Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=675 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:50:40 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 44 45 46 47 48 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
Seraphim7
post Jul 5 2006, 07:16 PM
Post #676

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 5 2006, 07:24 PM) [snapback]137722[/snapback]

Where did Mr. Shelton and his new bride meet again? Clearly they were not traveling in the same circles......or were they? I mean how do you meet a person 20 yrs younger? when you are still married.....

It's not inconceivable that their first conversation started something like "Hi! Welcome to McDonald's; may I take your order please?"

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4reneyonly
post Jul 5 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #677

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,162

You are soooo wrong rofl1.gif But probably so right roflmao.gif

Usually these wayward ministers hit on the babysitters...ala PTL style. Some prefer the wife's sister, the church secretary, or other lonely women in the church.

This post has been edited by 4reneyonly: Jul 5 2006, 07:30 PM

--------------------
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:26-28 KJV

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 5 2006, 09:26 PM
Post #678

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Jul 5 2006, 07:16 PM) [snapback]137748[/snapback]

It's not inconceivable that their first conversation started something like "Hi! Welcome to McDonald's; may I take your order please?"

In His service,
Mr. J

you are soooooo sick...... rofl1.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Jul 5 2006, 09:40 PM
Post #679

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

In His service,
Mr. J

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif You are cracking me up!!

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 5 2006, 09:44 PM
Post #680

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Jul 5 2006, 07:16 PM) [snapback]137748[/snapback]

In His service,
Mr. J

at least you didn't say it was a intro like: "okay folks its time for the children's story, kids come on down, Uncle Danny is telling the story today....."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Jul 6 2006, 08:18 PM
Post #681

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,650

I am not sure if this question has been answered, I haven't seen it if it has. Has Danny ever said where he was when Linda was dealing with the problem with her son? If he had been involved it seems like this whole mess could have been avoided...

I understand he was not "involved" but what is his "excuse", why was she dealing with this alone? I am sure 3ABN could have survived with him and Linda taking some time off to deal with this problem together, like it should have been.....

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jul 6 2006, 10:15 PM
Post #682

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Actually, this has been addressed before, but by way of a concern, as to what kind of man can spend that much time helping raise a child, yet be so distant. Apparently the boy's problems were on going for quite a while. Danny was so far removed that he acted as if the problem with the child didn't exist at all. He acted as if he had no idea why Linda would be on the phone with this man, never did he mention the son. t was only when Linda and others started explaining that the man was tne Dr. treating the son.

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Jul 6 2006, 07:18 PM) [snapback]137939[/snapback]

I am not sure if this question has been answered, I haven't seen it if it has. Has Danny ever said where he was when Linda was dealing with the problem with her son? If he had been involved it seems like this whole mess could have been avoided...

I understand he was not "involved" but what is his "excuse", why was she dealing with this alone? I am sure 3ABN could have survived with him and Linda taking some time off to deal with this problem together, like it should have been.....

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 7 2006, 12:47 AM
Post #683

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jul 7 2006, 06:15 AM) [snapback]137964[/snapback]

Actually, this has been addressed before, but by way of a concern, as to what kind of man can spend that much time helping raise a child, yet be so distant. Apparently the boy's problems were on going for quite a while. Danny was so far removed that he acted as if the problem with the child didn't exist at all. He acted as if he had no idea why Linda would be on the phone with this man, never did he mention the son. t was only when Linda and others started explaining that the man was tne Dr. treating the son.

I saw Nathan, Linda's son, when he was in Noway and had eceived treatments for ten days. By then he was completely changed, off drugs, off alcohol, and had stopped smoking. I did not recognize him whenI saw him again after such short treaments. I discoveed that this was none of Danny's concern, he ridiculed that any improvements had taken place. It became evident in my dealings with Danny that all he was interested in was to use Linda's involvement in the cure of her son as "proof" that she was involved with the doctor, and that he could use that as evidense that he had a Biblical mandate for divorce and marrying someone else. Danny even wrote to me that his only reason for taking part in the counselling in Kansas was that he was assured the cousellors there would give him a Biblical mandate to divorce Linda and marry someone else. He wrote this to me before they went there.

Later I will comment on the different reports Linda and Danny gave me of the long counselling session.

