Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10145&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:52:03 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

38 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Did Linda Buy The Pregnancy Test Kit?, Spin off from the “Thompson Respond to Abrahamsen” thread.
Why did Linda Buy the Pregnancy Test Kit?
Let’s document all the theories we have read here and take a vote.
It was an innocent practical joke on Danny. Come on Danny get with it, lighten up, have a little fun. Theorist, Johann and Watchbird [ 17 ] ** [34.00%]
Linda really thought she could have been pregnant. Hey, after all that sterilization stuff does not always work. Theorist, Summertime. [ 1 ] ** [2.00%]
Linda did it to spite Danny. Man got no business going through my stuff. Theorist, Panama Pete [ 8 ] ** [16.00%]
Hey, Danny planted it. I know Danny, this sounds like him. He is such an evil, wicked man. Theorist, I don’t remember and too lazy to go back through the post and look it up. [ 10 ] ** [20.00%]
I really don't care [ 14 ] ** [28.00%]
Total Votes: 50
Guests cannot vote 
watchbird
post Jul 29 2006, 04:51 AM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 28 2006, 10:49 PM) [snapback]142313[/snapback]

Now how did we get from pregnancy test to enemas? rofl1.gif

doh.gif Wasn't it inevitable? ohmy.gif Gotta clean out this mess somehow! rolleyes.gif

rofl1.gif lol.gif

happysabbath.gif Worship leaders take your places.... band.gif clap.gif clapping.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
summertime
post Jul 29 2006, 11:38 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 28 2006, 04:41 PM) [snapback]142248[/snapback]

You are correct, and I too have appreciated the "humor breaks" that came now and then. What set me off on this particular thing was not the humor--we had had that in what we had already been discussing--but the idea of a "poll", with it's implications (though I'm sure that wasn't really what Calvin intended), that things of right and wrong could be decided by "vote".

And while I'm in "true confession mode" I might as well go on to confess I was pretty teed off (especially in view of the fact that speculation had been set "out of bounds" for posting) to see that in this "poll" the "speculation" that was errant, and was admitted to be so by the original poster, was treated on the same level as the reporting and analysing that others were doing.

And then there was the basic facts of how this act had been twisted into an assasination weapon and used repeatedly on Linda by one entity or another for the last two years. That's a heck of a lot of punishment for an unwise choice of "practical joke" playing. It just suddenly all got to me--that's all. It has been anything but a "slow day" here.

But it's OK. I've had my little blowup. blowup.gif sorry.gif

I'm all back together now. angel.gif

Carry on. wave.gif

Even though I have written my opinion of this subject and was wrong, I do think that Walt Thompson has scrapped the bottom of the barrel of decency when he spread this story at all. To do this just to make a point was a disgrace to the Medical profession as a whole. This whole story now should be thrown into the 'personal' file and we should find something to talk about that would be of more benefit to any stranger who might come to this website looking for the truth.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 29 2006, 12:43 PM
Post #33

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(September @ Jul 28 2006, 10:38 PM) [snapback]142292[/snapback]

I can honestly say from my heart of hearts that I have never joked about this whole 3ABN, Danny/Linda saga. Nothing about it is funny. If I want to lighten the mood I find something else to laugh about.

I have been the victim of spiritual abuse--over and over again and if anyone was making jokes or making light of my circumstances that would hurt me deeply. Knowing that, I treat others how I would want to be treated. If I were Linda and I came here and read that poll--as well as some of the other 'jokes' interspersed throughout these threads, I would be hurt. You can call me too sensitive or whatever, but that's how I feel in my heart of hearts.

Okay...then September - I'm gonna be blunt.

You are not human. Everyone in the world has laughed at something inappropriate - then maybe later looked back and been like...."OOOoooo"

You haven't heard something during this 3ABN thing and even gave a little giggle?

Like the fact that Danny was using the 3ABN apartment/sleeping quarters like a "HO-tel"?

dunno.gif

Wow.....

Since this board should remain so "serious" about even 3ABN - then I say from now on there should be no "tongue in cheek" no "innuendos" no "puns" no "double talk" no "left off ideas...." nothing but strict factual information from here to eternity. Also - since you can say in your heart of hearts that you never have joked at all about this 3 ABN saga - that although it is "not funny" it is hilarious in a way then maybe this board is not for you.

Humans laugh when things are tense to relax.
Humans laugh when things are deep to calm down.
Humans have jokes at funerals (the epitome of sadness) to lighten the mood.

....but we are to act different here.

I learn something new everyday. dry.gif
BTW: you are speaking to a victim of sexual assault who can even find something funny in the whole mess of my mess....

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 28 2006, 11:24 PM) [snapback]142309[/snapback]

BSDA is first and foremost a discussion board. We are not here to present the truth or a one sided anything. BSDA is not the Linda Shelton love center. Everyone must read for themselves and determine what truth is. All viewpoints are welcome.

I am not the least bit concerned about my/BSDA creditability. Our creditability lies in the fact that we offer frank open discussion for all to view on any issue surrounding the Adventist church.

