Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9862&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:39:03 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dr. Arild Abrahamsen Speaks Out For Himself And Linda
Daryl Fawcett
post Jul 14 2006, 10:31 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,851

Calvin,

I have placed the 3ABN topics into a forum that all Seventh-day Adventists can read.

Even though it is very public here, I prefer not to open it to the whole world there.

I also think Club Adventist isn't opening it up for the whole world to read either.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 14 2006, 10:32 AM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Jul 14 2006, 10:32 AM) [snapback]139254[/snapback]

I appreciate you posting this but I have a couple of questions? If nothing happened as Danny says, did Linda and the Dr. ever have a relationship after the fact? Also, what happened to Danny's ex son in law? Why did him and Melody divorce? Was he also fired from 3ABN? Or was he too uncomfortable to work there?

When Linda was fired by 3ABN she suddenly was without any medical insurance. Before the divorce she went to see a physician together with Danny, and he discovered something that had to be taken care of. Since she had no insurance Dr. Arild Abrahamsen offered to give her treatments without any charge. So Linda, and my wife, Irmgard, were often together in his treatment room - and Linda was also present at her funeral in the Adventist Church, Bergen, Norway. On that occasion Linda came forward and expressed her gratitute for Irmgard remaining a friend when all others abandoned her.

As for Danny's ex-son-in-law, there is coming something about him in another section. His story is so sad that he might not feel comfortable if I tell too much. I'll ask him privately how much he will let me give you of his story and encounter with the Shelton family.

This post has been edited by Johann: Jul 14 2006, 10:59 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
sister
post Jul 14 2006, 10:39 AM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 14 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]139319[/snapback]

Is it being suggested that Danny Shelton may have bipolar disorder and that this is reason for his choices over the past few years?

Will Dr. Abrahamsen be willing to do an interview here at BSDA related to what is presented in the letter?

The other question that I have related to the letter posted (in segments) is will/has the doctor formally sent the letter to:

1. NAD
2. 3ABN Board of Directors
3. All persons mentioned in the letter

Dr. A has stated, "I could see from my 35 years of experience as a physician that Danny was a psychopath." Bipolar disorder and being a psychopath are two very different conditions.

I would say the following is a better discription of Danny Shelton's condition than biopolar disorder:

“The standard clinical test for psychopathy, Robert Hare's PCL-R, evaluates 20 personality traits overall, but a subset of eight traits defines what he calls the “corporate psychopath” — the nonviolent person prone to the “selfish, callous, and remorseless use of others.” What environment is conducive for the attributes of a “corporate psychopath” to combine with those of a “charismatic psychopath”? “Charismatic Psychopaths are charming, attractive liars. They are usually gifted at some talent or another, and they use it to their advantage in manipulating others. They are usually fast-talkers, and possess an almost demonic ability to persuade others out of everything they own, even their lives. Leaders of religious sects or cults, for example, might be psychopaths... often they come to believe in their own fictions. They are irresistible.” Unfortunately, independent ministries, without external accountability, can become the ideal environment for this type of individual to prosper.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 14 2006, 10:50 AM
Post #19

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 14 2006, 06:20 PM) [snapback]139319[/snapback]

Is it being suggested that Danny Shelton may have bipolar disorder and that this is reason for his choices over the past few years?

Will Dr. Abrahamsen be willing to do an interview here at BSDA related to what is presented in the letter?

The other question that I have related to the letter posted (in segments) is will/has the doctor formally sent the letter to:

1. NAD
2. 3ABN Board of Directors
3. All persons mentioned in the letter

I'm in the process of mailing this to all involved - and anyone else who might be interested. If you can get me the e-mail addresses to all the members of the 3ABN Board of Directors I would be delighted. These have been witheld until now. Wonder why?

If you have friends or foes you'd like to share it with, I'll send you an original copy of the whole letter if you send me your e-mail address to

<johann@direkte.org>

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 14 2006, 11:35 AM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 14 2006, 10:31 AM) [snapback]139333[/snapback]

Calvin,

I have placed the 3ABN topics into a forum that all Seventh-day Adventists can read.

Even though it is very public here, I prefer not to open it to the whole world there.

Daryl, surely you do not you think that only Adventists watch 3ABN. And if non-Adventists have heard the accusations and have risked their monies thinking they were giving direct to the Lord --- then shouldn't non-Adventists also have an equal opportunity to hear the other side of the stories?

