Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10408&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:55:28 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallible's questions regarding 3ABN, his observations and skepticism
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 22 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #121

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 22 2006, 04:38 PM) [snapback]147321[/snapback]

....Don't know if any of this raises your hackles - but then again I have been pegged by a so called "Dr" as "not quite right" . . . so take it with a grain of salt . . .

The "so-called Dr." is currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology. I am in my last full semester of classwork and only have internship/dissertation to complete my studies. I already hold a Masters and work as a Child and Adolescent Therapist. (This also works well w/ those adults that act like children...) She can diagnose (per her MS) and has diagnosed per her experience online with rhetoric and has determined that you are not "QUITE RIGHT" mentally....

Now - what mental disorder do you have?

scratchchin.gif

That I have yet to determine exactly...

Keep talking Fallible.... folks on the board know....I'm good at diagnosis.... and have no problem putting my Masters and pending License on it.....

This post has been edited by PrincessDrRe: Aug 22 2006, 08:59 PM

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 23 2006, 06:55 AM
Post #122

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 23 2006, 04:43 AM) [snapback]147382[/snapback]

The "so-called Dr." is currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology. I am in my last full semester of classwork and only have internship/dissertation to complete my studies. I already hold a Masters and work as a Child and Adolescent Therapist. (This also works well w/ those adults that act like children...) She can diagnose (per her MS) and has diagnosed per her experience online with rhetoric and has determined that you are not "QUITE RIGHT" mentally....

Now - what mental disorder do you have?

scratchchin.gif

That I have yet to determine exactly...

Keep talking Fallible.... folks on the board know....I'm good at diagnosis.... and have no problem putting my Masters and pending License on it.....

will you diclose your fees? What does fallible owe you?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 23 2006, 07:55 AM
Post #123

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 23 2006, 07:55 AM) [snapback]147425[/snapback]

will you diclose your fees? What does fallible owe you?

Charity work for those that just can't help themselves....

scratchchin.gif - still looking at repetition within the writings. Should have a pending diagnosis within two-three days...

scratchchin.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 23 2006, 08:41 AM
Post #124

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

Mornin' Clay,

You are right, you pressed that question rather vigorously when last we chatted. I am pretty sure that I agreed with you, that IF Linda has been treated the way she has portrayed it, then yes she was treted in an unChristian way. But, in a full dialogue on the subject you have to ask - Has Danny been treated with any less an unChristian spirit in the past year? To answer no would indicate the the responder believes that in any relationship if something goes wrong it is only one persons "fault" therefore only one person should be made to "pay." They have BOTH paid dearly. In all reality if Danny's heart is still true to the mission presented to him in the beginning (and I believe it is) he may very well have to step back or step down to give 3ABN a firm enough footing to continue forward in spreading the message. God continues to bless 3ABN behind the scenes and He continues to reach many people through it's continued broadcasts. This will be a very difficult and heart breaking action - just as Linda's removal from the ministry she helped begin was heart breaking. For both it is like losing a loved one, losing a child - and there are very strong and deep emotions in both instances.

As to the relationship issue, I've been there, been through divorce and I know personally that there were the things I was responsible for and then things my Ex was responsible for. It was no less painful for either one of us. I remember watching 3ABN programming before the roof caved in and seeing a growing tension between Danny and Linda. It was obvious that both were seeking more influence and control and things were not right off the set. The visible aspects of the disintigration of a marriage are only symptoms of much deeper problems in the relationship. The true worm that is turning is hidden behind the closed doors of the home and that is what is never seen - but most needs to be cured. We can hear the alleged slanderous accusations flying from all sides but the truth of why the marriage fell apart is something only those two know - and I feel safe in saying, will not divulge.

Both sides are hurt and angry and have lashed out - it happens in most divorces. I said things that later I went back and made right and there were things said about me that so extremely spurious and hurtful. Unless you have been there you just can not understand.

So, given your feelings about the perceived treatment of Linda - does that justify crucifying Danny and rallying around a cry to end 3ABN? (I am not accusing you of this, but asking the question in a larger context as it applys to all of these threads.) If the people who need to know, do - and ultimately God knows and is in control - then why not let it play out in a less public way so that BOTH Linda and Danny can have some respite from the public floggings and begin the healing process they both so desperately need.

