Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=660 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:50:38 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 43 44 45 46 47 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
Brother Sam
post May 13 2006, 01:13 PM
Post #661

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,708

I have been reading the posts on blacksda and can verify many as being true in regards to 3ABN.

What I'm about to post, some may say I'm wrong but I do believe God leads people.

It's interesting how some cult leaders, conferences leaders, pastors, local elders, church members, etc. say God told them or God reveiled to them.

Since I left 3ABN, when I hear someone say God told me..., I tune them out - I don't want to hear what they have to say or talk to them. I've heard enough of that "jargon" while I was at 3ABN to last a lifetime. I just assume they are lying, based on my exeriences there.

I have seen so much of taking a little incident or whatever and they make a mircale out of it. They then turn and twist and expand on how God "told" them.

From what I have seen so far in my life, they use these stories to be spiritually arrogant and to have control over people.

People look to these people as being "one with God". The people accept their power over them. They let them control them. The ones who don't experience God "speaking" to them and/or guiding tham think they are unworthy. This is how cult leaders and/or the local elders have control over God's people.

The people who follow them think they can be closer to God by doing so. By being closer to someone that God "talks" to whether Danny, the pastors, the church members, or whomever, believe they are living closer to God.

I believe this is spiritual arrogance. I believe this is spiritial abuse. I believe this is WRONG!

I fell for this controling abuse when I came to 3ABN although I had seen it before, to a lesser degree.

Maybe God allowed 3ABN to come into existance when it did because our leaders at the GC had no vision for this type of ministry or the knowledge/personnel to spread the gospel to the world by this means. Our leaders must be too old and set in their ways to have this type of vision (that Danny claimed to have) or plans to spread the Gospel via satellite would have been in the plans long before Danny came up with this idea.

Do any of you wonder why the growth of the church in United States is so poor? Why would God's true church grow so slowly? Can it be anything but poor leadership?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post May 13 2006, 04:19 PM
Post #662

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Brother Sam @ May 13 2006, 01:13 PM) [snapback]130582[/snapback]

Maybe God allowed 3ABN to come into existance when it did because our leaders at the GC had no vision for this type of ministry or the knowledge/personnel to spread the gospel to the world by this means. Our leaders must be too old and set in their ways to have this type of vision (that Danny claimed to have) or plans to spread the Gospel via satellite would have been in the plans long before Danny came up with this idea.

Actually our leaders did have the vision, and at about the same time as Danny did. But they did not have the resources to carry out their vision, and who could have forseen that this person who seemed to have their same vision would so soon have teamed up with other Independent Ministries who were so critical of the church as those described here. And who in GC circles could have known either the intimate moral history of the man, much less could have predicted the growing circle of immoralities and fiscal improprieties that would occur in the future?

The really big question may be, why were those who reached deep into their pockets and financed Danny's dream not willing to enable the vision of GC leaders? Why did they choose to back Danny instead?

+Quote Post
Jvat
post May 14 2006, 11:16 PM
Post #663

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

Either to have control or to avoid bureaucracy, Watchbird?

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 18 2006, 10:41 AM
Post #664

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

closed for the moment...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jun 10 2006, 05:02 PM
Post #665

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Brother Sam @ May 13 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]130582[/snapback]

I have been reading the posts on blacksda and can verify many as being true in regards to 3ABN.

What I'm about to post, some may say I'm wrong but I do believe God leads people.

It's interesting how some cult leaders, conferences leaders, pastors, local elders, church members, etc. say God told them or God reveiled to them.

Since I left 3ABN, when I hear someone say God told me..., I tune them out - I don't want to hear what they have to say or talk to them. I've heard enough of that "jargon" while I was at 3ABN to last a lifetime. I just assume they are lying, based on my exeriences there.

I have seen so much of taking a little incident or whatever and they make a mircale out of it. They then turn and twist and expand on how God "told" them.

From what I have seen so far in my life, they use these stories to be spiritually arrogant and to have control over people.

