Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10359&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:56:40 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Trust Services Group
Johann
post Aug 10 2006, 05:22 AM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(västergötland @ Aug 10 2006, 12:16 AM) [snapback]144054[/snapback]

Both the strength and the weakness of the church is its members. Its kind of sad that the reputation of the SDA would be linked in this way with the reputation of a subgroup within it.

As a sidenote, this among other things picking up speed, it seems that some major changes in the world we know are just waiting to happen soon.

What can you tell us about Danny Shelton's branch in Sweden? Church leaders warned our Brethren in Scandnavia against this attachment to Danny Shelton, but they did not heed their superiors. We all know that the chairman of the Board of 3ABN Scandinavia is no longer a menber of the church.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 10 2006, 07:44 AM
Post #17

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

someone has suggested that the Trust Group has not been closed.... perhaps further investigation is needed....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Aug 10 2006, 11:04 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Verifying the source of this is very important, whether it has come from a reliable source as fact, or whether it came from heresay, which is rumour, and not necessarily fact.

I would be interested in knowing which one it is.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 10 2006, 11:23 AM
Post #19

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(BrotherBill @ Aug 9 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]143982[/snapback]

I heard today that 3 ABN eliminated their entire Trust Services Group. Can anyone verify whether this is true?

I've not been able to verify anything about their entire Trust Services Group being eliminated. However, I do know that four emplyees were terminated in the April/May 2006 timeframe. Could this be the source of what you describe above? Or were there details in what you heard that would seem to indicate that there has been other and more recent action taken in addition to these four employees being dropped?

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Aug 10 2006, 03:42 PM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 10 2006, 01:22 PM) [snapback]144135[/snapback]

What can you tell us about Danny Shelton's branch in Sweden? Church leaders warned our Brethren in Scandnavia against this attachment to Danny Shelton, but they did not heed their superiors. We all know that the chairman of the Board of 3ABN Scandinavia is no longer a menber of the church.
3ABN Scandinavia? I think everyone here who watches 3ABN directly do so either by streaming or from satelite.

The only other channel with adventist programing in sweden (besides 3abn and Hope on satelite) that I am aware of, Lifestyletv, hmm... They initiated and participated in producing two good campmeeting events this year that they filmed, the first with David Assherick and team and the secound with Doug B as one of two main speakers. The focus on witnessing which was especially clear in the easter campmeeting with Assherick has been very well recieved around here. They carry 3abn produced programs, but hey, noone is perfect tongue.gif

I dont know anything about their relationships with 3abn beyond which can be read at the linked webpages. The reason I mention this channel in reply to your question is the connection made by the swedish adventist webpages mentioning 3abn as the place where the founders of this channel learned how to produce tv (the article is entierly in swedish).

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
Freedom
post Aug 10 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 1,913

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 9 2006, 06:48 PM) [snapback]144092[/snapback]

That is what we shall wait to see. scratchchin.gif

To really clean 3ABN camp: Replace key 3ABN management people in SEVERAL departments
Replace most members of the 3ABN board.
Make sure that new key management people are SDA

Just a few suggestions.

Umm, time will tell what will happen at 3ABN.

God grant us all the patience to see what will happen. The COURAGE to CHANGE the corruption at 3ABN.

freedom

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 10 2006, 09:37 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

Brother Bill,

Exactly what is this rumor based on? To toss out a question like this and add more fuel to the devil's fire is not responsible. If you are going to make insinuations, accusations, or float a red herring then support it with something substantial, something that even gives your question a semblance of realistic weight.

My Hope Is In God

- fallible

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 10 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #23

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 10 2006, 10:37 PM) [snapback]144298[/snapback]

Brother Bill,

Exactly what is this rumor based on? To toss out a question like this and add more fuel to the devil's fire is not responsible. If you are going to make insinuations, accusations, or float a red herring then support it with something substantial, something that even gives your question a semblance of realistic weight.

My Hope Is In God

- fallible

I just finished watching the two-hour "3ABN Live" program. I thought I heard Danny say, briefly, that he and Brandy were leaving 3ABN for an absence of two or three months.

This has the semblance of realistic weight when Mr. Shelton said it, himself, assuming I heard right.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 10 2006, 10:07 PM
Post #24

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Since his OP ws in the form of a question, I'm thinking he is looking for answers. Someone could just give evidence that it was not true, and he would move on. you don't need a lot of information to ask a question. Questions are for recieving answers.
QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 10 2006, 08:37 PM) [snapback]144298[/snapback]

Brother Bill,

My Hope Is In God

- fallible

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 10 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

Please explain for me PP how a man taking a leave from what has obviously been a difficult time can be used as evidence that the Trust Services Dept. has been done away with?

Granted Linda has been through much - but can you name an individual who is REALLY involved in all of this who wouldn't need a rest after the past two years?

Speculation, innuendo, that is all I read here - not much substantiated truth.

