Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10408&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:27:21 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallible's questions regarding 3ABN, his observations and skepticism
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 10 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,058

"sister"

I have to wonder how God and His Son Jesus must feel sitting in heaven watching this kind of nonsense - and it truly is the epitome of the word since it is devoid of any Christian common sense.

Now if you and everyone involved here wants to sit back and have some "fun" at the expense of other human beings fine - but don't do it in the guise of The Lord's Work. Unless I have missed a chapter or verse I don't recall ever reading in the Bible that it is another human beings responsibility to defame, demean, or pass judgement against another child of God on this earth. God calls sin by it's name, that is His right and we are to call it by its name - but in our own lives! Have you extricated the plank from your own eye, any of you - I know I haven't and I pray daily to be able to remove my hands from it and let God's hands remove it permanently.

Quite honestly this (and the other threads in the 3ABN section) smack of the pious rich man thanking God that he wasn't like the poor sinner.

If your accusations are true - and based on reading all the posts in these threads over the past few months there is a significant lack of voracity for the truth here - then do not fear reprisal and make your identity known. You call for truth and evidence and a forthcoming spirit from the "other side" - I challenge you to make the first step! Post a picture, a real name, all the other information that would give credence to your claims. Lest anyone respond with a comment of "hypocrisy" here, if "sister" and all the other nameless souls here will come out of hiding - so will I.

If you are about God's work - then be about it. But if you are about your own - vengence, spite, anger, condemnation then move your vendeta somewhere else - only you know why you would take God's work and turn it into a trivialized game for which you are the master decision maker.

All of us - get off the computer, go to our neighbors, pray with them, show them the true love of God and hasten His return. What is accomplished here - nothing! What new soul is lead to the all ways forgiving love of the Father by your hours spent here - none. Come here - lift each other up, deepen your love relationship with your Saviour and take this glow to others - stop the hate, stop the false accusations, stop the salacious innuendo, stop being about the Devil's business. Be about God's - loving them that hate you, despise you, speak ill will of you, persecute you . . . Let God heal the pain in your soul that leads you here to wreak havoc on the lives of others and lead even more down the path of backbiting, gossip, and slander.

Lift God up, lift your fellow man up, lift your own soul up to Him who can heal you and make you whole! Lay your heart bare on the alter for His cleansing touch. Leave behind the work of the Dark One and lay hold to the light, the Light at the end of the world - Jesus. Be happy. Be assured that God IS in control - not me, not you, not any of the other posters here, not Danny, the Board, the Conferences or Unions or Divisions. God's people are in His hands - the world IS His and He will make all right.

My Hope is in Him - not myself,

- fallible

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Aug 10 2006, 10:19 PM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 10 2006, 10:22 PM
Post #2

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

snack.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 10 2006, 10:50 PM
Post #3

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 10 2006, 11:30 PM) [snapback]144303[/snapback]

Granted Linda has been through much - but can you name an individual who is REALLY involved in all of this who wouldn't need a rest after the past two years?

- fallible

You admit that Linda Shelton has been "through much."

From your point of view, what has Linda Shelton been "through"?

What do you think happened to Linda Shelton?

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 10 2006, 10:52 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

PD,

Will update you on the neighbors as we grow. But, I am not a novice either to discussion boards or to this topic - if you are in the SDA church in the NAD you really can't have been immune to it (well, maybe, but I might be surprised).

I don't have problems with questions and the seeking of answers - my dad always taught me not to fear questioning - even God if I had to - but I had to be ready for the answer, especially if it is one I don't like.

This question, as honestly innocent as it may seem, with the context of all the hyperbole here could have been asked outside the board and then, if the evidence was substantial it could be brought here. It seems more an attempt to add fuel to an already raging inferno - and here in lies another pitfall of online dialogue, I don't know the poster. I don't know if he can be trusted to ask an innocent question, or if he is attempting to roil things up further. I don't know if he admits that we all have skeletons in our closets - none of us qualified to pass judgement on our fellow man. I know nothing of him - thus my original post was merely an attempt to ferret out motive, as this is the only thing, being new here, I can go on.

