Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9818&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:45:53 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A New Sda Face For 3abn...., ....well our wishlist
Clay
post Jul 11 2006, 10:05 AM
Post #31

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 11 2006, 09:48 AM) [snapback]138676[/snapback]

Then you like those who can't see beyond the "sanctified soapbox" can choose not to post here....the previous post has been revised.

smile.gif

ummmmm there are a lot of heathen here.... and ummmm they wouldn't know a sanctified soapbox if it hit them in the head.... so ummm people will post where ever it suits them..... I think that's how the rules go.... dunno.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jul 11 2006, 10:06 AM
Post #32

Guests

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 11 2006, 10:41 AM) [snapback]138670[/snapback]

Did it ever occur to the nay sayers that it would have to have a viable alternative that would be able to reach all of the markets and have the "overall" positive influence for people in coming to Christ before God would remove or replace it? And for the record, there is currently none available when it comes to over package, influence and world-wide recognition.

No vision....only murmuring.... wallbash.gif sadwalk.gif

That is like a husband who buys something he should not have and when the wife asks him to return it he says, "You have to provide a viable alternative before I return it."

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 11 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #33

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 830

No attack....the parameters were set in the OP...there are plenty threads here that openly attack, criticize, and defame the founders, their presentation of the facts regarding the onset, and personal items about their lives, which in all fairness may or may not be true...I am not here to challenge that or to say that a persons "feelings or experience is or is not valid"....

What I am challenging people to do is accept the fact that God has allowed 3ABN to have the influence world-wide that it has...more so than (keeping it real) Hope TV may ever be able to reach---an independent ministry has the ability to do things (good and bad) that cannot be done in an direct organizational relationship (i.e. BSDA is a perfect example).

In "replacing 3ABN", one would still have to address the following concerns:

1. Who do you replace it with, that will carry the weight and influence and yet still not directly under the guise of the church.

2. What does the structure look like?

3. Back to the OP, what does the direct shows, programming, and focus need to look like to better minister to the SDA's in the U.S. (adding for clarity) as a viable alternative to other Christian channels such as TBN?

So what was that when people were asked not to post in the "3ABN threads" if they thought it was bogus...? That does not seem equitable... no2.gif or fair.... scratchchin.gif

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 11 2006, 10:05 AM) [snapback]138684[/snapback]

ummmmm there are a lot of heathen here.... and ummmm they wouldn't know a sanctified soapbox if it hit them in the head.... so ummm people will post where ever it suits them..... I think that's how the rules go.... dunno.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Jul 11 2006, 10:16 AM
Post #34

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 11 2006, 09:41 AM) [snapback]138670[/snapback]

Did it ever occur to the nay sayers that it would have to have a [u]viable alternative that would be able to reach all of the markets and have the "overall" positive influence for people in coming to Christ before God would remove or replace it? [/u] And for the record, there is currently none available when it comes to over package, influence and world-wide recognition.

No vision....only murmuring.... wallbash.gif sadwalk.gif

And you base this on what exactly? Why does God need anything manmade to reach people? He does us a favor by letting us use are feeble efforts to spread the gospel, not the other way around.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 11 2006, 10:18 AM
Post #35

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

you attacked me and my visionally challenged comrades....

IPB Image

you're going down....

IPB Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Jul 11 2006, 10:19 AM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 11 2006, 09:48 AM) [snapback]138676[/snapback]

Then you like those who can't see beyond the "sanctified soapbox" can choose not to post here....the previous post has been revised.

smile.gif

offtopic.gif I'm really curious here, Sarah...why do you always feel compelled to let people know they "can choose not to post" in a specific thread? Isn't this a free and open forum, or am I missing something? dunno.gif Really curious... scratchchin.gif

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 11 2006, 10:20 AM
Post #37

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

giggle.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif O.K. Urkel...you are SO WRONG for this... lol_2.gif

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 11 2006, 11:18 AM) [snapback]138689[/snapback]

you attacked me and my visionally challenged comrades....

