Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9765&st=135 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:49:48 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History Of 3abn, Chapter 4 (takin care of business...)
higherground2003
post May 2 2006, 03:58 PM
Post #136

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 255

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ May 2 2006, 03:08 PM) [snapback]128848[/snapback]

And with 3ABN:

How many people are going to do the unpaid volunteer work of going to cable companies and saying, "Please, please put Danny's private corporation on the cable TV system? I really need to help Danny keep his horses fed."

Or, "I think Danny needs to a bigger jet this year, I'll add a codicil to my will and make it happen."

That could be a horse of a different color.

I see this same argument with walmart every year and nine times out of ten, they end up moving in. The only cases where I have seen Walmarts not succeed, is when you have a town of people that worked hard to exclude themselves from society (racists or wealthy communities). Those people typically would do the same with ANYTHING that would bring your "average citizen" into their neck of the woods, so that wouldn't be a shock. Other than those cases kind of cases, people generally cry foul until the doors open, then the place is packed with the same people that didn't want them there. Why? Because they are meeting a need. There are tons of examples where city counsels voted against it, to later change their minds after the majority threatened them with their jobs.

I don't care how many people you find that hate 3abn, there will be 2 more that love it. Stations aren't selected because of their morals, they are selected because of their popularity. If this information is brought to light, I predict that he will make even more money and become more popular than ever before.

If "the word network" is willing to telecast someone asking you to send him a letter and a check so that he can keep the check and put the letter in a pile and pray over it, what makes you think that 3abn should be pulled? tongue.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post May 2 2006, 04:08 PM
Post #137

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

QUOTE(Brother Sam @ May 1 2006, 07:16 PM) [snapback]128689[/snapback]
How would you like to be promised a certain salary - then after you had sold everything and moved there, you found your first pay was far less than promised? This was echoed by several employees.

Employees are told that Danny is a prophet and a God - and if you don't pledge complete loyalty, life at work is made intolerable and when you try to find other employment you are given a poor reference.

I was there! I saw it! I experienced it!

Is that the work of good or evil persons?

Good people doing evil things? Then again: there is none good...

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 2 2006, 04:12 PM
Post #138

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Oh, I think we are saying it directly to him. He may not be answering, but I am sure he is lurking somehere out there..........He definitely was the last time. If his daughter has been here, I am sure he has, also. I think you are the only one who believes he know nothing about BSDA or these conversations. He knows, and we know he knows.

Personally, I would say the same thing to him in person. I have no problem with that. However, as it has been pointed out, this is a very public sin, made public by Danny himself. So, if it is getting to hot for him, then he should have stayed out of the kitchen, or as I said before, bought a sports car. If he ws big enough to tell a lie to get out his marriage to Linda to marry Brandi, then he should be big enough to defend his actions.

Plus, we are the church he calls himself representing. Now, we can send each other to hell, daily for jewelry, eating meat, and everything else, but we are to be perfectly content with one, a self professed leader, who blatantly breaks the laws of God and the church he is supposed to represent? I think not. That might be alright with you, but not with me. So, just sit there and hope it all works out, before Jesus comes.

QUOTE(simplysaved @ May 2 2006, 01:38 PM) [snapback]128839[/snapback]

Perhaps, but it is scripture.....talking about them to everyone else but them is definitely not an effective one of them...

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jul 10 2006, 11:28 PM
Post #139

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(simplysaved @ May 2 2006, 01:38 PM) [snapback]128839[/snapback]

Perhaps, but it is scripture.....talking about them to everyone else but them is definitely not an effective one of them...

Many have talked right to them, and even as recent as yesterday, they not only deny, but have made their lies bigger and more graphic then ever, just to keep it going. They are in so deep, and the same attitude that got them there is keeping that at it - we can't stop now! They have to keep up with peoples questions (or should I say, people figuring things out type questons, thinking that asking them will suddenly make them tell the truth) coming in - and so they give more detail to their lies...they are not interested in "talking things out" as you might think - they are interested in not being wrong, at ANY cost to ANY person. After all, the ends always justifies the means, right? If it's for GOD, it must be OK to do! no.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jul 11 2006, 05:48 AM
Post #140

Guests

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jul 11 2006, 01:28 AM) [snapback]138604[/snapback]

Many have talked right to them, and even as recent as yesterday, they not only deny, but have made their lies bigger and more graphic then ever, just to keep it going.

You can't solve a prohlem with the same mind that caused the problem in the first place.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jul 11 2006, 09:26 AM
Post #141

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(statrei @ Jul 11 2006, 04:48 AM) [snapback]138616[/snapback]

You can't solve a prohlem with the same mind that caused the problem in the first place.

That would be the point.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
summertime
post Jul 11 2006, 12:58 PM
Post #142

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(statrei @ Jul 11 2006, 05:48 AM) [snapback]138616[/snapback]

Has anyone ever wondered if there is a persona on this forum who could really be Danny himself?
Or Mollie or John L. or even Kay K. herself? Surely not??????

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 11 2006, 01:01 PM
Post #143

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(summertime @ Jul 11 2006, 01:58 PM) [snapback]138740[/snapback]

Has anyone ever wondered if there is a persona on this forum who could really be Danny himself?
Or Mollie or John L. or even Kay K. herself? Surely not??????

nope... never crossed my mind..... and if so, that's cool....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Jul 18 2006, 02:47 PM
Post #144

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

The story about the rich man with say in GC decisions, would this not be bad news also for the denomination as a whole and not just another turn in the 3abn saga?

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jul 18 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #145

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

QUOTE(västergötland @ Jul 18 2006, 03:47 PM) [snapback]140236[/snapback]

The story about the rich man with say in GC decisions, would this not be bad news also for the denomination as a whole and not just another turn in the 3abn saga?

"Because thou sayest, I am rich and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched and miserable and poor and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and annoint thine eyes with eyesalve that thou mayest see."

Better a loss of a rich man's money than a loss of compassion for the "squished".

This post has been edited by lurker: Jul 18 2006, 04:32 PM

+Quote Post
mozart
post Mar 29 2007, 12:05 AM
Post #146

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 26 2006, 07:39 PM) [snapback]128117[/snapback]

Okay now that is just sick.... and what's worse is that people who should know better are sucking it up without questioning it.....

well, were'nt those people hard-core, pentecostals?

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church