Sitting silently and watching doesn't seem to mesh with your point that he was merely asking a question because, quite frankly, so was I. Asking for some support that would lead to this being a viable discussion.

Thanks for the welcome - everyone loves the person who hugs you on the way into church.

- fallible

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 10 2006, 11:42 PM) [snapback]144306[/snapback]

I understand your concern, however, the only thing I can tell you is that you are one of the few who took it as you did. Most took it in the context that BB ws asking a question. You will see in subsequesnt posts that more research is suggested after no one had an answe to the question. You can't tell someone how to phrase their posts. BB Asked the question, and so far, you are the only one who misunderstood. You may consider observing for a while longer, so you can get a "feel" for the site. I see where you have been visiting and reading, but you may not have comprehended the gravity of the situation being discussed. I understand that it is a lot to take and hard to believe all at once. Take your time and consider the information here with a clear mind.

Also, if you have information to add or refute that which is already been posted, please share.

BTW, Welcome to BSDA! Glad to you decided to join our Family! See you when you get back from visitng your neighbors! Take care!

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 10 2006, 11:08 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

PP

I think that on a basic level the process of divorce, whether you are the one who wanted it or not is really not material here because the research shows that it is painful to all involved.

Losing ones job, again justifiable termination or being cut from the herd doesn't matter - it is all painful and tiresome to the spirit.

And, quite honestly I am admitting nothing - I can't, I haven't made a claim either direction until my first post to you, so there is no admitance here only a statement of my thoughts. To admit that Linda has been through much would insinuate I had made a claim other wise - which of course I have not.

Human suffering isn't unique to Linda or Danny or you or me. It is the reality of the fallen world we live in. People don't "do things to us." We choose our emotions, our reactions, our words - no one makes us swear at the individual who cuts us off dangerously in traffic, no one makes us think them ill will, no one makes us mad - we choose it - ALWAYS! Our words, our actions, our thoughts, our responses are always of our own creation and devise and never the fault of someone else. We are only responsible for our own thoughts and words and deeds - and accountable to God.

So, has Linda been through some hard times? Very hard. Has she seen her life change drastically? Absolutely. Has she lost favor in the sight of her God - who knows? God does and that is all that matters.

But if you were honest, you would have to admit that many of the others who have been involved whose names have been defamed and characters impuned have been through just as much. If you deny this - you place yourself in the seat of judgement, a place I can not join you.

His Will

- fallible

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 10 2006, 11:50 PM) [snapback]144308[/snapback]

You admit that Linda Shelton has been "through much."

From your point of view, what has Linda Shelton been "through"?

What do you think happened to Linda Shelton?

--------------------

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 10 2006, 11:21 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

PP,

Just an addendum to my recent post.

When I said people don't do things to us, I mean just that. People do things - usually with their own best interest at heart, sometimes without thinking - but never to us. Infact we are probably the last person on their mind when they do things.

We can hope and pray that people are driven of the Spirit - but we can not know (go ahead quote "by their fruits ye shall know them") - the human growing season is called a life time, and most of our fruits are never known until we are gone.

So, don't worry so much about what the other guy is doing - what are YOU doing to spread the love of God through all the earth so we can go home? Share because maybe I can learn something about bringing souls to Christ.

- fallible

--------------------

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 10 2006, 11:21 PM
Post #7

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

I am not "sister," and this is from one "fallible human being" to another ...

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 10 2006, 11:12 PM) [snapback]144301[/snapback]

"sister"

I have to wonder how God and His Son Jesus must feel sitting in heaven watching this kind of nonsense - and it truly is the epitome of the word since it is devoid of any Christian common sense.
You would demonstrate considerably more "common sense" if you showed evidence of having read and understood what has been shared on this board by eye witnesses, including "sister." (As it is, you sound more like an alter ego of Danny and his cohorts ... )

Since we are all "fallible human beings," some posts on this board may not always demonstrate truth or the right spirit, but there is enough factual material here to demonstrate that the work of God is being dragged in the filth by those who are seeking to profit thereby.

Now if you and everyone involved here wants to sit back and have some "fun" at the expense of other human beings fine - but don't do it in the guise of The Lord's Work. Unless I have missed a chapter or verse I don't recall ever reading in the Bible that it is another human beings responsibility to defame, demean, or pass judgement against another child of God on this earth.