Another question, someone in another thread insinuated that 3ABN's drop from Skyangel was akin to an act of God - maybe even His sign that it should disappear. Could it be that it happened because God wanted to give everyone time to heal in a less visible way. The whole issue of dealing with the satellite provider was really a board issue to deal with since they approve contracts of that nature. This "down time" might very well have been necessary so that Danny and Linda could heal in a more private way - but here is the church body desperately seeking the public airing of everyones dirty linens. I dare say it is the church body is has kept this going and has not let them work through the grief process and begin to heal.

Again - my thoughts, take it all with a grain of salt.

- fhb

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 22 2006, 08:35 PM) [snapback]147364[/snapback]

3abn can go or stay... my initial interest in this was the treatment of Linda... if you remember during our last ummmm "discussion" the point I emphasized was simply even IF Linda had done everything she was accused of doing, she should not have been treated as she was.....

I don't necessarily believe 3abn was raised up by God, I mean I don't know that.... it is a business and that's how I see it... obviously its meeting the needs of someone..... but my concern was how Linda was treated...

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 23 2006, 08:50 AM
Post #125

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Fallible.... you have a point... or two.... in a divorce there is usually enough blame to go around.... I guess because I am a male, and married I see my responsibility to be greater when it comes to my family.... greater in the sense that even if say my marriage was not to work out for whatever reason, I should take the high road and not embarrass my wife or lay out for the world what I think she may have done....

Has Mr. Shelton's skeletons been exposed... I think they have... however that is his fault in my opinion... had he done things quietly and morally then it would not have come to this... if you think you have grounds for divorce why go to Guam and seek to get said divorce?

As for 3abn being removed from a satellite provider being God's will.... I won't sign off on all that... sometimes stuff happens.... so who knows....

As for the ministry of 3abn, its a business, and carries itself like a business... consequently I don't believe everything that those talking heads say when I tune in.... which is not often...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 23 2006, 09:01 AM
Post #126

Advanced Member

Clay,

Very true. When I married I had no intention of ever speaking harshly against my wife. However in the pain of the divorce process I did say things I regreted saying and when the pain had subsided a bit and I could see more clearly I made ammends. Again, your desire is the desire of most men when they marry - but the reality of the end of a marriage is worse than one can imagine.

Belaboring the point of the divorce in Guam I don't think has merit in the overall discussion here. Not that I think your response isn't valid, I just think it was a knee jerk reaction to attempt to keep it as quiet and make it go as quickly as possible so as not to disrupt either of their lives more than was already the case. Now, if Linda says she didn't want it why didn't she make the extreme efforts to banish all potentially misconstrued happenings in her life? She could have had Brenda for instance handle communiques with her son's Dr. - yes, that would have been hard because it was her child, but sometimes we have to take the hard road in order to keep our lives in sync with God. My point here is not to get into a "point-counterpoint" dance with you, rather it is to balance it out by indicating that while Danny is not with blame - neither is Linda . . . and both have acted in a less than Christian manner at times since the divorce.

In western society is there anyway for any of these ministries to operate as anythign but a business? Tax law dictates that you have to some identity as a business of some sorts in oder for the government to get its cut of what you bring in - "for profit", not for profit", there is always a business classification for these entities.

And I agree, sometime stuff just happens, but even your insurance policy classfies a bunch of stuff as "acts of God."

- fhb

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 23 2006, 09:50 AM) [snapback]147471[/snapback]

Fallible.... you have a point... or two.... in a divorce there is usually enough blame to go around.... I guess because I am a male, and married I see my responsibility to be greater when it comes to my family.... greater in the sense that even if say my marriage was not to work out for whatever reason, I should take the high road and not embarrass my wife or lay out for the world what I think she may have done....

Has Mr. Shelton's skeletons been exposed... I think they have... however that is his fault in my opinion... had he done things quietly and morally then it would not have come to this... if you think you have grounds for divorce why go to Guam and seek to get said divorce?

