of laughter ring out as people like you and me are being made fun of, and when the laughter dies down, and thanks goes up to God that "I am not as these others," remember to breath a prayer of gratitude for God's amazing grace, and ask his blessing and strength for all of us... we need it.

Oh man, that's way too much work...I think I'll just stick with the spouse I've got and be thankful in that case. And yes, God's grace is amazing, and I'm so glad, because while I am horrified at the things I'm hearing about 3ABN, I need to remember I have my own "little" sins that may be just as horrifying to God.

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post May 12 2006, 03:03 PM
Post #639

Guests

When will we learn that it is not about the sins of individuals. People have been hurt by Danny's actions and it is cathartic to vent somewhere, but don't kid ourselves that the problem is the personal choice of an individual. The entire religious establishment has destroyed any hope there is that the rest of the world could get to know the Creator. It is not enough to know that He/She exists or that He created the world. Everytime anyone suggests that they can get people to know the Creator by giving them a study from the Bible they have declared that they don't know Him/Her. Danny is no more deceived than the rest.

This post has been edited by statrei: May 12 2006, 03:04 PM

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 12 2006, 03:16 PM
Post #640

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(statrei @ May 12 2006, 03:03 PM) [snapback]130485[/snapback]

When will we learn that it is not about the sins of individuals. People have been hurt by Danny's actions and it is cathartic to vent somewhere, but don't kid ourselves that the problem is the personal choice of an individual. The entire religious establishment has destroyed any hope there is that the rest of the world could get to know the Creator. It is not enough to know that He/She exists or that He created the world. Everytime anyone suggests that they can get people to know the Creator by giving them a study from the Bible they have declared that they don't know Him/Her. Danny is no more deceived than the rest.

True. Established religion has wreaked more physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual devastation on humanity than everything else put together.

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post May 12 2006, 03:16 PM
Post #641

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

QUOTE(statrei @ May 12 2006, 03:03 PM) [snapback]130485[/snapback]

to this I say; ELI, ELI, lama, sabachthani! yes.gif

+Quote Post
seeshell
post May 12 2006, 03:28 PM
Post #642

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Yet isn't established religion made up of individuals who make individual choices to individually sin and cause problems for those around them?

--------------------
Shelley

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 12 2006, 03:32 PM
Post #643

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

For most of the membership of organized religion, their individual choices rarely involve the body as a whole. It is when individual leaders make choices to sin that is usually becomes a problem for those /under/around them.

QUOTE(seeshell @ May 12 2006, 01:28 PM) [snapback]130490[/snapback]

Yet isn't established religion made up of individuals who make individual choices to individually sin and cause problems for those around them?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
seeshell
post May 12 2006, 03:39 PM
Post #644

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ May 12 2006, 04:32 PM) [snapback]130491[/snapback]

For most of the membership of organized religion, their individual choices rarely involve the body as a whole. It is when individual leaders make choices to sin that is usually becomes a problem for those /under/around them.

I see your point...but then there's the example of Achan, who isn't noted as a leader in Israel, yet his sin caused trouble for the whole camp. If he hadn't been dealt with, the trouble would have continued, no doubt.

--------------------
Shelley

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 12 2006, 03:48 PM
Post #645

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

This is true, that is why I said "rarely".
QUOTE(seeshell @ May 12 2006, 01:39 PM) [snapback]130494[/snapback]

I see your point...but then there's the example of Achan, who isn't noted as a leader in Israel, yet his sin caused trouble for the whole camp. If he hadn't been dealt with, the trouble would have continued, no doubt.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 41 42 43 44 45 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:50 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church