Ah, yes, indeed! But you clearly missed the very beginning of the current installment of the Shelton saga -- the defamation, demeaning and judgement passed on Linda Shelton by Danny and his cohorts. This wasn't just a matter of something that happened two years ago, but it has continued to this day by public (on camera) insinuations and asides by Dan Shelton himself.

The Bible contains some of the best psychology around. When Paul asks, "Who are you, Oh man, who judges, when you are doing the same things?" he was referencing a law of the mind -- that we are most likely to accuse others of what we are doing ourselves. And, of course, that's what Dan Shelton did and continues to do. This wasn't so clear two years ago, but it's abundantly clear now that he has married his 'young thing' after discarding his wife of 20 years and excluding her from the ministry she helped found and build. Except for fund raising (if you can call it that), Linda did more for 3ABN during her tenure there than Dan ever did, in my opinion. But, at his word, with the backing of deep pockets, Linda was simply ousted, demeaned, slandered and harassed. And the harassment has continued for these two years ...
God calls sin by it's name, that is His right and we are to call it by its name - but in our own lives! Have you extricated the plank from your own eye, any of you - I know I haven't and I pray daily to be able to remove my hands from it and let God's hands remove it permanently
Ah ... but you are doing a fine job of accusing posters on this baord of sinning by "defaming, demeaning and judging" Dan Shelton and his cohorts, who are, by implication much holier than the folks who have been involved with 3ABN and are now sharing their disillusionment and experience here. It must be that plank in the way ..
Quite honestly this (and the other threads in the 3ABN section) smack of the pious rich man thanking God that he wasn't like the poor sinner.

Someone may correct me, since I'm not a professional in psychology (only a high school teacher), but I think that's called "projecting" -- seeing one's own weaknesses in others. Like Paul said ... Who are you ...?
If your accusations are true - and based on reading all the posts in these threads over the past few months there is a significant lack of voracity for the truth here - then do not fear reprisal and make your identity known. You call for truth and evidence and a forthcoming spirit from the "other side" - I challenge you to make the first step! Post a picture, a real name, all the other information that would give credence to your claims. Lest anyone respond with a comment of "hypocrisy" here, if "sister" and all the other nameless souls here will come out of hiding - so will I.
If you are a Shelton alter ego, your promise doesn't mean much to us dunno.gif . If you are not, you are simply blowing smoke.

I happen to know a few folks who are posting on this board and can assure you that they are real, live, breathing people from different parts of the world. They've been there, seen it, experienced it, felt the wrath of the Televangelist, etc. (Oh, yes, and I'm real too. That's my real name. I'm not that keen on revealing my specific address and phone number to the whole unfriendly world, but I'm perfectly happy to speak to anyone whom I can help.)

And you?
If you are about God's work - then be about it. But if you are about your own - vengence, spite, anger, condemnation then move your vendeta somewhere else - only you know why you would take God's work and turn it into a trivialized game for which you are the master decision maker.

I see that "sister" has aroused your supreme ire by casting this review of salient facts into the form of a "game." You may not know that this is an excellent teaching method. And it's working. People are putting the pieces of the puzzle together. And I have a hunch that it's at a point where people who need to do something are actually "getting it." Further developments to follow ..

You also appear to be forgetting a few stories and counsels in the Bible. I suggest you review the story of Achan, for instance. The concept of sharing the guilt of sins we could prevent/expose is biblical. You might check out what Ezekiel has to say on the subject. Somewhere in this forum is a quote by Ellen White on the same subject as well, if that means anything to you.
All of us - get off the computer, go to our neighbors, pray with them, show them the true love of God and hasten His return. What is accomplished here - nothing!

Again, what you say may apply to you and your post. But you are assuming that the folks posting here are not sharing Jesus with their neighbors. And you are assuming that what is said here is simply a waste of time. You may be wrong on both counts.

Much of your advice below is good. However, I disagree with your assumption that the exposure of evil done in the name of the Lord is the devil's work. The Lord is looking for honest and true souls in His service -- men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who will stand for the truth though the heavens fall, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name. He doesn't need "great men" or TV stars who are more interested in power, prestige and money than in ministering. Sometimes He uses poor "fallible human beings" to bring down those who are using the truth of God for profit and personal aggrandizement.

