Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10483&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:57:11 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Behind The Scenes, By Jorgen VanBraun
husbandoftheyear
post Sep 10 2006, 04:25 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(inga @ Sep 10 2006, 11:40 AM) [snapback]151126[/snapback]

Even though I've not had the honor of meeting his late wife, Irmgard, I'm convinced through her personal testimony, that she was a sweet Christian lady who loved Linda dearly and was terribly stressed by all the persecution Linda had to endure.

I can testify that this lady was, indeed, as you say, a "sweet Chrstian lady."

This post has been edited by husbandoftheyear: Sep 10 2006, 04:28 PM

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 10 2006, 05:08 PM
Post #32

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Sep 11 2006, 12:25 AM) [snapback]151197[/snapback]

I can testify that this lady was, indeed, as you say, a "sweet Chrstian lady."

I can testify that Irmgard told Danny she wanted to give him a real good spanking for all the evil he did to Linda.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 10 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 10 2006, 03:08 PM) [snapback]151207[/snapback]

I can testify that Irmgard told Danny she wanted to give him a real good spanking for all the evil he did to Linda.

Johann, that certainly showed Irmgard's strength of character!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Sep 10 2006, 07:27 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 10 2006, 06:08 PM) [snapback]151207[/snapback]

My mama always told me that I would never be too old. She's threatened a few times! And how I would have loved to see Irmgard after Dan! Whew!

bottom.gif

Hey - I bet we could sell tickets!

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
steffan
post Sep 10 2006, 07:28 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

Dan isn't in the same class as Koresh & Jones -- yet. However, Dan certainly appears to exercise "strict control" over his employees. (Have you read the thread on "new security measures" that indicates installation of AV recording equipment that is set up to recognize key words and phrases?)

It is standard practice in all the companies I've worked in to
a. have card swipe for entry and exit. No card, no entry, no exit.
b. record _every_ telephone conversation, with phrase recognition
c. Backup and store _every_ email that passes through company servers
d. Have video cameras in every possible location, including parking, where parking is applicable.

If you had read the threads available on this forum, you would know that brainwashing does happen. In fact, even Dan's public broadcasts do a certain amount of "brainwashing" through his continually repeated statements that he receives direct "words from the Lord," that any criticism of the administration of 3ABN (i.e. Dan Shelton) is an attack on God, etc. Folks listening to these oft-repeated statements begin to believe them, especially if they watch only 3ABN -- which is the case for a lot of folks. The main difference in Waco was that, at a certain point, folks could not leave the brainwashing sessions.

So I did a quick poll of people I know. Of the 28 people I asked, none of them "believed" in Danny. Sure they watched 3ABN, and Hope and LLBN, but none actually believed that just because Danny said it, it must be. Count me amongst them, making it 26. So I don't know which folks you know, obviously you don't know the folks I know.

You speak of 3ABN employees getting to "go home" every night. However, where they get to go, isn't really "home," which is where they came from in order to "serve God" by working for 3ABN at substandard wages, living in substandard housing and requiring government subsidy in order to survive.

So leave and get a job where you don't have to have substandard housing and government subsidies. If you serve the Lord with all your heart, difficulties on earth are pointless. And as I pointed out before, I have personally experienced this.

You imply that employees have nothing to lose by just resigning and leaving. That demonstrates you have not read the personal testimonies of former employees and what Dan Shelton does to prevent them from being employed elsewhere. Add to the equation that, by the time folks realize that they've been "had," their financial resources are used up, and they have no reserve for food and clothing, let alone moving. Thus they are not physically locked in to a compound with walls, but they are as truly "locked in" by circumstances Dan Shelton controls. For the sake of their sanity they must believe that Dan is truly led by God for as long as they possibly can, as was true for many of David Koresh's victims. (I still find it difficult to believe that he snared so many apparently intelligent, reasonable people. Those at Waco were not all "kooks.")

So locked in by circumstances becomes equating 3ABN with Koresh? I know plenty of people locked in by circumstances, so they are members of a cult?