IPB Image

you're going down....

IPB Image

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jul 11 2006, 10:20 AM
Post #38

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Sarah, I think they have told in the the last few pages of posts exactly what you have aksed, but you just don't like the answers. They are not off topic just because they didn't agree that televising drill teams and Youth Congress will "fix" what is wrong there. What you are proposing is as Awesumtenor, has ssid before, "Using the devil's tools to do The Lord's work", and it won't fly. If the ministry started with a lie and continues on lies, then as Bear says, it needs more than "dressing up", and he is someone who should know. So, you just might want ot let this one go. Too many know dyfunction when they see it.

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 11 2006, 09:13 AM) [snapback]138687[/snapback]

No attack....the parameters were set in the OP...there are plenty threads here that openly attack, criticize, and defame the founders, their presentation of the facts regarding the onset, and personal items about their lives, which in all fairness may or may not be true...I am not here to challenge that or to say that a persons "feelings or experience is or is not valid"....

What I am challenging people to do is accept the fact that God has allowed 3ABN to have the influence world-wide that it has...more so than (keeping it real) Hope TV may ever be able to reach---an independent ministry has the ability to do things (good and bad) that cannot be done in an direct organizational relationship (i.e. BSDA is a perfect example).

1. Who do you replace it with, that will carry the weight and influence and yet still not directly under the guise of the church.

3. Back to the OP, what does the direct shows, programming, and focus need to look like to better minister to the SDA's in the U.S. (adding for clarity) as a viable alternative to other Christian channels such as TBN?

So what was that when people were asked not to post in the "3ABN threads" if they thought it was bogus...? That does not seem equitable... no2.gif or fair.... scratchchin.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 11 2006, 10:23 AM
Post #39

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I am curious here, why is it that some feel compelled to use the offtopic.gif when it is in a thread that they have initiated or believe is important/relavent, but disregard that when it is in another thread by someone else? uhm.gif

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Jul 11 2006, 11:19 AM) [snapback]138690[/snapback]

offtopic.gif I'm really curious here, Sarah...why do you always feel compelled to let people know they "can choose not to post" in a specific thread? Isn't this a free and open forum, or am I missing something? dunno.gif Really curious... scratchchin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Jul 11 2006, 10:24 AM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 11 2006, 12:11 PM) [snapback]138687[/snapback]

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 11 2006, 12:23 PM) [snapback]138693[/snapback]

I am curious here, why is it that some feel compelled to use the offtopic.gif when it is in a thread that they have initiated or believe is important/relavent, but disregard that when it is in another thread by someone else? uhm.gif

And addressing those concerns is not necessarily offtopic.gif...

You've been very territorial in your threads, more so, recently...I'm wondering if it is personal or something else...not jumping to any conclusions, but I have observed a few folks on BSDA getting territorial in their threads, and even moderators behaving like this in their forums. Now I respect everyone here, regardless of status, but I am wondering if folks are getting caught up in a power struggle...we all tend to go off topic here...sometimes that leads to more interesting discussion, sometimes not...it is just like a party or gathering, especially when you get a bunch of gregarious folk in one room, just like ourselves...it happens. I don't think there is a need for the territorial nature that I've seen as of late...

This post has been edited by LadyTenor: Jul 11 2006, 10:26 AM

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Jul 11 2006, 10:26 AM
Post #41

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 11 2006, 10:23 AM) [snapback]138693[/snapback]

Carry on, Sarah...I have no desire to go round and round in circles and I don't understand your question...this is your thread so have at it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 11 2006, 10:27 AM
Post #42

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I would rather repond to this in another thread....so let's do it.....

QUOTE(LadyTenor @ Jul 11 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]138694[/snapback]

And addressing those concerns is not necessarily offtopic.gif...