As for 3abn being removed from a satellite provider being God's will.... I won't sign off on all that... sometimes stuff happens.... so who knows....

As for the ministry of 3abn, its a business, and carries itself like a business... consequently I don't believe everything that those talking heads say when I tune in.... which is not often...

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 23 2006, 09:07 AM
Post #127

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 23 2006, 10:01 AM) [snapback]147480[/snapback]

Clay,

Very true. When I married I had no intention of ever speaking harshly against my wife. However in the pain of the divorce process I did say things I regreted saying and when the pain had subsided a bit and I could see more clearly I made ammends. Again, your desire is the desire of most men when they marry - but the reality of the end of a marriage is worse than one can imagine.

Belaboring the point of the divorce in Guam I don't think has merit in the overall discussion here. Not that I think your response isn't valid, I just think it was a knee jerk reaction to attempt to keep it as quiet and make it go as quickly as possible so as not to disrupt either of their lives more than was already the case. Now, if Linda says she didn't want it why didn't she make the extreme efforts to banish all potentially misconstrued happenings in her life? She could have had Brenda for instance handle communiques with her son's Dr. - yes, that would have been hard because it was her child, but sometimes we have to take the hard road in order to keep our lives in sync with God. My point here is not to get into a "point-counterpoint" dance with you, rather it is to balance it out by indicating that while Danny is not with blame - neither is Linda . . . and both have acted in a less than Christian manner at times since the divorce.

In western society is there anyway for any of these ministries to operate as anythign but a business? Tax law dictates that you have to some identity as a business of some sorts in oder for the government to get its cut of what you bring in - "for profit", not for profit", there is always a business classification for these entities.

And I agree, sometime stuff just happens, but even your insurance policy classfies a bunch of stuff as "acts of God."

- fhb

good points.... and because we can only evaluate "actions" its difficult to know whats really going on... it like a basketball game and the referee calls a foul on a player... the ref may have seen the foul he called but didn't see the foul that happened before it committed by the other player... sometimes we can only call what we see... a person wiser than I said usually when a relationship fails it is the responsibility of two people not just one.... usually...

--------------------

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 23 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #128

Advanced Member

Clay,

A very valid metaphor - the only promblem is this: You and I have the luxury of sitting in our comfy chairs at home and watching the slow motion replay on television. We see both fouls. We don't even have to be front row center court. On the other hand, as it pertains to the situations at 3ABN we don't have instant replay - we don't even have the luxury of seeing the events happen. We hear about them, far to often second and third person removed from the actual events.

As for a sports metaphor for this situation I like Babe Ruth's last World Series homerun in Chicago in '32. The lengend has it that he called his shot before hitting the homerun. However, after all was said and done and the interviews were printed here is what was said:

Yankee manager Joe McCarthy: "To tell the truth I didn't see him point anywhere at all. But, maybe I turned my head for a moment."

Yankee pitcher Geroge Pipgras: "The Babe pointed out to right field and that's where he hit the ball."

Babe Ruth: "I didn't point to any spot like the flagpole. I just sorta waved at the whole fence, but that was foolish enough."

Years later film footage of the game showed that Ruth was probably not signiallying to the bleachers at all, but was instead pointing to the Cubs bench.

So do we know what happened. No, not for sure. There was no television broadcast and even the film isnt clear enough to really see - not to mention the most important part, we don't have a clue what Ruth was thinking at the moment.

We can't know the truth in their (Linda and Danny) hearts - but we can find ways to ease their pain. We can allow them to work this out in private (as much as that is possible at this point) in their time AND encourage them to do just that. Make amends, heal the wounds, and rebuild their lives. This is my point all along - nothing is accomplished by medeing out kangaroo court justice - which is all everyone outside the situaton can do.