And you wonder why employees don't come on this board giving their real names and addresses? Considering the underhanded means Dan has used to spy on people, you wonder that they suspect you of being a spy? This is one place they are believed , and that surely must be important to folks who are in such desperate circumstances.

I don't ask for real addresses. Real names, yes. Verifiable information, yes. Addresses? Please point out where I have asked for addresses. I don't wonder about why I am thought of as a spy. I simply keep repeating that I am not. Let me get this straight. I don't believe you, but I am asked to. You don't believe me and I ask you to. Can you see how this is never going to be resolved?

Like I said, you don't know what you're saying. Even Elder Johann Thorvaldsson, who was not dependent on 3ABN for a salary, since he worked as a European liaison as a volunteer, has paid a heavy price for opposing Dan Shelton and refusing to spread lies about Linda. Even though I've not had the honor of meeting his late wife, Irmgard, I'm convinced through her personal testimony, that she was a sweet Christian lady who loved Linda dearly and was terribly stressed by all the persecution Linda had to endure. Knowing that stress lowers the body's immune system's ability to fight cancer, I have no doubt that Dan's continual harassment of Linda and of Johann and Irmgard contributed to her untimely death.

Like I keep saying, when I read "dressed" up narratives, I can't believe them. And it is quite a stretch to blame the unfortunate Irmgard's cancer related death to Danny. But yet you do.

Yes, Johann has paid a price for his "whistle-blowing."

I wonder which price. Johann himself states that Danny tried to make life difficult for him. Yet his local church and his conference rejected any interference. He continues to get his sustentation from the church. These are his words, not mine.

From your posts, I'm guessing you're rather young, and make statements with the brashness and assurance of youth. Even David, the Psalmist, recognized that the "wicked prosper" while the righteous often suffer. While it is true that nothing can befall us that the Lord does not allow, it takes a mature Christian faith to deal with the fall-out. The results for 3ABN employees can be homelessness and starvation, as well as loss of reputation and income -- not just present, but future, since Dan does all in his power to make sure no one else employs them. What makes you think that God will shield 3ABN employees more than He shielded His own Son?

Until you have demonstrated that you are willing to give up all to ensure that wrongs are righted, please do not judge 3ABN employees so harshly.

I'm not young and if I were, I presume I wouldn't spend so much time on this forum. And there you have it. God did not promise us riches and glory on earth for following Him. On the contrary, He said men will persecute you for My sake. What He did promise was an inner peace. So 3ABN employees suffering hardship from Danny have an exemption? They can continue working under this "evil" because people in this forum say they will be persecuted? As I pointed out before, I have taken ethical stands that have cost me my job and subsequent hardships. What did not change was the peace I had, regardless of circumstances.

As far as my being a spy, please be patient. I will reply to all other posts that directly addressed me, reveal more information concerning myself and will retire from this forum permanently.

The admins can then verify, via my IP address, that I am not lurking on this forum, reading more posts that start to make less and less logical sense.

Steffan Philip

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Sep 10 2006, 08:08 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

The results for 3ABN employees can be homelessness and starvation, as well as loss of reputation and income . . .

Here is the type of hyperbole that Steffen, myself, and a few others just don't buy. When you throw this stuff out, make statements like this with absolutely no supportive material it makes it very difficult to accept your assertions.

Who has starved, lived in a car or under a bridge, who has lost reputation and how, and whose income has been eliminated as a result of working at 3ABN and being let go, fired, or left of their own volition because they have disagreed with some aspect of how 3ABN is run? (terribly constructed sentence sorry)

