Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9764&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:28:29 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History Of 3abn, Chapter 3 (the high road, low road)
sister
post Apr 20 2006, 10:53 AM
Post #1

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

The Parable of “the high road and the low road”...

Many years ago there were two young men who attended Emmanuel Missionary College. In addition to being college-mates, they shared some things in common, both Seventh-day Adventist and both had the desire study and grow in knowledge. They were known in those days as Walt and Johann, two young men headed in the same direction, beginning their higher education to prepare for their futures. In time their paths began to diverge, one choose the field of medicine, the other answered God’s call to pastoral ministry. Their educations continued, one became a surgeon, the other a pastor. Little did they realize that one day many years in the future their paths would again cross and for a time join, only to diverge again. At that time they would have passed the bloom of youth, raised families, continued in their careers, gone through middle-age and reached maturity.

Time and experience changes people, Walt and Johann were no longer the same young men they had been all those years ago. Through their shared experiences one of them would be disappointed to see the development of character that had taken place in his former classmate. And the other? Let’s go on with the story...

The juncture where their paths were to be joined again was in the small town of Thompsonville, Illinois, the location was Three Angels Broadcasting Network and the man that was to influence both their lives in very different ways was Danny Shelton.

By this time both men had reached or past the age of retirement. One has a continuing position at 3ABN, the other would leave in what was made to appear as disgrace. The positions they occupied? Chairman of the Board of 3ABN and European Liaison.

There have not been as many European Liaisons over the years as there have been accountants. But both have something in common, the level of their conscience can not be too refined if they plan to make 3ABN a long term career choice. Sooner or later a day of reckoning does come and a stand will have to be taken.

Johann believed in the ministry of 3ABN and wanted to bring the televised message of the Gospel “24/7" to Europe. But this was not destined to be. For Johann the time of departure would be approaching, like the tornados that have plowed their way through the countryside of southern Illinois, leaving a path of destruction in their wake. For Johann the tornado came in the form of requests from the President of 3ABN. But he refused to damage his reputation by spreading the falsehoods that Danny Shelton required of him. In disappointment he realize that his former classmate from Emmanuel Missionary College did not share his convictions. For Walt Thompson believed Danny when he said that if he, Danny, were to admit his fault it would damage the reputation of 3ABN. So, Walt was willing to spread Danny’s fictitious stories to save Danny's reputation.

Self-delusion can cause people to do and say things that any thinking person would look at in total amazement and wonder how they could ever come to that conclusion. How could anyone delude themselves to that degree? So it was for Johann Thorvaldsson when a letter arrived for him from Danny Shelton. Danny wrote that since Moses and David could get away with adultery and murder, so can he, since God has given him such a great task to perform.

Every parable has a moral and this one is no exception. For those who uphold truth it can be a difficult road to tread, but one day they will see that all they have endured is nothing compared to the knowledge of the Gospel of Christ Jesus. One day they will hear His words, “Well done good and faithful servant.”

For the others whose, “Pride goes before a fall.”, we can only pray that one day like a sleeper they will awaken from their delusional dream and repent before the hour is too late, before they stand before the Throne of God, telling of all the things they have done in his name, and hear Him say, “Depart from me for I never knew you.”

Each one of us must make that same choice, each one of us must take responsibility for the path that he chooses to follow...

This post has been edited by Clay: Jul 3 2006, 12:57 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 20 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #2

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

unauthorized bio's are so good.... of course those being written about will deny, deny, and deny....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post Apr 20 2006, 04:38 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

QUOTE(sister @ Apr 20 2006, 10:53 AM) [snapback]127296[/snapback]

The Parable of “the high road and the low road”...

In time their paths began to diverge, one choose the field of medicine, the other answered God’s call to ministry.

Hey before someone else skewers you, what do you mean by this? Are you suggesting that medicine is neither a call of God nor a call to ministry? Just a digression...you don't have to respond. Keep the story going. Great work.