- fhb

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 23 2006, 10:07 AM) [snapback]147482[/snapback]

good points.... and because we can only evaluate "actions" its difficult to know whats really going on... it like a basketball game and the referee calls a foul on a player... the ref may have seen the foul he called but didn't see the foul that happened before it committed by the other player... sometimes we can only call what we see... a person wiser than I said usually when a relationship fails it is the responsibility of two people not just one.... usually...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 23 2006, 11:28 AM
Post #129

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 23 2006, 11:40 AM) [snapback]147517[/snapback]

Clay,

A very valid metaphor - the only promblem is this: You and I have the luxury of sitting in our comfy chairs at home and watching the slow motion replay on television. We see both fouls. We don't even have to be front row center court. On the other hand, as it pertains to the situations at 3ABN we don't have instant replay - we don't even have the luxury of seeing the events happen. We hear about them, far to often second and third person removed from the actual events.

As for a sports metaphor for this situation I like Babe Ruth's last World Series homerun in Chicago in '32. The lengend has it that he called his shot before hitting the homerun. However, after all was said and done and the interviews were printed here is what was said:

Yankee manager Joe McCarthy: "To tell the truth I didn't see him point anywhere at all. But, maybe I turned my head for a moment."

Yankee pitcher Geroge Pipgras: "The Babe pointed out to right field and that's where he hit the ball."

Babe Ruth: "I didn't point to any spot like the flagpole. I just sorta waved at the whole fence, but that was foolish enough."

Years later film footage of the game showed that Ruth was probably not signiallying to the bleachers at all, but was instead pointing to the Cubs bench.

So do we know what happened. No, not for sure. There was no television broadcast and even the film isnt clear enough to really see - not to mention the most important part, we don't have a clue what Ruth was thinking at the moment.

We can't know the truth in their (Linda and Danny) hearts - but we can find ways to ease their pain. We can allow them to work this out in private (as much as that is possible at this point) in their time AND encourage them to do just that. Make amends, heal the wounds, and rebuild their lives. This is my point all along - nothing is accomplished by medeing out kangaroo court justice - which is all everyone outside the situaton can do.

- fhb

that's fine... its like a negotiated ceasefire.... it only lasts until one of the warring sides shoots again... I saw a piece of the live 3abn broadcast in which those employed by Mr. Shelton suggested that he is like Moses, and other annointed leaders found in the bible.... and that he had been seduced by a Salome like female....

I have no problem letting folks heal, however you have the issue of those who have been personally mistreated by Mr. Shelton.... where is their justice and what form will their healing take?

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 23 2006, 01:07 PM
Post #130

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Another thing that comes to mind here, is that Fallible you keep saying that Danny is being mistreated in some say. Now, I don't see it that way. Danny is only being asked to make amends or at least acknowledge and apologize for the sins he has committed towards Linda, and others. It is my experience that those who offend and are intentionally or unintentionally clueless to the damaged they have caused, often play the victim. After they have decided that they have "moved on" from the situation, they genuinely feel attacked if they are asked acknowledge in some way their still unresolved offenses. Often leaving many, many emotionally bleeding victims in their wake.

Your reasoning makes Danny a victim in this tragedy also. This is not true, no more that we all falling victim to sin , most often intentionally. Danny and his people have done ALL of the talking and accusing. As late as two weeks ago Shelly Quinn was comparing Linda nd her daughter to Herodias and Salome, and Danny to John the Baptist. Point is, Fallible, Danny not being attacked is only being asked, as a leader iun SDA christian living(by his own admission) to answer for his un Christ-like behavior and the many offenses he has commited, especially in the last two years. He is palying the victim, because, he sees himeself as "moved on" and he has created a new reality for himself in which those unresolved offenses are highly rationalized or no longer exist.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Chez
post Aug 23 2006, 01:41 PM
Post #131

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 23 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]147557[/snapback]

Another thing that comes to mind here, is that Fallible you keep saying that Danny is being mistreated in some say. Now, I don't see it that way. Danny is only being asked to make amends or at least acknowledge and apologize for the sins he has committed towards Linda, and others. It is my experience that those who offend and are intentionally or unintentionally clueless to the damaged they have caused, often play the victim. After they have decided that they have "moved on" from the situation, they genuinely feel attacked if they are asked acknowledge in some way their still unresolved offenses. Often leaving many, many emotionally bleeding victims in their wake.