Now, I could say I called 3ABN and talked with Danny, Pastor John, Dr. Thompson, May Chung, Kenneth Denslow, Bill Hulsey, Ellsworth McKee, G. Ralph Thompson, Owen Troy, Larry Welch, Shelley Quinn, Brenda and the sisters, Kay Kuzma, the Steensons, Moses Primo, Mark Finley, or Doug Bacehlor (I am sure I got someones name spelled wrong there) and they assured me that the allegations are false. They could have agreed that Danny should have handled things differently, but that the running of this ministery (from the broom pusher to the board room) is in the hands of God and though humans with faults are doing the daily tasks - with God's guiding hand everything will work out the way it needs to to keep the ministry operating for the greater glory of our Heavenly Father. I could share that and the pro-Linda faction would deride and say that whomever I spoke with is a 3ABN stooge and lying to me. That begs the question - how do any of us know that those who claim to "have the true facts" are telling the truth? We don't, we can't. We have to accept on faith what you say, we have to accept on faith the words of 3ABN - the only thing we have that is "official" would be the tax documents in the case that is still pending before the appelate court in Illinois, and the divorce degree which of course will not give any detail because they are basically form documents these days - there is nothing else official, the letters form Dr. Thompson, and Dr. Abrahamsen, and Johan. The other documents here are not official, as they even titled themselves so (The Unofficial History of 3ABN), so can not be considered reliable.

You ask, no expect, those coming here to gather what they can so they can decide to support or not 3ABN to accept all you say as the unmitigated truth. There is an arrogance in that, can you not see that? Maybe you don't realize this - you have told your tale so long that you can not understand why anyone would doubt you - not thinking there is an equal and just as strong corresponding question - why should we believe you. There is offense taken when we don't accept and join in the harping. If this is indeed a place you want to share your story and your side of the issues then you must be willing and ready to accept - without malice - that there will be people who will come in here, ask pointed questions, not like your response, disagree with it, just as there will be those who accept your "testimony" as full of truth.

In a high school, debate team members are those who do not take the fact that someone is going to disagree with them personally - you can't. If you want to be taken seriously, if you want your position to carry weight, you need to be emotionless when it comes to the case against you - though not emotionless when making your case. You can not belittle, ridicule, berate, question the intellligence, integrity, or character of your opposition - in the end this will lead to you losing the support of those you wish to convince.

Yes Panama, this is lengthy, but I guarentee you I thought it through long and hard, as well as wrote and rewrote it a few times to try and be even handed and as PrincessDi asked yesterday, take it down a few notches (you were right PD, I was a bit edgy and defensive).

There are a few more thoughts I have, but will wait until I can run them through a reductionist machine so they are more concise.

- fhb

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Sep 10 2006, 08:19 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(steffan @ Sep 10 2006, 08:28 PM) [snapback]151244[/snapback]

It is standard practice in all the companies I've worked in to
a. have card swipe for entry and exit. No card, no entry, no exit.
b. record _every_ telephone conversation, with phrase recognition
c. Backup and store _every_ email that passes through company servers
d. Have video cameras in every possible location, including parking, where parking is applicable.

This does not discribe only Fortune 500 companies or financial institutions or governmental offices - it applies ot a myriad of business in a plehora of businesses/industry/think tanks. In an age when the most valuable comodity is information, these are the safeguards to keep the product created secure as well as to make sure the post-it notes aren't headed home as a way to make shopping lists and post them on the fridge.

This is SOP in western society.

- fhb

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Sep 10 2006, 08:20 PM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
steffan
post Sep 10 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

I tried editing this post to get the quotes come out right but it isn't happening.
So here goes

[quote name='inga' date='Sep 10 2006, 12:15 PM' post='151128']
Some of us happen to know enough about individuals involved that is verifiable that we accept their words as true and can judge other postings by those criteria. Others have used the good brains God gave them to put the pieces of the puzzle together. That's why we "know" more than you do.

Now, [b]just why
do you need to "know" all these things?[/b]
[/quote]

Some of you know these people and that somehow makes everything you say verified? "John Smith verifies that Susan Q is speaking the truth" is worthless in terms of veracity.
I'm sorry, we are playing games here now? We are putting a puzzle together? How does that work with plain and honest speaking?

[quote]

There is plenty of public information available that is rather problematic. If you had read the information availabe on this board, you would know of this information. Instead, you demand that persons reveal their identity and expose themselves to grave danger. What makes you think you have the right?
[/quote]
Grave danger? Danny calls Dr. AA's church to demand something be done about it and is turned down by their church pastor and is called a nut case and he seems to be in no physical danger (Johann and/or Dr. AA, in their own words). As far as I can tell, grave danger would imply what? Death? Disfigurement? Another example of hyperbole.