You've been very territorial in your threads, more so, recently...I'm wondering if it is personal or something else...not jumping to any conclusions, but I have observed a few folks on BSDA getting territorial in their threads, and even moderators behaving like this in their forums. Now I respect everyone here, regardless of status, but I am wondering if folks are getting caught up in a power struggle...we all tend to go off topic here...sometimes that leads to more interesting discussion, sometimes not...it is just like a party or gathering, especially when you get a bunch of gregarious folk in one room, just like ourselves...it happens. I don't think there is a need for the territorial nature that I've seen as of late...

...I won't say any more, because I am definately now offtopic.gif!!!!

I apologize for hijacking this thread....

--------------------

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 11 2006, 10:37 AM
Post #43

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 11 2006, 12:13 PM) [snapback]138687[/snapback]

If we attribute to God 3ABN's existence then we also have to attribute to God it's no longer being on SkyAngel, which was the vehicle through which it obtained and maintained it's wide-scale footprint. Because it is no longer on SkyAngel, it has little more visibility than any of the networks watchbird noted in her initial reply to you. If they are, because of their size, so easily dismissed, then 3ABN is just as easily dismissed... for all of it's wannabe-itis, 3ABN was not TBN; it wasn't even the 700Club and was NEVER going to attain either the name recognition or the following of either... even if every Adventist on the planet had it... there just arent enough of us.

Fine; God allowed 3ABN to have the influence it does... and in response they screwed the pooch... which brings us back to the quote I posted earlier from Patriarchs and prophets:

"The example of those who minister in holy things should be such as to impress the people with reverence for God and with fear to offend Him. When men, standing "in Christ's stead" (2 Corinthians 5:20) to speak to the people God's message of mercy and reconciliation, use their sacred calling as a cloak for selfish or sensual gratification, they make themselves the most effective agents of Satan. Like Hophni and Phinehas, they cause men to "abhor the offering of the Lord." They may pursue their evil course in secret for a time; but when at last their true character is exposed, the faith of the people receives a shock that often results in destroying their confidence in religion. There is left upon the mind a distrust of all who profess to teach the word of God. The message of the true servant of Christ is doubtfully received. The question constantly arises, "Will not this man prove to be like the one we thought so holy, and found so corrupt?" Thus the word of God loses its power upon the souls of men...Of all sinners, those are most guilty who cast contempt upon the means that Heaven has provided for man's redemption--who "crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put Him to an open shame." Hebrews 6:6."

If you recall, in 1Samuel, because of the sin of Hophni and Phineas and the unwillingness of Eli toaddress that sin *Israel* as a whole suffered; the ark was taken by the Philistines and the glory of the Lord departed. and now we have the same scenario playing out again with 3ABN... where the stench of the excess and corruption has made it all the way to heaven to the very nostrils of God and those like you who could rebuke it by ceasing to help perpetuate it are now sitting in the very balance in which Eli was found wanting.

If you also recall in 1Samuel... God did not revise, repair or reform the house of Eli.

He destroyed it and raised up another.

Since you claim that God raised it up in the first place, these questions are *His* concern... not ours...so your argument has no merit. The only way we have to worry about answering these questions is if it was men operating alone who stood 3ABN up in the first place...

So what was that when people were asked not to post in the "3ABN threads" if they thought it was bogus...? That does not seem equitable... no2.gif or fair.... scratchchin.gif [/color]

Go back and re-read; you've obviously missed a lot.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jul 11 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #44

Guests

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jul 11 2006, 11:37 AM) [snapback]138704[/snapback]

Fine; God allowed 3ABN to have the influence it does... and in response they screwed the pooch...

We ought to spare a thought for that poor pooch.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 11 2006, 11:21 AM
Post #45

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(statrei @ Jul 11 2006, 10:40 AM) [snapback]138708[/snapback]

We ought to spare a thought for that poor pooch.

okay.... a 10 second moment of silence for the violated pooch.....

To the unknown, but known pooch.....

IPB Image

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:45 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church