My prayer is that somehow the Lord Almighty will use the testimony of these poor "fallible human beings" who know from experience the scandalous abuse hidden behind a veneer of "service" at 3ABN to root out the evil and bring honor to God rather than dishonor.

Inga

What new soul is lead to the all ways forgiving love of the Father by your hours spent here - none. Come here - lift each other up, deepen your love relationship with your Saviour and take this glow to others - stop the hate, stop the false accusations, stop the salacious innuendo, stop being about the Devil's business. Be about God's - loving them that hate you, despise you, speak ill will of you, persecute you . . . Let God heal the pain in your soul that leads you here to wreak havoc on the lives of others and lead even more down the path of backbiting, gossip, and slander.

Lift God up, lift your fellow man up, lift your own soul up to Him who can heal you and make you whole! Lay your heart bare on the alter for His cleansing touch. Leave behind the work of the Dark One and lay hold to the light, the Light at the end of the world - Jesus. Be happy. Be assured that God IS in control - not me, not you, not any of the other posters here, not Danny, the Board, the Conferences or Unions or Divisions. God's people are in His hands - the world IS His and He will make all right.

- fallible

This post has been edited by inga: Aug 10 2006, 11:24 PM

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Aug 10 2006, 11:22 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

fallible,
if you would actually sit down and read all of the posts you would see that we are just people seeking answers.. some of us do have first hand experience. i will say that i worked there for a while... you may ask why we aren't more open with exactly who we are... and if you are asking this question than you don't know much about Danny or how he operates.. for safety reasons i think a lot of us have remained anonymous for the time being..
i am not ashamed of who i am nor am i deliberately trying to hide myself.. i hope that you will eventually see this board as i see it... a group of loving, caring people who are just seeking answers and the truth...

~PaperTigers

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 10 2006, 11:32 PM
Post #9

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 10 2006, 11:30 PM) [snapback]144303[/snapback]

Please explain for me PP how a man taking a leave from what has obviously been a difficult time can be used as evidence that the Trust Services Dept. has been done away with?

Speculation, innuendo, that is all I read here - not much substantiated truth.

First of all,

Welcome to the BSDA.

As to your question:

In your original posting, you didn't call it "evidence." You called it "semblance of realistic weight ."

Therefore, my answer also used the phrase "semblance of realistic weight."

The "realistic weight" is that:

Danny Shelton has served as the main fund raiser and some will say that a three-month leave is rather long to go without your main fund-raising person.

Large, deferred, gifts go through the Trust Services department. So, we'lll know soon enough what happened to the Trust Services Department, if anything.

As for the speculation, this is a really a discussion board, not a court room. We're not here to submit "evidence" into court. So, please note that I never used the word "evidence."

Once again,

Welcome to BSDA

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 10 2006, 11:44 PM
Post #10

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 10 2006, 10:21 PM) [snapback]144312[/snapback]

PP,

Just an addendum to my recent post.

When I said people don't do things to us, I mean just that. People do things - usually with their own best interest at heart, sometimes without thinking - but never to us. Infact we are probably the last person on their mind when they do things.
Maybe I have misunderstood your post here, but I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU. People INTENTIONALLY do things to us to HURT us all the time. WE have a choice how we will respond. People who use their power to abuse us in some way are deliberate in their actions.

We can hope and pray that people are driven of the Spirit - but we can not know (go ahead quote "by their fruits ye shall know them") - the human growing season is called a life time, and most of our fruits are never known until we are gone.
AGAIN, YOU ARE IN ERROR. By their fruits you can know them NOW and KNOW the difference between good and evil, christian and non-christian. This is where behavior ooozes out quite naturally because of what is in the heart. You do not have to be past dead to have this happen before your very eyes.

So, don't worry so much about what the other guy is doing - what are YOU doing to spread the love of God through all the earth so we can go home? Share because maybe I can learn something about bringing souls to Christ.
Do you live on the same planet I do? I can spread the word and love of Jesus AND also call wrong where I see it. There is evil all around us, some of it is disquised unless you look a bit closer, and there are most definitely times to say NO because that is FALSE teaching. How can you know what is true and false unless you look at it? It's not about "worrying", it's about using your brain.