[quote]
So do you consider long phone conversations with one's child's doctor as grounds for divorce? (If you do, the Bible doesn't, and 3ABN supposedly promotes a conservative Adventist view which takes the Bible literally. The only kind of "spiritual adultery" known in the Bible is for those "married to God" worshiping other gods. Perhaps that's really what Dan means -- that Linda transgressed by not worshiping Dan Shelton as god?)
[/quote]

So of course I asked my wife the same question. What if her child was being treated by a doctor? How much time would she spend on the phone with the doctor (and _not_ her son). 30 minutes, 1 hour to stretch it, maybe 2 hours. Every day? Here's her answer. 1. Find out how my son is doing 2. Thank the doctor effusively 3. Talk to my son as long as posisble. Total time for 1+2? 15 to 30 minutes. So how did 6 hours sound to her? She said that woman is foolish and crazy for even doing such a thing. Sorry, not my words, my wife's (whose question who started me on this journey of inquiry). What if she did it every day? Wife replies, you would raise a ruckus. Darn right, I would. And what if you refused to stop? No answer there and I don't think there could be one for this tangled situation.
On the other hand, Jesus said adultery can be committed in the heart and since I am not God, I don't know what was in your heart, only how long your phone conversations were.
And again, your introducing silly elements of conversation "Linda transgressed by not worshipping Dan Shelton as God" which have no real bearing on the conversation make me distrust anything you post.

[quote]
[*]Statements on the 3ABN website implied the worst about Linda, without giving any evidence. (And now you want evidence that their unverified implications are not true?? wallbash.gif
[/quote]
That's your opinion. I can read very plainly "Linda did not follow counsel" and see no implication. Your mind is bent on implication. To-may-to to-mah-to.

[quote]
[*]Walt Thompson has sent out letters vilifying Linda and implying that Dan is the chosen of God while Linda and her supporters are equated with Lucifer.
[/quote]
See above.

[quote]
[*]Danny's current wife moved in very close to him very shortly after Linda was kicked out. He started keeping company with her rather quickly, as I understand. Although she came for "employment' reasons, her "employment" record is a bit unusual, to put it charitably. (You can find the details on this board, if 3ABN employees won't tell you over the phone.)
[/quote]
Unverified bogus information.

[quote]
[*]Publicly available records give rise to grave questions regarding millions of dollars sent to 3ABN for the ministry, millions that are not accounted for. There are other questions regarding financial misdeeds.
[/quote]
When Linda was there. Linda also lied about receiving funds for the CDs she sells. Also in the same document.

[quote]
[*]Dr. Abrahamsen gave his own version of events, and his identity, his reputation in his own church and conference, his reputation in his own church and conference, and his reputation and experience as a medical doctor are verifiable. (If you don't accept this, just what kind of "verifiable information" do you expect??) dunno.gif
[*]If you con't accept Dr. Abrahamsen's testimony because he has been accused by Dan Shelton and thus would have a stake in the affair, what excuse do you have for not accepting Johann Thorvaldsson's testimony? He has absolutely no stake in this whatsover, except that he cannot abide the abuse of innocent victims. His reputation and previous record of service in the Seventh-day Adventist church is verifiable, if you care to go to the effort.
[/quote]
Dr. Walt T gave his own version of events and his identity, his reputation in his own church and conference, his reputation in his own church and conference, and his reputation and experience as a medical doctor are verifiable. (If you don't accept this, just what kind of "verifiable information" do you expect??) dunno.gif
And should I continue cutting and pasting the rest of paragraph or do you get the drift?

[quote]
[*]Dan's statements on 3ABN continue to refer to his "former wife" in a derogatory manner.
[/quote]
It's obvious you're watching 3ABN Venus and I'm watching 3ABN Mars since you seem to read a lot into things that are not even said. Like I said, there is no meeting of minds here, just mutual distrust.