Yall put this stupid thing Linda did out here. Now we suppose to walk on egg shells… and the explanations I am reading for the pregnancy test kit are ridiculous. But hey, that is just my opinion. This poll points out some of the contradictory viewpoints and the craziness of the whole 3ABN saga.

Oh yeah, we have plenty of fun here. I make no apologies.

....and if anyone doesn't see that the entire 3ABN Saga is not only sad, but ridiculous, and slightly twisted - then you are only looking for what you want to see. Some of the stuff that has been put out there would be "laughed at and funny" if it was in a movie - what makes it not "laughable" here....

Oh yeah....it's "close to home"..... the "acts" themselves may not be funny...but the explanations that are being given are hilarious and quite certifiable IMPO - (in my "professional opinion").

QUOTE(summertime @ Jul 29 2006, 12:38 PM) [snapback]142344[/snapback]

Even though I have written my opinion of this subject and was wrong, I do think that Walt Thompson has scrapped the bottom of the barrel of decency when he spread this story at all. To do this just to make a point was a disgrace to the Medical profession as a whole. This whole story now should be thrown into the 'personal' file and we should find something to talk about that would be of more benefit to any stranger who might come to this website looking for the truth.

He put it out there..... so sadly it will be used.

Now.

What makes this poll so bad...because it's crass...because it is not "humorous"....

How about it's bad because it's actual reasons that folks have said?
dunno.gif
How about it's more truth than some folks want to see within the entire "Days of 3ABN" Saga?

Oh...that's right...I keep forgetting......
The "truth", no jokes, no light-heartedness, no smiles, stay stiff, never laugh, die.

Sorry.

dry.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 29 2006, 12:54 PM
Post #34

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(summertime @ Jul 29 2006, 11:38 AM) [snapback]142344[/snapback]

Well....... what else could Walt do? uhm.gif When the "spiritual adultery" charge was shown to be a mess of hokum so he had to drop that, and all he had to cling to was Danny's affirmation that he had "proof", and that "proof" turned out to be a receipt for an unused pg test......what else could he do but to pass along the "Word of of the Lord as spoken through the mouth of Dan" (See Genesis 49:17) to the inquirers who came looking for information? secret.gif

The problem with throwing the whole story into the "personal" file is that since this is "Exhibit A" as presented by the "prosecution", it must, therefore, be kept on display by the "defense"........ (along with the records of its cross examinations, psychological analyses by teams of "expert witnesses", "popular opinion" polls, and audience reactions).

But as far as this being the "bottom of the barrel of decency".....don't get your hopes up that high. Remember that iceberg that Sister told us about? Not enough of the "tip of the iceberg" has been chipped away yet for us to be able to see the part still hidden below the surface. Or to put it back into the "metaphor of the day"........the "bottom of the barrel" has not yet been reached.

Stay tuned ...

pepsi.gif TVsnack.gif

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 29 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 29 2006, 12:43 PM) [snapback]142351[/snapback]

. . . . Wow.....

Since this board should remain so "serious" about even 3ABN - then I say from now on there should be no "tongue in cheek" no "innuendos" no "puns" no "double talk" no "left off ideas...." nothing but strict factual information from here to eternity.

no.gif no.gif I can see plainly you have picked up someone else's script! This ain't you .... c'mon on now. Get back in character .... however will us old fuddie-duddies pick up our "laugh now" clues if you aren't giving us our cues? 2guns.gif bangin.gif clap.gif

....and if anyone doesn't see that the entire 3ABN Saga is not only sad, but ridiculous, and slightly twisted - then you are only looking for what you want to see. Some of the stuff that has been put out there would be "laughed at and funny" if it was in a movie - what makes it not "laughable" here....

You got it right there. Made into a movie or TV serial it could make someone millions. But admit it, it's easier to laugh in a movie cause you know it's only pretend, and you know the actors will get up and go home to their respective domiciles at the end of the day.... even if lying in their coffins on the set. It's this living in "the middle of the book" where "the truth is stranger than fiction" that wears us down after a while. dunno.gif

Oh yeah....it's "close to home"..... the "acts" themselves may not be funny...but the explanations that are being given are hilarious and quite certifiable IMPO - (in my "professional opinion").
He put it out there..... so sadly it will be used.

Now.

What makes this poll so bad...because it's crass...because it is not "humorous"....

How about it's bad because it's actual reasons that folks have said?
dunno.gif
How about it's more truth than some folks want to see within the entire "Days of 3ABN" Saga?

Oh...that's right...I keep forgetting......
The "truth", no jokes, no light-heartedness, no smiles, stay stiff, never laugh, die.

Sorry.

dry.gif

Good points, but frankly, you are much more believable in your "clown" role..... but .... gotta admit ... you put on a pretty good act here too. Take a bow or two. thankyou.gif
rofl1.gif

This post has been edited by watchbird: Jul 29 2006, 01:18 PM

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jul 29 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #36

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 529

Well, what about the Sheltie. Neighbor dogs are such scoundrals, for sure! roflmao.gif It could have been for the dog!