- fallible

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Aug 11 2006, 12:37 AM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
sister
post Aug 11 2006, 12:07 AM
Post #11

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 10 2006, 11:12 PM) [snapback]144301[/snapback]

"sister"

Now if you and everyone involved here wants to sit back and have some "fun" at the expense of other human beings fine - but don't do it in the guise of The Lord's Work. Unless I have missed a chapter or verse I don't recall ever reading in the Bible that it is another human beings responsibility to defame, demean, or pass judgement against another child of God on this earth. God calls sin by it's name, that is His right and we are to call it by its name - but in our own lives! Have you extricated the plank from your own eye, any of you - I know I haven't and I pray daily to be able to remove my hands from it and let God's hands remove it permanently.

All of us - get off the computer, go to our neighbors, pray with them, show them the true love of God and hasten His return. What is accomplished here - nothing! What new soul is lead to the all ways forgiving love of the Father by your hours spent here - none. Come here - lift each other up, deepen your love relationship with your Saviour and take this glow to others - stop the hate, stop the false accusations, stop the salacious innuendo, stop being about the Devil's business. Be about God's - loving them that hate you, despise you, speak ill will of you, persecute you . . . Let God heal the pain in your soul that leads you here to wreak havoc on the lives of others and lead even more down the path of backbiting, gossip, and slander.

- fallible

Since your post appears to be directed toward me personally, I will answers some of your concerns. I will deal specifically with those that I have bolded from the quoted text above.

1. I don't recall ever reading in the Bible that it is another human beings responsibility to defame, demean, or pass judgement against another child of God on this earth.

Considering the charges you have made against me, I am surprised at this statement. For is this not exactly what you have chosen to do in regard to me? Am I not a child of God and you have passed judgement against me. If you refer to the posts I have written concerning 3ABN, I have become like the “watch man on the wall” who warns the camp of Spiritual Israel of those who claim to represent God, yet their behavior is diametrically opposed to the laws of God. We are not called to bear judgement upon the issue of an individuals salvation, but we are instructed that we can recognize a tree by the fruit it bears. It is not defamation of Danny Shelton’s character when I warn others to beware for the safety of the female members of their families because a young woman has given a sworn, written testimony that he molested her. I have not committed slander nor libel against any of the individuals of whom I have written or spoken about because to do so I would have to bear false witness against them, I have only written the truth.

2. If your accusations are true - and based on reading all the posts in these threads over the past few months there is a significant lack of voracity for the truth here - then do not fear reprisal and make your identity known. You call for truth and evidence and a forthcoming spirit from the "other side" - I challenge you to make the first step! Post a picture, a real name, all the other information that would give credence to your claims. Lest anyone respond with a comment of "hypocrisy" here, if "sister" and all the other nameless souls here will come out of hiding - so will I.

First of all I have made no accusations, I have primarily written narratives recounting situations that have occurred at 3ABN or in the lives of individuals involved in leadership positions in order to enlighten the reader concerning what takes place behind the scenes at 3ABN. BSDA has given the “other side” an equal opportunity to present evidence in this situation. The fact there has been no response from the principle individuals involved is not my responsibility, but tends to lend credence to the truth of my presentations. You challenge me to reveal my identity, in order to know your identity, this is of no interest to me. My emphasis is on relating truth in regard to the situation at 3ABN, not in gaining notoriety for myself. It is the message that is important, not the messenger. What gives credence to my claims is not my identity, but the affirmation of other witnesses that have knowledge of the same facts.

3. What is accomplished here... stop the hate, stop the false accusations, stop the salacious innuendo, stop being about the Devil's business... Let God heal the pain in your soul that leads you here to wreak havoc on the lives of others and lead even more down the path of backbiting, gossip, and slander.

