Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10408&st=135 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:55:30 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallible's questions regarding 3ABN, his observations and skepticism
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 23 2006, 09:12 PM
Post #136

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Observer @ Aug 23 2006, 08:36 PM) [snapback]147617[/snapback]

You said: "She could have had Brenda for instance handle communiques with her son's Dr. "

such a statement could only come from someone who does not understand the dynamics involved in the treatment required for someone with addictions.

The family, must be treated, as a unit. All are involved, and the treatment is most effective when all family members are involved. Danny hindered the treatment by not being involved. Linda was required to be involved.

This is also the word of someone that doesn't truly love their children enough to do whatever is necessary for them.....

...like I said.....keep talking......

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Truly Blonde
post Aug 23 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #137

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,160

I have read all of the posts that have to do with 3abn and I have to say that I really don't understand. Fallible, at first I was convinced you were Danny. Now I wonder if you are just trying to deceive us. Be that as it may there are always two sides to every story. My question is this. If the story is true about Melody why in heaven's name did Linda marry Danny? Most mothers would do anything to protect their daughters. The only reason I can think of is that she wanted the fame and glory that comes with world wide reconition (sp). Also when she found out about Alyssa what kept her from going to the courts? Being afraid of Danny and his gang and going through a divorce does not let a mother off the hook when it comes to child molestation. I don't care what risks a person has to take. This is a serious crime and a mother who doesn't go to the authorities is just at much at fault as the pepetrator of the crime. Now we add Brandi to the mix and here is another chance for a crime to be committed. I think these are all sick sick people. We need to pray for them. We need to do something!!! If for no other reason then this Danny should not be the head of 3 abn.

This post has been edited by Truly Blonde: Aug 23 2006, 10:50 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 23 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #138

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Such a statement could only from someone who doesn't know what it is to be a parent with a sick child. Had Brenda hand commniques? I want to see the hands of the mothers and fathers on this site who would have done this?
QUOTE(Observer @ Aug 23 2006, 05:36 PM) [snapback]147617[/snapback]

You said: "She could have had Brenda for instance handle communiques with her son's Dr. "

such a statement could only come from someone who does not understand the dynamics involved in the treatment required for someone with addictions.
The family, must be treated, as a unit. All are involved, and the treatment is most effective when all family members are involved. Danny hindered the treatment by not being involved. Linda was required to be involved.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 23 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #139

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Before I go deeper I gonna ask a question (rhetorical)....

Is Brenda the child's bio-Mother? Is Brenda the child's Grandmother?

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 23 2006, 11:17 PM
Post #140

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 23 2006, 04:13 PM) [snapback]147576[/snapback]

this is not just about a break up of a marriage, it is about the intergrity of Danny and 3ABN.

Exactly! spoton.gif

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 23 2006, 11:26 PM
Post #141

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 23 2006, 11:16 PM) [snapback]147639[/snapback]

Such a statement could only from someone who doesn't know what it is to be a parent with a sick child. Had Brenda hand commniques? I want to see the hands of the mothers and fathers on this site who would have done this?

Dead on Di! That's why I asked this.....

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 23 2006, 11:58 PM) [snapback]147646[/snapback]

Before I go deeper I gonna ask a question (rhetorical)....

Is Brenda the child's bio-Mother? Is Brenda the child's Grandmother?

..because this is the only reason I could "understand" Brenda getting involved in another woman's child's healthcare crisis...and not the BIOLOGICAL MOTHER - unless she was incapacitated....

Was Linda in a coma due to an accident? If not - why was it even suggested that Brenda handle Linda's child's crisis?

Oh...

Because Danny said so.... dunno.gif

The "hot mess" jes gets deeper and deeper.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 23 2006, 11:34 PM
Post #142

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

Truly Blonde, I'm afraid you're forgetting the time line!!

Linda married Dan more than 20 years ago. There was no 3ABN at that time! Linda was a co-founder of 3ABN! So there was no "world-wide recognition" to be gained by marrying Dan Shelton. You appear to have bought in to the lie that 3ABN was founded by Dan Shelton alone ...

You are also assuming that Dan must have told Linda that Melody slept with him, and I'm guessing that is an incorrect assumption.

