Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9894&st=150 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:57:06 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Time For Action
ajgary95
post Jul 29 2006, 10:19 AM
Post #151

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,813

Tommy Shelton does not reside in Illinois if I'm not mistaken he lives in KY. The other brother is Kenny Shelton who also has Behold the Lamb Ministries. He started out with Danny originally on 3ABN.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Jul 29 2006, 10:22 AM
Post #152

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

Tommy Shelton does not reside in Illinois if I'm not mistaken he lives in KY. The other brother is Kenny Shelton who also has Behold the Lamb Ministries. He started out with Danny originally on 3ABN.

This is my post & I'm not sure why its changing user names in the middle of doing things.

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
no_cults
post Jul 29 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #153

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,322

QUOTE(Lee @ Jul 29 2006, 11:07 AM) [snapback]142337[/snapback]

Hello Everyone--I'm new here and this is my first post. I just wanted to say that I looked up Thomas B. Shelton on the Illinois sex offender list and there is a picture of the man. It is NOT Tommy Shelton from 3ABN. It may be a distant relative, I don't know, but it is not the pianist on 3 ABN.

Lee

I hope you're right. But, the birthdates of this Thomas Shelton could make him
Danny's older brother (2 yrs older) and the Thomas Shelton evidentally lives
around 10 miles from 3abn. Just a cooincidence, I guess. I looked at the
picture and could see some similarities. Hard to tell and be sure, though. People
usually aren't smiling in mug shots....... unless you're Tom DeLay.

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Jul 29 2006, 11:46 AM
Post #154

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,672

Thomas B Shelton is not Danny's brother Tommy. I went to look to make sure & it is definitely not the same person. I have seen Tommy in person & the picture looks nothing like him. I think Tommy's middle name is Lee but not positive. But that aside I also put a search in on http://www.familywatchdog.us/ for the name Shelton & all states & he isn't registered. I think there is a lot more to the story of why he isn't registered but I'll let someone that would actually know for sure put it out there if they choose too.

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 29 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #155

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

There is enough evidence existing on the Shelton's and their hot mess on toast activities....

I hope no one "makes up" anything that will in the end make all the "true stuff" go away...because of one.... "lie".....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jul 29 2006, 02:21 PM
Post #156

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Lee @ Jul 29 2006, 10:07 AM) [snapback]142337[/snapback]

Hello Everyone--I'm new here and this is my first post. I just wanted to say that I looked up Thomas B. Shelton on the Illinois sex offender list and there is a picture of the man. It is NOT Tommy Shelton from 3ABN. It may be a distant relative, I don't know, but it is not the pianist on 3 ABN.

Lee

Tommy lives in KY. He has a website. http://www.tommyshelton.com/

Email: tommy@tommyshelton.com
Phone: 270-965-1698

Mailing address:
Tommy Shelton
9090 SR 91 North
Marion, KY 42064

My understanding is that he lives in KY because the agreement with the parents of more than one child was that he could never live in IL again. I am sure they were paid very well for not pressing charges.

He is not a Seventh-day Adventist.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 29 2006, 02:24 PM
Post #157

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

Well!

Umph!

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 29 2006, 03:33 PM
Post #158

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 29 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]142354[/snapback]

There is enough evidence existing on the Shelton's and their hot mess on toast activities....

I hope no one "makes up" anything that will in the end make all the "true stuff" go away...because of one.... "lie".....

Excellent points. This is the real reason why it is so necessary to do exactly as Calvin has done and forbid speculation. And it is also why some here are busily working in the background to try and determine the truth or falsity of some speculative statements, since if they are true they should be established as such, and if they cannot be determined, then they should not be talked about lest they feed upon themselves and what seems to be collaborating "evidence" turns out not to be that.......which would then tend to discredit all information that is being presented.

The questions about the Tommy Shelton listed in Illinois as a sex offender is a case in point. So it is well that some alert person caught the fact that this was not the same Tommy before someone claimed this as evidence against him.

But in view of the recent questions about both brothers, I took a look to see what has already been posted to the forum on these subjects.

The two brothers, Tommy and Kenny are both introduced to us in chapter 1 (Linda out, family in...) of An Unauthorized History of 3ABN http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9762 .

But there seems to be no more discussion of either of them in the history threads until down near the end of chapter 5 where Beartrap gives a history of Kenny Shelton in post #5, http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...ndpost&p=130344 This is followed by a few other posts that touch on the same topic.

