Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9894&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:57:17 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Time For Action
simplysaved
post Jul 20 2006, 02:38 PM
Post #121

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 830

I don't understand what you mean here....Can you help a "sista" understand?

QUOTE(västergötland @ Jul 20 2006, 03:20 PM) [snapback]140809[/snapback]

I dont know that God has called me to minister so that beartraps children go to prison.

Its not merely an analogy, I read that this acctually happened at least once in a biography about a guy in the chinese home church movement.

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Jul 20 2006, 02:45 PM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Jul 20 2006, 02:50 PM
Post #122

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

I mean simply that it is not my neck thats in the noose. I have nothing more than my pride to loose in this while others (or so it seems from the testimony given here) have their very future between now and death/the day we see the Lord on the skies in jeopardy.

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 20 2006, 02:59 PM
Post #123

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

I apologize to Sister Sarah for lashing out. I stand by the principles, and I mean what I say, but it shouldn't be spoken in anger. bottom.gif

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jul 20 2006, 03:05 PM
Post #124

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

I don't see how anyone can think that if the church suffers from a moral decline that it doesn't directly affect them. Again I am going to post a link that I posted in another thread. Because the story it leads to shows how the powerless are victimized when folks "leave it to the Lord to take care of things" and when they assume that those in positions of authority are always to be unquestioningly trusted.

http://www.sdadefend.com/MINDEX-T/Torres.pdf

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 20 2006, 03:07 PM
Post #125

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

signthankspin.gif I understand perfectly now what you meant! cheer.gif

QUOTE(västergötland @ Jul 20 2006, 02:50 PM) [snapback]140814[/snapback]

I mean simply that it is not my neck thats in the noose. I have nothing more than my pride to loose in this while others (or so it seems from the testimony given here) have their very future between now and death/the day we see the Lord on the skies in jeopardy.

hug.gif Apology accepted...and I really do understand what you meant.... smile.gif

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 20 2006, 02:59 PM) [snapback]140817[/snapback]

I apologize to Sister Sarah for lashing out. I stand by the principles, and I mean what I say, but it shouldn't be spoken in anger. bottom.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Jul 20 2006, 03:18 PM
Post #126

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(lurker @ Jul 20 2006, 11:05 PM) [snapback]140818[/snapback]

I don't see how anyone can think that if the church suffers from a moral decline that it doesn't directly affect them.

It affects them but not nessessarily all in the same way. People close to the moral decline may find themselves in either persecution or decline themselves while people farther away may instead have to fight with the tsunami waves created by the decline and try to salvage what took much time and effort to build up but was swiftly brought down.

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 20 2006, 03:29 PM
Post #127

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(västergötland @ Jul 20 2006, 04:18 PM) [snapback]140822[/snapback]

It affects them but not nessessarily all in the same way. People close to the moral decline may find themselves in either persecution or decline themselves while people farther away may instead have to fight with the tsunami waves created by the decline and try to salvage what took much time and effort to build up but was swiftly brought down.

Our friend from Western Gotaland seems to have a rather solid grasp of some of the dynamics involved in this sort of thing. Do you happen to recall the name of the book you referenced regarding the Chinese story?

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Jul 20 2006, 03:34 PM
Post #128

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

I do, it is a great testimony to the work of God. Its name is "the heavenly man". The books name is explained a bit into it.

The book on amazon

This post has been edited by västergötland: Jul 20 2006, 03:36 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 20 2006, 03:35 PM
Post #129

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

I quote myself when I feel that my questions have not been answered.....

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 20 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]140753[/snapback]

it....is ON TOPIC!

Lemmie rephrase my question so that it is totally understood....

Directed toward Simply.....

Is what Bro J stated about "character assassination" (underlined portion above) toward others true of you? If so - then why all the problem with the questioning and concern about Danny?

If it is not true then you do actually have a point.

Remember - remotely true - you have not a leg to stand on.
Remember - not true - you have a point.

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 20 2006, 02:30 PM) [snapback]140762[/snapback]

It's not offtopic.gif because it points directly to your view of the entire Danny Shelton mess.

You can sit on a board and later censure others - yet when given the chance to "do something about" a "major player" you choose to stand by and do nothing.

I don't care if it Danny, Lenny, or Pete - if you are wrong, you are wrong. GOD want us to let him handle things and along with that he wants us to use SENSE.

I restate the question - true or not?

If true - then you have no point.
If not true - then you make sense....

