Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9818&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:45:51 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A New Sda Face For 3abn...., ....well our wishlist
beartrap
post Jul 10 2006, 08:01 PM
Post #16

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,659

How about we just say it like it is. We seem to be very good at that here on BSDA.

More programs, different programs, pathfinder drills, more Breath of Life... it all comes down to more breath of death. It is nothing more than a fresh coat of paint on a whited sepulchre. No matter how you guild and decorate it, it is still nothing more than a house for the dead. It is an ostuary loaded with the skeletons of 3ABN's victims.

I will no longer amuse those who say that it does a good work in spite of some administrative issues. Danny Shelton is nothing more than the evil emperor of an evil empire that was built the mutilated carcasses of human victims. In fueling supposed good deeds with the torment and misery of others is worse than than the brutal gangster who commits his atrocities in his own name. 3ABN and Danny Shelton give God the credit for their vicious behaviour. They say that it is God, not them.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Jul 10 2006, 08:02 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jul 10 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(statrei @ Jul 10 2006, 12:42 PM) [snapback]138514[/snapback]

That's like asking, "How can we make the Russian government better?"

Right on! well put! best thing said so far. That is the point...nice idea, but, use the energy on something else - maybe "TLC" ("The Lord is Coming" network or something). You can't change the stripes on a zebra. So, find another animal to ride. It's time for 3ABN to go, and if we don't make something better and sincere, someone else will. When the mountains can't or won't cry out, the rocks will.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 11 2006, 04:20 AM
Post #18

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Since this is the "best thing said so far", what are you called to do replace such an entity? To repeat a well-known phrase here at BSDA penned by Delance....yada, yada, yada...where's the stigmata?

Until then, for the purpose of this thread--and back on topic, more lifestyle-based application of scripture (i.e. something around the lines of a Joyce Meyers broadcast).

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jul 11 2006, 12:05 AM) [snapback]138602[/snapback]

Right on! well put! best thing said so far. That is the point...nice idea, but, use the energy on something else - maybe "TLC" ("The Lord is Coming" network or something). You can't change the stripes on a zebra. So, find another animal to ride. It's time for 3ABN to go, and if we don't make something better and sincere, someone else will. When the mountains can't or won't cry out, the rocks will.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 11 2006, 05:02 AM
Post #19

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 11 2006, 05:20 AM) [snapback]138609[/snapback]

Since this is the "best thing said so far", what are you called to do replace such an entity? To repeat a well-known phrase here at BSDA penned by Delance....yada, yada, yada...where's the stigmata?

Until then, for the purpose of this thread--and back on topic, more lifestyle-based application of scripture (i.e. something around the lines of a Joyce Meyers broadcast).

they may be doing it..... that is getting the word out.... suggesting other venues, and not putting stock into a system that has been corrupt and damaging......

Sometimes an "entity" cannot be saved, its gotta be discarded..... if you haven't seen the "stigmata" of damaging things perpetrated by the .org in question..... maybe we need to ask, have you been payin attention? dunno.gif scratchchin.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jul 11 2006, 08:04 AM
Post #20

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 11 2006, 07:02 AM) [snapback]138612[/snapback]

they may be doing it..... that is getting the word out.... suggesting other venues, and not putting stock into a system that has been corrupt and damaging......

Sometimes an "entity" cannot be saved, its gotta be discarded..... if you haven't seen the "stigmata" of damaging things perpetrated by the .org in question..... maybe we need to ask, have you been payin attention? dunno.gif scratchchin.gif

popcom.gif pepsi.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 11 2006, 08:55 AM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 10 2006, 08:01 PM) [snapback]138568[/snapback]

How about we just say it like it is. We seem to be very good at that here on BSDA.

More programs, different programs, pathfinder drills, more Breath of Life... it all comes down to more breath of death. It is nothing more than a fresh coat of paint on a whited sepulchre. No matter how you guild and decorate it, it is still nothing more than a house for the dead. It is an ostuary loaded with the skeletons of 3ABN's victims.

