Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9764&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:59:42 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History Of 3abn, Chapter 3 (the high road, low road)
Guest_statrei_*
post Apr 22 2006, 06:50 AM
Post #16

Guests

QUOTE(silsbee_bee @ Apr 22 2006, 07:19 AM) [snapback]127515[/snapback]

ON a msg board you can say this or that and not be afraid of lawsuits.

Did you mean "gracesuits?"

This post has been edited by statrei: Apr 22 2006, 06:52 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_silsbee_bee_*
post Apr 22 2006, 06:53 AM
Post #17

Guests

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 22 2006, 07:26 AM) [snapback]127518[/snapback]

Historically adventist beliefs have been more conservative than liberal.... The point is that for the most part 3ABN appeals to the conservative in adventism. As for the other, well you are reading this message board mumbo jumbo....and do so on a regular basis.... actions speak louder than words DB....

I glance at it. I don't have to read 10k posts to figure out where a person's coming from, especially if they repeat the same stuff over and over.

DB

+Quote Post
Guest_silsbee_bee_*
post Apr 22 2006, 07:04 AM
Post #18

Guests

QUOTE(statrei @ Apr 22 2006, 06:50 AM) [snapback]127522[/snapback]

Did you mean "gracesuits?"

It doesn't even have to go as far as law suits. If you going to sling all sorts of mud and not even put your name on the byline, why should I believe it?

DB

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 22 2006, 04:16 PM
Post #19

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(silsbee_bee @ Apr 22 2006, 07:53 AM) [snapback]127523[/snapback]

I glance at it. I don't have to read 10k posts to figure out where a person's coming from, especially if they repeat the same stuff over and over.

DB

lol.... yes DB we do repeat ourselves don't we.... no need to hate... no.gif

This post has been edited by Clay: Apr 22 2006, 04:17 PM

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 22 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #20

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ Apr 22 2006, 04:37 AM) [snapback]127504[/snapback]

hot mess on toast...that's all im sayin snack.gif

giggle.gif
QUOTE(silsbee_bee @ Apr 22 2006, 07:19 AM) [snapback]127515[/snapback]

Are you conservative if you believe sda doctrine, and liberal if you don't? I don't think so. They preach the same thing on hope tv, LLBN, etc. If a black oriented netwrok comes into being they will have to preach the same doctrine. You can't get on the air and say 'I don't believe this, and this and that.' Jerry Falwell, et all, they are already doing that. You can't just do praise music. Two other black networks tried that and they got run off.

As for this unauthorized bio mumbo jumbo, this is not a bio. It is msg board mess. There is no such thing as an unauthorized bio with a anonymous, seudo name byline. Jesus is the truth, and if you're telling the truth, why are you afraid? ON a msg board you can say this or that and not be afraid of lawsuits. Put it in a book. If this stuff is the truth, stand on it.

Let me do some diggin'...but I do believe that I have read two unauthorized bio's with psudo-named authors.... Gotta go dig in my books....

BBL.....

Also - If you are telling the whole truth - you don't have to make the other person look bad. You can tell your full part without telling all the dirt on the other person and still look "good" to all.

I ain't heard nuthin' but dirt from Dannny Shelton. He hasn't admitted to doing anything wrong at all.... and per the published divorce-tied contract it seemed that something could be said by Linda - which is why she is silenced.

That is all I'm saying.

If you ain't got nothin' to worry about - (like you said DB) why are they worried about what Linda is going to say by silencing her? Maybe she is going to say some...... Oh...... I don't know.....

Some truth?

dunno.gif

This post has been edited by PrincessDrRe: Apr 22 2006, 08:28 PM

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 23 2006, 07:42 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Apr 22 2006, 08:27 PM) [snapback]127587[/snapback]

giggle.gif

Let me do some diggin'...but I do believe that I have read two unauthorized bio's with psudo-named authors.... Gotta go dig in my books....

BBL.....

Also - If you are telling the whole truth - you don't have to make the other person look bad. You can tell your full part without telling all the dirt on the other person and still look "good" to all.

I ain't heard nuthin' but dirt from Dannny Shelton. He hasn't admitted to doing anything wrong at all.... and per the published divorce-tied contract it seemed that something could be said by Linda - which is why she is silenced.

That is all I'm saying.

If you ain't got nothin' to worry about - (like you said DB) why are they worried about what Linda is going to say by silencing her? Maybe she is going to say some...... Oh...... I don't know...

