Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10359&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:56:42 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Trust Services Group
awesumtenor
post Aug 11 2006, 09:21 AM
Post #31

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Siriss @ Aug 11 2006, 09:56 AM) [snapback]144342[/snapback]

How much pull does anyone on these forums have as most are posting under personas and cannot be verifiably reputable?

You assume that the only dialog ongoing about this situation is what you see posted here... and even with the personas and screen names, some people have identified who they are and what their connection is to 3ABN and/or Danny Shelton... and, as such their statements are verifiable and knowing the speaker behind the persona, credible and their credibility, where it corroborates the statements of those who feel divulging their identity would put them or others at risk, makes the whole credible...

Yes, it could be a coincidence that Danny is taking an extended leave of absence from 3ABN, despite the predictions of oncoming change that have been dropped here of late... but that would take almost as great a leap of faith as believing none of what has been stated has any truth to it whatsoever.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 11 2006, 09:33 AM
Post #32

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Aug 11 2006, 08:20 AM) [snapback]144363[/snapback]

According to a post over at MSDAOL, it seems there is a question as to whether or not Danny Shelton actually announced that he will be taking a leave of absence. This is why a video-tape of this program and announcment is important, which I hope somebody has done. In any case, there will be another repeat of this live program.

Has anybody here verified this with a 3ABN official as to whether this is true or not?

I was watching the repeat online last night, had to get some sleep, told a buddy of mine to watch, he reported to me that he heard Danny himself say it. I'm sure he will verify it, as will others. I know I didn't see it, but I do have it from someone that SAW IT. spoton.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Aug 11 2006, 09:49 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 11 2006, 11:33 AM) [snapback]144366[/snapback]

I was watching the repeat online last night, had to get some sleep, told a buddy of mine to watch, he reported to me that he heard Danny himself say it. I'm sure he will verify it, as will others. I know I didn't see it, but I do have it from someone that SAW IT. spoton.gif

yeah, it will be on the repeat unless they edit it out... which is entirely possible...
I remember one LIVE where we had to stay an extra hour to a edit a 10 minute part where Danny didn't like what he said.

This post has been edited by PaperTigers: Aug 11 2006, 09:50 AM

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
BrotherBill
post Aug 11 2006, 10:20 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 2,016

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 10 2006, 12:23 PM) [snapback]144199[/snapback]

I've not been able to verify anything about their entire Trust Services Group being eliminated. However, I do know that four emplyees were terminated in the April/May 2006 timeframe. Could this be the source of what you describe above? Or were there details in what you heard that would seem to indicate that there has been other and more recent action taken in addition to these four employees being dropped?

What I heard referred to something more recent than the terminations in April/May. Again, it is just rumor I am trying to confirm.

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 10 2006, 10:37 PM) [snapback]144298[/snapback]

Brother Bill,

Exactly what is this rumor based on? To toss out a question like this and add more fuel to the devil's fire is not responsible. If you are going to make insinuations, accusations, or float a red herring then support it with something substantial, something that even gives your question a semblance of realistic weight.

My Hope Is In God

- fallible

My goal is not to insinuate, accuse, or add fuel to any fire. I just asked a question to confirm something I heard while speaking with a colleague who used to work at 3ABN.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 11 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #35

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 11 2006, 10:33 AM) [snapback]144366[/snapback]

I heard it. And now we know others heard it, too, and interpreted the remark the same way.

In other words, nobody interpreted it as a "working vacation," they heard "leave of absence."

Yes, those tapes are edited, afterward. Sometimes people stay behind to tape a second person's "nodding head" that can be spliced into a lengthy monologue given by a speaker.

On later "rebroadcasts," we see the speaker, then someone nodding at those remarks, and then back to the speaker, and then someone nodding, and then back to the speaker, etc.

The re-run ends up looking more polished than the "live" program.

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Aug 11 2006, 12:22 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

I saw the program live myself when it first came over last night. I observed that all the big guns in management of 3ABN were in the drawing room set with Brandy and Danny. Danny spoke about wanting revival and reformation in his life and taking some months break with Brandy in order to seek God's face. They did not make it sound like any major happening but placed in the context of what is being discussed here, it may have been a red herring to take people's mind off his real reason for going on vacation/ a break.

I wonder why he did not think of taking that break when the mess with Linda broke out? I wonder why?