I will no longer amuse those who say that it does a good work in spite of some administrative issues. Danny Shelton is nothing more than the evil emperor of an evil empire that was built the mutilated carcasses of human victims. In fueling supposed good deeds with the torment and misery of others is worse than than the brutal gangster who commits his atrocities in his own name. 3ABN and Danny Shelton give God the credit for their vicious behaviour. They say that it is God, not them.

"And all the people said" --- amen.gif

Trust Bear to say it like it is...and to say it the best.

Three cheers and a round of applause for Bear. clap.gif clapping.gif clap.gif clapping.gif

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 11 2006, 09:00 AM
Post #22

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 10 2006, 03:25 PM) [snapback]138511[/snapback]

That discussion is not the purpose of this thread.....the focus is what would make the station programming more in tune with the needs of SDA Christians and Christians in the U.S.

We should be able (in general) to look at situation objectively and focus on what would make it better.... smile.gif

If you are unwilling to consider the total deconstruction of 3ABN for the good of the church then you are the one who is not able to look at the situation objectively.

Some things cant be repaired; they can only be replaced.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 11 2006, 09:19 AM
Post #23

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 10 2006, 02:55 PM) [snapback]138502[/snapback]

Actually, this is to be a pro-active thread....focusing specifically on what from a programatic vantage point would make 3ABN more able to meet the needs of those who watch in the U.S. ...nothing more. God is able to handle whatever may or not be of Him... yes.gif

One of the things that I see as a BIG turnoff is when I turn on any SDA program on whatever channel and it is clear that all you see is "recycled shows". IMO it is a disgrace when we only have dated programs to air representing our church.

You asked people what changes they felt needed to be made. Shutting the whole thing down or taking it off the air *is* a programming change; ask the people who have SkyAngel. Just because you don't like the opinions given does not make those opinions off topic. The truth is, as children of the living God, we should not settle for dated programming from a corrupt network that claims to represent the God we serve.

3ABN was not given by divine fiat and Danny Shelton was not anointed to lead it by Zadok the priest and Nathan the prophet. There would be no sin in kicking his personal slush fund to the proverbial curb... preferably sooner rather than later. Your thinking is representative of the mindset that prevented Eli from admonishing his sons... consider then, if you will, what Sis White says in Patriarchs and Prophets chapter 56:

"The example of those who minister in holy things should be such as to impress the people with reverence for God and with fear to offend Him. When men, standing "in Christ's stead" (2 Corinthians 5:20) to speak to the people God's message of mercy and reconciliation, use their sacred calling as a cloak for selfish or sensual gratification, they make themselves the most effective agents of Satan. Like Hophni and Phinehas, they cause men to "abhor the offering of the Lord." They may pursue their evil course in secret for a time; but when at last their true character is exposed, the faith of the people receives a shock that often results in destroying their confidence in religion. There is left upon the mind a distrust of all who profess to teach the word of God. The message of the true servant of Christ is doubtfully received. The question constantly arises, "Will not this man prove to be like the one we thought so holy, and found so corrupt?" Thus the word of God loses its power upon the souls of men. {PP 580.1} "

*That's* why people feel the patient is beyond saving.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jul 11 2006, 09:24 AM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jul 11 2006, 08:19 AM) [snapback]138648[/snapback]

You asked people what changes they felt needed to be made. Shutting the whole thing down or taking it off the air *is* a programming change; ask the people who have SkyAngel. Just because you don't like the opinions given does not make those opinions off topic. The truth is, as children of the living God, we should not settle for dated programming from a corrupt network that claims to represent the God we serve.

3ABN was not given by divine fiat and Danny Shelton was not anointed to lead it by Zadok the priest and Nathan the prophet. There would be no sin in kicking his personal slush fund to the proverbial curb... preferably sooner rather than later. Your thinking is representative of the mindset that prevented Eli from admonishing his sons... consider then, if you will, what Sis White says in Patriarchs and Prophets chapter 56:
*That's* why people feel the patient is beyond saving.