People look to these people as being "one with God". The people accept their power over them. They let them control them. The ones who don't experience God "speaking" to them and/or guiding tham think they are unworthy. This is how cult leaders and/or the local elders have control over God's people.

The people who follow them think they can be closer to God by doing so. By being closer to someone that God "talks" to whether Danny, the pastors, the church members, or whomever, believe they are living closer to God.

I believe this is spiritual arrogance. I believe this is spiritial abuse. I believe this is WRONG!

I fell for this controling abuse when I came to 3ABN although I had seen it before, to a lesser degree.

Do any of you wonder why the growth of the church in United States is so poor? Why would God's true church grow so slowly? Can it be anything but poor leadership?

This was closed 3 weeks ago and there have been no comments since it was opened again. . .

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Jun 10 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #666

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

This was closed 3 weeks ago and there have been no comments since it was opened again. . .

Nope unless we count the above one as a comment... rofl1.gif snack.gif

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jun 11 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #667

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(Clay @ May 13 2006, 07:36 AM) [snapback]130555[/snapback]

which is why we need to question everything.... I am not impressed with the stories and I do not think their connection to God is greater than mine..... the same God that speaks to them can speak to me....

The days of following someone blindly should be over.....

Hardly. Why do you think the book on 3ABN miracles by Kay Kuzma was the most sold book published by the Pacific Press in 2005?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 11 2006, 02:01 PM
Post #668

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Jun 11 2006, 02:29 PM) [snapback]134318[/snapback]

Hardly. Why do you think the book on 3ABN miracles by Kay Kuzma was the most sold book published by the Pacific Press in 2005?

because people still believe the hype... they refuse to believe that the Creator wants an intimate relationship with them....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jun 11 2006, 03:52 PM
Post #669

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Jun 11 2006, 09:01 PM) [snapback]134320[/snapback]

because people still believe the hype... they refuse to believe that the Creator wants an intimate relationship with them....

How important, then, is our message?

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 11 2006, 08:12 PM
Post #670

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Johann @ Jun 11 2006, 02:52 PM) [snapback]134330[/snapback]

How important, then, is our message?

What message exactly are you referring to?

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jun 11 2006, 10:59 PM
Post #671

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 12 2006, 03:12 AM) [snapback]134351[/snapback]

What message exactly are you referring to?

What Clay said,

This post has been edited by Johann: Jun 11 2006, 11:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jun 13 2006, 11:56 AM
Post #672

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Johann @ Jun 11 2006, 01:29 PM) [snapback]134318[/snapback]

Why do you think the book on 3ABN miracles by Kay Kuzma was the most sold book published by the Pacific Press in 2005?

Remember, Pacific Press never stated to whom the books were sold.

My guess is that the various "miracle" books are purchased in quantity by Three Angels Broadcasting Network Inc., for redistribution.

You can buy these books from the 3ABN Call Center, so 3ABN probably has stacks of of them on hand. Only the Lord knows how many stacks.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Jun 13 2006, 12:16 PM

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Jun 13 2006, 12:56 PM
Post #673

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jun 13 2006, 01:56 PM) [snapback]134571[/snapback]

Remember, Pacific Press never stated to whom the books were sold.

My guess is that the various "miracle" books are purchased in quantity by Three Angels Broadcasting Network Inc., for redistribution.

You can buy these books from the 3ABN Call Center, so 3ABN probably has stacks of of them on hand. Only the Lord knows how many stacks.

Whatever happened to that other book, Channel of Blessing, is it still being advertised?

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jun 13 2006, 02:32 PM
Post #674

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Jun 13 2006, 12:56 PM) [snapback]134576[/snapback]

Whatever happened to that other book, Channel of Blessing, is it still being advertised?

A Channel of Blessing, by Bob Ellis, was was still being offered by 3ABN not too long ago, so I think it is still available.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 5 2006, 05:24 PM
Post #675

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Where did Mr. Shelton and his new bride meet again? Clearly they were not traveling in the same circles......or were they? I mean how do you meet a person 20 yrs younger? when you are still married.....

--------------------

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 43 44 45 46 47 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:50 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church