Well, last night, basically 3ABN showed that they were ready to fight. Much talk about lies, insinuations, character assassinations and persecution. Danny really made himself sound like a victim. I suppose that that may bring in more sympathy funds. John Lomacang said unequivocally that 3ABN is not going anywhere. Rest assured! There were three devotional presentations to encourage them to hold on in this socalled crisis.

Yeah, so far, Brandy has been on the set a few times with Danny but not saying much.

+Quote Post
BrotherBill
post Aug 11 2006, 01:23 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 2,016

Yeah, so far, Brandy has been on the set a few times with Danny but not saying much.
[/quote]
When Danny is around, NO ONE gets a chance to say much!

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Aug 11 2006, 02:05 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 11 2006, 01:14 PM) [snapback]144389[/snapback]

Yes, those tapes are edited, afterward. Sometimes people stay behind to tape a second person's "nodding head" that can be spliced into a lengthy monologue given by a speaker.

On later "rebroadcasts," we see the speaker, then someone nodding at those remarks, and then back to the speaker, and then someone nodding, and then back to the speaker, etc.

The re-run ends up looking more polished than the "live" program.

Let me tell you that sometimes, the editing is more than just a nodding of heads... there have been whole chunks that are redone..

--------------------

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 11 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #39

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Aug 11 2006, 03:05 PM) [snapback]144405[/snapback]

Let me tell you that sometimes, the editing is more than just a nodding of heads... there have been whole chunks that are redone..

Whole Chunks
roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Aug 11 2006, 02:47 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 11 2006, 04:35 PM) [snapback]144407[/snapback]

Whole Chunks
roflmao.gif

maybe that was bad wording
giggle.gif

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Siriss
post Aug 11 2006, 03:48 PM
Post #41

Member No.: 1,739

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 11 2006, 09:32 AM) [snapback]144347[/snapback]

But to your question more directly....... The "pull" that anyone here has is dependent on who they are in real life and what they do in the background. And when they are working in the background they are using their own names and have the full strength of their characters, service records, training, circles of influence, and all of the other accouterments that go with being a person of influence. Here they may or may not use their real names, and they may or may not ever put their words on the screen.

So then, it is the pull of the individual when they are off the forum--not the pull of those "on" the forum. My misunderstanding. I thought the original poster of the idea was referring to the strength of the forum--not the strength of the individuals.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 11 2006, 04:19 PM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Siriss @ Aug 11 2006, 03:48 PM) [snapback]144421[/snapback]

So then, it is the pull of the individual when they are off the forum--not the pull of those "on" the forum. My misunderstanding. I thought the original poster of the idea was referring to the strength of the forum--not the strength of the individuals.

There are different kinds of strengths and values. The forum is not an activist group. That is, we do not expect any power action to come from this forum.

The forum DOES however, have a very important function in and of itself. It serves as a meeting place, a bulletin board, a way of persons who thought they were isolated and alone finding others like themselves. And the things that are posted here remain as silent witnesses and information packets in a place where all may come and read and be informed.

Without an open place like this, it is all too easy for those who have the ability to act should they choose to do so, to do whatever they do in secret or to do nothing at all.

For way too long our church has operated in secrecy. Abuse victims are bought off by "settling out of court" ... and no one knows that a predator was even in the land. Victims of discrimation are likewise bought off and go their way, without the church members even knowing that the discrimation happened, or that government authorities acted upon it. This secrecy should not be. We as church members have the right to know if a teacher is fired because she stood up for another teacher who was being discriminated against. But we don't. Only if we personally know the individual do we have any idea that legal action has even taken place. All we know is that two teachers who were there are not now there.

But how do we spread that information until such a time as the church itself sets new policies for itself .. policies that include not only accountability in ethical matters, but also policies for informing church members as a whole as to what has taken place, and what measures have been taken to correct the situation and to ensure that it not happen again?

Until then, places like this are our best tools and our most effective means of communication.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 11 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #43

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Jvat @ Aug 11 2006, 11:22 AM) [snapback]144390[/snapback]

I saw the program live myself when it first came over last night. I observed that all the big guns in management of 3ABN were in the drawing room set with Brandy and Danny. Danny spoke about wanting revival and reformation in his life and taking some months break with Brandy in order to seek God's face. They did not make it sound like any major happening but placed in the context of what is being discussed here, it may have been a red herring to take people's mind off his real reason for going on vacation/ a break.

I wonder why he did not think of taking that break when the mess with Linda broke out? I wonder why?

