Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10490&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:23:36 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Dreams & Visions Concerning 3abn, A short letter from Barbara Kerr
Barbara Kerr
post Aug 16 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,087

The Dreams and Visions Concerning 3ABN

I, Barbara Kerr, would also like to share something with everyone that happened beginning in June of 2004 (the month Dan and Linda were divorced).

I received a phone call from a woman in her early 60’s and she was in tears. She was so upset it was hard to understand her. It was the first week in June. She was so shaken and kept asking me if Linda and Danny were “okay”. I was amazed that a viewer was already calling me regarding this situation, because so few people realized yet that Linda had been fired and Dan was insisting on a divorce. She said she was calling the only person she could think of that might be close enough to the Sheltons to verify her concerns. She asked me again if Danny and Linda were okay. I still wasn’t sure how to answer her question. I said, “Why do you ask?” She began crying harder. She said that God had impressed her that something was terribly wrong at 3abn.

I asked her what had made her so upset and she said, “I know you’re going to think I’m crazy, but God spoke to me three times in an audible voice on May 26th, (2004). Twice the voice said clearly, ‘Linda left Danny. Linda left Danny.’” Without saying anything out loud, the woman said to God, “If this is really You and not Satan, say it again.” The voice boomed so loudly that her neighbors could have heard it. “LINDA LEFT DANNY”.

I told her that Linda had just moved out of the house and that things didn’t look good and to pray hard for them. We hung up.

June 3rd, 2005, I received another call from her.

She said she had received a vision regarding 3abn and it was so horrible that she just couldn’t believe it. She was in tears again. During this vision she heard a voice say, “3ABN will be the instrument I will use to bring billions to know the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, but when the redeemed get to heaven and search for their 3ABN family, they will discover that they are only ashes under their feet.”

July 15th, 2005, this same woman had an identical dream two nights in a row. She called me to ask if I knew what the “phoenix” was.

In the dream these words were spoken to her: “I will raise Linda up like the Phoenix from the ashes. She will be bigger and better than she could ever imagine. She will be surprised. It will be quick and soon. This will be with or without Danny’s help. Danny cannot stop her.”

I didn’t really know the answer to her question about the Phoenix. We went to the computer and did a search and discovered the poem by Hans Christian Andersen and were amazed at its content. Following is a paragraph taken from that poem.

“Beneath the tree of knowledge in the garden of paradise stood a rosebush. And here, in the first rose, a bird was born. His plumage was beautiful, his song glorious, and his flight was like the flashing of light. But when Eve plucked the fruit of the tree of knowledge, and she and Adam were driven from paradise, a spark fell from the flaming sword of the angel into the nest of the bird and set it afire. The bird perished in the flames, but from the red egg in the nest there flew a new bird, the only one of its kind, the one solitary phoenix bird.”

You can draw your own conclusions about the dreams. So far everything has come true. I believe we are seeing the fulfillment of the “phoenix” dream right now. With the use of the internet, news travels fast these days. I believe it’s time to restore Linda to her rightful position! The Lord did not bless this woman with 20 years of experience running a network, for her to be idle, and do nothing with her God-given talent.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 16 2006, 08:45 PM
Post #2

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

I'm sorry, Barb. I don't like to be the one to "rain on your parade". But I think we are venturing on to the same Pentecostal "enchanted ground" which is held at 3ABN, and to which I object on doctrinal grounds, when we start putting emphasis on dreams and visions. And I don't think that it is our place to presume to read the mind of God as to whether Linda's "rightful position" is restoration to management of 3ABN. I have no doubt but what God wants her to use her talents and experience for His glory and in His service. But I have grave doubts about whether we should assume what that place should be.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 16 2006, 08:54 PM
Post #3

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 16 2006, 09:45 PM) [snapback]145524[/snapback]

I'm sorry, Barb. I don't like to be the one to "rain on your parade". But I think we are venturing on to the same Pentecostal "enchanted ground" which is held at 3ABN, and to which I object on doctrinal grounds, when we start putting emphasis on dreams and visions. And I don't think that it is our place to presume to read the mind of God as to whether Linda's "rightful position" is restoration to management of 3ABN. I have no doubt but what God wants her to use her talents and experience for His glory and in His service. But I have grave doubts about whether we should assume what that place should be.

are you suggesting that people cannot have visions? or that those visions are from God? or are you saying that since egw died no one else will have visions?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Aug 16 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 16 2006, 07:45 PM) [snapback]145524[/snapback]

I agree, it made me question the validity of the other letter that was written.......

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 16 2006, 08:58 PM
Post #5

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Aug 16 2006, 09:55 PM) [snapback]145527[/snapback]

I agree, it made me question the validity of the other letter that was written.......

why? she reported what someone told her? or are you all uncomfortable about the vision thing? would you have been uncomfortable when young ellen was having her visions?

You have never had a dream that was a premonition? and later that dream came true?