I will address the above comments as a group. Hopefully, what is accomplished here is giving the reader the opportunity to separate truth from error. And the desire to have further investigation and action emanating from the leadership of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in regard to a ministry that claims to represent it to the World. I have no hate in my heart, only sadness for the victims of these predators and for these abusers who continue down a path that can only lead to destruction. I pray for God’s healing for all who have been involved in this situation. About the Devil’s business? No, it is not I who has wreaked havoc upon the lives of others, nor have I lead others down the path of backbiting, gossip or slander. I have been an advocate for those who, through fear of reprisal, have not had the opportunityto tell their story publicly.

Fallible humanbeing, by your choice of persona you have implied that you are capable of error in judging others, as are we all. In the context of my writing on BSDA, rather than judge, I have chosen to present facts in a way that softens the impact of the information. For those of us who have worked or lived within the 3ABN compound there is the possibility of losing hope. Like the martyrs in the book of Revelation, we ask the Lord, “How long?” For some it is only the grace of God that gives them the courage to continue on. What damage has been done to Danny Shelton? Very little compared to the shame and memories that the girl he molested will carry with her the rest of her life.

This post has been edited by sister: Aug 11 2006, 12:11 AM

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 11 2006, 12:12 AM
Post #12

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

A young lady walked along a path in the woods. The sun was shining, and the birds were singing. she saw where someone had diverged from the path and created a shortcut. "Aha!" she said to herself. "I will save a little time here." The shortcut was heavily flowered, and the way looked even better than the established path. "See?" she thought, "Somone has finally become smarter than the people who run this forest, and created something that really works better for the denizens of the woods.

She walked merrily down the shortcut path enjoying the many flowers that didn't seem to grow on the regular path. "Oh, every body really should start following this path" she thought, "It is so much more efficient and the way to the end is so much quicker." Suddenly she found herself sinking in a quicksand bog. As she started to sink, she noticed that past the bog, the flowers were thick with thorns. turning her head, she finally noticed that so were the flowers that she had passed along her way. Grabbing at a thorny vine which tore her hands to shreds, she slowly pulled herself out of the quicksand, and hurried back to the main path. "I must warn the others" she thought.

As many people came along the path and noticed, with delight, the shortcut, she cried out, "Please, don't take the shortcut. those flowers you see are covered with thorns, and there is a quicksand bog in which you will drown. Please! Stay on the path!"

"This horrible woman is telling a bunch of rumors!" many of the people groused. "She is trying to keep a great thing from happening. Yes, she may have thought she experienced something bad, but we can see that this path is strewn with flowers, and it is a faster route to the destination. She is a rumor-mongering, tale-spreading hussie for saying such things about something that is such a blessing. Look at all the happy people walking down that path. She should be stoned for trying to divert us from the true path."

Many people walked down that path, were torn by thorns, and fell into the bog. Some pulled themeselves out by the thorny vine, and others sunk to their demise, choosing to believe they were still on the better path, and still shouting back that the path was beautiful.

Tremendous abuse was heaped on the woman who chose to warn the people about the shortcut, but many lives were saved by her warnings, and this, to her, was worth the abuse she suffered day after day.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Aug 11 2006, 12:15 AM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 11 2006, 12:30 AM
Post #13

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 11 2006, 12:08 AM) [snapback]144311[/snapback]

PP

I think that on a basic level the process of divorce, whether you are the one who wanted it or not is really not material here because the research shows that it is painful to all involved.

I think it is material, if it comes along with a world-wide trashing of your name, reputation, and employability. This is what happened to Linda Shelton.

Losing ones job, again justifiable termination or being cut from the herd doesn't matter - it is all painful and tiresome to the spirit.

It would matter if it happened to you and you lost your employer's health insurance plan when you needed it, as did Linda Shelton. It would be painful to more than just your spirit to need medical care without insurance.

And, quite honestly I am admitting nothing - I can't, I haven't made a claim either direction until my first post to you, so there is no admitance here only a statement of my thoughts. To admit that Linda has been through much would insinuate I had made a claim other wise - which of course I have not.

Not sure what you mean here, since you said, "Granted, Linda has been through much...."

I did see the word "granted" didn't I?