As for when she found out about her daughter -- you are again assuming that she found out when it happened. If you had paid better attention, you would know that this is not so. (Read Barbara Kerr's letter.) You do not know whether things are being taken to the courts. It also depends on the wishes of the victim who is now legally an adult. Thus her mother can no longer decide for her.

QUOTE(Truly Blonde @ Aug 23 2006, 11:16 PM) [snapback]147638[/snapback]

If the story is true about Melody why in heaven's name did Linda marry Danny? Most mothers would do anything to protect their daughters. The only reason I can think of is that she wanted the fame and glory that comes with world wide reconition (sp). Also when she found out about XXX what kept her from going to the courts? Being afraid of Danny and his gang and going through a divorce does not let a mother off the hook when it comes to child molestation. I don't care what risks a person has to take. This is a serious crime and a mother who doesn't go to the authorities is just at much at fault as the pepetrator of the crime. Now we add Brandi to the mix and here is another chance for a crime to be committed. I think these are all sick sick people. We need to pray for them. We need to do something!!! If for no other reason then this Danny should not be the head of 3 abn.

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 23 2006, 11:55 PM
Post #143

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

Chez,

You asked, "If he was hurt, why air the dirty laundry globally?" - I think you answered your own question there. When someone has wronged us, for most the instant reaction is how can I defend myself - by striking back. In most cases that is done with words, in others people actually physically strike out. Our sinful nature says, you hurt me so I will hurt you back. Danny's responses, in my mind, indicates that there was genuine emotional pain. If he wasn't hurt why bother with Linda, why even give her words and actions credence?

An acquaintance of mine has been involved in a divorce that has taken four years (so far) and for her personally almost 30K dollars in attorney fees. I listen to her talk about the situation and so much of it is a constant back and forth between them because they are both still in so much emotional pain that they can't stop trying to hurt the other one more than they hurt. Consider this for a moment, if you were in Danny's shoes wouldn't it come to mind that one way to certainly hurt Linda would be to try and cut her off from her friends?

I don't for a second condone that kind of action or any other that leads to causing another person loss or pain. My point here is not to defend Danny, but to point out that there is plenty of blame to go around and we really don't need to heap coals on the fire by aiding in continuing the strife.

You claim that Danny has been getting "his people" to "take care" of Linda. Do you have documented proof that he has done this. Have you heard him say it, are their emails with this directive? What is the evidence? Or are you simply making a generalized speculation that this is what has happened? Is it possible that some of the people that are working at 3ABN have taken it upon themselves to "send a message" through their time on air - sure that is possible. Can you prove it? I posit you can not, without a healthy dose of speculation and assuming you know the mind of the individual.

Just for the record, I do not believe Danny is a victim as he is responsible for his action - as is Linda responsible for hers.

- fhb

QUOTE(Chez @ Aug 23 2006, 02:41 PM) [snapback]147563[/snapback]

Fallible, my issue with the speculation of Danny's victimization is that Danny publically, that is, globally called Linda and those associated with her less than Christian names. If he was hurt, why air the dirty laundry globally? Why set about persecuting not only her, but anyone who seemed to be friendly or civil toward her? I am happily married and I have had friends who have gone through a divorce. However, I have never received retribution from any of them when I showed friendliness to the exiting or ex-spouse. His public/global reaction that included getting his "people' to take care of (in a negative manner) Linda and her cohorts was/ is far from Christlike--far from civil behavior.

I don't see Danny as the victim; I do see him as the bully and his cronies who agreed with him are co-conspirators. It is sad that all of this is done in the name of Christ.

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 24 2006, 12:22 AM
Post #144

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

Di,

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 23 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]147557[/snapback]

. . . Danny and his people have done ALL of the talking and accusing . . .

Is this accurate? Has Linda truly not discussed her side of the story with no one? Now, what if when her severance ends (someone mentioned 4 more payments so I am guessing that means 4 more months) she "goes public" with her case against Danny - what will the end result be? Will that just be a new chapter of pain for both of them.

There has been much mention of Danny acknowledging his failings and making amends. Does this make him unloveable? Unforgivable? Jesus' admonition to Peter to forgive 70 x 7 doesn't come with a caveat that first the offending individual must apologize. Earlier today I made this point, who are we to demand Danny's or Linda's apology for anything they did - we can not hold them accountable, it is God's work to do this.