Where is Re' when I need her... dunno.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
September
post Aug 16 2006, 09:06 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,857

I don't question the validity of the other letter Barb wrote...but I have to say that the post about the dreams did give me pause. I'm not saying that God doesn't give people visions, but we have no idea who that woman is--or anything about her. I also felt that the part about Linda being bigger than Danny is not consistant with what God calls His people to be--humble servents. Linda is and has always been a humble servent of God's--and I think that we need to be careful when subscribing to visions that someone has that actually sound quite prideful. Am I making any sense? Also, on a side note, a pheonix is actually a cultic symbol--and I'd have to ask my husband for more details on that--but that is a comment he made after reading the dreams post.

I also believe that for all Linda has gone through, God has a plan and a purpose for her life whose effects will be far reaching to hurting souls for Christ. It will be a ministry that only she can fulfill--just like each of us has a purpose that only we can fulfill. The journeys that we go through--the pains, the joys, etc., all make up who we are in Christ--His molding and making of us for a greater purpose. It's usually a quiet calling--an inner conviction as God speaks to us and enables us to do His bidding.

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Aug 16 2006, 09:07 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 16 2006, 07:58 PM) [snapback]145528[/snapback]

why? she reported what someone told her? or are you all uncomfortable about the vision thing? would you have been uncomfortable when young ellen was having her visions?

You have never had a dream that was a premonition? and later that dream came true?

No, I do not have a problem with "dreams/visions. Just something about this "story" made me uncomfortable. Danny said he had a dream too, why is that hard for some to believe?

I am not sure about this whole mess, I do feel better now that someone has come out and said the same things that others have said, and they have given their name. I always enjoyed Barbara Kerr and respect what she has said and it adds weight to the other things that have been shared here....

+Quote Post
IMM
post Aug 16 2006, 09:08 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,938

And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. Joel 2:28, 29

Repeated again in Acts 2:17, 18

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 16 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #9

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Aug 16 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]145531[/snapback]

No, I do not have a problem with "dreams/visions. Just something about this "story" made me uncomfortable. Danny said he had a dream too, why is that hard for some to believe?

I am not sure about this whole mess, I do feel better now that someone has come out and said the same things that others have said, and they have given their name. I always enjoyed Barbara Kerr and respect what she has said and it adds weight to the other things that have been shared here....

some would say that dreams are our unconscious desires... so the issue is not the dream nor the person but the total picture..... lets not forget Joseph had dreams... and they were not humble at all.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 16 2006, 09:10 PM
Post #10

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 16 2006, 08:58 PM) [snapback]145528[/snapback]

I am uncomfortable with "the vision thing". I've seen too much .... read too much .... come in contact too much .... with the modern day tidal wave of spirit communications ..... both inside the church and out ..... to take the concept and practice lightly. I'm too much engrained in biblical warnings about the powers that will be allowed to Satan in "the last days" ... accompanied by the warnings of Ellen White that this will be the last great test our church will have to face ... to be comfortable with Pentecostal flavored fascination with information gained outside our normal rational facilities. Do I believe that God occasionally does give such communications. Yes, I do. But when they are applied to others besides the one who had the experience, then I think the first thing to do is to thoroughly examine them for credibility and the way they align with scriptural commication between God and his "prophets".

I would doubtless have been "uncomfortable" with "young ellen" having her visions. Right along with the majority of the church members who observed those visions. Keep in mind that Ellen did not have any instant and wide acceptance as to the source of her visions. It was only after the passage of time .... and gradually, with experience in the the results of the visions as well as testing and comparing their content with scripture, that a few believers at a time came to have confidence that her visions were indeed from God.

+Quote Post
justme
post Aug 16 2006, 09:13 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

Easy now ...

It appears that a woman told Barbara something that happened that disturbed her a great deal. How else would this woman have known about Danny kicking Linda off the premises she helped to found.

The lady went to Barb for more information. Vision, dream, premonition, does it really matter?

She was aware of something that only 3ABN-ers knew at that point.

Barb is only tellin us what the lady told her. Barb is not saying that we all should take this lady for gospel.

After all, Danny has apparently had his own hallucinations about Linda.

I expect that there are more individuals who have had "revelations" or "inspirations" about Linda. We just don't know about them yet.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 16 2006, 09:13 PM
Post #12

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 16 2006, 10:10 PM) [snapback]145534[/snapback]

I am uncomfortable with "the vision thing". I've seen too much .... read too much .... come in contact too much .... with the modern day tidal wave of spirit communications ..... both inside the church and out ..... to take the concept and practice lightly. I'm too much engrained in biblical warnings about the powers that will be allowed to Satan in "the last days" ... accompanied by the warnings of Ellen White that this will be the last great test our church will have to face ... to be comfortable with Pentecostal flavored fascination with information gained outside our normal rational facilities. Do I believe that God occasionally does give such communications. Yes, I do. But when they are applied to others besides the one who had the experience, then I think the first thing to do is to thoroughly examine them for credibility and the way they align with scriptural commication between God and his "prophets".

I would doubtless have been "uncomfortable" with "young ellen" having her visions. Right along with the majority of the church members who observed those visions. Keep in mind that Ellen did not have any instant and wide acceptance as to the source of her visions. It was only after the passage of time .... and gradually, with experience in the the results of the visions as well as testing and comparing their content with scripture, that a few believers at a time came to have confidence that her visions were indeed from God.

