Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9765&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:49:58 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History Of 3abn, Chapter 4 (takin care of business...)
beartrap
post May 1 2006, 08:22 PM
Post #106

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,659

And a hearty amen to you Brother Sam. In the Caribbean country where I grew up there was a saying that, in the local Creole dialect, goes: "wheh fish co fah ribba battam ah tell oo seh halligetah gah belly-ache, beliebahm."

In plain English it would say: When a fish comes from the river bottom and tells you that the alligator has a belly-ache, believe him.

It is very easy to to disparrage those who are finally standing up for truth, and speaking out against the terrible wrongs they have seen being done in Christ's name, by saying that they are just a few disgruntled former employees. No one who has walked in their shoes is saying such a thing. Only people who haven't eaten from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, that we have had to partake of, will ever entertain such fanciful characterizations.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
calvin
post May 1 2006, 09:18 PM
Post #107

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 1 2006, 07:59 PM) [snapback]128694[/snapback]

Indeed it is. In a society such as that, how many people can be accorded complete immunity to having availed themselves of prostitutes on a regular basis while married and engaged in the furtherance of laws and principles that would utterly disparage such illicit indulgances? How many people could engage in sexual activities with their producers of product, in late night trystes with designers of church decor, in sexual play with friends that produces surprise results, and in availing ones'self of the illicit favours of a co-workers, without falling into disrepute and experiencing the same painful reactions produced by the backlash resulting from allegations gratuitously handed down against those who have fallen into disfavour? What an incredible dillema is hereby placed squarely in the laps of those who would rather view their idols through rose-coloured glasses.

Are we still talking about 3abn?

+Quote Post
Fran
post May 1 2006, 10:25 PM
Post #108

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(calvin @ May 1 2006, 09:18 PM) [snapback]128698[/snapback]

That would be yes, yes and yes!

How many blood children does Danny have?

Who are the mothers of those blood children?

Who are the blood children?

What are their names?

How old are they?

Where are they?

How many step children does Danny have?

Who are the mothers of those step children?

Who are the step children?

What are their names?

How old are they?

Where are they?

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post May 1 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #109

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

Calvin remember we are in lurk mode...don't forget it... yes.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post May 1 2006, 11:43 PM
Post #110

Guests

I am alarmed if it is true that Danny was getting prostitutes with money donated by donors, and now is the father of many children. I watched that show Big Love on HBO about a Mormon "prophet" with many wives and children and now I've got to ask whether Danny is like that too. Just with different "wives" at different times.

Hold on, I gotta sit down. Is it really that bad? If it ain't stop me now! If it is, then this is a fine vat of fish to put on the fire.

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post May 1 2006, 11:45 PM
Post #111

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

QUOTE(vonessa @ May 1 2006, 11:43 PM) [snapback]128719[/snapback]

I am alarmed if it is true that Danny was getting prostitutes with money donated by donors, and now is the father of many children. I watched that show Big Love on HBO about a Mormon "prophet" with many wives and children and now I've got to ask whether Danny is like that too. Just with different "wives" at different times.

Hold on, I gotta sit down. Is it really that bad? If it ain't stop me now! If it is, then this is a fine vat of fish to put on the fire.

rofl1.gif still lurking...LOL

+Quote Post
Johann
post May 1 2006, 11:55 PM
Post #112

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(vonessa @ May 2 2006, 07:43 AM) [snapback]128719[/snapback]

Last time I met Danny in person he assured me - in the presence of many people right outside the 3ABN church - that there is no danger any more. Since his operation he cannot have any more children.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post May 2 2006, 12:28 AM
Post #113

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Johann @ May 2 2006, 12:55 AM) [snapback]128722[/snapback]

Last time I met Danny in person he assured me - in the presence of many people right outside the 3ABN church - that there is no danger any more. Since his operation he cannot have any more children.

U.S. President Richard Nixon assured everyone with the words, "I am not a crook."
And then he resigned the presidency of the United States in disgrace.