[quote]
What I see happening is that you ask for verification which you are unlikely to believe anyway, since it comes via this board. (There are those on this board who have given a great deal of information about their identities, with at least one having given his true name. If you are too lazy to read the posts here to find out the details, why should anyone here tell you?)
[/quote]
"An exalted one close to Danny and a little bundle of joy"
I asked for the name of the exalted one and the name of the little bundle of joy at first. Nobody has yet named these people.
You are obviously too lazy to even read the latest posts.

[quote]
You don't have to know anything more than is widely and publicly available, and you don't even have to know that. However, if you really want to know, there's plenty of solid information on this board, verified by several parties, for you to make up your own mind.

Yes, there are emotional statements, exaggerated statements and speculation, but you shouldn't have too hard a time to sort things out if you use the brains God gave you.
[/quote]
bogus information is not made solid information just because you say so. Verification by shadows is not verification, it's just more bogus verification.

[quote]
This continual asking for identities and verification simply demonstrates to the users of this board that you don't care enough to do your own reading, and you just might be a Dan Shelton plant, or even an alter identity for him. (Hey, don't blame people too much for being paranoid when they have already either experienced harassment themselves or watched the harassment of others.) )
[/quote]
So I should not ask for verification. Just drink the anti-Danny kool-aid and all will be well with me? Sorry, I'm not that kind. Your paranoia exists in your own mind and I pray that you will be cured.

And this is as good a time as any to reveal more details about myself and bid sayonara to this nasty swamp.

Steffan Philip
member of the Greater New York Conference
New York

Feel free to contact me via email since I won't be here.

And this time, for real, goodbye and God bless.

Steffan
steffankp@gmail.com

This post has been edited by steffan: Sep 10 2006, 10:13 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 10 2006, 10:13 PM
Post #39

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Sep 10 2006, 06:08 PM) [snapback]151248[/snapback]

Here is the type of hyperbole that Steffen, myself, and a few others just don't buy. When you throw this stuff out, make statements like this with absolutely no supportive material it makes it very difficult to accept your assertions.

Who has starved, lived in a car or under a bridge, who has lost reputation and how, and whose income has been eliminated as a result of working at 3ABN and being let go, fired, or left of their own volition because they have disagreed with some aspect of how 3ABN is run? (terribly constructed sentence sorry)

Now, I could say I called 3ABN and talked with Danny, Pastor John, Dr. Thompson, May Chung, Kenneth Denslow, Bill Hulsey, Ellsworth McKee, G. Ralph Thompson, Owen Troy, Larry Welch, Shelley Quinn, Brenda and the sisters, Kay Kuzma, the Steensons, Moses Primo, Mark Finley, or Doug Bacehlor (I am sure I got someones name spelled wrong there) and they assured me that the allegations are false. They could have agreed that Danny should have handled things differently, but that the running of this ministery (from the broom pusher to the board room) is in the hands of God and though humans with faults are doing the daily tasks - with God's guiding hand everything will work out the way it needs to to keep the ministry operating for the greater glory of our Heavenly Father. I could share that and the pro-Linda faction would deride and say that whomever I spoke with is a 3ABN stooge and lying to me. That begs the question - how do any of us know that those who claim to "have the true facts" are telling the truth? We don't, we can't. We have to accept on faith what you say, we have to accept on faith the words of 3ABN - the only thing we have that is "official" would be the tax documents in the case that is still pending before the appelate court in Illinois, and the divorce degree which of course will not give any detail because they are basically form documents these days - there is nothing else official, the letters form Dr. Thompson, and Dr. Abrahamsen, and Johan. The other documents here are not official, as they even titled themselves so (The Unofficial History of 3ABN), so can not be considered reliable.

You ask, no expect, those coming here to gather what they can so they can decide to support or not 3ABN to accept all you say as the unmitigated truth. There is an arrogance in that, can you not see that? Maybe you don't realize this - you have told your tale so long that you can not understand why anyone would doubt you - not thinking there is an equal and just as strong corresponding question - why should we believe you. There is offense taken when we don't accept and join in the harping. If this is indeed a place you want to share your story and your side of the issues then you must be willing and ready to accept - without malice - that there will be people who will come in here, ask pointed questions, not like your response, disagree with it, just as there will be those who accept your "testimony" as full of truth.

