Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9768&st=150 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:46:43 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Chapter 7 (the dollar store and the Lengend)
PaperTigers
post Jul 3 2006, 10:33 PM
Post #151

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,689

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 3 2006, 07:57 PM) [snapback]137369[/snapback]

Do you realize that telling these stories reveals your identity here to those who were also there, and maybe even Danny himself?

Your right Daryl... but I have never tried to hide who I am... I just choose not to post my real name.

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 4 2006, 06:51 PM
Post #152

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 3 2006, 06:57 PM) [snapback]137369[/snapback]

Do you realize that telling these stories reveals your identity here to those who were also there, and maybe even Danny himself?

and? perhaps that it the risk they are willing to take and it may or may not reveal one's identity... it does narrow down who it could be though...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jul 4 2006, 11:19 PM
Post #153

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

...and this is a problem because?

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 3 2006, 04:57 PM) [snapback]137369[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 5 2006, 07:15 AM
Post #154

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jul 4 2006, 11:19 PM) [snapback]137558[/snapback]

princesdi, I'd like to direct your attention to the post by Sister that begins this chapter. And I'm including the whole story, even though the particular portion that is most relevant to your question comes only in the very last paragraph. But the story is a delightful, even amusing one, and therefore bears repeating. And so delightful and amusing in fact, that when told the first time we were all wrapped in gales of laughter, and since no one ever commented on the last paragraph, it may be that the implications of what was said there, especially when juxtopositioned against the story, may have been completely overlooked. For in the story itself, while Justin and Plungie are the obvious heros, it seems to me that the real hero of the story is the sensitive, gentle, and understanding father who allowed his son to purchase, play with, and even exhibit publicly, the toy of his choice, as "socially unacceptable" as it obviously was. Did we notice that as we went through it the first time?

QUOTE(sister @ May 22 2006, 05:17 PM) [snapback]131827[/snapback]

The Dollar Store and the Legend of Plungie...
For the 3ABN workers and the other impoverished residents of Franklin County, even a trip with your kids to the Dollar Store can be a rare treat. This emporium of astonishing merchandise, gathered from unknown locations, is a shopping paradise for the working poor. Located in a strip mall in West Frankfort, anchored at one end by K-Mart and the other end by Krogers supermarket, many have walked its aisles seeking both bargains and treasures among it’s innumerable items.

Today the cashier looks up to see what is obviously a father and his four children. No suggestion can be seriously entertained as to the paternity of these children, you see his physical characteristics reflected dominantly in each one of them. Upon closer inspection of this chief and his little tribe, the countenance of the father’s face and his demeanor as he interacts with his children, makes his love for them quite evident.

Slipping a dollar bill into each of their small hands and following close behind, he has instructed them to choose a special toy for themselves. As a scurry of small feet makes a beeline directly to the toy aisle, with a look of amusement on his face he observes them searching, as if for hidden treasure. One by one, they come up to him their faces beaming as they proudly present before him the results of their painstaking search. He smiles and comments on each purchase and then as the last of the four approaches him, his expression changes immediately from pleasure to surprise. Clutched majestically in his son’s hand is a toilet plunger. Kneeling down next to his child, he gently lays his hand on his shoulder and says, “Son, the dollar was meant as a gift for you to choose a special toy.” Searching his son’s face, he asks him, “Do you know what this is for? Ah, well, it is used for the potty...” An interesting discussion ensues between father and son, resulting in his son marching proudly up to the cashier, handing her his dollar and walking out of the store with his Daddy, sister and two brothers in tow. Like a conductor skillfully brandishing his baton before a philharmonic orchestra, this boy proudly leads his family through the parking lot, to the enthusiastic maneuvers of his newest toy: a bathroom toilet plunger.

Before their arrival at their father’s modest abode, the unusual new “toy” had already been christened “Plungie”. Now to the amazement of the rest of the family, Plungie has become the constant companion of Justin. With the expert movements that are usually reserved only for swordsmen of the caliber of Robin Hood or Zorro; Justin thrusts and parries, bringing Plungie into contact with every available surface: all areas of the car, windows, doors, the TV set, and the computer monitor. No flat, concave or convex surface is safe from the Plungie invasion.

