Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10408&st=150 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:55:16 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallible's questions regarding 3ABN, his observations and skepticism
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 24 2006, 05:18 PM
Post #151

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,058

I am directing this to anyone who can answer this question.

I have seen it many times in the past weeks, the reference to Danny being the "Face of Adventism" - I would agree this is a rather ridiculous claim as there really never was nor has there ever been a "Face of Adventism." There have been various prominent faces in all the years I have been an Adventist and there are the faces from the past - but at any given time I don't think there was a singular individual who would qualify as the "Face of Adventism."

SO my question is this, where exactly was this started? Does anyone know the first time it was used, who used it, what medium was used to float this phrase? Neither Danny nor Linda has ever been this "Face" and I do not think either would readily accept such a title.

- fhb

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fran
post Aug 24 2006, 07:06 PM
Post #152

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 24 2006, 06:18 PM) [snapback]147887[/snapback]

I am directing this to anyone who can answer this question.

I have seen it many times in the past weeks, the reference to Danny being the "Face of Adventism" - I would agree this is a rather ridiculous claim as there really never was nor has there ever been a "Face of Adventism." There have been various prominent faces in all the years I have been an Adventist and there are the faces from the past - but at any given time I don't think there was a singular individual who would qualify as the "Face of Adventism."

SO my question is this, where exactly was this started? Does anyone know the first time it was used, who used it, what medium was used to float this phrase? Neither Danny nor Linda has ever been this "Face" and I do not think either would readily accept such a title.

- fhb

Sounds like a lawsuit hunt here. Weren't me! I am a Seventh-day adventist! Danny's face is no where near my Seventh-day Advestist sights! I guess I do not compute.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 24 2006, 07:14 PM
Post #153

Advanced Member

Franny,

I asked a question because I want an answer for me - as amazing as that sounds, I want to know. So either you can tell me or you can't. Besides the insinuation of a lawsuit here is ludicrious. I want to know - IF someone is brainwashing anyone, trying to create a perception - WHO is doing it!!

Lay aside your anger and realize that there people coming here to have questions answered so they can come to some sort of a conclusion for themselves. I asked a legitimate question and I want an answer so I know where it came from. If there isn't an answer I am going to hunt it down somewhere eles!

- fhb

QUOTE(Fran @ Aug 24 2006, 08:06 PM) [snapback]147900[/snapback]

Sounds like a lawsuit hunt here. Weren't me! I am a Seventh-day adventist! Danny's face is no where near my Seventh-day Advestist sights! I guess I do not compute.

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Fran
post Aug 24 2006, 07:35 PM
Post #154

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 24 2006, 08:14 PM) [snapback]147902[/snapback]

Franny,

I asked a question because I want an answer for me - as amazing as that sounds, I want to know. So either you can tell me or you can't. Besides the insinuation of a lawsuit here is ludicrious. I want to know - IF someone is brainwashing anyone, trying to create a perception - WHO is doing it!!

Lay aside your anger and realize that there people coming here to have questions answered so they can come to some sort of a conclusion for themselves. I asked a legitimate question and I want an answer so I know where it came from. If there isn't an answer I am going to hunt it down somewhere eles!

- fhb

Anger? Who said I was angry? I didn't post in anger. Are you angry?

Let's say someone replies and says so & so did it. What does that have to do with the topic being discussed? None. Why not find some facts?

How will finding out who said this help you decide anything about Danny or Linda? You, yourself, said Danny or Linda probably wouldn't accept that comment. I still cannot understand why the question.

I am not angry, just stating my opinion.

By the way, I noticed you have been investigating. Where, oh where, is the Babe word? Why did you leave half off? roflmao.gif

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 24 2006, 07:44 PM
Post #155

Advanced Member

Franny,

In my search for answers you do not get to decide the questions I get to ask - you can provide answers for me, that is your choice. This is a question I am seeking an answer to. Either you can answer it or you can't.

As for the topic - I was banished to this space (that is tongue in cheek Clay), so this is where I decided to ask it - and since it didn't really fit anywhere else it makes sense.

You don't need to understand the question, you don't need to understand my process, you don't need to control it, "get it" or anything else. I asked a question stated what I thought about the whole concept and there you have it. Either you can answer it or you can not. First of all it isn't abot Danny or Linda - many others have been implicated here Bonnie, Shelly, Melody, Dr. Thompson, and other unnamed individuals - I am curious where this idea came from . . . if you pause a moment and realize that your answer (if you have one) can provide context in your favor you might answer.

Obviously your last statment is meant to draw something out of me because you have a suspicion of who I am - sorry - I have not a clue what you are talking about.

- fhb

QUOTE(Fran @ Aug 24 2006, 08:35 PM) [snapback]147904[/snapback]

Anger? Who said I was angry? I didn't post in anger. Are you angry?

Let's say someone replies and says so & so did it. What does that have to do with the topic being discussed? None. Why not find some facts?

How will finding out who said this help you decide anything about Danny or Linda? You, yourself, said Danny or Linda probably wouldn't accept that comment. I still cannot understand why the question.

I am not angry, just stating my opinion.

By the way, I noticed you have been investigating. Where, oh where, is the Babe word? Why did you leave half off? roflmao.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
post Aug 24 2006, 08:08 PM
Post #156

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 24 2006, 08:44 PM) [snapback]147905[/snapback]

Obviously your last statment is meant to draw something out of me because you have a suspicion of who I am - sorry - I have not a clue what you are talking about.