His Hand WILL Guide Us

- fallible

PD,

Except possibly within an online discussion where not all posts are read, context is often absent, and tossing out something like that can be misconstrued as "truth" as a discussion starter.

For instance, what "IF" I posted here and claimed that I knew you were the wife of the Lake Region Conference President and you had a personal axe to grind with one of the employees of 3ABN. But - I began it this way:

"I heard that PrincessDi is the wife of the Lake Region Conference President, and she had a run in with so-and-so at 3ABN and THAT is why she is so vehemently against 3ABN and its ministry - can anyone tell me if this is true?"

Now, a wander in here who happens across it but doesn't bother to see if there is any support or denial of this statement might just very well head out the door with this tidbit in their minds as truth.

Online dialogue is dangerous.

- fallible

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 10 2006, 11:07 PM) [snapback]144300[/snapback]

Since his OP ws in the form of a question, I'm thinking he is looking for answers. Someone could just give evidence that it was not true, and he would move on. you don't need a lot of information to ask a question. Questions are for recieving answers.

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 10 2006, 10:42 PM
Post #26

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

I understand your concern, however, the only thing I can tell you is that you are one of the few who took it as you did. Most took it in the context that BB ws asking a question. You will see in subsequesnt posts that more research is suggested after no one had an answe to the question. You can't tell someone how to phrase their posts. BB Asked the question, and so far, you are the only one who misunderstood. You may consider observing for a while longer, so you can get a "feel" for the site. I see where you have been visiting and reading, but you may not have comprehended the gravity of the situation being discussed. I understand that it is a lot to take and hard to believe all at once. Take your time and consider the information here with a clear mind.

Also, if you have information to add or refute that which is already been posted, please share.

BTW, Welcome to BSDA! Glad to you decided to join our Family! See you when you get back from visitng your neighbors! Take care!

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 10 2006, 08:30 PM) [snapback]144303[/snapback]

PD,

Except possibly within an online discussion where not all posts are read, context is often absent, and tossing out something like that can be misconstrued as "truth" as a discussion starter.

For instance, what "IF" I posted here and claimed that I knew you were the wife of the Lake Region Conference President and you had a personal axe to grind with one of the employees of 3ABN. But - I began it this way:

"I heard that PrincessDi is the wife of the Lake Region Conference President, and she had a run in with so-and-so at 3ABN and THAT is why she is so vehemently against 3ABN and its ministry - can anyone tell me if this is true?"

Now, a wander in here who happens across it but doesn't bother to see if there is any support or denial of this statement might just very well head out the door with this tidbit in their minds as truth.

Online dialogue is dangerous.

- fallible

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Siriss
post Aug 11 2006, 07:56 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 1,739

QUOTE(BrotherBill @ Aug 9 2006, 07:04 PM) [snapback]144082[/snapback]

That is, if those of us on the forum can get her reinstated.

How much pull does anyone on these forums have as most are posting under personas and cannot be verifiably reputable?

I just can't get out of my mind the phrase my mother used to say, "There is nothing so powerful as a truth whose time has come."

Wise woman!

This post has been edited by Siriss: Aug 11 2006, 07:59 AM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 11 2006, 08:08 AM
Post #28

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Siriss @ Aug 11 2006, 07:56 AM) [snapback]144342[/snapback]

How much pull does anyone on these forums have as most are posting under personas and cannot be verifiably reputable?

And that is important because? dunno.gif I am not going to try to interpret the motive for your question but I would bet that if it were you who had personally been mistreated and were fearful of someone trying to get you, you would not be jumping at the opportunity to tell everyone who you are...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 11 2006, 08:32 AM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Siriss @ Aug 11 2006, 07:56 AM) [snapback]144342[/snapback]

As has been stated here many times before ..... this is not a courtroom...... it is a bulletin board. And it is a bulletin board where any who want to do so may come and post.... and it is very easy to tell.... if one reads enough..... whether the person is a participant, a witness, a researcher, a reader who is trying to put things together, or a heckler who is trying to distract the readers.

But to your question more directly....... The "pull" that anyone here has is dependent on who they are in real life and what they do in the background. And when they are working in the background they are using their own names and have the full strength of their characters, service records, training, circles of influence, and all of the other accouterments that go with being a person of influence. Here they may or may not use their real names, and they may or may not ever put their words on the screen.

I repeat. This is a bulletin board. Many more are reading it than merely the names you see on your screen. Whatever they take from here finds its "verification" and its value in the use made of it. Not in the identity of the one who typed the words.

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Aug 11 2006, 09:20 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

According to a post over at MSDAOL, it seems there is a question as to whether or not Danny Shelton actually announced that he will be taking a leave of absence. This is why a video-tape of this program and announcment is important, which I hope somebody has done. In any case, there will be another repeat of this live program.

Has anybody here verified this with a 3ABN official as to whether this is true or not?

This post has been edited by Daryl Fawcett: Aug 11 2006, 09:21 AM

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church