So then, if we look at the accusations here and for a moment consider that where the divorce and subsequent name calling and finger pointing are concerned, we can do no more than pray for each. Pray the holy Spirit works in their hearts and breaks them at the foot of the Cross so they can make the peace between them they both need.

What does that leave. The issues that have been raised about Danny and his behavior with certain employees and others outside the bounds of 3ABN. As I said a day or so ago - where is the documentation? Where are the primary sources? Without these there is only the word of a few former employees and those who feel they are providing a truthful witness. Are there just as many who have had interactions and dealings with Danny who bear witness to an entirely different reality? Who do we believe?

Is there an ongoing investigation in regards to the affidavit in regards to the molestation charge? If there is there should be something that can be provided to show this is an ongoing situation or not. The affidavit itself with the individuals name removed would lend credence to the charge.

I know that it seems as if I am defending Danny - again, I am not defending his poor choices and unChristian behavior. But neither am I going to defend Linda for hers either. Just admit that they both have erred occassionally in dealing with each other and with other people.

- fhb

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 24 2006, 06:31 AM
Post #145

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 24 2006, 07:55 AM) [snapback]147660[/snapback]

Chez,

- - -

You claim that Danny has been getting "his people" to "take care" of Linda. Do you have documented proof that he has done this. Have you heard him say it, are their emails with this directive? What is the evidence? Or are you simply making a generalized speculation that this is what has happened? Is it possible that some of the people that are working at 3ABN have taken it upon themselves to "send a message" through their time on air - sure that is possible. Can you prove it? I posit you can not, without a healthy dose of speculation and assuming you know the mind of the individual.

Just for the record, I do not believe Danny is a victim as he is responsible for his action - as is Linda responsible for hers.

- fhb

I was in constant communication both with Linda and Danny through the whole divorce process. There is plenty of documentation - e-mail - to prove this.

Just a few days ago I tried to find out again what the strongest proof is that the board heard as a reason for firing Linda. The real proof, according to this source, was a recording Danny made of a phone conversation Linda had. I was told Linda was in her car when this recording was made, so it seems evident Danny had planted a spy microphone in her car.

Danny has been questioned about this recording. To one he stated that he has not played it to others, but merely given them a written account of what Linda said. But Linda said nothing compromising. Danny insists that what is more important is his comments to her tone of voice, adn what she did not say in that phone conversation.

That man must have been desperate to get a Biblical mandate to marry his Brandy!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
justme
post Aug 24 2006, 06:59 AM
Post #146

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 24 2006, 08:31 AM) [snapback]147677[/snapback]

I was in constant communication both with Linda and Danny through the whole divorce process. There is plenty of documentation - e-mail - to prove this.

Just a few days ago I tried to find out again what the strongest proof is that the board heard as a reason for firing Linda. The real proof, according to this source, was a recording Danny made of a phone conversation Linda had. I was told Linda was in her car when this recording was made, so it seems evident Danny had planted a spy microphone in her car.

Danny has been questioned about this recording. To one he stated that he has not played it to others, but merely given them a written account of what Linda said. But Linda said nothing compromising. Danny insists that what is more important is his comments to her tone of voice, adn what she did not say in that phone conversation.

That man must have been desperate to get a Biblical mandate to marry his Brandy!

Drunk on "Brandy"?
Has anyone noticed that, when “Danny’s supporters”, and Danny himself, posts comments, they require EXACT emails, exactly “WHO” said what, and “Exactly when”, “Specifically Where?” and so on … But when they/he try to present their side, in spite of all the hundreds of hours of “undercover” spies they have hired, in spite of all the “tag-along-witnesses”. (i.e. sending Brenda along with Linda to Europe to keep an eye on Linda and report something “juicy”) that still they were able to produce nothing that qualifies as “evidence” according to the standards of evidence that they demand in here, day after day.

Obviously they are looking for someone to go after to smear, to destroy, to blackmail into silence. Is there anything they can :pin down right now?, early on?, to ease their fears of what may be coming?”, something they can take to court, or to keep out of court.

Is there a sexual complaint case pending? Boy wouldn’t they like to know? And as soon as possible. Maybe they could throw money in form of a “settlement towards silencing” the victim. They assume everybody has a price, because they do. What was Danny’s price for betraying his commission before God?

Food for thought?