At the end of their visit the children return to their mother’s home. Alighting from the car, Justin runs up to his mother, excited to show her all the things he has learned to do with his new toy. He has already realized that it is an excellent way to open the refrigerator door and to pick up certain selected objects from the floor.

Probably the greatest exploit in the history of Plungie, to date, was when Justin took his toy and constant companion to a Thompsonville function at the 3ABN school gym. Brandishing Plungie before him as he entered the crowded room, like Moses raising his staff and parting the red sea, a path was instantly cleared before Justin. Being ignorant of the facts, the good folks of the Thompsonville SDA church kept telling him to take that “germy, dirty thing” back to the gym’s mens room where he had found it. But laughing and running around the gym together, Justin and Plungie were having too good of a time to be insulted by these callous remarks. In pure joy, to the extreme displeasure of the good folk assembled at that event, Plungie accompanied Justin for the entire evening.

Postscript: The father of these four children lost his job at 3ABN because, when God opened his eyes and gave him insight to see what was really happening and the corruption he had become involved in supporting, he was no longer willing to participate in doing Danny’s bidding “behind the scenes” at 3ABN. This resulted in him quitting his job on moral grounds. Hoping that would be the end of Danny Shelton’s intrigues in his life, instead he found out that it was only the beginning. By Danny's word he was branded a “pathological liar” and other labels were applied, equally untrue, each more heinous than the last. You might think that being the father of Danny Shelton’s beloved grandchildren would afford some favorable consideration, wouldn’t you? If you believe that, then you haven’t been paying very close attention as we look “behind the scenes” at 3ABN...
Stay tuned...

Did you notice the "labels"--"pathological liar" and others "equally untrue, each more heinous than the last"? Did you spend any time speculating on what those labels might be--given only the hint that Sister seemed to think them too "heinous" to even mention on BSDA? Are you aware that these "labels" were spread to any and all prospective employers in an effort to cause them to refuse employment to "Justin's father"? And that in some cases Danny was successful in getting the persons involved to refuse employment on those grounds? And that even when "Justin's father" did get a contract job, that his employer was subjected to harrasment and bombarded with accusations from a number of individuals "warning" him of these "labels" and telling him that he really did not want to have that kind of individual associated with that organization? Fortunately, in this case, the employer knew what kinds of men he was dealing with and responded to each person that before he considered their accusation seriously they would have to provide documentation for their charges. Only one man responded to this. And his response was an apology for passing on hearsay nformation which he had not personally verified. And even yet, even without the labels being a consideration, I had occasion to suggest his name as a possibility for an open position, and the response was "No way. I wouldn't even think of touching that situation."

Now to return to the set of questions above. Does this shed light on your question?

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jul 4 2006, 11:19 PM) [snapback]137558[/snapback]

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 5 2006, 07:37 AM
Post #155

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

The Creator is bigger and more powerful than Mr. Shelton... at some point the folks who have felt or are afraid of him will have to believe that... fear no man.... we have to get to the point that we do not care about what the Shelton's of the world may do, but believe that we are the children of a Creator who will always take care of us in spite of..... btjm.....

as for the stated behavior of the person spreading lies and trashing a reputation.... again, I say, we are to do whats right, to love compassion, and to walk humbly..... obviously that verse ain't in his bible.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jul 5 2006, 07:40 AM
Post #156

Guests

If the founding fathers had allowed themselves to be cowed by what King George could do to them the US would never have been born. Of course, they all paid the price for their bold actions.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 5 2006, 07:51 AM
Post #157

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(statrei @ Jul 5 2006, 08:40 AM) [snapback]137595[/snapback]

If the founding fathers had allowed themselves to be cowed by what King George could do to them the US would never have been born. Of course, they all paid the price for their bold actions.

as my grandfather use to tell me, "before you build a house, consider the cost....."

however as my childhood friend use to also tell me, "Clay, God has always taken care of you, and he always will, so don't give credit to a company for something God has done......"

Either we are going to believe that He can and will.... or we won't......

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jul 6 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #158

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 5 2006, 06:51 AM) [snapback]137596[/snapback]

as my grandfather use to tell me, "before you build a house, consider the cost....."

however as my childhood friend use to also tell me, "Clay, God has always taken care of you, and he always will, so don't give credit to a company for something God has done......"