Your reasoning makes Danny a victim in this tragedy also. This is not true, no more that we all falling victim to sin , most often intentionally. Danny and his people have done ALL of the talking and accusing. As late as two weeks ago Shelly Quinn was comparing Linda nd her daughter to Herodias and Salome, and Danny to John the Baptist. Point is, Fallible, Danny not being attacked is only being asked, as a leader iun SDA christian living(by his own admission) to answer for his un Christ-like behavior and the many offenses he has commited, especially in the last two years. He is palying the victim, because, he sees himeself as "moved on" and he has created a new reality for himself in which those unresolved offenses are highly rationalized or no longer exist.

Fallible, my issue with the speculation of Danny's victimization is that Danny publically, that is, globally called Linda and those associated with her less than Christian names. If he was hurt, why air the dirty laundry globally? Why set about persecuting not only her, but anyone who seemed to be friendly or civil toward her? I am happily married and I have had friends who have gone through a divorce. However, I have never received retribution from any of them when I showed friendliness to the exiting or ex-spouse. His public/global reaction that included getting his "people' to take care of (in a negative manner) Linda and her cohorts was/ is far from Christlike--far from civil behavior.

I don't see Danny as the victim; I do see him as the bully and his cronies who agreed with him are co-conspirators. It is sad that all of this is done in the name of Christ.

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 23 2006, 02:41 PM
Post #132

Advanced Member

Di,

I don't intend for you to see it my way, I have no problem with the fact that we are on opposite sides here - that is the way it is in most dialogues. I realize that my words may be interpreted as being designed to prop Danny up as a victim, they are not. I have no doubts that Danny did things that were detrimental to the marriage, that he did things that were damaging during the divorce process, that he did things that have hurt Linda and others. My continued point is this - none of this is one sided. Now I have to make it clear that I do not constantly watch 3ABN and can not vouch for every moment Danny has been on since the divorce process began. I do find it hard to believe that he blatently singled Linda out, naming her by name and "trashed" her to the world.

There have been other times in its history, even while Linda was there, that 3ABN has come underfire for one reason or another - the Devil will continue to try new avenues until he finds one that will bring a person or an agency of God down (and we all have the Hope of Jesus to over come each one he tries with us).

The break of a marrige is ugly. As I mentioned before I have been there. To my hearts chagrin I slung arrows. At the same time I was pelted with many myself. I keep hearing over and over that Danny did this, and Danny did that - and though I feel far to many of the accusations that have been leveled here are unsubstantiated, I am not naive enough to fail to admit that I have no doubt there are some that are true. What I don't see present is an admission that Linda has slung her own set of arrows at individuals and though they may have flown a little more subtly, they none-the-less have. I understand your cry for acknowledgement and the making of amends, but who are we to demand it? We can want it, we can pray for it, we can counsel to the parties that that would be God's greatest desire. But, we can never make either one of them acknowledge their failings and apologize.

I know you want Linda to heal and to be able to move forward in her life and ministry, just as so many want the same for Danny. But the solution is ONLY in their hands. They can only, through the available strength of our God, take this and do something with it. We can't force someones hand - it's kind of like when a parent stops a fight between siblings, holding each by the arm and says, "Now apologize to each other." - we all know the sound of that "I'm sorry."

What might happen if everyone with a "position" on this for a moment set down their perspective and wrote to both Danny and Linda offering their prayers for a making of amends - and the healing process each needs. Nothing more than that - could God use that show of Christian love to soften hearts?

As for Danny moving on, I don't believe that he has truly moved on, it takes time and lots of it. As much as it is possible that he did just kick her out. It is just as plausible that the "unknown evidence" is true and that Linda was guilty of breaking her marriage commitment - thus Danny's very painful experience which caused him to give into those base emotions of getting even. Either one is possible. How do we know who is truthful? I recall something from CA where both Linda and Danny claimed the other filed for divorce. It really doesn't matter who filed or if one was going to but the other did. All that matters is two peoples lives were drastically and painfully changed. They were/are public people and because of this those on the outside have felt they need a detailed accounting of the events - in order to pass sentence and make a decision whose side they are on. What if we all were just on both of their sides and seeking, fervently in prayer that each be filled with the peace that passes understanding and this alone lead them to make their amends?