I also think Club Adventist isn't opening it up for the whole world to read either.

So? Surely you aren't saying that you want your forum to be a carbon copy of Club Adventist.

scratchchin.gif Maybe you should give this whole thing a little more thought. uhm.gif

+Quote Post
September
post Jul 14 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,857

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 14 2006, 01:35 PM) [snapback]139357[/snapback]

Daryl, surely you do not you think that only Adventists watch 3ABN. And if non-Adventists have heard the accusations and have risked their monies thinking they were giving direct to the Lord --- then shouldn't non-Adventists also have an equal opportunity to hear the other side of the stories?
So? Surely you aren't saying that you want your forum to be a carbon copy of Club Adventist.

scratchchin.gif Maybe you should give this whole thing a little more thought. uhm.gif

I am one of those non-Adventists and I surely appreciate being able to read this and get the truth of this situation since I have long had suspicions. I was a member of CA, but found that I had to pay to read anything pertaining to 3ABN there. Fortunately I was directed here where the forum is open to anyone.

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jul 14 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

I think it may be appropriate to post something for all to see, but I would prefer that be done in an open environment in a different way than the way it is being done in our various forums.

What I will do is open up a new topic over at MSDAOL and see what the feeling is there about this.

--------------------

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jul 14 2006, 11:50 AM
Post #23

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 14 2006, 11:35 AM) [snapback]139357[/snapback]

They have their reasons. Have to respect their decision to run their boards as they see fit.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 14 2006, 12:11 PM
Post #24

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 14 2006, 12:50 PM) [snapback]139363[/snapback]

They have their reasons. Have to respect their decision to run their boards as they see fit.

yep.... even when it doesn't make any sense.... IMO of course...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jul 14 2006, 12:17 PM
Post #25

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 14 2006, 12:35 PM) [snapback]139357[/snapback]

And if non-Adventists have heard the accusations and have risked their monies thinking they were giving direct to the Lord --- then shouldn't non-Adventists also have an equal opportunity to hear the other side of the stories? So? Surely you aren't saying that you want your forum to be a carbon copy of Club Adventist.

I agree with Calvin, that it is your decision, Daryl, ultimately. However, I still think there are good people in the Adventist Church who cannot participate in perpetuating a lie.

In addition, non-adventist Christians must also wonder what happened to that Adventist woman with that dog, Fluffy.

I hope they have not walked away, disillusioned, believing absurd things happened that never happened.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Jul 14 2006, 12:18 PM

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jul 14 2006, 12:18 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 14 2006, 02:50 PM) [snapback]139363[/snapback]

We are definitely not a carbon copy of any forum. smile.gif

And, thank you, Calvin, for your post. That is what makes each of our forums unique. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Daryl Fawcett: Jul 14 2006, 12:19 PM

--------------------

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 14 2006, 12:25 PM
Post #27

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jul 14 2006, 12:18 PM) [snapback]139374[/snapback]

We are definitely not a carbon copy of any forum. smile.gif

And, thank you, Calvin, for your post. That is what makes each of our forums unique. smile.gif

Uniqueness is overrated......

your forum and CA use the same or similiar software for the board? Your forum and CA choose to hide the info on 3abn so the "public" won't see it... while those two things don't make carbon copies, it is interesting....

Maybe its an adventist thing to hide the flaws and not discuss those issues unless they are glaring... otherwise deny, deny, deny..... just an observation..

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jul 14 2006, 12:45 PM
Post #28

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Johann @ Jul 14 2006, 11:50 AM) [snapback]139343[/snapback]

I'm in the process of mailing this to all involved - and anyone else who might be interested. If you can get me the e-mail addresses to all the members of the 3ABN Board of Directors I would be delighted. These have been witheld until now. Wonder why?

If you have friends or foes you'd like to share it with, I'll send you an original copy of the whole letter if you send me your e-mail address to

<johann@direkte.org>

There would be no reason to waste your time on the 3ABN Board of Followers . They are followers, Johann. They direct nothing that I can see.

The Chairman of the 3ABN Board of Followers is, most likely, at the point where he can no longer entertain any other versions than the ones he has allowed to be published under his name.

