Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10145&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:52:01 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

38 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Did Linda Buy The Pregnancy Test Kit?, Spin off from the “Thompson Respond to Abrahamsen” thread.
Why did Linda Buy the Pregnancy Test Kit?
Let’s document all the theories we have read here and take a vote.
It was an innocent practical joke on Danny. Come on Danny get with it, lighten up, have a little fun. Theorist, Johann and Watchbird [ 17 ] ** [34.00%]
Linda really thought she could have been pregnant. Hey, after all that sterilization stuff does not always work. Theorist, Summertime. [ 1 ] ** [2.00%]
Linda did it to spite Danny. Man got no business going through my stuff. Theorist, Panama Pete [ 8 ] ** [16.00%]
Hey, Danny planted it. I know Danny, this sounds like him. He is such an evil, wicked man. Theorist, I don’t remember and too lazy to go back through the post and look it up. [ 10 ] ** [20.00%]
I really don't care [ 14 ] ** [28.00%]
Total Votes: 50
Guests cannot vote 
missthg
post Jul 28 2006, 04:56 PM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 9

ya need to just have a good laugh...it won't killl ya

[

quote name='watchbird' date='Jul 28 2006, 02:41 PM' post='142248']
You are correct, and I too have appreciated the "humor breaks" that came now and then. What set me off on this particular thing was not the humor--we had had that in what we had already been discussing--but the idea of a "poll", with it's implications (though I'm sure that wasn't really what Calvin intended), that things of right and wrong could be decided by "vote".

And while I'm in "true confession mode" I might as well go on to confess I was pretty teed off (especially in view of the fact that speculation had been set "out of bounds" for posting) to see that in this "poll" the "speculation" that was errant, and was admitted to be so by the original poster, was treated on the same level as the reporting and analysing that others were doing.

And then there was the basic facts of how this act had been twisted into an assasination weapon and used repeatedly on Linda by one entity or another for the last two years. That's a heck of a lot of punishment for an unwise choice of "practical joke" playing. It just suddenly all got to me--that's all. It has been anything but a "slow day" here.

But it's OK. I've had my little blowup. blowup.gif sorry.gif

I'm all back together now. angel.gif

Carry on. wave.gif
[/quote]

--------------------
life is too short to knit with ugly yarn....
www.knitfloozy.blogspot.com

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 28 2006, 05:39 PM
Post #17

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

innocent poll nothing malicious..... Linda with her sense of humor bought something to yank Danny's chain.... it didn't quite work... that's life.... not every prank goes as planned....

as for this thread, yeah some are reading wayyyyy too much into it.... if you don't agree with the premise, maybe this is a thread that's not for you....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 28 2006, 05:56 PM
Post #18

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Jul 28 2006, 03:51 PM) [snapback]142246[/snapback]

I've kept up with most of the 3ABN threads and there's been a whole lot of jokes and sarcastic comments made about most of the characters in this saga...I'm just wondering why this particular thread (which is obviously lighthearted) is so much worse than all the other humor that's all throughout the other threads... dunno.gif Sometimes laughter helps cut the tension, no? uhm.gif

I joke. I also can be serious.

Even when it is at my expense..... ("I'm pretty much in hell fryin' as I type for eating meat per particular folks on the berd....")

Now....what makes the jokes in the threads different from a topic on one?

dunno.gif

NO difference..... What's sad - is that if Linda came here she most likely would actually laugh - knowing and understanding ain't no body really talking about her........

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 28 2006, 06:05 PM
Post #19

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

I forgot to add one thing.... here at bsda we question and/or dissect everything.... if you notice there are NO sacred cows.... none... not even the 3abn saga.... we have been empathetic.... we have discussed it when no other board would openly touch it.... and we understand that injustice was done... however, that does not and will not keep us from looking at it from a humorous viewpoint....that's the way we roll......yes.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 28 2006, 06:18 PM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 28 2006, 06:05 PM) [snapback]142270[/snapback]

I forgot to add one thing.... here at bsda we question and/or dissect everything.... if you notice there are NO sacred cows.... none... not even the 3abn saga.... we have been empathetic.... we have discussed it when no other board would openly touch it.... and we understand that injustice was done... however, that does not and will not keep us from looking at it from a humorous viewpoint....that's the way we roll......yes.gif

Y'all done goooood! Love ya ever one. As I said--I'm OK now. Still a little frazzled. It's been a lonnnnng week. And by Friday I'm runnin' on a pretty short chain. Gimme a day and I'll be back with laughin' gang. yes.gif

Thank God for Sabbath! clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif

+Quote Post
September
post Jul 28 2006, 09:15 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,857

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 28 2006, 12:58 PM) [snapback]142207[/snapback]

Hey, it’s a slow day at work on a Friday afternoon. dunno.gif

I'm sorry but that poll is in very bad taste and not funny at all. How can people who claim to be Christians and who expect behavior that is honest and forthright from Danny, stoop this low? This is nothing more than tabeloid gossip and it is wrong.