- fhb

Really? Your answer: I have not clue who first made that statement, and if I did, I would not tell you. Just so you will know it wasn't me. Yes, I believe I know from where you come! Happy hunting. Maybe, someone will answer you.

You do have a clue.

--------------------

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 24 2006, 09:12 PM
Post #157

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

Hey Fally (tongue in cheek),

I spent thirteen years at 3ABN and during that time I heard countless times from church members around the globe, church leaders, and 3ABN leaders that 3ABN is the face of Adventism to millions of people and Danny is the face of 3ABN. A fewer number of people said that Danny, as the face of 3ABN, is the face of the church to many people. The statement you are asking about predates the current issue by many years. It is not new. I hope this helps in your quest for answers.

The Bear

This post has been edited by beartrap: Aug 24 2006, 09:14 PM

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 24 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #158

Advanced Member

Thanks Bear,

I guess people need heros - someone "bigger" then they are. Hhhhmmm isn't that how we see God. In any event, it seemed as if the suggestion here was that someone recently had made this pronouncement and was attempting to instill it in the vernacular in order to create a perception.

I have had a few phone calls recently and things are growing clearer - phone calls from people I know and some that were out of the blue.

It seems that if the phrase predates the current situation that more than likely it was a comment that Danny and Linda were the face of Adventism - did that ever happen? Too bad we can't just say we are all the face of Adventism/Christianity . . . Danny and Linda were merely the most visible faces du jour (fr sp?) . . . 3ABN however, not the face, but the most far reaching voice for the faith we hold dear - it isn't to surprising that it has been seen as such.

Thanks for offering an answer.

-fhb

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 24 2006, 10:12 PM) [snapback]147927[/snapback]

Hey Fally (tongue in cheek),

I spent thirteen years at 3ABN and during that time I heard countless times from church members around the globe, church leaders, and 3ABN leaders that 3ABN is the face of Adventism to millions of people and Danny is the face of 3ABN. A fewer number of people said that Danny, as the face of 3ABN, is the face of the church to many people. The statement you are asking about predates the current issue by many years. It is not new. I hope this helps in your quest for answers.

The Bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 24 2006, 10:40 PM
Post #159

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

Ideally only Christ would be the face of Christianity, and of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, however, we live in the real world and reality is that those who purport to reflect Christ, and those who need someone to be their little graven image have turned Danny, Linda, Finley, Bachelor, you, or whoever into their own tin god. When it really gets ugly is when that little tin god accepts, and requires that worship, faith , and adulation. Human nature is such that this is inevitable on both sides. There have always been cult followers and leaders that feed off of each other.

+Quote Post
Barbara Kerr
post Aug 24 2006, 10:47 PM
Post #160

Member No.: 2,087

[quote name='fallible humanbeing' date='Aug 24 2006, 11:06 PM' post='147935']
Thanks Bear,

I guess people need heros - someone "bigger" then they are. Hhhhmmm isn't that how we see God. In any event, it seemed as if the suggestion here was that someone recently had made this pronouncement and was attempting to instill it in the vernacular in order to create a perception.

I have had a few phone calls recently and things are growing clearer - phone calls from people I know and some that were out of the blue.

It seems that if the phrase predates the current situation that more than likely it was a comment that Danny and Linda were the face of Adventism - did that ever happen? Too bad we can't just say we are all the face of Adventism/Christianity . . . Danny and Linda were merely the most visible faces du jour (fr sp?) . . . 3ABN however, not the face, but the most far reaching voice for the faith we hold dear - it isn't to surprising that it has been seen as such.

Thanks for offering an answer.

-fhb

Hi Danny,
I imagine that you are receiving a lot of phone calls now. I'm sure you are making a lot of them too.

I'm not really sure why you are pursuing this "face of Adventism" thing, other than to try to draw Linda right back into the picture with you for some reason. Interesting.............

Yes, you are what I refer to as "the poster child" for the Adventist church. I've called you that for a long time now and as beartrap pointed out, the reference predates anything happening on this forum now.

Danny, if you're curious as to why your face is the most visible one out there, it's because you make it the most visible face out there. You are the only president of a major network that is continuously in front of the camera. Look around. You don't see the president of ABC, CBS & NBC in front of the cameras day and night. (I'll give you Pat Robertson though -- he's always there)

I do find it interesting that you don't like the title now. Why not? I would think that you would be flattered. Of course, I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out why you do the things you do.

Barbara Kerr

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Sep 2 2006, 11:57 AM
Post #161

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

[
JustTana,

In order to make sure I understand your post let me ask, Are you making any connection between the troubles in Danny and Kay's marriage and her death in the accident? Are you in any way suggesting that Danny killed his wife?

I want to be clear and online communication can often leave to mucxh to the imagination.

- fallible
[/quote]

fallible:

Sorry for the delay. I've been in the hospital and did not know this thread had grown so much. Anyway, there was a great deal of speculation regarding Kay's death after it was reported that there were no skid marks on the pavement, even though it was also reported that Kay said, "OH, no!" just before impact. It only makes sense that that report would have come from Melody. What happened to the police reports and was there an examination of the brakes after the accident? I do not know the answers to these questions, but I know that police reports are sometimes changed if enough money exchanges hands. Was that done here? Again, I do not know but there are enough questions about the whole situation that I am really curious about the answers. Who knows? Only God.

JustTana

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church