I agree with Clay. Danny handled a number of things poorly through the process - where I differ from many is that I do not believe it was from ill intent towards others, it was because of the pain and the Devil enjoys pain because for most of us he easily gets us to do what he wants when we are in it.

- fhb

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 23 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]147557[/snapback]

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 23 2006, 03:13 PM
Post #133

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Actually, my concern is not either party(Danny and Linda) as they relate to each other. I, like Clay, have always said that even if Linda did each and everything she is accused of, Danny and 3ABN board took the low road in dealing with her. They are the one who claim to be the leaders in SDA Christian living, then they should live that no matter the circumstance. They were vindictive from the start. Danny even coming here to lie to us about he and Linda nd how they spent so much time together and still love each other, only to find out later, he was actually on his way to Guam for a quickie divorce. He had no intention of getting back together with Linda. Now he did not ever need to cme to BSDA to tell us they were receiving counselling, etc. together. That is the kind of actions I am talking about. Linda came here, also, and di d an interview. She was kind and gracious, and i have heard nothing, not even from her enemies to prove that she has ever been less than that, even through this mess. Even Danny doesn't say it, he claims she was seduced because she spent too much time on the internet and on the phone with this the Dr. I know that Danny and his gang have eluded to evidence for two years, and not one shread from that day to this one. So, the rest I am defintely concerned about as there seems to be some question of sexual abuse, and the eprsonal experiences of some here who were wronged in one way or another, or just observed behavior by Danny and th officers at 3ABN that were not at all Christ like. Those get added to the pot. My problem is I am not seeing Jesus in Dannyand the officers and pastors of 3ABN or their actions.

Did you say you read the acounts here? Linda cannot talk, let alone sling any arrows. The agreement/gag order is posted here also. However, in scuring Lindas silence about his part an any of this mess, Danny did not extend to her the same courtesy. We can confront a person about their actions, and ask that they make amends, but if they decide not acknowledge let alone repair any wrongs they have done, you will have to understand if people no longer place themselves in harm's way by extending trust to this person, after it has been betrayed and unacknowledged. Surely, you know that people who are not held accountable for their actions, continue to offend and are bolder with each offense. There are no consequences, why would they stop? this is not just about a break up of a marriage, it is about the intergrity of Danny and 3ABN. Danyy display a HUGE character flaw that is emotionally and spiritually damaging to those around him. There is nothing more dangerous that someone who is oblivious or just uncaring about the damage their actions and words inflict upon others.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 23 2006, 04:36 PM
Post #134

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 23 2006, 10:41 PM) [snapback]147570[/snapback]

Di,

I don't intend for you to see it my way, I have no problem with the fact that we are on opposite sides here - that is the way it is in most dialogues. I realize that my words may be interpreted as being designed to prop Danny up as a victim, they are not. I have no doubts that Danny did things that were detrimental to the marriage, that he did things that were damaging during the divorce process, that he did things that have hurt Linda and others. My continued point is this - none of this is one sided. Now I have to make it clear that I do not constantly watch 3ABN and can not vouch for every moment Danny has been on since the divorce process began. I do find it hard to believe that he blatently singled Linda out, naming her by name and "trashed" her to the world.

There have been other times in its history, even while Linda was there, that 3ABN has come underfire for one reason or another - the Devil will continue to try new avenues until he finds one that will bring a person or an agency of God down (and we all have the Hope of Jesus to over come each one he tries with us).

The break of a marrige is ugly. As I mentioned before I have been there. To my hearts chagrin I slung arrows. At the same time I was pelted with many myself. I keep hearing over and over that Danny did this, and Danny did that - and though I feel far to many of the accusations that have been leveled here are unsubstantiated, I am not naive enough to fail to admit that I have no doubt there are some that are true. What I don't see present is an admission that Linda has slung her own set of arrows at individuals and though they may have flown a little more subtly, they none-the-less have. I understand your cry for acknowledgement and the making of amends, but who are we to demand it? We can want it, we can pray for it, we can counsel to the parties that that would be God's greatest desire. But, we can never make either one of them acknowledge their failings and apologize.