You are asking churches and pastors to come to this website to find the truth about 3ABN and then you post this poll--how is that going to aid credibility? It won't. I'll tell you, it looks more like folks having a heyday with nothing but gossip instead of honest Christians rallying around those that Danny has hurt and seriously calling for truth and restoration.

I have come to BSDA to aid in my search for the truth and for vindication for Linda. I have done my part to spread the letters of Dr. A to prominant people--this is a serious matter and one that should not be taken lightly.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 28 2006, 09:25 PM
Post #22

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(September @ Jul 28 2006, 11:15 PM) [snapback]142286[/snapback]

I'm sorry but that poll is in very bad taste and not funny at all. How can people who claim to be Christians and who expect behavior that is honest and forthright from Danny, stoop this low? This is nothing more than tabeloid gossip and it is wrong.

You are asking churches and pastors to come to this website to find the truth about 3ABN and then you post this poll--how is that going to aid credibility? It won't. I'll tell you, it looks more like folks having a heyday with nothing but gossip instead of honest Christians rallying around those that Danny has hurt and seriously calling for truth and restoration.

I have come to BSDA to aid in my search for the truth and for vindication for Linda. I have done my part to spread the letters of Dr. A to prominant people--this is a serious matter and one that should not be taken lightly.

...and you can honestly say in your heart of hearts that you have never made a joke to lighten a mood?

If you have not - then you are not human.

Yes I said it.

Whut?

Serious.

Go read all of the threads....there are "jokes" peppered throughout..... no different. And if you didn't go through each of those threads...and "rant" on each of those jokes then just let it go....

It ain't that deep.

Ain't no body said no body was "going to hell"....
Ain't no body said that Danny was "selling children on the black market"....
Ain't no body calling Linda the new "madam" of 3ABN....

I repeat....it ain't that deep. Then again - maybe I understand that sometimes jokes are made to make an uncomfortable subject more comfortable by the tone of "lightening the mood"....

Sorry...

Maybe I'm the only one that understands this concept.......

dunno.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
September
post Jul 28 2006, 09:38 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,857

...and you can honestly say in your heart of hearts that you have never made a joke to lighten a mood?

I can honestly say from my heart of hearts that I have never joked about this whole 3ABN, Danny/Linda saga. Nothing about it is funny. If I want to lighten the mood I find something else to laugh about.

I have been the victim of spiritual abuse--over and over again and if anyone was making jokes or making light of my circumstances that would hurt me deeply. Knowing that, I treat others how I would want to be treated. If I were Linda and I came here and read that poll--as well as some of the other 'jokes' interspersed throughout these threads, I would be hurt. You can call me too sensitive or whatever, but that's how I feel in my heart of hearts.

+Quote Post
missthg
post Jul 28 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 9

it aint just you girl....folks is just a little to tense...

sounds like this town needs an enema!

--------------------
life is too short to knit with ugly yarn....
www.knitfloozy.blogspot.com

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jul 28 2006, 09:50 PM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 28 2006, 08:25 PM) [snapback]142289[/snapback]

If you have not - then you are not human.

Yes I said it.

Whut?

Serious.

Go read all of the threads....there are "jokes" peppered throughout..... no different. And if you didn't go through each of those threads...and "rant" on each of those jokes then just let it go....

It ain't that deep.

Ain't no body said no body was "going to hell"....
Ain't no body said that Danny was "selling children on the black market"....
Ain't no body calling Linda the new "madam" of 3ABN....

I repeat....it ain't that deep. Then again - maybe I understand that sometimes jokes are made to make an uncomfortable subject more comfortable by the tone of "lightening the mood"....

Sorry...

Maybe I'm the only one that understands this concept.......

dunno.gif

QUOTE(September @ Jul 28 2006, 11:15 PM)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Yes, no sacred cows, this is true, and good. I don't think it has to do with being deep or not deep either.