Human suffering isn't unique to Linda or Danny or you or me. It is the reality of the fallen world we live in. People don't "do things to us." We choose our emotions, our reactions, our words - no one makes us swear at the individual who cuts us off dangerously in traffic, no one makes us think them ill will, no one makes us mad - we choose it - ALWAYS! Our words, our actions, our thoughts, our responses are always of our own creation and devise and never the fault of someone else. We are only responsible for our own thoughts and words and deeds - and accountable to God.

I think that the Church of Christ Scientist says something like that: "We choose it by our thoughts."

Personally, I think people do bad things to us all the time (as Sonshineonme has stated in the post just above this one). That's why we have jails and prison farms and why we must buy theft insurance.

So, has Linda been through some hard times? Very hard. Has she seen her life change drastically? Absolutely. Has she lost favor in the sight of her God - who knows? God does and that is all that matters.

Hard times wasn't the issue. You said, "Granted, Linda has been through much." You obliquely veered off your original statement of "much." Now, you suddenly sound like you're quoting A Tale of Two Cities: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

But if you were honest, you would have to admit that many of the others who have been involved whose names have been defamed and characters impuned have been through just as much. If you deny this - you place yourself in the seat of judgement, a place I can not join you.

Oh, you are so right!

Many other people are losing their reputations because people reap what they sow. Since Linda was defamed and her character impugned, I'm not surprised that Danny Shelton and his cohorts are now reaping what they sowed.

Pete

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Aug 11 2006, 11:35 AM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 11 2006, 12:54 AM
Post #14

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 11 2006, 01:12 AM) [snapback]144318[/snapback]

A young lady walked along a path in the woods. The sun was shining, and the birds were singing. she saw where someone had diverged from the path and created a shortcut. "Aha!" she said to herself. "I will save a little time here." The shortcut was heavily flowered, and the way looked even better than the established path. "See?" she thought, "Somone has finally become smarter than the people who run this forest, and created something that really works better for the denizens of the woods.

She walked merrily down the shortcut path enjoying the many flowers that didn't seem to grow on the regular path. "Oh, every body really should start following this path" she thought, "It is so much more efficient and the way to the end is so much quicker." Suddenly she found herself sinking in a quicksand bog. As she started to sink, she noticed that past the bog, the flowers were thick with thorns. turning her head, she finally noticed that so were the flowers that she had passed along her way. Grabbing at a thorny vine which tore her hands to shreds, she slowly pulled herself out of the quicksand, and hurried back to the main path. "I must warn the others" she thought.

As many people came along the path and noticed, with delight, the shortcut, she cried out, "Please, don't take the shortcut. those flowers you see are covered with thorns, and there is a quicksand bog in which you will drown. Please! Stay on the path!"

"This horrible woman is telling a bunch of rumors!" many of the people groused. "She is trying to keep a great thing from happening. Yes, she may have thought she experienced something bad, but we can see that this path is strewn with flowers, and it is a faster route to the destination. She is a rumor-mongering, tale-spreading hussie for saying such things about something that is such a blessing. Look at all the happy people walking down that path. She should be stoned for trying to divert us from the true path."

Many people walked down that path, were torn by thorns, and fell into the bog. Some pulled themeselves out by the thorny vine, and others sunk to their demise, choosing to believe they were still on the better path, and still shouting back that the path was beautiful.

Tremendous abuse was heaped on the woman who chose to warn the people about the shortcut, but many lives were saved by her warnings, and this, to her, was worth the abuse she suffered day after day.

A very appropriate parable, Beartrap!

+Quote Post
Chez
post Aug 11 2006, 01:15 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 10 2006, 11:04 PM) [snapback]144299[/snapback]

I just finished watching the two-hour "3ABN Live" program. I thought I heard Danny say, briefly, that he and Brandy were leaving 3ABN for an absence of two or three months.

This has the semblance of realistic weight when Mr. Shelton said it, himself, assuming I heard right.

My husband said that he thought that Danny and Brandy were taking three months leave of absence. I listened to most of "3ABN Live"; they sounded desparate or different. My husband who listens to 3ABN commented on something being wrong or some kind of problem. The truth is coming to the light. I have heard more (per capita) about funds for 3ABN today than ever before.

By the way, is Brandy on the program for training? They seem to be trying to encourage and/or include Brandy, but she does not seem to get it. [Something is missing.] There is trouble in paradise.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:27 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church