Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9768&st=180 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:46:28 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Chapter 7 (the dollar store and the Lengend)
Pickle
post Dec 24 2006, 01:46 PM
Post #181

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Joe Smith)
That's a fair question. Keep watching 3ABN. I think you will see some positive steps just ahead.
Joe

Are you meaning to say that Walt and/or Danny will be issuing an official apology on the air, and/or tendering their resignation?

Fill us in. We are eager to hear.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Dec 24 2006, 01:48 PM
Post #182

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

That's a fair question. Keep watching 3ABN. I think you will see some positive steps just ahead.
Joe

Can you let us in on what these positive steps will be? It is encouraging to hear that perhaps 3abn may finally be ready to handle the situation with the alleged molestations in a more Biblically correct manner. Or am I misreading what you said?

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Dec 24 2006, 03:33 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 24 2006, 01:57 PM
Post #183

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Dec 24 2006, 01:48 PM) [snapback]165343[/snapback]

Can you let us in on what these postitive steps will be? It is encouraging to hear that perhaps 3abn may finally be ready to handle the situation with the alleged molestations in a more Biblically correct manner. Or am I misreading what you said?

No, you read him right. He said there were positive steps in the works to rectify problems with the board blindly accepting Danny's bogus information about the Tommy Shelton child molestation allegations.

Joe,

Has 3ABN made any promises? If so, will they follow through on them this time?

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Dec 24 2006, 05:59 PM
Post #184

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Dec 24 2006, 11:29 AM) [snapback]165322[/snapback]

People like Ellsworth McKee, doesn't he have enought to keep him busy without being part of something that is bound to hurt his business, like being a part of 3ABN I mean.

Joe

Consider this just a Point and Counterpoint editorial for balance.

I will present the Counterpoint to Joe's premise that being part of 3ABN is " bound to hurt his business ."

My premise will be that Ellsworth McKee is reasonably shrewd and bright has no intention of hurting his own business. He is, literally, "Mr. Chairman."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

What if being part of 3ABN and the Adventist Church helps Mr. McKee's business? How could that be, you ask?

Ellsworth McKee is the chairman of McKee Foods. They make those "Little Debbie" snack cakes that you see displayed in every discount and convenience store. Some say that McKee Foods is the nation's largest baking company. McKee Foods is located near an Adventist watering hole known as Southern Adventist University, in the vicinity of of Collegedale, Tennessee.

Now, are those oatmeal creme pies and Swiss cake rolls manufactured by McKee part of the Adventist health message? I think you immediately know the answer to that question without me saying anything.

If you were the chairman of McKee Foods, and you wanted to make sure there was no criticism of your product , you might seek to control those who produce health programming for Adventists.

In theory at least, a person could be on the board of 3ABN for censorship reasons that have little to do with preaching the gospel.

Remember that business-related phrase: "Control, control, control."

In addition, big business likes to hide under the skirt of the Adventist Church because Ellen White had her vision that was negative of labor unions. This view of labor unions fits the agenda of big business like a hand in a glove. Therefore, it might be to McKee Foods' benefit to maintain a symbiotic relationship with a workforce where labor unions are held in such low esteem.

In the past, Mr. McKee has donated money to an organization called "Stop Union Political Abuse," (SUPA). (See item "C" on the form included below.) Below is Ellsworth McKee's donation to SUPA from the Federal Election Commission, if you think this point of view is not a possibility. SUPA fights to limit political influence by labor unions. There are two such receipts from Ellworth McKee at the Federal Election Commission.

Therefore, some will say that McKee Foods prefers an environment where labor unions have less influence and where fattening junk foods are never mentioned in association with the Adventist health message.

My point is that there may be another motivation to Ellsworth McKee's involvement at 3ABN that you have not considered.

Today, we in the United States are plagued with obesity. The Food and Drug Administration lists obesity as a disease of epidemic proportions. Rather than criticize McKee Foods' contributions to the serious problem of obesity in America, Adventists venerate McKee. Money talks.

McDonald's gets a lot of the publicity and credit for helping America "supersize" itself, but I think this is unfair. There are many others that contribute to the problem of obesity besides McDonald's, with McKee Foods being one of America's biggest offenders. And the Adventist Church and 3ABN remain silent by design.

This is one of the FEC receipts. You may need to enlarge it until it is legible. Refer to item "C" on that form.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Dec 24 2006, 06:36 PM
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Dec 25 2006, 12:42 AM
Post #185

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Having spent a few years making those Little Debbies, and being hired by Debbie herself I'd just like to say a couple of things. I've never met a family more dedicated to the SDA church than the McKee's, nor more humble. Yes they produce cakes, but anything in excess is bad for you, even water. Eating a Swiss Roll now and then will not make you obese.

Of course McKee Foods is against unions. How would you like it if someone were to come in and tell you how to run a company you own? Or how you should spend your household money. (Well the IRS does but that's another story) BTW the reason that McKee's do not have a union is that they pay wages higher than the unions would ask for, and those workers pay not a dime in union dues.

The family has always given to the church asking nothing in return. It's my understanding that when O.D. McKee gave money for the library at SMC they had to beg him to allow his name on it. My guess is that most people know very little about their giving because they keep it to themselves.

I have to wonder how much Ellsworth is even involved in the running of 3abn. If I were to venture a guess Danny asked him to be on the board to add to the legitimacy of Danny's "non-profit" company, er, ministry or whatever he might call it.

