Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9764&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:59:44 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History Of 3abn, Chapter 3 (the high road, low road)
Panama_Pete
post Apr 23 2006, 10:22 PM
Post #31

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 522

QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 23 2006, 07:50 PM) [snapback]127674[/snapback]

The passengers on the plane are usually family members, friends, and people who need to be impressed. Often enough they have little, or nothing to do with the event, while most of the working staff have to take commercial flights while there are empty seats in the jet.

Then, of course, there are the trips to Nashville to see the doctor, trips to the Bay Area to see the dentist, trips to Salt Lake City to see the basketball games (their coach is from Southern Illinois), etc.

I'm guessing that the Salt Lake City coach mentioned is Jerry Sloan, coach of the Utah Jazz. New York Daily News lists Sloan's average annual compensation at 5.5 million dollars. Sloan is from Hamilton County, in Southern Illinois, close to Danny Shelton.

Danny and Jerry, most likely, both have jet planes: I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

IPB Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 24 2006, 01:15 AM
Post #32

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

What about our church leaders? Does their time have some value to it? If 1.5 million dollars per year for a jet is chump change, I can think of a rather large number of our church officials who are much very prolific in their travel. Don't you think they should each have jets? Think of the time they could save on the commute over to BWI, those long security lines, having to work within a schedule, etc.
Danny Shelton is not a church leader, so he can do basically what he chooses to do with "his" ministry..... If people who support him are not interested in how he spends their money, or if they believe that they should support him no matter what, then that's on them..... The Creator gave us a brain, we can use it or we can blindly follow the hype.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Apr 24 2006, 04:30 AM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 24 2006, 07:15 AM) [snapback]127699[/snapback]

Danny Shelton is not a church leader, so he can do basically what he chooses to do with "his" ministry..... If people who support him are not interested in how he spends their money, or if they believe that they should support him no matter what, then that's on them..... The Creator gave us a brain, we can use it or we can blindly follow the hype.....

Perhaps some feel that they need to let it be known. It is possible?...the consequences for blindness more severe spiritually than the consequences for 'using the brain'? Think of the many people who were sitting nicely and believing faithfully until they found the treasurer with his hand in the pot, the pastor signing checks against the tithe, etc. Is it ever better to be ignorant?

Priscilla

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Apr 24 2006, 06:22 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

I think to some extent that ignorance IS an excuse, except when the truth becomes so apparent and you just choose to not see it. I know some people who just choose to NOT see things because they want to ministry to continue to spread the gospel. But for me I finally left because the bad outweighed the good by a significant amount and I could no longer feel comfortable working in an environment that didn't take anyone else's needs into consideration, except their own.

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Apr 24 2006, 06:46 AM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(statrei @ Apr 23 2006, 09:01 PM) [snapback]127677[/snapback]

Whatever you may think of Danny Shelton's practices it is his baby. Don't blame him for takng advantage of people who insist on believing that fancy technology is more effective than beautiful lives.

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 24 2006, 02:15 AM) [snapback]127699[/snapback]

ITA...I'm not taking sides on whether Danny is right or wrong because I've only watched 3ABN in passing and have no interest in watching it, but from what I know of his ministry and after reading this thread, I can't help but think that maybe the people who donate to 3ABN need to be a little more discerning and a little less gullible. Sometimes we Christians practice "salvation by works" in a round-about way...thinking that if we give to a worthy cause (in this case 3ABN) then somehow we're helping to "evangelize", yet those same people won't even say good morning to their neighbor.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Apr 24 2006, 06:46 AM
Post #36

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Apr 24 2006, 08:22 AM) [snapback]127706[/snapback]

I think to some extent that ignorance IS an excuse, except when the truth becomes so apparent and you just choose to not see it. I know some people who just choose to NOT see things because they want to ministry to continue to spread the gospel. But for me I finally left because the bad outweighed the good by a significant amount and I could no longer feel comfortable working in an environment that didn't take anyone else's needs into consideration, except their own.

I'm reading with great interest all there is about 3ABN. I hope that no one is turned off because of all the goings in southern Illinois. I suppose since 3ABN is a "self-supporting ministry," the leaders of the SDA Church can only wonder if there is going to be any fallout on the organization from this turn of events. If all that Sister is saying is true, and it probably is, Danny is in charge of a little kingdom and I guess his word is law. God help us all!