It still all goes back to "By their fruits you shall know them." I have not heard one word from Danny, unless he, too, is writing under a pen name. But Linda has her own website and she speaks from her heart and in her own name. I do not believe that Linda could have stayed at 3abn for 20 years and not have seen some of the distasetful things that went on at 3ABN. Perhaps she was involved with some of it---I don't know. Maybe she closed her eyes to please and keep her husband. I don't know and neither do most of you know. But for some reason, afer she was dislodged from her post as Vice-President., she has been silenced from telling what she is aware of and what she knows.. But when you read between her lines, you can see a real lady who may someday tell the truth---2007 is not so far away. But one thing that I do believe, is that Linda will never say anything that will be against the work that 3ABN is doing--even as late as yesterday. With the approved spoken knowledge by Dr. Thompson that they have never accused Linda of adultry, it is obvious that we can see the fact that the President of 3ABN has committed adultry--maybe before his marriage and obviously since. Again, "By their fruits you shall know them." The Lord allowed David to do a work for him, but remember that because of his sins, he was not allowed to build the great temple which was to be built to honor God..

Some truth?

dunno.gif

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 23 2006, 09:59 AM
Post #22

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

I’m leavin’ on a jet plane, or “it's just nickle and dime stuff...”

On a pristine day in the southern part of Illinois a “baby jet” rolls onto the tarmac. As it glistens in the morning sun, fuel gauges indicate the tanks are full. The flight plan has been logged, before exiting the hanger in Marion, Illinois. This six seat baby taxis down the runway, with a roar of it’s jet engines the pilot achieves lift off with his co-pilot seated at his side.

The destination? On this trip, another 3ABN beg-a-thon—oh excuse my French, that’s what it’s referred to when donations are sought out by other televangelists. When the source is a live 3ABN Sabbath telecast (SDA prime time), from an Adventist church, it is a “Rally”. No matter what language it is framed in, it still remains nothing more than the mind set that changed a garbage man into a Sanitary Engineer. Either way it is expressed, at the end of the day he still hauls the same garbage.

The purpose? To separate donors from their hard earned cash. Conservatively estimating between one to one and a half million dollars a year to keep a private jet, with all its peripherals costs, standing ready in a hanger in southern Illinois, it takes more than some loose change jingling in a few people’s pockets to pay for Danny’s comfort and convenience. That definitely is not chump change. Are the personal flights, from which Danny, his friends and relatives have greatly benefitted, a compensation for no longer racking up all those frequent flyers miles earned through utilizing commercial airlines?

This brings to mind a biblical object lesson from the ministry of Jesus, Matthew 21:12, 13. Recapping this familiar narration, the triumphal entry of Jesus into Jerusalem has come to pass, then Jesus entered the temple of God. He drove out all those who bought and sold in the temple and said, “My house shall be called a house of prayer, but you have made it a den of thieves”.

Wait a minute...applying that example to Danny publishing his own books and after receiving his royalties and paying for the cost of printing, marking up the price 200-400% ,before selling it to his own ministry, then generously making it the free weekly offer, is a more appropriate application. Just imagine multiplying that scenario by over five million times and you have the free pamphlets that 3ABN is giving away to be distributed for 10 Commandments Day. In addition to that, Danny has petitioned the viewers to send in their donations to pay for the printing costs. And all the churches have to pay is the cost of shipping. An easy way to feather a nest, if you can ignore your conscience.

I have heard it said in T’ville that there are some good old boys who feel a mite uncomfortable these days standing too close to Danny during a thunder storm. The bolder among them have weighed the odds, and quietly ease back and look up. You never know when a bolt of lighting from Heaven might strike. As I look out of my window, is that a thunder head forming on the horizon slowly moving in the direction of 3ABN? A jagged bolt of lighting streaks across the sky, as the clouds begin to darken, I start that age old count down, while waiting for the clap of thunder, one-one thousand...two-one thousand...

To be continued...

This post has been edited by sister: Apr 23 2006, 07:36 PM

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post Apr 23 2006, 02:41 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

QUOTE(silsbee_bee @ Apr 22 2006, 07:04 AM) [snapback]127525[/snapback]

It doesn't even have to go as far as law suits. If you going to sling all sorts of mud and not even put your name on the byline, why should I believe it?

DB

I for one admire "sister" and believe her 100% in the details she lays out as facts. Obviously she does have her own motives as all of us do...but I believe her facts 100% and I am sympathetic to her spin on the facts.

I don't believe (as Mr Calvin suggests) that we can derive truth by finding the mean o0f competing versions. Much of what sister says can be easily independently verified or corroborated at least by talking to others.

As I said, I for one am a believer in all sister has to say...and I hope she continues to bring out the truth...anyone who reads her carefully can see that she holds back on more damaging stuff...and i am glad for that. We do not need all the dirt, just enough facts to let everyone know that 3ABN's management is nothing like some of its great programming.