Well, last night, basically 3ABN showed that they were ready to fight. Much talk about lies, insinuations, character assassinations and persecution. Danny really made himself sound like a victim. I suppose that that may bring in more sympathy funds. John Lomacang said unequivocally that 3ABN is not going anywhere. Rest assured! There were three devotional presentations to encourage them to hold on in this socalled crisis.

She not only say much at all, but if you notice, keeps her head low and turned as if to hide behind her hair. I wonder what she thinks inside....any number of guesses come to my mind, but not knowing what she is really there for, I won't speculate. Woudln't want to do that hear and ruin our great reputation.
As for the big guns, I saw it and i FELT their direct in-you-face approach. They can SAY all they want, but what is really happening behind the scenes is totally different, that I can guarantee. They are going to keep people in the dark, probably forever, and this WILL BE milked for everything it possible can (cash). Danny the victim???? thumbdown.gif Well, that will really get the people upset and on fire! The people that KNOW he is NOT the victim that is....he really shouldn't mess with those people any more - it can get and will ge worse for him if he does that....and in the end, only backfire. I pray people who are being dupped willingly or innocently WAKE UP AND OPEN THEIR EYES doh.gif . Surely the Holy Spirit is trying to reach them through all this! God is merciful and will try to be gentle, but they need to be willing to SEE what is happening too. JMO.

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Aug 12 2006, 10:01 AM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Aug 11 2006, 07:57 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

Well, I'll try again to post to this thread. It is my humble opinion that whatever Danny may have said last night about him and Brandy taking a 'leave of absence' is more about trying to convince people that he knows he needs to make changes in his life. However, I think it is only a smoke screen to try to fool Brandy, first of all, and then those faithful followers in the audience. As I wrote to Don Schneider today, who is a very personal acquaintance of my sister, she has personal knowledge of much of the behavior described in 'The Televangelist.' She is also a former member of the Springfield, Illinois church where Linda went after her firing and in talking with friends from there, was told how upset the placement of John Stanton made the people, especially as it related to removing Linda from any place in the church doings. She also knew Danny personally when he tried to become a literature evangelist. Her husband was the top salesman in Illinois and it was obvious that Danny had no desire to follow any of the programs that were in place. It was also very obvious that there was great trouble in the marriage and it was shortly after his stint at book sales that she was killed in the accident. The document regarding Kay's making plans to leave Danny was very much true to what was being observed by my sister and others in the literature camp. My sister will be contacting Don Schneider as soon as she can and I will report to you what we find out, or not, from him. It is entirely possible that he will not be able to say much or will say things that must stay 'off the record' for now. In any case I will let you know the outcome.

JustTana

QUOTE(JustTana @ Aug 11 2006, 08:51 PM) [snapback]144465[/snapback]

Well, I'll try again to post to this thread. It is my humble opinion that whatever Danny may have said last night about him and Brandy taking a 'leave of absence' is more about trying to convince people that he knows he needs to make changes in his life. However, I think it is only a smoke screen to try to fool Brandy, first of all, and then those faithful followers in the audience. As I wrote to Don Schneider today, who is a very personal acquaintance of my sister, she has personal knowledge of much of the behavior described in 'The Televangelist.' She is also a former member of the Springfield, Illinois church where Linda went after her firing and in talking with friends from there, was told how upset the placement of John Stanton made the people, especially as it related to removing Linda from any place in the church doings. She also knew Danny personally when he tried to become a literature evangelist. Her husband was the top salesman in Illinois and it was obvious that Danny had no desire to follow any of the programs that were in place. It was also very obvious that there was great trouble in the marriage and it was shortly after his stint at book sales that she was killed in the accident. The document regarding Kay's making plans to leave Danny was very much true to what was being observed by my sister and others in the literature camp. My sister will be contacting Don Schneider as soon as she can and I will report to you what we find out, or not, from him. It is entirely possible that he will not be able to say much or will say things that must stay 'off the record' for now. In any case I will let you know the outcome. The time frame of my sister's acquaintance of Danny is over a twenty year span of time covering his first marriage.

JustTana

+Quote Post
tall73
post Aug 12 2006, 07:48 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 1,732

If the allegations regarding molestation in the recent addition to the "televangelist" thread are true, then that is a far more likely cause of this departure than any trust department.

I think if someone with kids had just married someone who was alleged to have been molested they would want a break too.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church