+Quote Post
Chez
post Aug 24 2006, 11:40 AM
Post #147

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(justme @ Aug 24 2006, 07:59 AM) [snapback]147685[/snapback]

Drunk on "Brandy"?
Has anyone noticed that, when “Danny’s supporters”, and Danny himself, posts comments, they require EXACT emails, exactly “WHO” said what, and “Exactly when”, “Specifically Where?” and so on … But when they/he try to present their side, in spite of all the hundreds of hours of “undercover” spies they have hired, in spite of all the “tag-along-witnesses”. (i.e. sending Brenda along with Linda to Europe to keep an eye on Linda and report something “juicy”) that still they were able to produce nothing that qualifies as “evidence” according to the standards of evidence that they demand in here, day after day.

Obviously they are looking for someone to go after to smear, to destroy, to blackmail into silence. Is there anything they can :pin down right now?, early on?, to ease their fears of what may be coming?”, something they can take to court, or to keep out of court.

Is there a sexual complaint case pending? Boy wouldn’t they like to know? And as soon as possible. Maybe they could throw money in form of a “settlement towards silencing” the victim. They assume everybody has a price, because they do. What was Danny’s price for betraying his commission before God?

Food for thought?

They are getting desparate.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 24 2006, 11:45 AM
Post #148

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(justme @ Aug 24 2006, 07:59 AM) [snapback]147685[/snapback]

What was Danny’s price for betraying his commission before God?

Food for thought?

Does 30 pieces of silver get one a jet these days?

Just wondering... dunno.gif

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Truly Blonde
post Aug 24 2006, 04:37 PM
Post #149

Advanced Member

QUOTE(inga @ Aug 23 2006, 10:34 PM) [snapback]147658[/snapback]

Truly Blonde, I'm afraid you're forgetting the time line!!

Linda married Dan more than 20 years ago. There was no 3ABN at that time! Linda was a co-founder of 3ABN! So there was no "world-wide recognition" to be gained by marrying Dan Shelton. You appear to have bought in to the lie that 3ABN was founded by Dan Shelton alone ...

You are also assuming that Dan must have told Linda that Melody slept with him, and I'm guessing that is an incorrect assumption.

As for when she found out about her daughter -- you are again assuming that she found out when it happened. If you had paid better attention, you would know that this is not so. (Read Barbara Kerr's letter.) You do not know whether things are being taken to the courts. It also depends on the wishes of the victim who is now legally an adult. Thus her mother can no longer decide for her.

+Quote Post
Truly Blonde
post Aug 24 2006, 04:53 PM
Post #150

Advanced Member

Sorry Inga I guess that is why I am Truly Blonde. I thought I read somewhere that The wife to be when she found out about Melody confronted Danny and he continued with the same behavior. I do not know when Linda found out about Alyssa. I was just wondering if anyone knew if legal action was being taken. To me this is worse then what Danny is doing to Linda. I agree that there has been a lot of mud slinging by Danny and his gang and I cringe when I hear people say he is the face of the church. I have watched 3abn for at least four years and I have to admit that I don't usually watch the programs that he is on. I watch Dr. Bohr, Dough Batchelor, The pastor from Moses Lake etc. I have watched house calls a few times but I really don't care for John Lomancang. I love his singing voice though. I watched a program with a group of people that Mollie was leading out in and to me it was just a fund raiser type program. They obviously pick and choose what e-mails they read as my husband asked a question about grace and they never even addressed it. I to would like to know if any of the former employees have any hard evidence of the things they are accusing Danny and his gang about. I don't need to know what the e-mails say just do you have anything or is all just hearsay? This is second party info. A lady in our church visited another church and Linda happened to be at that church. I don't know if she was speaking or just visiting but after church she talked to my friend and she went on and out about Danny and the things he had done to her. My friend said she was really shocked and thought she should get on with life. As far as I know my friend knows nothing about the things i have read here just the things she has heard from Danny and his gang. Don't know if she would have responded differently if she knew. The point being that Linda is talking maybe not like Danny but she is talking. Once again I think it is more important about the criminal things he is doing then if he has asked Linda for forgiveness for the way he has treated her. Also a question---the people on this thread who have worked for 3abn do any of them have any legal recourse in the handeling of their departurers or is it a case of they are too afraid of Danny to do anything? What about a class action suit. Maybe if everyone banded together they could get something done.

Just a thought Truly Blonde

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church