In a high school, debate team members are those who do not take the fact that someone is going to disagree with them personally - you can't. If you want to be taken seriously, if you want your position to carry weight, you need to be emotionless when it comes to the case against you - though not emotionless when making your case. You can not belittle, ridicule, berate, question the intellligence, integrity, or character of your opposition - in the end this will lead to you losing the support of those you wish to convince.

Yes Panama, this is lengthy, but I guarentee you I thought it through long and hard, as well as wrote and rewrote it a few times to try and be even handed and as PrincessDi asked yesterday, take it down a few notches (you were right PD, I was a bit edgy and defensive).

There are a few more thoughts I have, but will wait until I can run them through a reductionist machine so they are more concise.

- fhb

FHB, I am impressed. This is solid reasoning and we all would do well to take it to heart. Well done.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 10 2006, 10:23 PM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(steffan @ Sep 10 2006, 08:04 PM) [snapback]151255[/snapback]

And this time, for real, goodbye and God bless.

Steffan
steffankp@gmail.com

You made some very good points. Goodbye Steffan.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Sep 10 2006, 11:44 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Sep 10 2006, 07:08 PM) [snapback]151248[/snapback]

Now, I could say I called 3ABN and talked with Danny, Pastor John, Dr. Thompson, May Chung, Kenneth Denslow, Bill Hulsey, Ellsworth McKee, G. Ralph Thompson, Owen Troy, Larry Welch, Shelley Quinn, Brenda and the sisters, Kay Kuzma, the Steensons, Moses Primo, Mark Finley, or Doug Bacehlor (I am sure I got someones name spelled wrong there) and they assured me that the allegations are false. They could have agreed that Danny should have handled things differently, but that the running of this ministery (from the broom pusher to the board room) is in the hands of God and though humans with faults are doing the daily tasks - with God's guiding hand everything will work out the way it needs to to keep the ministry operating for the greater glory of our Heavenly Father. I could share that and the pro-Linda faction would deride and say that whomever I spoke with is a 3ABN stooge and lying to me.

Did you contact each of these people, or did you not? "Could" is such a slippery word and I notice that you used it three times in the quote. If you contacted all the people you mentioned, this is first hand information and I will sit up and take notice. But if you did not, I will just assume that this is an old debating trick where you have other people mouth your personal thoughts.

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Sep 11 2006, 12:38 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(inga @ Sep 10 2006, 09:40 AM) [snapback]151126[/snapback]

You imply that employees have nothing to lose by just resigning and leaving. That demonstrates you have not read the personal testimonies of former employees and what Dan Shelton does to prevent them from being employed elsewhere. Add to the equation that, by the time folks realize that they've been "had," their financial resources are used up, and they have no reserve for food and clothing, let alone moving. Thus they are not physically locked in to a compound with walls, but they are as truly "locked in" by circumstances Dan Shelton controls.

Some good thoughts, Inga. Even under the most ideal circumstances, changing jobs and moving brings up a number of challenges.
1. Locating a job where a person can be proficient. If a person is working full time, it is often difficult to get away for an interview. If a person is in a specialized field, he may have to move hundreds of miles to find any place where he can work in his field.
2. A move is traumatic on the family. Children have been with their friends for most of their lives. To set them in a church and a new school, regardless of how nice they are, is not easy.
3. Moving is expensive, and a person always has to buy some new things for a new place. My mother said that three moves was equal to one fire.

I have a burden for the workers who are faithfully doing their work, and are scarcely aware what is happening in the upper eschalons of an organization. They are working as unto the Lord. God bless each one of them.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Sep 11 2006, 01:38 AM
Post #43

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Sep 10 2006, 09:08 PM) [snapback]151248[/snapback]

Now, I could say I called 3ABN and talked with Danny, Pastor John, Dr. Thompson, May Chung, Kenneth Denslow, Bill Hulsey, Ellsworth McKee, G. Ralph Thompson, Owen Troy, Larry Welch, Shelley Quinn, Brenda and the sisters, Kay Kuzma, the Steensons, Moses Primo, Mark Finley, or Doug Bacehlor (I am sure I got someones name spelled wrong there) and they assured me that the allegations are false.
- fhb

You should take your advice and make some of those phone calls. That would be solid reasoning, but just saying you "could" is not.