I will also include here a few paragraphs from a personal letter I received on 10/11/2005 which adds a few details Beartrap does not give in the post above or in his comments in succeeding posts.

I have noticed that Kenny Shelton is showing up on 3ABN quite often now. In the late eighties Kenny left the West Frankfort SDA church and started a new one about fifteen miles away in Herrin. It became an actual church with him as the pastor. He hooked up with John and Marshall Grosboll, Ron Spear, John Osborn, and a few others. He began calling the SDA church Babylon, encouraging people to leave the church and start their own home churches using his videos, and send their tithe to him.

The IL conference president, Jim Brauer, attempted to work with him. Brauer visited Kenny's church and was physically removed. The doors were locked behind him. He also tried to visit Kenny at home, but Kenny ordered him off the property. The conference eventually sent a letter to all of Kenny's members letting them know that they had a specific amount of time to get membership in other local churches or be disfellowshipped. Kenny led an entire church out of the Church and they were disfellowshipped.

Now Kenny (Behold the Lamb Ministries) works regularly with John Grosboll and Dennis Crystal going about leading people out of Adventism and into their ultra conservative movement. As recently as this month Kenny wrote an article in Grosboll's magazine dissing the Church.

Perhaps others who either have addtional information on Danny's various brothers, or who know where they have been discussed in other threads, could give that here as well as pointing us to the other places they have been discussed on BSDA.

This post has been edited by watchbird: Jul 29 2006, 03:34 PM

+Quote Post
no_cults
post Jul 29 2006, 04:00 PM
Post #159

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,322

If someone states that they believe that the Thomas Shelton who is listed
as a "sex offender in Ill" (who lives within 10 miles of 3abn) IS the same
person as Tommy Shelton and brother of Danny Shelton - THAT is speculation.

I simply noted that there was a person named Thomas Shelton showing up
at a Sex-offender web-site and asked IF IT WAS the brother of Danny Shelton.
(Believing that someone on this board might know.)

The person listed actually did fit the age of someone who could be the brother
of Danny Shelton..... also approx. physical characteristics. This information
along with hints that there were problems such as this with not one but TWO
of the Shelton brothers made this a logical question to ask.

Evidentally.... someone on this board knows Tommy's likeness well enough and
is willing to say without question that the Thomas B. Shelton living nearby 3abn
is not the same person as Tommy Shelton (bro. fo Danny).

Indeed, I hope they are right. They at 3ABN have enough on their plate right now.

Whew!!!

+Quote Post
Lee
post Jul 29 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #160

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

Here is the link where I found the picture of Thomas Shelton.

http://www.nsopr.gov/

You may need to put in his name on the lefthand side and then when it shows up, click right on it. His picture will then show.

Lee

This post has been edited by Lee: Jul 29 2006, 04:51 PM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jul 29 2006, 05:34 PM
Post #161

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Lee @ Jul 29 2006, 04:47 PM) [snapback]142384[/snapback]

Here is the link where I found the picture of Thomas Shelton.

http://www.nsopr.gov/

You may need to put in his name on the lefthand side and then when it shows up, click right on it. His picture will then show.

Lee

Don't bother looking, anybody. I looked at the photo.

Thomas B. Shelton (in the photo) looks nothing like the 3ABN Tommy Shelton that I can see. I think this thread is off on the wrong track here.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 29 2006, 06:19 PM
Post #162

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jul 29 2006, 05:34 PM) [snapback]142389[/snapback]

Don't bother looking, anybody. I looked at the photo.

Thomas B. Shelton (in the photo) looks nothing like the 3ABN Tommy Shelton that I can see. I think this thread is off on the wrong track here.

Yes, indeed. I don't know why this has continued after someone else looked at it and said this, and also after Fran gave Tommy Shelton's web page, which shows a picture of him. Here's her post with his web page url.
QUOTE(Fran @ Jul 29 2006, 02:21 PM) [snapback]142367[/snapback]

Tommy lives in KY. He has a website. http://www.tommyshelton.com/

Email: tommy@tommyshelton.com
Phone: 270-965-1698

Mailing address:
Tommy Shelton
9090 SR 91 North
Marion, KY 42064

My understanding is that he lives in KY because the agreement with the parents of more than one child was that he could never live in IL again. I am sure they were paid very well for not pressing charges.

He is not a Seventh-day Adventist.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:57 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church