Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10145&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:23:23 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

38 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Did Linda Buy The Pregnancy Test Kit?, Spin off from the “Thompson Respond to Abrahamsen” thread.
Why did Linda Buy the Pregnancy Test Kit?
Let’s document all the theories we have read here and take a vote.
It was an innocent practical joke on Danny. Come on Danny get with it, lighten up, have a little fun. Theorist, Johann and Watchbird [ 17 ] ** [34.00%]
Linda really thought she could have been pregnant. Hey, after all that sterilization stuff does not always work. Theorist, Summertime. [ 1 ] ** [2.00%]
Linda did it to spite Danny. Man got no business going through my stuff. Theorist, Panama Pete [ 8 ] ** [16.00%]
Hey, Danny planted it. I know Danny, this sounds like him. He is such an evil, wicked man. Theorist, I don’t remember and too lazy to go back through the post and look it up. [ 10 ] ** [20.00%]
I really don't care [ 14 ] ** [28.00%]
Total Votes: 50
Guests cannot vote 
calvin
post Jul 28 2006, 11:58 AM
Post #1

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Hey, it’s a slow day at work on a Friday afternoon. dunno.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 28 2006, 12:05 PM
Post #2

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 28 2006, 12:58 PM) [snapback]142207[/snapback]

we can tell..... roflmao.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jul 28 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #3

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

ya' think?!!! rofl1.gif
QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 28 2006, 10:58 AM) [snapback]142207[/snapback]

This post has been edited by princessdi: Jul 28 2006, 12:14 PM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 28 2006, 12:11 PM
Post #4

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 28 2006, 11:58 AM) [snapback]142207[/snapback]

Sorry. Slow or fast day, I'm not playing this kind of game. I am not "spinning theories", I am reporting as accurately as my memory allows what was told to me by the primary participant in this scene, Linda herself.

The rest of you can spin theories all you want. I'm reporting. You can say that Linda lied. You can say she was self deceived. You can examine motives all you want. But I do not think that something that has been made this serious of an accusation should be made into a voting game on whose got the best "theory".

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Jul 28 2006, 12:15 PM
Post #5

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

Me thinks he has way too much time on his hands today!! roflmao.gif It will only let me pick one answer though & there are 2 that I want to choose. giggle.gif

Watchbird no one is saying anyone is not telling the truth. Sometimes it does a person good to lighten up no matter what the topic is it releases a lot of stress & EVERY situation needs something to make you chuckle over to lighten things up.

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jul 28 2006, 12:20 PM
Post #6

site admin
Group Icon

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 28 2006, 12:11 PM) [snapback]142210[/snapback]

Sorry. Slow or fast day, I'm not playing this kind of game. I am not "spinning theories", I am reporting as accurately as my memory allows what was told to me by the primary participant in this scene, Linda herself.

The rest of you can spin theories all you want. I'm reporting. You can say that Linda lied. You can say she was self deceived. You can examine motives all you want. But I do not think that something that has been made this serious of an accusation should be made into a voting game on whose got the best "theory".

Hmmm, guess I must have struck a nerve. Watchbird, most believe you, you’re ahead in the count.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jul 28 2006, 12:26 PM
Post #7

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 28 2006, 02:20 PM) [snapback]142213[/snapback]

Hmmm, guess I must have struck a nerve. Watchbird, most believe you, you’re ahead in the count.

My impression of the poll is that it was to lighten up the whole mood of the 3ABN stuff. dunno.gif BTJM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 28 2006, 12:30 PM
Post #8

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Hersheys99 @ Jul 28 2006, 12:15 PM) [snapback]142211[/snapback]

Me thinks he has way too much time on his hands today!! roflmao.gif It will only let me pick one answer though & there are 2 that I want to choose. giggle.gif

Watchbird no one is saying anyone is not telling the truth. Sometimes it does a person good to lighten up no matter what the topic is it releases a lot of stress & EVERY situation needs something to make you chuckle over to lighten things up.

Call me a dullhead if you wish. But I have never, even as a small child, seen any humor in anything that harms another human being. And there is a great deal of difference between a reporter--even an analyses the news--and one who spins theories out of circumstantial evidence and the imaginings of their own mind.

What we are dealing with here is an event, which according to the person who did it, and according to her "accomplice", her grown daughter, was for the purpose of "giving Danny something to find". That has been used by her enemies to harrass her and make her life miserable for over two years now. I can see her point of view, and I can laugh with her--at the same time I am crying inside for her because of the way her prank "backfired" on her. But don't expect me to play silly little games nor sit still while being called a "theorist" over something that has been used with as deadly an intent as this has been.