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Apr 24 2006, 07:01 AM
Post #37

Guests

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Apr 24 2006, 07:46 AM) [snapback]127708[/snapback]

Sometimes we Christians practice "salvation by works" in a round-about way...thinking that if we give to a worthy cause (in this case 3ABN) then somehow we're helping to "evangelize", yet those same people won't even say good morning to their neighbor.

It is called Christianity by proxy.

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 24 2006, 07:27 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Apr 24 2006, 06:46 AM) [snapback]127709[/snapback]

I'm reading with great interest all there is about 3ABN. I hope that no one is turned off because of all the goings in southern Illinois. I suppose since 3ABN is a "self-supporting ministry," the leaders of the SDA Church can only wonder if there is going to be any fallout on the organization from this turn of events. If all that Sister is saying is true, and it probably is, Danny is in charge of a little kingdom and I guess his word is law. God help us all!

The problem , in my own thinking, is that people will not believe because the SDA church ,as a whole, will not deal with the problem. 3ABN, to this point, has been so useful to the church that they have closed their eyes to the breaking of the Ten Commandments by the leaders of 3ABN. I spoke recently to a minister, who told me that he personally had very little use for Danny SHelton, but as of now, until Hope TV gets a better progression that 3abn is useful, in spite of Danny's and other's own wrongs, and so it is still useful to the church to spread the message. It has really discouraged me since I have had that conversation. If the church, knowing full well of the open marriage and divorce without the grounds of adultry, are saying to our young people that it is alright for them to do the same as long as they are contributing to the outgrowth of the Three Angel Messages. THis minister also told me that, after all, no one can do anything about chastising Danny except the church to which he belongs, and since he has put that church in place and partially furnishes the salary and a big home on a lake, where Pastor L. lives, that it is most unlikely that they will even disapprove of the things that he has done. Remember, that the ministers of his church are also benefiting from the luxuries that Danny enjoys. The minister told me to let God take care of Danny's wrongs, but I, so far, have not spoken to a minister, with the exception of a few, who will put their foot out and make it openly kown that they are going to quit asking for offerings for 3ABN because of the waste of the money there. By the way, does anyone know why Hope TV carries 3abn--does 3ABN pay for airtime from Hope? I do know that the denomination did try to bring 3ABN under the umbrella of the church and they would not do it---so now I am worried that our GC has considered that , if you can't get them to join, then the next step is for Hope TV to join arm in arm with 3ABN. Just remember that many thousands of people are now watching this fiascoat 3ABN. I wonder why it has been removed from the Sky Angel Network. But, please, folks, we need to remember to help to Spread the Gospel and we can do it by being careful where we mark the offerings that we put in the offering plates at our individual churches. Summertime

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 24 2006, 07:58 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Apr 24 2006, 06:46 AM) [snapback]127709[/snapback]

Why are we getting involved at this time? There is a time and place for us to preach the Sabbath Day Sabbath. If we get into this discussion on this particular appointed day, then we are getting into political discussions. I thought that we should not get into or support the political discussions of religion vs. state. Are we asking for trouble---or just inviting it?

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Apr 24 2006, 12:18 PM
Post #40

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 24 2006, 09:58 AM) [snapback]127726[/snapback]

Why are we getting involved at this time? There is a time and place for us to preach the Sabbath Day Sabbath. If we get into this discussion on this particular appointed day, then we are getting into political discussions. I thought that we should not get into or support the political discussions of religion vs. state. Are we asking for trouble---or just inviting it?

Are you talking about the 10 Commandments Day? 3ABN is going all out on this with remote telecasts in several locations. Maybe some soul will be drawn to God's kingdom because of what they see and hear.

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post Jul 5 2006, 08:56 PM
Post #41

Guests

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 24 2006, 08:27 AM) [snapback]127721[/snapback]

By the way, does anyone know why Hope TV carries 3abn--does 3ABN pay for airtime from Hope?

Have we received this answer as of yet?

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 6 2006, 03:04 PM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(vonessa @ Jul 5 2006, 08:56 PM) [snapback]137779[/snapback]

Have we received this answer as of yet? (By the way, does anyone know why Hope TV carries 3abn--does 3ABN pay for airtime from Hope? )

I'm not even sure we ever established that Hope was carrying 3ABN programming--as contrasted with carrying some of the same programs that are carried on 3ABN. Do we have those on here who watch HOPE regularly enough to tell us that?

The fact that the same satellite that carries HOPE, LLBN, etc., also carries 3ABN and some of its permutations might also add to our confusion when talking about this if we are not careful to distinguish between the HOPE satellite and the HOPE TV channels.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church