Mark Finley was at the 2004 3ABN Campmeeting when some things were transpiring, so why not start with him? He's mentioned in Arild Abrahamsen's letter. Ask Finley what he saw and heard. What makes you think Finley will assure you of anything?

Then, ask Doug Batchelor or Amazing Facts if they donated TV equipment to Danny Shelton, in return for air time. Find out if Batchelor assures you of anything.

Ask Walter Thompson to FedEX you his "unquestionable" evidence.
Get Thompson's audio copies of the phone calls, too. Look for your assurance in the the FedEx envelope you receive from him - filled with vital evidence. (Yes, that will happen. lol.gif )

As for Ellsworth McKee (click here):

"Chattanoogan - Attorneys in a $16 million lawsuit are questioning why the chairman of the board of McKee Bakery cannot give a deposition in the case. Ellsworth McKee, who is also chief administrative officer at McKee, testified Tuesday morning that he suffers from sleep apnea and has trouble staying awake...It says the problem is causing "decreased ability to concentrate and make proper decisions."

Will Ellsworth, a 3ABN board member, stay awake long enough to even talk to you about his proper decision regarding Linda Shelton? Was he even awake during his own board meeting when they fired Linda? I'm not so sure.

As for the paid management and board members of 3ABN on your list, that's all they are.

I remember when the executives of tobacco companies were assuring everyone cigarettes did not cause cancer, when, in fact, they had internal documents saying the exact opposite. How much were the assurances of these paid executives worth, in the end? Some of these tobacco executives had social status in their respective communities. But they were still lying.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Sep 11 2006, 01:40 AM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 11 2006, 01:57 AM
Post #44

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Sep 11 2006, 04:08 AM) [snapback]151248[/snapback]

---

Now, I could say I called 3ABN and talked with Danny, Pastor John, Dr. Thompson, May Chung, Kenneth Denslow, Bill Hulsey, Ellsworth McKee, G. Ralph Thompson, Owen Troy, Larry Welch, Shelley Quinn, Brenda and the sisters, Kay Kuzma, the Steensons, Moses Primo, Mark Finley, or Doug Bacehlor

----

- fhb

You state you "could", but I have actually talked to 13 of the people you mention, 8 of them about this issue. None of them have been able to convince me that 3ABN is giving a true picture of what happened, because they have not been able to show any valid evidense against what Irmgarad and I experienced, saw and heard. They have merely confirmed my conviction that the whole affair was staged for a certain purpose.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
lurker
post Sep 11 2006, 06:45 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

QUOTE(Ralph @ Sep 11 2006, 01:38 AM) [snapback]151260[/snapback]

Some good thoughts, Inga. Even under the most ideal circumstances, changing jobs and moving brings up a number of challenges.
1. Locating a job where a person can be proficient. If a person is working full time, it is often difficult to get away for an interview. If a person is in a specialized field, he may have to move hundreds of miles to find any place where he can work in his field.
2. A move is traumatic on the family. Children have been with their friends for most of their lives. To set them in a church and a new school, regardless of how nice they are, is not easy.
3. Moving is expensive, and a person always has to buy some new things for a new place. My mother said that three moves was equal to one fire.

I have a burden for the workers who are faithfully doing their work, and are scarcely aware what is happening in the upper eschalons of an organization. They are working as unto the Lord. God bless each one of them.

There is another reason why some may be staying at 3ABN though they are convinced that there is a problem there. There may be divided families where one spouse is convinced that Danny is God's messenger and the other spouse is convinced that a cultlike situation exists among the followers of DS. As in any cult there is concern about families being broken up if one leaves the cult and the other stays. One may not be able to convince the other that it is not his or her duty to stay loyal to the leader and of the danger of remaining there. That one may stay out of concern for the deceived one, hoping to be able to protect him or her. Or they may be concerned about their children or parents who are in the cult.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:57 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church