Stay tuned, like sister says! (I still do not know who sister is.) wave.gif

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jul 7 2006, 11:15 AM
Post #684

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Johann @ Jul 7 2006, 12:47 AM) [snapback]137973[/snapback]

I saw Nathan, Linda's son, when he was in Noway and had eceived treatments for ten days. By then he was completely changed, off drugs, off alcohol, and had stopped smoking. I did not recognize him whenI saw him again after such short treaments. I discoveed that this was none of Danny's concern, he ridiculed that any improvements had taken place. It became evident in my dealings with Danny that all he was interested in was to use Linda's involvement in the cure of her son as "proof" that she was involved with the doctor, and that he could use that as evidense that he had a Biblical mandate for divorce and marrying someone else. Danny even wrote to me that his only reason for taking part in the counselling in Kansas was that he was assured the cousellors there would give him a Biblical mandate to divorce Linda and marry someone else. He wrote this to me before they went there.

Later I will comment on the different reports Linda and Danny gave me of the long counselling session.

Stay tuned, like sister says! (I still do not know who sister is.) wave.gif

I think the "someone else" was already in the picture.

I think Danny was having so much trouble finding a good vein, that Dr. Thompson had to call in Kay Kuzma, Nicholas Miller and Bill Hulsey to help administer Linda's coup de grâce , metaphorically speaking.

It's a very sad story.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Jul 7 2006, 11:26 AM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jul 7 2006, 11:20 AM
Post #685

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

....and he was still having problems, so he decided to make something up instead!

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jul 7 2006, 10:15 AM) [snapback]138035[/snapback]

I think the "someone else" was already in the picture.

I think Danny was having so much trouble finding a good vein, that Dr. Thompson had to call in Kay Kuzma, Nicholas Miller and Bill Hulsey to help administer Linda's coup de gras , metaphorically speaking.
It's a very sad story.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 7 2006, 01:14 PM
Post #686

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jul 7 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]138037[/snapback]

....and he was still having problems, so he decided to make something up instead!

wrong on so many levels.... ummm where are the witnesses..... lol.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
no_cults
post Jul 20 2006, 08:26 AM
Post #687

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,322

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Jul 5 2006, 08:16 PM) [snapback]137748[/snapback]

In His service,
Mr. J

Maybe he met her on the telephone.....
(that's bad!)

+Quote Post
icedragon
post Jul 20 2006, 08:37 AM
Post #688

Advanced Member

Member No.: 918

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 24 2006, 09:46 AM) [snapback]123023[/snapback]

I read something on Linda Shelton's website that did concern me regarding that...

"Q. What about phone calls? Did you talk to someone regularly of the opposite sex?
A.I met Dr. Abrahamsen, a 60 year old physician, elder and counselor, briefly at 3ABN the last week of December 2003. He began treating my son, Nathan, in January 2004. We began speaking on the phone in regards to Nathan’s problems when "the problem" began. Since Dr. Abrahamsen lived 6,000 miles away, and "the problem" involved some high profile people, I felt this was the best option. Typically I do not believe it is proper to speak regularly to people of the opposite sex when one is married. However, I do believe in a crisis situation the rules change. One must get help where one can find it."

It sounds like she may have believed that there was something wrong here....While the quote does not call it that, there is an implied "this is wrong, but because it was a crisi situation, it can be excused"... blink.gif

http://www.lindashelton.org/questions.html

It is wrong to talk to someone of the opposite sex if you are married? What is this the 1850's. I thought the Victorian areas was over along time ago. It is wrong to have sex with someone of the opposite sex that is adultery, but talk that is stupid. bangin.gif that is like the old "adademy" days when you were accused of having sex if you held hands. How stupid.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jul 20 2006, 08:48 AM
Post #689

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

So, he had to figure out something to be able to marry Brandi!

QUOTE(icedragon @ Jul 20 2006, 06:37 AM) [snapback]140672[/snapback]

It is wrong to talk to someone of the opposite sex if you are married? What is this the 1850's. I thought the Victorian areas was over along time ago. It is wrong to have sex with someone of the opposite sex that is adultery, but talk that is stupid. bangin.gif that is like the old "adademy" days when you were accused of having sex if you held hands. How stupid.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jul 20 2006, 09:48 AM
Post #690

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

http://www.sdadefend.com/MINDEX-T/Torres.pdf

Danny asks why his board, his pastor and the conference leaders would support him if he is not right. My question is why would Danny not have thought he would be supported by his board, his pastor and the conference leaders when this kind of thing is business as usual with many who should know better and do better. And who would think the church members would care or have the clout to do anything about it even if they did care? Of course he expected the “good ole boy network” to back him up wink wink. After all, boys will be boys won’t they?

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 44 45 46 47 48 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:50 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church