I have felt like saying something, but not sure how to do it without sounding like I can't take a joke. I can take a joke, I appreciate jokes...and yes, they are peppered all through varios threads...I think it's because this thread was started and based on possible theories of why a PT was in the house and that bothers me...not about turtlenecks or hair seeds or toilet brushes! This was something that someone used to make a case on that ruined someones life and ministry. This was a NOTHING thing used to make SOMETHING worth lieing about. And the lies and spin have only snow-balled ever since. What a shame.

Maybe I should sit on it a few more days and then wait to post (too late!), but often my first instinct is the best, so I'm going to post anyway.

Maybe it's because I am too close to the situation to see it as a "joke" in it's truest sense?? In any case, it is OMO, but, I think this was in poor taste. I don't see any humor in it. I don't see it as "joke-worthy". There is only one reason why Linda did what she did. It's not something to really be made fun of. She probably shouldn't have done it because she had no idea of the fire she was playing with. Has no one provoked a spouse at any time? Where things ever so bad in your marriage that you have fleeting seconds of "who cares, it's over"? I wouldn't have wanted to be in her shoes then or now - dealing with the entire world sorting through your own personal stuff, trying to tell who made mistakes, tells lies, who is trustworthy and who is right and wrong in hind-sight. When you get the raw and shocking hard treatment of a spouse and so called trusted christian co-workers, because of your husbands lies & greed (& ego), you have to find ways to cope with it on a daily basis as she is now. There are parts of this that people still don't know - that are also part of this senerio, but it's easy to overlook that and make light of a serious part of this. If it was all told, peoples eyes would bug out of their heads. Ok, that was my unasked for 2 cents.

and as my daughter would say to me at this point "HAPPY SABBATH MOM!". In other words, moving right along to what really matters!

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
alramwill
post Jul 28 2006, 09:57 PM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 357

QUOTE(missthg @ Jul 28 2006, 10:39 PM) [snapback]142293[/snapback]

lol.gif And that would relieve the tenseness....how? Just asking... lol_2.gif

--------------------
Very Sir Lord Al the Schweppervescent of Waterless St Mildred, CompTIA A+ Certified Technician & BlackSDA Moderator (Technology Discussion)

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Today, you always know whether you are on the Internet or on your PC's hard drive. Tomorrow, you will not care and may not even know." - Bill Gates
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
"There is hope for the future because God has a sense of humor and we are funny to God." - Bill Cosby
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

Problems or issues? Dial 1-877-SNIFFLE
Want to know what I really think? Dial 1-888-CFI-CARE

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jul 28 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #27

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(September @ Jul 28 2006, 10:15 PM) [snapback]142286[/snapback]

BSDA is first and foremost a discussion board. We are not here to present the truth or a one sided anything. BSDA is not the Linda Shelton love center. Everyone must read for themselves and determine what truth is. All viewpoints are welcome.

I am not the least bit concerned about my/BSDA creditability. Our creditability lies in the fact that we offer frank open discussion for all to view on any issue surrounding the Adventist church.

Yall put this stupid thing Linda did out here. Now we suppose to walk on egg shells…and the explanations I am reading for the pregnancy test kit are ridiculous. But hey, that is just my opinion. This poll points out some of the contradictory viewpoints and the craziness of the whole 3ABN saga.

Oh yeah, we have plenty of fun here. I make no apologies.

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Jul 28 2006, 10:29 PM
Post #28

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(missthg @ Jul 28 2006, 10:39 PM) [snapback]142293[/snapback]

Ooohh girl...just had a flashback to those rubber tube pink thingies with the long rubber hose that my Grandma used to use back in the olden days (like back in the sixties rofl1.gif )...

This post has been edited by Nuggie: Jul 28 2006, 10:32 PM

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
alramwill
post Jul 28 2006, 10:40 PM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 357

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Jul 28 2006, 11:29 PM) [snapback]142310[/snapback]

Ooohh girl...just had a flashback to those rubber tube pink thingies with the long rubber hose that my Grandma used to use back in the olden days (like back in the sixties rofl1.gif )...

TMI!

--------------------
Very Sir Lord Al the Schweppervescent of Waterless St Mildred, CompTIA A+ Certified Technician & BlackSDA Moderator (Technology Discussion)

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Today, you always know whether you are on the Internet or on your PC's hard drive. Tomorrow, you will not care and may not even know." - Bill Gates
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
"There is hope for the future because God has a sense of humor and we are funny to God." - Bill Cosby
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

Problems or issues? Dial 1-877-SNIFFLE
Want to know what I really think? Dial 1-888-CFI-CARE

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jul 28 2006, 10:49 PM
Post #30

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Now how did we get from pregnancy test to enemas? rofl1.gif

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:52 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church