I've laughed along with the rest of your over other truly humorous things--and I appreciate the role of humor in lightening the serious load. But sorry. I still can't play this kind of "voting games" with this topic.

Those of you who can ... go ahead and have your fun. But before you have too much of it, think how it will affect those who come here and read for information and find this lack of distinction between reporters and theorists, and think how it will feel to the primary actress in this little drama.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jul 28 2006, 12:31 PM
Post #9

site admin
Group Icon

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Jul 28 2006, 12:26 PM) [snapback]142218[/snapback]

My impression of the poll is that it was to lighten up the whole mood of the 3ABN stuff. dunno.gif BTJM

You are correct Sera. With such time on my hands, I think I can hear the golf course calling my name. Talk later.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 28 2006, 12:40 PM
Post #10

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 28 2006, 12:20 PM) [snapback]142213[/snapback]

Yes, you've "struck a nerve". I've been down. I've been in the dust and know what it is to have the passersby kick dust on me rather than to have bound up my wounds. And there are some things in life that I will never ever ever make games about nor laugh about.

And frankly, I don't care about the "count". I'm not here to play games. I'm not here to "make points". I'm here because of a driving burning in my bones that says great injustices are being done in the name of my church and of my God. And everything else has been laid aside to do whatever I can to forward the cause of right and justice.

It's a slow day? Then why not write a few emails that will spread the word a little further?

Let's hasten the day when Linda and Bear and Sister and untold others can all sit down together and laugh together in peace and freedom.

Too heavy?

Heavier than Linda's burden?

Heavier than others who don't even dare speak out about their heavy burden?

Sorry about that.

Back to your regular programing as the saying goes ... TVsnack.gif

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 28 2006, 12:47 PM
Post #11

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Whoo-hoo!!!! rofl1.gif rofl1.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif (almost in tears)....but it is the million dollar question.... rofl1.gif roflmao.gif lol.gif Okay, "I'm Done"!!

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 28 2006, 12:05 PM) [snapback]142208[/snapback]

we can tell..... roflmao.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Jul 28 2006, 01:21 PM
Post #12

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

This is my favorite 3ABN thread... rofl1.gif rofl1.gif

Glad I'm not the only one that's feeling slow today... giggle.gif ...and this rain isn't helping me feel perky at all...

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
inga
post Jul 28 2006, 02:05 PM
Post #13

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

When I saw this "poll" among the subject lines -- before I read what 'watchbird' had to say, I was quite startled. I consider this in extremely poor taste at best. And, no matter how we view the poll, it serves to trivialize a serious and tragic situation.

IMO, it was an error in judgment to put up this poll -- the kind of thing that can happen on a slow Friday afternoon. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Jul 28 2006, 02:51 PM
Post #14

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

I've kept up with most of the 3ABN threads and there's been a whole lot of jokes and sarcastic comments made about most of the characters in this saga...I'm just wondering why this particular thread (which is obviously lighthearted) is so much worse than all the other humor that's all throughout the other threads... dunno.gif Sometimes laughter helps cut the tension, no? uhm.gif

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 28 2006, 03:41 PM
Post #15

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Jul 28 2006, 02:51 PM) [snapback]142246[/snapback]

I've kept up with most of the 3ABN threads and there's been a whole lot of jokes and sarcastic comments made about most of the characters in this saga...I'm just wondering why this particular thread (which is obviously lighthearted) is so much worse than all the other humor that's all throughout the other threads... dunno.gif Sometimes laughter helps cut the tension, no? uhm.gif

You are correct, and I too have appreciated the "humor breaks" that came now and then. What set me off on this particular thing was not the humor--we had had that in what we had already been discussing--but the idea of a "poll", with it's implications (though I'm sure that wasn't really what Calvin intended), that things of right and wrong could be decided by "vote".

And while I'm in "true confession mode" I might as well go on to confess I was pretty teed off (especially in view of the fact that speculation had been set "out of bounds" for posting) to see that in this "poll" the "speculation" that was errant, and was admitted to be so by the original poster, was treated on the same level as the reporting and analysing that others were doing.

And then there was the basic facts of how this act had been twisted into an assasination weapon and used repeatedly on Linda by one entity or another for the last two years. That's a heck of a lot of punishment for an unwise choice of "practical joke" playing. It just suddenly all got to me--that's all. It has been anything but a "slow day" here.

But it's OK. I've had my little blowup. blowup.gif sorry.gif

I'm all back together now. angel.gif

Carry on. wave.gif

+Quote Post

38 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:23 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church