We all know how they eat the homework! Sounds logical to me. happybday.gif

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jul 29 2006, 09:11 PM
Post #37

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Now, no one has mentioned this, but with the Shelton’s having a jet plane and stable of horses, I am sure they had a butler. Everyone knows the butler did it.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 29 2006, 10:35 PM
Post #38

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 29 2006, 02:17 PM) [snapback]142359[/snapback]

.....Good points, but frankly, you are much more believable in your "clown" role..... but .... gotta admit ... you put on a pretty good act here too. Take a bow or two. thankyou.gif
rofl1.gif

Even the clown is "serious" when the makeup is removed....

Everyone - back to your serious side. After all - this 3ABN stuff is serious. There is nothing laughable about it at all....

Where I'm sure that Linda has cried - I bet she has laughed at some of this stuff because it is so stupid.... - but of course....

The WERLD SHOULD BE STRAIGHTFACED!

IPB Image

Is this better?

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
summertime
post Jul 29 2006, 10:56 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

, maybe I am wrong--where is my sense of humor? I guess that I just don't want anymore innocent people hurt--And those long hosed enemas did hurt---In my early days if you got a cold, you got an enema. "ALways start from the bottom up," was the creed of the day. Today they have a fancy name--colon cleansing, and probably that is good. Maybe Danny could try it for perfecting the ridiculous. (I think that I had better go to bed)---or maybe the butler did do it. I am waiting to see more of the tip of the iceberg.---Might not be so funny.

This post has been edited by summertime: Jul 29 2006, 11:00 PM

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 29 2006, 11:38 PM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 29 2006, 09:11 PM) [snapback]142400[/snapback]

Now, no one has mentioned this, but with the Shelton’s having a jet plane and stable of horses, I am sure they had a butler. Everyone knows the butler did it.

No butlers in "self-sacrificing" self-supporting "ministries". It's the lower eschelons of "worker bees" that do the work for the "top layers" ... even stuff like building a barn for the owner's horses, for example. Don't know about grooming them and cleaning out the stables. Maybe someone who actually worked there can fill us in on these details. Also don't know what other "personal services" those "workers" were called upon to fill....those details are buried down in the "iceberg" somewhere..... scratchchin.gif

+Quote Post
alramwill
post Jul 29 2006, 11:42 PM
Post #41

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 357

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 29 2006, 10:11 PM) [snapback]142400[/snapback]

If the butler was black, the blame's definitely getting put in their lap.

--------------------
Very Sir Lord Al the Schweppervescent of Waterless St Mildred, CompTIA A+ Certified Technician & BlackSDA Moderator (Technology Discussion)

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Today, you always know whether you are on the Internet or on your PC's hard drive. Tomorrow, you will not care and may not even know." - Bill Gates
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
"There is hope for the future because God has a sense of humor and we are funny to God." - Bill Cosby
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

Problems or issues? Dial 1-877-SNIFFLE
Want to know what I really think? Dial 1-888-CFI-CARE

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 29 2006, 11:49 PM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 29 2006, 10:35 PM) [snapback]142412[/snapback]

Even the clown is "serious" when the makeup is removed....

And even while still wearing it. I still recall my Daddy quoting poetry to me when I was but a child. One of his favorites began ...

"The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.....

Everyone - back to your serious side. After all - this 3ABN stuff is serious. There is nothing laughable about it at all....

Where I'm sure that Linda has cried - I bet she has laughed at some of this stuff because it is so stupid.... - but of course....

The WERLD SHOULD BE STRAIGHTFACED!

IPB Image

Is this better?

Oh hey, you're good in any role. but you are still better when you are showing the seriousness of it all through your "jester" makeup. (That dialogue in another thread was absolutely priceless. Actually, it was good enough to set a price on it.... if you could just find a buyer..... yes.gif

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Jul 30 2006, 12:13 AM
Post #43

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,672

Oh hey, you're good in any role. but you are still better when you are showing the seriousness of it all through your "jester" makeup. (That dialogue in another thread was absolutely priceless. Actually, it was good enough to set a price on it.... if you could just find a buyer.

I have 25 do I hear 30? 30 anyone ?? rofl1.gif

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
nick
post Jul 30 2006, 02:12 AM
Post #44

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 820

QUOTE(Hersheys99 @ Jul 30 2006, 07:13 AM) [snapback]142428[/snapback]

I have 25 do I hear 30? 30 anyone ?? rofl1.gif

I have 31.50.... please no more bidding i really want it and kinda low on cash afro.gif

--------------------
"If we know Christ, we cannot be proud; if we know ourselves, we must be humble" Author Unknown

SOMETIMES YOU MUST LOSE TO WIN....CHRIST LOST OMNIPRESENCE TO WIN HUMANITY

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Jul 30 2006, 06:11 AM
Post #45

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 29 2006, 09:11 PM) [snapback]142400[/snapback]

QUOTE(alramwill @ Jul 29 2006, 11:42 PM) [snapback]142426[/snapback]

If the butler was black, the blame's definitely getting put in their lap.

rofl1.gif rofl1.gif

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:52 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church