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 23 2006, 05:47 PM
Post #24

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Zephyr @ Apr 23 2006, 03:41 PM) [snapback]127639[/snapback]

...enough facts to let everyone know that 3ABN's management is nothing like some of its great programming.

Zephyr, you have just hit the proverbial nail on the head.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Apr 23 2006, 05:55 PM
Post #25

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(sister @ Apr 23 2006, 09:59 AM) [snapback]127631[/snapback]

I’m leavin’ on a jet plane, or “it's just nickle and dime stuff...”

I have heard it said in T’ville that there are some good old boys who feel a mite uncomfortable these days standing too close to Danny during a thunder storm. The bolder among them have weighed the odds, and quietly ease back and look up. You never know when a bolt of lighting from Heaven might strike. As I look out of my window, is that a thunder head forming on the horizon slowly moving in the direction of 3ABN? A jagged bolt of lighting streaks across the sky, as the clouds begin to darken, I start that age old count down, while waiting for the clap of thunder, one-one thousand...two-one thousand...

Indeed, Sister, an increasing number of the good old boys and girls are fleeing T'ville as fast as they can. Anybody have some job openings for television professionals?

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 23 2006, 07:09 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Zephyr @ Apr 23 2006, 02:41 PM) [snapback]127639[/snapback]

I for one admire "sister" and believe her 100% in the details she lays out as facts. Obviously she does have her own motives as all of us do...but I believe her facts 100% and I am sympathetic to her spin on the facts.

I don't believe (as Mr Calvin suggests) that we can derive truth by finding the mean o0f competing versions. Much of what sister says can be easily independently verified or corroborated at least by talking to others.

As I said, I for one am a believer in all sister has to say...and I hope she continues to bring out the truth...anyone who reads her carefully can see that she holds back on more damaging stuff...and i am glad for that. We do not need all the dirt, just enough facts to let everyone know that 3ABN's management is nothing like some of its great programming.

I, too, believe everything that sister says, but I have stated that before. This post is to ask DB what does DB stands for. Thank you, DB.

+Quote Post
Guest_silsbee_bee_*
post Apr 23 2006, 07:49 PM
Post #27

Guests

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 23 2006, 08:09 PM) [snapback]127668[/snapback]

I, too, believe everything that sister says, but I have stated that before. This post is to ask DB what does DB stands for. Thank you, DB.

Darryl Bishop, the old posters around here know who I am.

DB

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Apr 23 2006, 07:50 PM
Post #28

500 + posts
Group Icon

As Paper Tigers siad "very few of the actual employees ever fly on the jet with Danny. Only a select few are allowed and only then on rare occasions... if any of the crew needs to fly they are booked on a commercial flight."

The passengers on the plane are usually family members, friends, and people who need to be impressed. Often enough they have little, or nothing to do with the event, while most of the working staff have to take commercial flights while there are empty seats in the jet.

Then, of course, there are the trips to Nashville to see the doctor, trips to the Bay Area to see the dentist, trips to Salt Lake City to see the basketball games (their coach is from Southern Illinois), etc. Sure, the longer personal trips with the jet will be made to include a weekend so that a church service can be included and that just increases the cost by several extra days of pay for the pilots (they cost $700.00 per day and there are two of them) hotels, and auto rental.

It has been implied that this is is justified in that Danny's time is valuable, and that the total cost of a private jet for one man's convenience adds up to just nickels and dimes. In the commercial corporate world where money is earned and lost on the market, that may be true. But in Christianity (being like Christ) where the majority of the dollars are donated by people who live on nothing more than nickel and dimes, there is a big ethical difference. Those dollars are not earned, they are donated.

Speaking of being like Christ, how valuable was his time? Back then, his equivalent to a jet would have been a charriot with a team of horses. Jesus walked, except for the one time when he borrowed a donkey to ride. And the apostles? They walked, booked passage on commercial ships, and Philip even hitchhiked.

What about our church leaders? Does their time have some value to it? If 1.5 million dollars per year for a jet is chump change, I can think of a rather large number of our church officials who are much very prolific in their travel. Don't you think they should each have jets? Think of the time they could save on the commute over to BWI, those long security lines, having to work within a schedule, etc.

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Apr 23 2006, 08:01 PM
Post #29

Guests

Whatever you may think of Danny Shelton's practices it is his baby. Don't blame him for takng advantage of people who insist on believing that fancy technology is more effective than beautiful lives.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Apr 23 2006, 08:15 PM
Post #30

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(statrei @ Apr 23 2006, 08:01 PM) [snapback]127677[/snapback]

Whatever you may think of Danny Shelton's practices it is his baby. Don't blame him for takng advantage of people who insist on believing that fancy technology is more effective than beautiful lives.

lol_2.gif sad.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church