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Apr 21 2006, 04:42 AM
Post #4

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

Hmmm. just a ponder. Wasn't one of Linda's last songs...Take the Higher Road? I wonder if her last album had clues no one heard?

Priscilla

+Quote Post
denisebyers
post Apr 21 2006, 06:59 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,654

Funny, I thought the same thing. That song was in her album, "I think About Grace" I just recently brought 3 of her CD's. It looks as though that was her 2nd to last CD. Her last one was 'Makin' Memories" They have some really nice songs on them, and most of the songs were written and produced by Linda. smile.gif

QUOTE(Prisca @ Apr 21 2006, 06:42 AM) [snapback]127390[/snapback]

Hmmm. just a ponder. Wasn't one of Linda's last songs...Take the Higher Road? I wonder if her last album had clues no one heard?

Priscilla

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Apr 21 2006, 05:29 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

ok i'm waiting for the next chapter hiya.gif

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 21 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #7

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

A Teaser or Previews of Coming Attractions...

It has been said “that it is impossible to know the players without a score card”. Is that really true? Or just another device to increase program sales as spectators enter the arena? Well, “you pays your monies and you takes your chances”...

THE PLAYERS:

Danny Lee Shelton
Position: Always #1 in his book

Don’t get in the way of his spotlight, you are likely to disappear: ask Kenny or Linda.

Molly Sue Steenson
#2 and gaining ground quickly

Over the years speculation in the Shelton clan has run high concerning the hold that Molly has over Danny. She is ever his “oracle of truth”. Molly/Truth? That has the distinct scent of an oxymoron.

Hal Steenson
#3 and holding tight on Molly’s coat tails, as long as he can remain publicly sober

Hal is a very charismatic preacher, he can hold a congregation in his hand and skillfully maneuver them into turning cartwheels as he charms them with his “good old boy” southern humor and homespun wisdom. His current assignment? Proclaiming the “godly” character of Danny Shelton. Like a master magician, Hal’s verbal sight of hand is so persuasive that I almost believe him... Fortunately, I’ve seen what lies behind the smoke and mirrors.

Dr. Walt Thompson
3ABN Defender, twisting the truth, as long as it is for the “good of the ministry”

His most current letter, posted in another thread on BSDA, is graded USDA Prime Pork. If twisting does not suffice, than spreading Danny’s falsehoods, “to save the ministry” is no longer a breach of his conscience.

As every basketball afficionado knows, there are always five players in the starting lineup. So who else will show up on center court?

Stay tuned...

This post has been edited by sister: Apr 21 2006, 09:20 PM

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 21 2006, 09:23 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 20 2006, 11:56 AM) [snapback]127298[/snapback]

unauthorized bio's are so good.... of course those being written about will deny, deny, and deny....

Yes, Clay, you are right. But from just one state away from Illinois, I have heard confirmation of all that sister has said from far and wide. I admire her for all the time and effort she must have taken to tell us the truth. Wherever she is, may God bless her as she carries the message of God to all the world.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Apr 21 2006, 09:58 PM
Post #9

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(sister @ Apr 21 2006, 09:19 PM) [snapback]127488[/snapback]

Dr. Walt Thompson
3ABN Defender, twisting the truth, as long as it is for the “good of the ministry”

His most current letter, posted in another thread on BSDA, is graded USDA Prime Pork. If twisting does not suffice, than spreading Danny’s falsehoods, “to save the ministry” is no longer a breach of his conscience.

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 21 2006, 09:23 PM) [snapback]127489[/snapback]

Yes, Clay, you are right. But from just one state away from Illinois, I have heard confirmation of all that sister has said from far and wide. I admire her for all the time and effort she must have taken to tell us the truth. Wherever she is, may God bless her as she carries the message of God to all the world.

