Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9823&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:37:15 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Televangelist, unedited orginal document in it's entirety
watchbird
post Aug 14 2006, 07:51 PM
Post #76

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 14 2006, 07:19 PM) [snapback]145025[/snapback]

A televangelist who gets a quickie divorce, etc. will get a bullet on NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, CNN. We forget the media love to bring down a telelvangelist. It was years before they left Benny Hinn alone. Now add the rest and you just made the news at 5, 6 anad 11.

And don't forget "60 minutes" and the various Evangelical Watchdog organizations. This is one mess that the church is NOT going to "sweep under the rug". And even the carpet is going out on the line for a good beating. If we won't clean our own house ......... OK ........ there are commercial cleaners that would simply love the job.

..................... TVsnack.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 20 2006, 04:31 PM
Post #77

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

TVsnack.gif

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 25 2006, 03:49 PM
Post #78

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

For the benefit of those just joining us, here is the document which is being discussed in another thread. So if you came to this end point first, I'd recommend going back to the menu, and first of all reading the document in its entirety. It was, as I've said elsewhere, the most successful of the various efforts to get leaders to take a serious look and ask questions about what was written. It is also interesting to note that it was Danny himself who gave it world-wide publicity and called attention to it by applying it to himself and calling it all "lies".

Yet elsewhere on this site, there is evidence that what is contained in the "fictionalized" account are bundles of truths.

This post has been edited by watchbird: Aug 25 2006, 03:51 PM

+Quote Post
justme
post Aug 31 2006, 07:41 PM
Post #79

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 25 2006, 05:49 PM) [snapback]148059[/snapback]

For the benefit of those just joining us, here is the document which is being discussed in another thread. So if you came to this end point first, I'd recommend going back to the menu, and first of all reading the document in its entirety. It was, as I've said elsewhere, the most successful of the various efforts to get leaders to take a serious look and ask questions about what was written. It is also interesting to note that it was Danny himself who gave it world-wide publicity and called attention to it by applying it to himself and calling it all "lies".

Yet elsewhere on this site, there is evidence that what is contained in the "fictionalized" account are bundles of truths.

If he call it a lie, I'm evenmore inclined to believe it.
It is too important to ignore, especially in the light of developments soon to be made known. Until then, let's all pray for those being "held captive" under it's power, who's hearts are in the right place, awaitng a time to be delivered.

Until then, here it is again:

“The Televangelist”
By: Jorgen VanBraun
Copyright 2005

Don’t need to repeat this again in its entirety. Go to the first page/first post of this thread to read it.

This post has been edited by calvin: Aug 31 2006, 08:53 PM

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 31 2007, 12:34 PM
Post #80

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 25 2006, 04:49 PM) [snapback]148059[/snapback]

.....bump.gif....
Time to bring this forward again, I think. The document in its entirety is posted as post #1 in this thread. Click here to go directly to it.

Keep in mind that the only line of fiction is found on the title page where it claims that what is written is fiction. Parts of the rest may be told in a "fictionalized" manner... but the facts are all ... sadly to say.... true. Keep in mind also that it was written at a specific point in time.... May 2005, just before General Conference Session July of 2005. So obviously the story has moved on from that point, but this is especially valuable for background information.

And as you read elsewhere in this site, you will be able to recognize the stories as they are retold by other participants or eyewitnesses... very often with names included. So by comparing what is said in this document with those other posts, the pieces fit together a little better.

+Quote Post
franklyamazed
post Jan 31 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #81

Member No.: 2,859

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. But if you add a certain paranoid mental conditon, you get corruption gone crazy.

It leaves me... frankly amazed

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Feb 1 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(franklyamazed @ Jan 31 2007, 11:47 PM) [snapback]174292[/snapback]

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. But if you add a certain paranoid mental conditon, you get corruption gone crazy.

Haven't heard this version before...but I like it! spoton.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
watchbird
post May 22 2007, 08:36 PM
Post #83

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

.....bump.gif.... Once more... for the convenience of those recently joining us.... I'll bring this to thefront page of the menu, the easier to find it. As I said earlier.....
QUOTE(watchbird @ Jan 31 2007, 02:34 PM) [snapback]174192[/snapback]

. . . The document in its entirety is posted as post #1 in this thread. Click here to go directly to it.

Keep in mind that the only line of fiction is found on the title page where it claims that what is written is fiction. Parts of the rest may be told in a "fictionalized" manner... but the facts are all ... sadly to say.... true. Keep in mind also that it was written at a specific point in time.... May 2005, just before General Conference Session July of 2005. So obviously the story has moved on from that point, but this is especially valuable for background information.

And as you read elsewhere in this site, you will be able to recognize the stories as they are retold by other participants or eyewitnesses... very often with names included. So by comparing what is said in this document with those other posts, the pieces fit together a little better.

.............. TVsnack.gif................

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 22 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #84

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(franklyamazed @ Jan 31 2007, 09:47 PM) [snapback]174292[/snapback]

Only one who is already absolutely corrupt will seek or accept absolute power.

+Quote Post
sister
post May 22 2007, 09:20 PM
Post #85

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 22 2007, 10:08 PM) [snapback]196492[/snapback]

Only one who is already absolutely corrupt will seek or accept absolute power.

So true, Bear. Do you remember the song from circa 1985 by Tears to Fears, Everybody Wants to Rule the World? Do you remember the lyrics:

Welcome to your life
Theres no turning back
Even while we sleep
We will find you
Acting on your best behaviour
Turn your back on mother nature
Everybody wants to rule the world

Its my own design
Its my own remorse
Help me to decide
Help me make the most
Of freedom and of pleasure
Nothing ever lasts forever

Theres a room where the light wont find you
Holding hands while the walls come tumbling down
When they do Ill be right behind you

So glad weve almost made it
So sad they had to fade it

I cant stand this indecision
Married with a lack of vision
Say that youll never never never never need it
One headline why believe it ?

All for freedom and for pleasure
Nothing ever lasts forever

Does it remind you of anyone we know... Maybe it could be the Televangelist's new theme song?

This post has been edited by sister: May 22 2007, 09:22 PM

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 23 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #86

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

Just a "FYI". the group's name is Tears For Fears.
QUOTE(sister @ May 22 2007, 09:20 PM) [snapback]196494[/snapback]

So true, Bear. Do you remember the song from circa 1985 by Tears to Fears, Everybody Wants to Rule the World? Do you remember the lyrics:

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:37 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church