Merry Christmas ya'll,

Richard

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Dec 24 2006, 06:59 PM) [snapback]165357[/snapback]

Consider this just a Point and Counterpoint editorial for balance.

I will present the Counterpoint to Joe's premise that being part of 3ABN is " bound to hurt his business ."

My premise will be that Ellsworth McKee is reasonably shrewd and bright has no intention of hurting his own business. He is, literally, "Mr. Chairman."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

What if being part of 3ABN and the Adventist Church helps Mr. McKee's business? How could that be, you ask?

Ellsworth McKee is the chairman of McKee Foods. They make those "Little Debbie" snack cakes that you see displayed in every discount and convenience store. Some say that McKee Foods is the nation's largest baking company. McKee Foods is located near an Adventist watering hole known as Southern Adventist University, in the vicinity of of Collegedale, Tennessee.

Now, are those oatmeal creme pies and Swiss cake rolls manufactured by McKee part of the Adventist health message? I think you immediately know the answer to that question without me saying anything.

If you were the chairman of McKee Foods, and you wanted to make sure there was no criticism of your product , you might seek to control those who produce health programming for Adventists.

In theory at least, a person could be on the board of 3ABN for censorship reasons that have little to do with preaching the gospel.

Remember that business-related phrase: "Control, control, control."

In addition, big business likes to hide under the skirt of the Adventist Church because Ellen White had her vision that was negative of labor unions. This view of labor unions fits the agenda of big business like a hand in a glove. Therefore, it might be to McKee Foods' benefit to maintain a symbiotic relationship with a workforce where labor unions are held in such low esteem.

In the past, Mr. McKee has donated money to an organization called "Stop Union Political Abuse," (SUPA). (See item "C" on the form included below.) Below is Ellsworth McKee's donation to SUPA from the Federal Election Commission, if you think this point of view is not a possibility. SUPA fights to limit political influence by labor unions. There are two such receipts from Ellworth McKee at the Federal Election Commission.

Therefore, some will say that McKee Foods prefers an environment where labor unions have less influence and where fattening junk foods are never mentioned in association with the Adventist health message.

My point is that there may be another motivation to Ellsworth McKee's involvement at 3ABN that you have not considered.

Today, we in the United States are plagued with obesity. The Food and Drug Administration lists obesity as a disease of epidemic proportions. Rather than criticize McKee Foods' contributions to the serious problem of obesity in America, Adventists venerate McKee. Money talks.

McDonald's gets a lot of the publicity and credit for helping America "supersize" itself, but I think this is unfair. There are many others that contribute to the problem of obesity besides McDonald's, with McKee Foods being one of America's biggest offenders. And the Adventist Church and 3ABN remain silent by design.

This is one of the FEC receipts. You may need to enlarge it until it is legible. Refer to item "C" on that form.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Dec 25 2006, 01:45 AM
Post #186

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Dec 25 2006, 12:42 AM) [snapback]165393[/snapback]

I have to wonder how much Ellsworth is even involved in the running of 3abn. If I were to venture a guess Danny asked him to be on the board to add to the legitimacy of Danny's "non-profit" company, er, ministry or whatever he might call it.

Merry Christmas ya'll,

Richard

Thank you for your first-hand account. I know there has always been pride among Adventists that "Little Debbie" is an Adventist-owned company. Various people have told me that. In fact, when my father visited McKee years ago, it was the highlight of his trip to Tennessee.

Nevertheless, I have grown a bit skeptical by the 3ABN board's apparent "winking" at what has been going on around 3ABN, and I began to theorize that, perhaps, birds of a feather flock together.

I know that McKee Foods is privately owned and has pension plans that do not exist at 3ABN. Therefore, your guess that Danny asked Ellsworth to serve on the 3ABN board, and that Ellsworth is not involved in providing much imput into the running of 3ABN is a good one. If that's the case, that's really too bad.

However, I am willing to give Ellsworth another chance to redeem himself. yes.gif

Thank you, Richard, for your response.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Dec 25 2006, 04:24 PM
Post #187

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

There is a yacht company here in MI that's owned by an Adventist and I'm proud of that as well as companies like McKee Foods. To many Little Debbies and too many yachts are not good for anyone smile.gif

It would be interesting to know how many times a year the 3abn board meets, and how many members actually attend.

Richard

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Dec 25 2006, 02:45 AM) [snapback]165394[/snapback]

Thank you for your first-hand account. I know there has always been pride among Adventists that "Little Debbie" is an Adventist-owned company. Various people have told me that. In fact, when my father visited McKee years ago, it was the highlight of his trip to Tennessee.

Nevertheless, I have grown a bit skeptical by the 3ABN board's apparent "winking" at what has been going on around 3ABN, and I began to theorize that, perhaps, birds of a feather flock together.

I know that McKee Foods is privately owned and has pension plans that do not exist at 3ABN. Therefore, your guess that Danny asked Ellsworth to serve on the 3ABN board, and that Ellsworth is not involved in providing much imput into the running of 3ABN is a good one. If that's the case, that's really too bad.

However, I am willing to give Ellsworth another chance to redeem himself. yes.gif

Thank you, Richard, for your response.

This post has been edited by Richard Sherwin: Dec 25 2006, 07:13 PM

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church