In His service,
Mr. J

Ok, I changed my mind....THIS WAS the best thing said so far. The end.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 11 2006, 09:41 AM
Post #25

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 7 2006, 03:01 PM) [snapback]138081[/snapback]

What are some programatic (not personality or people) changes that would make 3ABN more 21st century and meet more needs of the current Adventist viewership and those that it needs to target in the United States?

I'll start: One of my youth at church suggested that the Drill Team Competitons need to aired....in her opinion, that would stimulate more interest among the youth....I would also add the United Youth Congress. We both agree that "Teen Pathways" (I think that is the right name) is thumbdown.gif and needs to be 2guns.gif and placed out of it's misery (good intentions though). We also agree that Tiny Tots is one of the best and current shows that they have. cheer.gif

What do you think would make it more effective in it's target population in the U.S. (since it does very well, I understand, in providing the needs outside of the U.S.)?

Did it ever occur to the nay sayers that it would have to have a viable alternative that would be able to reach all of the markets and have the "overall" positive influence for people in coming to Christ before God would remove or replace it? And for the record, there is currently none available when it comes to over package, influence and world-wide recognition.

No vision....only murmuring.... wallbash.gif sadwalk.gif

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Jul 11 2006, 09:49 AM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 11 2006, 09:44 AM
Post #26

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Repeating yourself does not change the issue...you asked for opinions; you are receiving them... you are operating on a flawed assumption; people's pointing that out to you is not off topic; they are far more on topic than you are willing to face, it appears.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 11 2006, 09:48 AM
Post #27

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Then you like those who can't see beyond the "sanctified soapbox" can choose not to post here....the previous post has been revised.

smile.gif

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jul 11 2006, 10:44 AM) [snapback]138673[/snapback]

Repeating yourself does not change the issue...you asked for opinions; you are receiving them... you are operating on a flawed assumption; people's pointing that out to you is not off topic; they are far more on topic than you are willing to face, it appears.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 11 2006, 09:52 AM
Post #28

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 11 2006, 11:48 AM) [snapback]138676[/snapback]

Then you like those who can't see beyond the "sanctified soapbox" can choose not to post here....the previous post has been revised.

smile.gif

The beauty of a public forum is that anyone can reply to anything posted... so whether or not I or any other chooses to post in any thread aint your call... you were the one calling for 'objectivity'... yet you are unwilling to consider all possible solutions...

There is a word for that... several, as a matter of fact which come to mind off hand...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 11 2006, 09:56 AM
Post #29

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 11 2006, 10:41 AM) [snapback]138670[/snapback]

Did it ever occur to the nay sayers that it would have to have a viable alternative that would be able to reach all of the markets and have the "overall" positive influence for people in coming to Christ before God would remove or replace it? And for the record, there is currently none available when it comes to over package, influence and world-wide recognition.

No vision....only murmuring.... wallbash.gif sadwalk.gif

Being the heathen that I tend to be and minus a sanctified soapbox (heathens don't need those), you have stated a couple of assumptions.... as its been pointed out, the start of 3abn was based on a lie... I don't think God would start a ministry based on a lie, thus he would not have to wait for a equal alternative to be available before 3abn met its demise....

as for your no vision comment.... I am personally offended that you would attack, yes attack those of us who are visionally challenged and have to wear glasses....

IPB Image

thats a new low for you simplysarah.... sadwalk.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 11 2006, 09:59 AM
Post #30

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 11 2006, 09:56 AM) [snapback]138679[/snapback]

Being the heathen that I tend to be and minus a sanctified soapbox (heathens don't need those), you have stated a couple of assumptions.... as its been pointed out, the start of 3abn was based on a lie... I don't think God would start a ministry based on a lie, thus he would not have to wait for a equal alternative to be available before 3abn met its demise....

as for your no vision comment.... I am personally offended that you would attack, yes attack those of us who are visionally challenged and have to wear glasses....

IPB Image

thats a new low for you simplysarah.... sadwalk.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:45 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church