QUOTE(Johann @ Jul 14 2006, 11:50 AM) [snapback]139343[/snapback]

I'm in the process of mailing this to all involved
<johann@direkte.org>

A copy, signed by Dr. Arild Abrahamsen, should be mailed to the Adventist Today mailing address.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 14 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Letter from Dr. Abrahamsen, June 20, 2006, Section Four

At one point I had a conversation with Walt Thompson, Chairman of the Board of 3ABN. He asked me to stop all communication with Linda. This had also been communicated to Johann and Irmgard Thorvaldsson and others. I told him that it was obviously Danny's plan to isolate Linda from everyone at a time when she needed help. To me it was the Christian thing to answer her phone calls and the only humane thing to do for someone who was in crisis. Others did not come to Linda's aid because they did not want to lose whatever benefit they gained from 3ABN, whether it be a job, programming, promotions, etc. Walt was also the one who phoned Linda when she was suspended from the ministry by her husband. He instructed her that she must not come to the ministry (which she co-founded) without calling ahead of time because she must be supervised when at 3ABN. Danny broke into a locked bathroom to forcefully take her keys to 3ABN from her. Her hard drive of her computer was confiscated, her contact information taken and even her filing cabinets ravaged, all without any kind of Board action.

Linda was living in an impossible situation. Danny was "in her face" on a regular basis. At times he would say, "If you don't say you're a pathological liar, the marriage and 3ABN is over. If you don't say you're an adulterous woman the marriage and 3ABN is over for you. If you don't say you've given your heart to another man and that he is a demon the marriage and 3ABN is over..... etc." It even reached the point when he demanded her to say "Repeat after me." Johann and I received a couple emails, which said they were from Linda, but they were written by Danny. Linda saw her ministry being destroyed one day at a time. All of this was dehumanizing and terrifying to Linda, who was trying to hold things together. She very much realized what was at stake.

An "investigative committee" was put together by Walt Thompson to look into this situation. They were Walt Thompson, Bill Hulsey, Nick Miller and Kay Kuzma. Danny talked privately at length with each of these people. Linda did not. The committee as a whole never met with Linda at all. In one brief phone conversation with Kay Kuzma she told Linda, "The Board is not interested in you and Danny's personal problems. It is only interested in the fact that the President no longer wants his Vice-President." Johann Thorvaldsson testifies that he spoke with Kay the following day. She told him she was instructed to get Linda used to the idea of not being at 3ABN anymore and to try to get her involved in another ministry.

It's interesting that at the time Danny accused Linda for speaking on the phone to me, that he was in the practice of speaking regularly with Brenda, Linda's "friend." He also visited often with her in her 3ABN apartment in the night. A worker at 3ABN states that Brenda even went golfing with Danny behind Linda's back while she was working. As soon as Brenda saw where the tide was turning, she was no longer Linda's friend. She became an accuser as well.

About May 1, 2004 instructions were given to the production staff to wipe Linda's face off of the network by June 1, again with no Board action. All CD's, videos, literature and photos of Linda were stripped out of the Call Center. She was sent a document a few days later specifying that she was advised to get 30 days of counseling by counselors of "their" choice. If she did not agree to this in writing within 24 hours, her employment could be gone. She requested time for an attorney to look at the document. This was refused. Mail was flooding into the network with Linda's name on it. They were all returned to sender. Her scheduled speaking appointments for women's ministries were sabotaged by those in leadership at 3ABN.

Danny told those who worked for Linda that she was a pathological liar and to stay away from her. (He did not want them to hear the other side of the story.) At one point Linda told Walt that Dan was purposefully ruining her reputation and that she was not willing to be a martyr for 3ABN. Walt's response was "How else are we going to save the ministry?"

Stay tuned for another section of this letter - later

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chez
post Jul 14 2006, 04:09 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(Johann @ Jul 13 2006, 03:00 PM) [snapback]139167[/snapback]

Letter from Dr. Abrahamsen, June 20, 2006, Section Two
. We also concluded that Linda was in danger.

Things eventually progressed from emotional and mental abuse to physical abuse. In the midst of all this harassment Linda asked Danny, 'Why are you treating me like this?' He answered, 'Because I want you to get out.'

To Be Continued

My husband and I were talking about this. He mentioned the times that Linda was allegedly attacked by a dog. He was speculating about possible physical abuse from Danny.

This man (Danny Shelton) sounds EXTREMELY DANGEROUS! He appears to be a BULLY and those who are his verbal and silent supporters affirm his behavior or his misbehavior. They are co-conspirators or bystanders (supporters) of this madness.

I'M FURIOUS!!!!!! 2guns.gif

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church