Either we are going to believe that He can and will.... or we won't......

I believe what you are saying - your thinking. I have also learned along lifes path that you are also to be wise in your timing of things - not just acting on emotion, in any situation. You have to take a breath, think, plan, then speak (or quit, which ever the case may be) what should be said. If you live in fear of those that control you, then you are choosing to let them control you. But, you don't always let them know they have lost control - at least, not at first, because you can make things uncessarily worse on yourself (this is the control you have). God will choose a time to reveal something to you, and then it is up to you, and hopefully the connection you have with him, to know how to act in that situation. It's not always easy, and when fear is part of your thinking, you often won't do what you should do. I hate fear, don't you? It's stinks! It is of d' devil for sure! Learning to trust your own instincts can be hard too for some. But sometimes, you just gotta take that leap of faith and do it!

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 7 2006, 12:27 PM
Post #159

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jul 6 2006, 09:09 PM) [snapback]137949[/snapback]

I believe what you are saying - your thinking. I have also learned along lifes path that you are also to be wise in your timing of things - not just acting on emotion, in any situation. You have to take a breath, think, plan, then speak (or quit, which ever the case may be) what should be said. If you live in fear of those that control you, then you are choosing to let them control you. But, you don't always let them know they have lost control - at least, not at first, because you can make things uncessarily worse on yourself (this is the control you have). God will choose a time to reveal something to you, and then it is up to you, and hopefully the connection you have with him, to know how to act in that situation. It's not always easy, and when fear is part of your thinking, you often won't do what you should do. I hate fear, don't you? It's stinks! It is of d' devil for sure! Learning to trust your own instincts can be hard too for some. But sometimes, you just gotta take that leap of faith and do it!

F false

E evidence

A appearing to be

R reality

see it for what it is.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jul 7 2006, 12:49 PM
Post #160

Guests

Unfortunately, Christians are naturally fearful because religion is based on fear. It is the only way it controls men's lives.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 7 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #161

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(statrei @ Jul 7 2006, 12:49 PM) [snapback]138057[/snapback]

Unfortunately, Christians are naturally fearful because religion is based on fear. It is the only way it controls men's lives.

and so in this area too we must.... see it for what it is....

--------------------

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 9 2006, 06:10 PM
Post #162

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

There may be some mistaken use of the term "fear", when "caution" might be more appropriate.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jul 10 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #163

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(statrei @ Jul 7 2006, 11:49 AM) [snapback]138057[/snapback]

If your religion is based on fear, then quit being in that religion, or worshiping that religion. My religion is based on my discovery of how Awesome God is, how much He loves me and His willingness to do most anything to helpe me find Him. That to me is real christianity - not fear. Fear is based on lies - and lies can be a religion - but, dump it all and start over, find the real stuff, not the garbage. It makes a world of difference.

To bear, good to see you - and you are right, I think the word caution might be better then fear for what I was trying to say - although, depending on your "religion" or how it has been taught to you, you may live in a "fear"-ful state till you get things straight.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 10 2006, 07:02 PM
Post #164

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jul 10 2006, 07:47 PM) [snapback]138547[/snapback]

If your religion is based on fear, then quit being in that religion, or worshiping that religion. My religion is based on my discovery of how Awesome God is, how much He loves me and His willingness to do most anything to helpe me find Him. That to me is real christianity - not fear. Fear is based on lies - and lies can be a religion - but, dump it all and start over, find the real stuff, not the garbage. It makes a world of difference.

To bear, good to see you - and you are right, I think the word caution might be better then fear for what I was trying to say - although, depending on your "religion" or how it has been taught to you, you may live in a "fear"-ful state till you get things straight.

Yes, in regard to religion. Where folks like Danny are concerened, there are a number of people who wisely exercise caution.

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jul 10 2006, 07:26 PM
Post #165

Guests

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jul 10 2006, 08:47 PM) [snapback]138547[/snapback]

Sonshine, ALL religion is based on fear. Do you really think that the Creator directly communicated to men from different parts of the world that He existed in multiple configurations? Forget the Bible for a second and think about human history and prehistory and the journey of development we have been following from the very beginning. The history of the race does not lie.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church