I would say you are over sensitized to the whole issue.... so anything that remotely sounds like what you have studied you react.... thus you are biased against it....

if the visions or dreams are legit time will tell....

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 16 2006, 09:24 PM
Post #13

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 16 2006, 10:54 PM) [snapback]145526[/snapback]

are you suggesting that people cannot have visions? or that those visions are from God? or are you saying that since egw died no one else will have visions?

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 16 2006, 10:58 PM) [snapback]145528[/snapback]

Right here.

Call it what you like. If I could list folks names and contact information I would. Interestingly enough - it doesn't happen "often" and it doesn't happen "when I want it to" - but everyone of my truest, closest friends know....

WHEN I DREAM, LISTEN AND HEAR!

Even the BIBLE discusses how people will "see visions and dream dreams...." Now as for the dream of the woman in the letter - I refuse to be the one that states that her dream is false. Why?

Because I know me....and I don't discuss it often - but I know.

I HAVE BEEN BLESSED (& I now see it as a "blessing" - didn't see it as a blessing as a child....) with the GIFT OF DREAMS.

1. Don't ask me to "dream about you"....
2. Don't ask me to "dream something for you"...
3. Don't ask me to "dream a solution for a problem"....

It don't work that way.... when GOD/JESUS/HOLY SPIRIT brings me a dream; I immediately know it is "special" - I write it down. I go back to it approximately a day later and then try to "interpret" it. Sometimes the interpretation comes to me immediately. Sometimes it does not. On three occassions my Mother and I had the exact same dream within a few days of each other. I write them in my journal....when I go home I would "compare" with my Mother. We have been exactly the same three times since 1996 (when I started journaling).

Now.

*again*

You may not see this as a "gift" or even "believe" me - I don't care...but trust.

If I tell you I had a dream, give you an interpretation - AND IT INVOLVES YOU.... ya beddah listen!

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 16 2006, 09:28 PM
Post #14

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 16 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]145538[/snapback]

I would say you are over sensitized to the whole issue.... so anything that remotely sounds like what you have studied you react.... thus you are biased against it....

if the visions or dreams are legit time will tell....

It may sound like that to you..... maybe there are some things in life that one should take seriously enough to approach them with .... what's the phrase I've heard here so often? ... "a healthy skeptisim".

The question about visions or dreams that are merely for the purpose of giving information to satisfy someone's curiosity or to give them a feeling of knowing the future is not whether or not they are "legit" in the sense of whether "time will tell". The facts are that they are very seductive and even addictive, and they promote a "hunger for the supernatural" which then gives opportunity for the "wrong" kind of spirits to insert ideas.

Our church has erred in its way of warning against Pentecostalism. Our conservatives, especially, will get all bent out of shape and throw tantrums that are quite literally "heard round the world" when it comes to something like lively music or a worship service that is similar in arrangement to a "Pentecostal" service. But when real Pentecostalism walks in the church, gets up in the pulpit, and is written out in officially published books .... no one bats an eye. We simply lap it up like cream and go looking for more of the same kind ..... only more spectacular than what our neighbor experienced.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 16 2006, 09:31 PM
Post #15

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 16 2006, 09:24 PM) [snapback]145540[/snapback]

Right here.

Call it what you like. If I could list folks names and contact information I would. Interestingly enough - it doesn't happen "often" and it doesn't happen "when I want it to" - but everyone of my truest, closest friends know....

WHEN I DREAM, LISTEN AND HEAR!

Even the BIBLE discusses how people will "see visions and dream dreams...." Now as for the dream of the woman in the letter - I refuse to be the one that states that her dream is false. Why?

Because I know me....and I don't discuss it often - but I know.

I HAVE BEEN BLESSED (& I now see it as a "blessing" - didn't see it as a blessing as a child....) with the GIFT OF DREAMS.

1. Don't ask me to "dream about you"....
2. Don't ask me to "dream something for you"...
3. Don't ask me to "dream a solution for a problem"....

It don't work that way.... when GOD/JESUS/HOLY SPIRIT brings me a dream; I immediately know it is "special" - I write it down. I go back to it approximately a day later and then try to "interpret" it. Sometimes the interpretation comes to me immediately. Sometimes it does not. On three occassions my Mother and I had the exact same dream within a few days of each other. I write them in my journal....when I go home I would "compare" with my Mother. We have been exactly the same three times since 1996 (when I started journaling).

Now.

*again*

You may not see this as a "gift" or even "believe" me - I don't care...but trust.

If I tell you I had a dream, give you an interpretation - AND IT INVOLVES YOU.... ya beddah listen!

snack.gif

thank you Re'..... I had a dream when my wife was pregnant.... we didn't know the gender of the baby..... the ultrasound didn't show because the baby was turned in a position where you couldn't see..... I had a dream of a little girl, head full of braids, giggling while sitting on a couch.... I told my wife... we did not get another ultrasound, but the baby was a girl..... born with a head full of hair... and eventually that hair was braided... and she often sat on the couch giggling.....

whut?

--------------------

+Quote Post

16 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:23 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church