I have no reason to believe your version of this saga is anymore creditable than that of Dr Thompson. I suspect the true is somewhere in between and will probably never be known with any certainty. This makes for interesting reading, not much else.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 22 2006, 12:34 AM
Post #10

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 21 2006, 10:58 PM) [snapback]127491[/snapback]

I have no reason to believe your version of this saga is anymore creditable than that of Dr Thompson. I suspect the true is somewhere in between and will probably never be known with any certainty. This makes for interesting reading, not much else.

Agreed Calvin, most unauthorized bio's are an interesting read..... Until something is confirmed... remember when the critics blasted Jose Canseco's book as a book of lies.... until people started testing positive for steroids.... now the book is being viewed as the "bible" of steroids in baseball......

Time will tell....

--------------------

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Apr 22 2006, 03:37 AM
Post #11

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 22 2006, 12:34 AM) [snapback]127502[/snapback]

Agreed Calvin, most unauthorized bio's are an interesting read..... Until something is confirmed... remember when the critics blasted Jose Canseco's book as a book of lies.... until people started testing positive for steroids.... now the book is being viewed as the "bible" of steroids in baseball......

Time will tell....

hot mess on toast...that's all im sayin snack.gif

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 21 2006, 09:58 PM) [snapback]127491[/snapback]

sounds like a bunch of drama! wonder how much really is true... scratchchin.gif

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Apr 22 2006, 05:20 AM
Post #12

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 21 2006, 09:58 PM) [snapback]127491[/snapback]

I was in southern Illinois at one time and I think it is more than just interesting reading. I think it answers some puzzling questions I had.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 22 2006, 06:01 AM
Post #13

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Apr 22 2006, 06:20 AM) [snapback]127510[/snapback]

I was in southern Illinois at one time and I think it is more than just interesting reading. I think it answers some puzzling questions I had.

This is all new news to me... I was not familiar with any of the history of 3ABN, though I know many conservative folks live and die by what is shown on it.....

In fact until the divorce thing, I really hadn't paid much attention to 3ABN, much less watched it.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_silsbee_bee_*
post Apr 22 2006, 06:19 AM
Post #14

Guests

Are you conservative if you believe sda doctrine, and liberal if you don't? I don't think so. They preach the same thing on hope tv, LLBN, etc. If a black oriented netwrok comes into being they will have to preach the same doctrine. You can't get on the air and say 'I don't believe this, and this and that.' Jerry Falwell, et all, they are already doing that. You can't just do praise music. Two other black networks tried that and they got run off.

As for this unauthorized bio mumbo jumbo, this is not a bio. It is msg board mess. There is no such thing as an unauthorized bio with a anonymous, seudo name byline. Jesus is the truth, and if you're telling the truth, why are you afraid? ON a msg board you can say this or that and not be afraid of lawsuits. Put it in a book. If this stuff is the truth, stand on it.

DB

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 22 2006, 06:26 AM
Post #15

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(silsbee_bee @ Apr 22 2006, 07:19 AM) [snapback]127515[/snapback]

Are you conservative if you believe sda doctrine, and liberal if you don't? I don't think so. They preach the same thing on hope tv, LLBN, etc. If a black oriented netwrok comes into being they will have to preach the same doctrine. You can't get on the air and say 'I don't believe this, and this and that.' Jerry Falwell, et all, they are already doing that. You can't just do praise music. Two other black networks tried that and they got run off.

As for this unauthorized bio mumbo jumbo, this is not a bio. It is msg board mess. There is no such thing as an unauthorized bio with a anonymous, seudo name byline. Jesus is the truth, and if you're telling the truth, why are you afraid? ON a msg board you can say this or that and not be afraid of lawsuits. Put it in a book. If this stuff is the truth, stand on it.

DB

Historically adventist beliefs have been more conservative than liberal.... The point is that for the most part 3ABN appeals to the conservative in adventism. As for the other, well you are reading this message board mumbo jumbo....and do so on a regular basis.... actions speak louder than words DB....

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:28 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church