Sometimes an "assurance" by a leader is the last thing I want to hear.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: May 2 2006, 12:34 AM

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 2 2006, 12:55 AM
Post #114

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

More children? I don't think that is a genuine concern in this story (Disaster). There are bigger fish to fry, and those fish are not defined by the passing on of DNA, but by dollar signs and Shelton worship... the books, Danny, Donnie, Ronnie, Tommy, Kenny, Tammy, Melody, etc. The best singers, ball-players, speakers, thinkers, leaders, church-builders, construction designers... well, everything.

This post has been edited by beartrap: May 2 2006, 02:01 AM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post May 2 2006, 02:56 AM
Post #115

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 2 2006, 01:55 AM) [snapback]128725[/snapback]

More children? I don't think that is a genuine concern in this story (Disaster). There are bigger fish to fry, and those fish are not defined by the passing on of DNA, but by dollar signs and Shelton worship... the books, Danny, Donnie, Ronnie, Tommy, Kenny, Tammy, Melody, etc. The best singers, ball-players, speakers, thinkers, leaders, church-builders, construction desingers... well, everything.

"As a man thinketh in his heart so is he...As the plant springs from, and could not be without, the seed, so every act of man springs from the hidden seeds of thought, and could not have appeared without them." (James Allen)

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: May 2 2006, 03:28 AM

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 2 2006, 07:33 AM
Post #116

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 1 2006, 07:59 PM) [snapback]128694[/snapback]

Indeed it is. In a society such as that, how many people can be accorded complete immunity to having availed themselves of prostitutes on a regular basis while married and engaged in the furtherance of laws and principles that would utterly disparage such illicit indulgances? How many people could engage in sexual activities with their producers of product, in late night trystes with designers of church decor, in sexual play with friends that produces surprise results, and in availing ones'self of the illicit favours of a co-workers, without falling into disrepute and experiencing the same painful reactions produced by the backlash resulting from allegations gratuitously handed down against those who have fallen into disfavour? What an incredible dillema is hereby placed squarely in the laps of those who would rather view their idols through rose-coloured glasses.

well that is part of the problem when one establishes an "independent ministry." There are very few checks or balances until the person or persons do something criminal. This type of thing can go on indefinitely until someone has the courage to speak out...

I seem to remember Koresh stating that all the women in the compound at Waco were his, and took more than one as a sexual partner. Jim Jones may have done the same thing....

It is not too surprising to me that this behavior occurred.... I suspect if Linda knew even half of what has been alleged, they would want her gagged....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post May 2 2006, 09:45 AM
Post #117

Guests

Okay, now hold on just a little bit. I've gotta sit

How many young ones does Danny have? What are their names? Who were their mothers? When did he hire hookers? Help me out here a little bit with some facts now that the story's gettin good. Can I getta witness?

I don't wanna spread gossip, but this story's gonna make me the hero at potluck this Sabbath. happydance.gif

This post has been edited by vonessa: May 2 2006, 09:47 AM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 2 2006, 09:50 AM
Post #118

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

rofl1.gif popcom.gif pepsi.gif Have some popcorn? Soda? Juice?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post May 2 2006, 09:50 AM
Post #119

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

QUOTE(Hersheys99 @ Apr 27 2006, 05:38 PM) [snapback]128294[/snapback]

I find it interesting that since you find it so wrong then why are you reading it? If I find something wrong or that I feel is wrong I surely wouldn't sit & read about it. That is my opinion.

Not necessarily...if Higherground were adding details and information, that would be a reaso able conclusion....

Just as both sides "need" to be presented, it also has to be presented in dialog why this continues to be an issue for this Board as Linda has expressly asked that people move on.... scratchchin.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 2 2006, 09:58 AM
Post #120

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Oh, people have moved on............to all of the other stuff going on behind the scenes. We have a few folks here who have had their own "unfortunate" encounters with Danny.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church