...unless you are not answering because you know that we know the answer....
dunno.gif

QUOTE(västergötland @ Jul 20 2006, 03:32 PM) [snapback]140793[/snapback]

Luk 16:27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
Luk 16:28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
Luk 16:29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
Luk 16:30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
For the one who does not want to believe, nothing will be convincing enough.

/Thomas

& what's sad is that when this comes out as true...and if you had the chance to "do something" and you didn't - well .... it's like you were "supporting" him in a sense....

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 20 2006, 03:34 PM) [snapback]140794[/snapback]

Ok, fine. For your own sake, that might be the thing to do, but what about all of the other people being hurt and destroyed. That is a very selfish approach. If you know that there is an abuser in a place of power abusing people left and right, and you quietly go behind the scenes, careful not to let anyone know what this character is doing, and and confront him in his office, or speak to the church authorities (many of whom he controls) and do nothing to warn anyone, or take realistic actions to stop him, then YOU my sister are responsible for the abuse that you had the responsibility to do your best to stop. As we speak, there are people, INCLUDING MY CHILDREN, who are being hurt by this man, and I hold people like you responsible for perpetuating his abuse of them. The light that the lady sheds is darkness. Do I sound like I am taking this personal? I am! It is personal! In the process of going through this I have dealt with pastors and counselors who say the things that you say, and taken their advice... to the detriment of myself and my children. I will not make that mistake again! furious.gif

Been there.... understand loud and clear. I hear you. I HEAR YOU! yes.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 20 2006, 03:37 PM
Post #130

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

That does help even more...thanks! smile.gif

QUOTE(västergötland @ Jul 20 2006, 03:34 PM) [snapback]140825[/snapback]

I do, it is a great testimony to the work of God. Its name is "the heavenly man". The books name is explained a bit into it.

The book on amazon

--------------------

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Jul 20 2006, 03:43 PM
Post #131

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(västergötland @ Jul 20 2006, 10:34 PM) [snapback]140825[/snapback]

The book on amazon

On a secound thought, Im not 100% wether the story I used as an example is in this book or if it is in the follow up Back to Jerusalem.

Doesnt matter much though as I recomed both books, preferably read in the order they are written.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jul 20 2006, 04:11 PM
Post #132

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Beartrap posted this somewhere:

You and I both know very well the force and fury of what is headed your way. You are not standing alone. Over the past hour I have made a number of phone calls, and you have the full backing of local people here in the Frankfort area who are fully aware of Danny's indiscretions, some people who have been very high in the 3ABN circles, a psychologist who has been helping some of Danny's victims in their struggle to recover, and at least one highly placed conference official. If you get a letter from 3ABN threatening to sue you, and if they say that even if you win the case you still lose because they will keep you tied up in court for years running your finances dry in legal fees, don't worry. A number of us have recieved those letters. I threatened to send mine out to the media, or post it on the internet. They know that there is a media organization with an investigative reporter who is dying to get this info.

Why not let this investigative reporter to all the investigating?

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
alramwill
post Jul 20 2006, 04:25 PM
Post #133

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 357

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 20 2006, 03:35 PM) [snapback]140827[/snapback]

I quote myself when I feel that my questions have not been answered.....
...unless you are not answering because you know that we know the answer....
dunno.gif

I await Sarah's reply as well...

--------------------
Very Sir Lord Al the Schweppervescent of Waterless St Mildred, CompTIA A+ Certified Technician & BlackSDA Moderator (Technology Discussion)

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Today, you always know whether you are on the Internet or on your PC's hard drive. Tomorrow, you will not care and may not even know." - Bill Gates
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
"There is hope for the future because God has a sense of humor and we are funny to God." - Bill Cosby
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

Problems or issues? Dial 1-877-SNIFFLE
Want to know what I really think? Dial 1-888-CFI-CARE

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Jul 20 2006, 07:00 PM
Post #134

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(alramwill @ Jul 20 2006, 06:25 PM) [snapback]140848[/snapback]

I await Sarah's reply as well...

I might be wrong, but I get the feeling ya'll might be waiting for a while.....

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
Freedom
post Jul 20 2006, 07:28 PM
Post #135

Member No.: 1,913

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 20 2006, 10:47 AM)

You cannot RIGHTFULLY sit on ANY board and censure ANYONE if you fail to take action against this man.

In response to the board members of 3ABN.
They "do not micromange Danny or the running of 3ABN". "They do not tell Danny what to do."

Words spoken to me by Dr. Thomsen.

So in other words Danny boy can do what ever he wants and the board won't stop him.
I feel for Linda and any others of us that have dealt with Danny and the board of 3ABN.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:57 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church