Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9772&st=150 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:59:25 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Chapter 8 (still more of the televangelist)
sister
post Jun 9 2006, 05:49 PM
Post #151

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

QUOTE(sister @ Jun 8 2006, 06:33 PM) [snapback]134041[/snapback]

Johann, let me repeat all of this back to you to make sure we understand what is taking place inside this “Jewelry Store”:

When the Jeweler (Danny Shelton) builds his own SDA church (the 3ABN Worship Center), hires a pastor to suit his whims (John Lomacang), who preaches what he (Danny) wants to hear, and to issue church discipline to whomever he wants to curtail (Linda Shelton, etc.), and then he manages to place his general store manager (Mollie Steenson, 3ABN General Manager) on the Conference (Illinois SDA Conference Board) Board, he uses money (donations) earned in his jewelry store (3ABN) to pay for the campaign of his chosen people to be leaders and officers on different leadership levels in the Church (current Illinois Conference President and current NAD President?, etc.) - who is there to discipline your jeweler (Danny Shelton)?

A question on one point: what could possibly qualify Mollie Steenson to sit on the Illinois Conference Board? She has only been a member of the SDA church for less than six years. She has made comments that she became a Seventh-day Adventist not because of E. G. White or the Sabbath, but because 3ABN is the cutting edge ministry. Is it possible that Danny is now attempting to stack the Illinois Conference Board as he has the 3ABN Board? Johann, you have been a churchman for many years. Does this sound as suspicious to you as it does to me?

Johann, you may have not seen the above, so I am still wondering what you think not only about Mollie Steenson on the Illinois Conference Board, but also about her part in the scheme of things at 3ABN?

This post has been edited by sister: Jun 9 2006, 05:50 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jun 9 2006, 06:42 PM
Post #152

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(sister @ Jun 9 2006, 06:49 PM) [snapback]134159[/snapback]

Johann, you may have not seen the above, so I am still wondering what you think not only about Mollie Steenson on the Illinois Conference Board, but also about her part in the scheme of things at 3ABN?

Well, as was previously mentioned, if anything drastic happens, 3ABN goes to the Illinois conference... at least that is how it was laid out in the charter.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 4 2006, 06:53 PM
Post #153

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jun 9 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]134164[/snapback]

Well, as was previously mentioned, if anything drastic happens, 3ABN goes to the Illinois conference... at least that is how it was laid out in the charter.

so thats why that conference president is on the board....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
meadbd
post Jul 5 2006, 09:03 AM
Post #154

Advanced Member

Member No.: 444

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
his chosen people to be leaders and officers on different leadership levels in the Church (current Illinois Conference President and current NAD President?, etc.
"...current NAD President..."---You mean Don Schneider is under Danny's comtrol?
doesn't sound likely.

Bill

--------------------
========================================
"If Christianity has never disturbed us, we have not
yet learned what it is" William Temple
-------------------------------------------------------
My Webpage
PRAISE & GLORY TO THE LORD!
-------------------------------------------------------
"For the Kingdom of Heaven is not eating and drinking,
but righteousness and joy and peace in the Holy Spirit"
Rom.14:17

Bill
========================================

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 5 2006, 09:30 AM
Post #155

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jun 9 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]134164[/snapback]

I admit to not having seen the whole wording. But from the excerpt that I saw I gathered that this was probably a provision as to what to do on the occasion the death of the owner. For it speaks of the possibility of the board not being able to handle the operation of it, and in that case it would go to the Illinois Conference. Since the board does not "handle the operation" in any direct sense of the word now, I cannot see this as giving the board the authority to hand it over to the Illinois Conference for any other reason than that of Danny's demise.

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 4 2006, 06:53 PM) [snapback]137542[/snapback]

so thats why that conference president is on the board....

I don't think there is a direct link between this and that. I think we have pretty well established that this conference president is on Danny's board because he is a Danny supporter and follower and has family ties into 3ABN as well. Whether there is a provision in the charter for whoever happens to be Illinois Conference President to be on the 3ABN board--I don't know, but I kinda doubt it, given that Danny is the one who handpicks his board members.

QUOTE(meadbd @ Jul 5 2006, 09:03 AM) [snapback]137604[/snapback]

his chosen people to be leaders and officers on different leadership levels in the Church (current Illinois Conference President and current NAD President?, etc.
"...current NAD President..."---You mean Don Schneider is under Danny's comtrol?
doesn't sound likely.

Bill

What we know on this topic is that Danny has bragged about Garwin affecting the choice of NAD presidential outcome, using the term "we" in describing that as a victory. We also know that Schneider has been a long-time supporter and admirer of 3ABN and supposedly of Danny Shelton since he is considered to "be" 3ABN. We also know that Danny has made overt attempts through the years (some successful and some not) to "buy" various persons who because of their positions of influence or reputations he saw as valuable to himself. We should not think in terms of a "deal" in which the persons being "bought" were aware that Danny was setting up this type of relationship with them. But whether or not they were aware of it, there are a great many persons in NAD and GC as well who consider it too dangerous to cross Danny -- including ways that include overtly lessening the dependency relationship that has been set up with 3ABN by utilizing their facilities to air SDA programming. And then there are some that are still "true believers" in both Danny and 3ABN.

Where Schneider falls in that range of attitudes, I really do not know, beyond the fact that he has actively supported Danny through the years, and at last report still did so.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jul 6 2006, 09:01 PM
Post #156

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 5 2006, 08:30 AM) [snapback]137610[/snapback]

What we know on this topic is that Danny has bragged about Garwin affecting the choice of NAD presidential outcome, using the term "we" in describing that as a victory. We also know that Schneider has been a long-time supporter and admirer of 3ABN and supposedly of Danny Shelton since he is considered to "be" 3ABN. We also know that Danny has made overt attempts through the years (some successful and some not) to "buy" various persons who because of their positions of influence or reputations he saw as valuable to himself. We should not think in terms of a "deal" in which the persons being "bought" were aware that Danny was setting up this type of relationship with them. But whether or not they were aware of it, there are a great many persons in NAD and GC as well who consider it too dangerous to cross Danny -- including ways that include overtly lessening the dependency relationship that has been set up with 3ABN by utilizing their facilities to air SDA programming. And then there are some that are still "true believers" in both Danny and 3ABN.

Where Schneider falls in that range of attitudes, I really do not know, beyond the fact that he has actively supported Danny through the years, and at last report still did so.

What we also know is that while the leaders in the church stand by and don't take a stand when they see things that should not be let go, that too is to "support" Danny. Many leaders know what is truth, and choose not to be involved because 3abn is NOT the sda church. So, it's really none of the sda church business (so I have been told). But to do nothing when you know you can do something, and more importantly collectively do something, even unofficial, is to also support Danny. No two ways about it. no.gif (am I sounding redundant here? oops! doh.gif )

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church