I know you want Linda to heal and to be able to move forward in her life and ministry, just as so many want the same for Danny. But the solution is ONLY in their hands. They can only, through the available strength of our God, take this and do something with it. We can't force someones hand - it's kind of like when a parent stops a fight between siblings, holding each by the arm and says, "Now apologize to each other." - we all know the sound of that "I'm sorry."

What might happen if everyone with a "position" on this for a moment set down their perspective and wrote to both Danny and Linda offering their prayers for a making of amends - and the healing process each needs. Nothing more than that - could God use that show of Christian love to soften hearts?

As for Danny moving on, I don't believe that he has truly moved on, it takes time and lots of it. As much as it is possible that he did just kick her out. It is just as plausible that the "unknown evidence" is true and that Linda was guilty of breaking her marriage commitment - thus Danny's very painful experience which caused him to give into those base emotions of getting even. Either one is possible. How do we know who is truthful? I recall something from CA where both Linda and Danny claimed the other filed for divorce. It really doesn't matter who filed or if one was going to but the other did. All that matters is two peoples lives were drastically and painfully changed. They were/are public people and because of this those on the outside have felt they need a detailed accounting of the events - in order to pass sentence and make a decision whose side they are on. What if we all were just on both of their sides and seeking, fervently in prayer that each be filled with the peace that passes understanding and this alone lead them to make their amends?

I agree with Clay. Danny handled a number of things poorly through the process - where I differ from many is that I do not believe it was from ill intent towards others, it was because of the pain and the Devil enjoys pain because for most of us he easily gets us to do what he wants when we are in it.

- fhb

Fallible,

I understand your suspicion since you are merely lookinng in from the outside. You may not be willing to look at things from my perspective because you do not know me.

I was in this from before it started. I was working for Danny and Linda and with them. Both were getting close to us when this visitor came to see us at 3ABN. He came to us as a friend and a physician to check my wife who had a serious case of cancer. He wanted to see and compare what Linda's and Danny's medical friends could do for her, and what he could do for her back in Europe. So Linda wondered what he might be able to do for her son, whom no other physician had been able to help. An immediate friendship started - right in our kitchen - between Nathan and Dr. Arild, and the doctor invited Nathan to come to his clinic in Norway without charging him for it.

Nathan's girlfriend came along and stayed about a week. Then Linda came for a 3-day visit to see the progress, and Brenda Walsh came along to check on Linda, as I was told at the time. I went there too while Linda and Brenda were there. The first person I saw near Arild's house was a charming young person I had never seen before, I thought. When I started talking to him I discovered it was a re-created version of Nathan.

I have often wondered later why Dr. Walt Thompson and Danny Shelton have publically stated that this whole thing had nothing to do with Nathan, but then I recalled what extremely poor relationship there was between Danny and his foster son.

From this time on I was in close communication with the following three persons:

Danny Shelton
Linda Shelton
Dr. Arild Abrahamsen

All three were telling me their thoughts and reporting what they were doing, either by e-mail or by phone. Danny and Linda were extrermely busy during the month of February 2004. Rallies in Florida and the Phillipines. Then they were back home in March, and that is when things started rolling.

So I also experienced first-hand most of the things you find in Dr. Arild Abrahamsen's letter here, and I can verify it is the truth. I had also talked to Dr. Walt Thompson, Nick Miller and John Lomacang before the divorce. I could verify that my wife and I had been with Arild in Norway when Danny insisted he and Linda had been together in Florida. Danny refused us to appear before the board to verify Linda's innosence.

I could go on telling how Danny told the worst tales about Linda. How he insinuated Arild had killed his wife, etc.

Read Arild Abrahamsen's account. If you have any questions feel free to ask. My e-mail is johann@direkte.org.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Observer
post Aug 23 2006, 07:36 PM
Post #135

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

You said: "She could have had Brenda for instance handle communiques with her son's Dr. "

such a statement could only come from someone who does not understand the dynamics involved in the treatment required for someone with addictions.

The family, must be treated, as a unit. All are involved, and the treatment is most effective when all family members are involved. Danny hindered the treatment by not being involved. Linda was required to be involved.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church